Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well (1565 Views)

7 Buhari Ministers That Are Doing Absolutely Nothing / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by atampakoeg(f): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
This is the truth. Please discuss.

Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2010
Hehehehehe! Na true sha in reverse!
@atam, carry go jare!
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by tpia5: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
where are the "true face of nigeria" gang?

una no see this topic ni abi na diaspora una dey.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by 9ja4eva: 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2010
LMAO @ the thread

Well i beg to differ on that statistics.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
tpia@:

where are the "true face of nigeria" gang?

una no see this topic ni abi na diaspora una dey.
We are waiting for them here. They are afraid to come show their faces. Somebody said its because many of them are not doing well, thats the reason they turn to crime.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by EzeUche0(m): 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2010
I would say most Nigerians in the Diaspora are doing well. . . cool
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by atampakoeg(f): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
which one are we to beleive now?
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by LFJ: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
If definition of doing well is to be able to afford three meals square, clothing and have a place to put your head without worry about the other neighbors disturbing your peace after working day, then I will say they are doing well. But, if your definition of doing well is to have 3 cars, plenty of money in the bank, then it will be hard to say they are doing well.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2010
EzeUche0:

I would say most Nigerians in the Diaspora are doing well. . .  cool

Yeah, and thats why most of them cannot afford ship ticket to travel back home to see their aged parents?
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by moonraker(m): 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ poster

Do you have anyone abroad?? if Yes, then that person close to you might also be a crook??

if no, then it is quite understandable why u send out a vibe of bitterness. FYL, i am doing pretty well

which i think would have been impossible if i was in nigeria!!! definitely my last sentence on this issue,
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by EzeUche0(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
invisible!:

Yeah, and thats why most of them cannot afford ship ticket to travel back home to see their aged parents?

I travel back to Naija at least two times a year. Most of the Nigerians I know, at least go back home during the holidays.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2010
LFJ:

If definition of doing well is to be able to afford three meals square, clothing and have a place to put your head without worry about the other neighbors disturbing your peace after working day, then I will say they are doing well. But, if your definition of doing well is to have 3 cars, plenty of money in the bank, then it will be hard to say they are doing well.

How many can even afford the three meals? What of the ones squatting?
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2010
invisible!:

How many can even afford the three meals? What of the ones squatting?

Seriously, why are you so frustrated. . .  should we ask you how you came up with your 85% stats?

Stop with the foolish notion that mass numbers of NID are suffering or stealing. If you're suffering, no problem, thatz you, homey.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2010
EzeUche0:

I travel back to Naija at least two times a year. Most of the Nigerians I know, at least go back home during the holidays.

You must know only the elites abroad. The ones I know dont come back here in five years, some come back to impregnate their wives after the woman don cry like a thousand time for phone, complaining of 'congi'
Some have never returned since they travelled 15 years ago, we fear they may be in jail or dead. Na wao!
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2010
invisible!:

You must know only the elites abroad. The ones I know dont come back here in five years, some come back to impregnate their wives after the woman don cry like a thousand time for phone, complaining of 'congi'
Some have never returned since they travelled 15 years ago, we fear they may be in jail or dead. Na wao!

So you're typically talking about those you know. Eh ehn, you should have said that now. 85% of the NID you know are suffering abroad.

My aunt is going home for the 5th time this yr alone. You have to understand that it's hard for some ppl to get days off from work to go. My mother only gets 2weeks off in a yr, she prefers to spend those weeks with her children. And yes, she has been home.

If you call your people and talk to them constantly, you dont have to worry about them being in jail or dead.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by tkb417(m): 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
U people don't have work
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by EzeUche0(m): 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2010
invisible!:

Actually, I know pharmacist, doctors, engineers, a few cab drivers, and scientist. Even the cab drivers are able to come home. The people you haven't heard from, probably do not want to be found, because they know people back home will be worrying them about money. I have a cousin living in the UK who acts like that. He only speaks with the family living in the U.S. or the UK, but no one in Nigeria. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by wesley80(m): 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2010
You have to give credit to 95%of NID's, Abeg e no easy. Or is it easy to be 'doing well' in another mans land washing Plates,Corpses, and doing mai-guard (of course in morgues afterall who would employ u to guard anything of value given d way una eyez dey shine and your reputation?) yet they still save enough to send back home, gather enough to come home every 10yrs (of course they only stay that long because Ngr is too hot), dress like some Somalian version of Puff Daddy in their FB profile pictures and after all these expenses, they still have to maintain their constant internet service so they can bombard all these Home Based Nigerians(HBN's) in Nairaland about how they are enjoying 'White mens sweat'. Abeg NID's una dey Hustle, I hail O! .
So no matter what anyone tries to say on this thread, Chin Up, Chest Out afterall nobody dey help una drink the Panadol every night!
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by EzeUche0(m): 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2010
Most of the Nigerians living in the Diaspora are quite educated and do not have menial labor jobs.

