Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? (2261 Views)

If Your Wife’s Ex Did This On Your Wedding Day, What Will You Do? / When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Dating Tips For Ladies- Ways To Make A Guy Go Crazy Over You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2007
i don't know what the limits are but u guys should read this:

A friend of mine is dating this lady, though he wasn't so into her from day one (she made all the moves & did all the chasing) he later decided to give it a shot. it was cool initially until her arrogance(her folks are filthy rich) and possessiveness ( + constantly demanding marriage) became 2much. Knowing who she was, my friend knew dat dischargin her would be difficult so he decided on a desperate measure; he met with her and told her there's a truth that she's unaware of, he claimed he once had a mental condition for which he was hospitalised and that he still trips once in a while!

Guess what? it worked!! The girl broke into tears, broke off the relationship and left for London. My concern is what if this lady goes about telling everybody and anybody that he was once mad? (which she can), with the gravity of this lie, wouldnt there be consequences?
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by OmoEko1(f): 1:45pm On May 17, 2007
Why do people do foolish things like this thinking it won't backfire angry angry all he had to do was tell the girl the truth instend of making up that big lie angry angry. well i won't be surprise if the girl start telling everyone one that the guy use to be mentally challenge before, he might even missed the chance of meeting his future wife cheesy cheesy.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by IBDat(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2007
Personally i don't see any major issue here.
Yes yo friend was a boy by lying, and it's his lies so even if she tells people he's mad that's his headache.
Lies have a way of comng back round to hunt u, why are u concerned?
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by bebe2007(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2007
grin grin grin very funny story. Mental illness and case close, naija 4 life!!!! he did what had to be done simple. There maybe consequencies, who knows. I give your friend hand o! his actions simply shows she did not truely love him. If she did she would have stayed. Love is blind abi!
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by ijogbon(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2007
sooooo lol looooooooolllll
hahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

Dem gurlz yeah?

Mi'bruv, tell yer man he gat his game on point.

So what if she tells ppl your guy waz thiz and dat? This is the worst that can happen. Your guy (If he thinks it is necessary to join up issues with her) just has to tell the truth and ask whoever that if they had the same situation to deal with would they do otherwise. Hopefully her coming out to tell people stuvs about your man that was apparently told in confidence to a lover + the fact that she broke off the relationship and ran like a bat out of hell + her BAD character as highlighted in your post = People will see through her and make their own decisions. If not your guy should try this,,,,,,,

Listen attentively while the rumours are being spread then say- I cant believe this girl will turn this shit around this way, I promised her on my life I wouldnt tell anybody about HER story and I am keeping my end of the bargain. Damn, I guess she stopped taking her medication, I'm gonna call her Doctor then call her. She must be in a bad place right now, poor darling.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by ijogbon(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2007
@Ma'bebe

You again ?

I guess birds of the same feather,,,,arhan wink
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2007
concerned? cos he's my pal. he told me he was gonna breakup wit the chick, but he didnt tell me how. I would have advised him against it.  

Omo Eko:

Why do people do foolish things like this thinking it won't backfire angry angry all he had to do was tell the girl the truth instend of making up that big lie angry angry. well i won't be surprise if the girl start telling everyone one that the guy use to be mentally challenge before, he might even missed the chance of meeting his future wife cheesy cheesy.

my dear, u got my point. What if he meets a lady he rlly likes and this story goes round to her?
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2007
bebe2007:

grin grin grin very funny story. Mental illness and case close, naija 4 life!!!! he did what had to be done simple. There maybe consequencies, who knows. I give your friend hand o! his actions simply shows she did not truely love him. If she did she would have stayed. Love is blind abi!

