Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! (5090 Views)

7 Reasons Why Test Of Sexual Capability Before Marriage Leads To Marital Crisis / Extra Marital Affairs: My Thoughts / I Will Ever Live To Regret My Extra Marital Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by hinduism(f): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2010
If your husband is enjoying a secret rendezvous with another woman, don't run after him with a knife, for the extra-marital affair is a sign that your marriage is a healthy one.

That's the claim of France's most prominent female psychologist Maryse Vaillant in controversial new book on the effects of infidelity on married life, Men, Love, Fidelity, reports The Telegraph .

Vaillant reckons that men who keep mistresses actually improve their marriage.

"[Most] don't do it because they no longer love them, on the contrary," she said. "They simply need breathing space. For such men, who are in fact profoundly monogamous, infidelity is almost unavoidable".

Once women accept that the "pact of fidelity is not natural but cultural", and that infidelity is essential to the "psychic functioning" of certain men who are still very much in love, it can be a "very liberating" for women, she added.

In her book, Vaillant insists that fidelity is not, by definition proof of love.

"They are often men whose father was physically or morally absent , during their childhood. These men have a completely idealised view of their father and the paternal function," she said. "They lack suppleness and are prisoners to an idealised image of a man of duty."

Read more: Extra-marital affairs are good for marriage! - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/man-woman/Extra-marital-affairs-are-good-for-marriage-/articleshow/5395063.cms#ixzz13fVXnv1l
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by hinduism(f): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2010
So are they telling us ladies to stop been jealous?
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by OCCULTIST(m): 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
hahhhahhaaha this is a good one,let the game begin please,no need to hide anymore if that is the case grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by MrCork25: 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2010
hinduism, madam so did your husband run away? , me not understand! angry
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by OCCULTIST(m): 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2010
Agreed, Fidelity could be cultural!! But infidelity for love for wife ? simply proposterous!! cheating on wife means a guy is enjoying his space? how foolish!!
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by babyme1(f): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2010
The end of the world is certainly here. May God help those in the faith to hold on.
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by hinduism(f): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
@Mr^Cork:

you have to trust this is the only thing that you can do trust me nothing will go wrong with your life if you will start running around just to give space to each other
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by MrCork25: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2010
hinduism:

@Mr^Cork:

you have to trust this is the only thing that you can do trust me nothing will go wrong with your life if you will start running around just to give space to each other

madam your grammer is upside down and i dont under stand, pliss can u retype slowly? angry
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by Trac: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
baby.me:

The end of the world is certainly here. May God help those in the faith to hold on.

The end of the world is not here.  Things will only get worse and at this era of time, we might be witnessing the tip of the berg.  The Bible said we should occupy till He comes.  If the article disturbed you, then you are pretty much "uninformed."  This is not even a shocker, it's a norm.  The question is how low far-down the spiral would man as society deem as depraved? 

We shouldn't refer to non-Africans for I believe Africans are worse.  They just don't receive the media hype as others do. 

http://www.modernghana.com/lifestyle/2059/16/ghanaian-woman-marries-her-dog.html
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by God2man(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
A case of calling white, black and calling black, white. God will help us. God2man.
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by slimyem: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
the book,the writer and the op are making me want to puke, ugh!
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by HISchild: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
Let us not be deceived by such foolishness, these things ought not be so. Consider the ramifications (physical - diseases, life threatening "drama", etc), and especially spiritual (sin) before GOD -

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” - Hebrews 13:4
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by Fokativ: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
Hmmm, I hope the article stresses that only men are allowed to use of their "space" to cheat
Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by Eiregirl(f): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
What a load of bullshit! If you want your "space" then don't get married!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Extra-marital Affairs Are Good For Marriage! by MMM2(m): 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2011
i can see undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Guys Wear Same Clothing Repeatedly For Days Without Gettn Irritated? / Mrcork Is Really On Fire Today / What Will Make You Cheat On Your Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.