I will say 70% of Nigerians who came over are either pharmacist or nurses. And these two jobs pay well.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So you're typically talking about those you know. Eh ehn, you should have said that now. 85% of the NID you know are suffering abroad.

My aunt is going home for the 5th time this yr alone. You have to understand that it's hard for some ppl to get days off from work to go. My mother only gets 2weeks off in a yr, she prefers to spend those weeks with her children. And yes, she has been home.

If you call your people and talk to them constantly, you dont have to worry about them being in jail or dead.

Your last sentence sums up my point, we have to worry about them, they are dear to us. Didnt hear you say you came back, or are you underaged?
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2010
invisible!:

Your last sentence sums up my point, we have to worry about them, they are dear to us. Didnt hear you say you came back, or are you underaged?
Then call them nau. Shebi everybody has a phone.

I've been home o lol grin Will be going soon, soon lolol.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2010
wesley80:

You have to give credit to 95%of NID's, Abeg e no easy. Or is it easy to be 'doing well' in another mans land washing Plates,Corpses, and doing mai-guard (of course in morgues afterall who would employ u to guard anything of value given d way una eyez dey shine and your reputation?) yet they still save enough to send back home, gather enough to come home every 10yrs (of course they only stay that long because Ngr is too hot), dress like some Somalian version of Puff Daddy in their FB profile pictures and after all these expenses, they still have to maintain their constant internet service so they can bombard all these Home Based Nigerians(HBN's) in Nairaland about how they are enjoying 'White mens sweat'. Abeg NID's una dey Hustle, I hail O! .
So no matter what anyone tries to say on this thread, Chin Up, Chest Out afterall nobody dey help una drink the Panadol every night!

LWSMD!!! (laugh wan scatter my dada)
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by bawomolo(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2010
tkb417:

U people don't have work

abi, the same fights every day
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

abi, the same fights every day
Yesooo, till those guys wey say those here are too lazy and are cowards eat their words. You can imagine kettle calling pot black. Somebody ran away and refused to face his responsibilities and still get mouth to talk to warriors here who braved the whole bad conditions and came out tops, una drink something? How many of you can survive the African sunshine, jelly fish.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2010
EzeUche0:

Most of the Nigerians living in the Diaspora are quite educated and do not have menial labor jobs.

I will say 70% of Nigerians who came over are either pharmacist or nurses. And these two jobs pay well.

You are wrong again, except if being a criminal is a type of education. Most Nigerians that run away from here are the misfits, the never do wells, the obstinately stubborn, the drop outs and criminals who steal just to raise enough money to sponsor their journey.
These guys mostly dont have any knowledge of anything, the only thing they want is to go out and make money by all means. They lie that they are footballers, students business people till they get there. And some do make it, just go on, tell me they became pharmacists in one year?
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by invisible2(m): 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2010
guddsid:

Chairman ,  na wa Oh , why do you hate your own people like this sef ?? you no dey try oh . na u wan be d breeze wen wan open fowl nyash
We dont hate them, the only problem is that if they continue that way, crime will increase here. When those with ill gotten wealth return and bid everything sky high, the boys here will want to step up, kidnapping, robbing, ritualizing anything in their path just to even out things and the cycle continues.
In the end we all lose, our country will become more corrupt and our image home and abroad will continue to nosedive.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by tpia5: 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
moonraker:

@ poster

Do you have anyone abroad?? if Yes, then that person close to you might also be a crook??

if no, then it is quite understandable why u send out a vibe of bitterness. FYL, i am doing pretty well

which i think would have been impossible if i was in nigeria!!! definitely my last sentence on this issue,

i suspect you meant to post this on the 85% thread, but in what way are you contradicting the allegations?

isnt that the irony in question?
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by alicianna(f): 12:40am On Oct 30, 2010
Make we drop this topic joo! There are people doing well and not so well everywhere. How about we say 50/ 50 since we're all making up stats! cool cool cool grin
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by moonraker(m): 2:01am On Oct 30, 2010
@ tpia@

No, i am not contradicting myself, the creator of this thread is the one been contradictory,

she was in favour of the fact that 85% of NIDs are crooks and then she opens her own thread and says

that NIDS are doing well, isnt that contradictory?? or is there another definition??

she shd make up her mind jare!!!
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by tpia5: 4:45am On Oct 30, 2010
the 85% and 95% threads were opened by different people.
Re: 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well by moonraker(m): 4:56am On Oct 30, 2010
true, but she made comments on both threads, that is where i am taking my argument,

you just looking for a way to be right, pls give it up,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wikileaks: Okonjo-iweala Ferried $50 Million Jobs To Brother. / Nlc To Shutdown Nigeria With Nation Wide Strike Come January 9th 2012 / President & Labour Finally Reach An Agreement - Work Resumes Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.