ur damn rite, she didnt love him, he was just good looking. But that point didnt need proving cos it was obvious.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by OmoEko1(f): 2:06pm On May 17, 2007
2dye4:

my dear, u got my point. What if he meets a lady he rlly likes and this story goes round to her?
Am sure the lady will understand cheesy cheesy but if it's someone like me, i go run ohhhhh because i will be thinking about if he goes crazy again
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by kike001(f): 2:26pm On May 17, 2007
i think dis is funny he should ve sed d truth but who cares so far it worked
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by dremoney(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2007
bebe2007:

love wan blind diie?
love is deaf and dumb sef cheesy
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by moondust(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2007
the end justfies the means
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 3:03pm On May 17, 2007
moondust:

yup, cos it worked. but don't u see a storm coming afterwards? it could be worse especially when pple heas this & they think its true.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by angel101(f): 3:11pm On May 17, 2007
LOL!! too funny grin
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 3:17pm On May 17, 2007
its cool to know there's still a drop of fun in this situation (i also found it funny when he told me). But really , its like me telling my boss that my folks died just to get a week of work! it's crazy.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by kemoade(f): 3:20pm On May 17, 2007
how could he had done that,  it is really a bad idea which might be used against him.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by cuteass1(f): 7:27pm On May 17, 2007
@ topic

Well like i always say, every action, i mean every action has its consequence whether good or bad wink

If he was trying to be a "fast guy" by taking the fastest way out, then he should sure as hell be prepared for whatever that "lie" might bring his way.
Well like some [/b]said, its not a big issue (we'll see about that, and i hope to God that he's learnt his lesson and that it doesn't cost him a whole lot)
[b]Omo eko
mentioned his possibility of loosing an important person in future, well i guess he'll just have to try and convince "this" person otherwise, if at the long run, he doesn't get her to see facts with him then he has no other person to blame other than his "smart brain" self grin

That is why it is so so necessary to look before you leap, but my dear 2dye4, its such a lovely thing that you're looking out for your friend, but until he reaches that bridge, he can't cross it. He has to wait and see what happens, she might spill it or not, no one can tell yet. If he decides to confront her and tell her the truth, it'll only result to either of two things, either it makes her mad and she does the unthinkable or she understands undecided

He has to make a choice, either to let it go and see what happens, or pick it up with her and face whatever comes from it!! wink
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2007
@cute_ass
thanks for the good point u made.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by McDoe(m): 8:42am On May 18, 2007
It's no big deal. Whether she dramatized on the media or not, you remain who you are. While I am not in support of abrupt termination of a relationship, especially when there is nothing to warrant such action, we sometimes  lie to save our heads. Afterall, who on earth that hasn't lied? But if he feels, that is the only way to stop what he considered unworkable in future, so be it.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by Rhea(f): 11:29am On May 18, 2007
I have a feeling this guy has broad shoulders, is 6'2" tall, and looks like Morris Chestnut.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by dremoney(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2007
Rhea:

I have a feeling this guy has broad shoulders, is 6'2" tall, and looks like Morris Chestnut.

u try.

u go sabi c vision o grin
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by dremoney(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2007
McDoe:

It's no big deal. Whether she dramatized on the media or not, you remain who you are. While I am not in support of abrupt termination of a relationship, especially when there is nothing to warrant such action, we sometimes  lie to save our heads. Afterall, who on earth that hasn't lied? But if he feels, that is the only way to stop what he considered unworkable in future, so be it.

abeg,abeg

I've never lied in my life

I only dont say the truth on so many occassionscheesy
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 1:42pm On May 18, 2007
dremoney:

abeg,abeg

I've never lied in my life

I only don't say the truth on so many occassionscheesy

whats da difference?
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by dremoney(m): 1:52pm On May 18, 2007
2dye4:

whats da difference?

D Difference?

I've not made a confessional statement wink

My lawyers can still argue dat in a court of law
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by 2dye4(m): 2:26pm On May 18, 2007
@dremoney:

sho! we have not yet turned it into a federal case now, no need for ur lawyers yet. grin
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by dremoney(m): 2:58pm On May 18, 2007
2dye4:

@dremoney:

sho! we have not yet turned it into a federal case now, no need for your lawyers yet. grin

smileyfunny!!!

nice meeting u man wink
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by Imani(f): 3:30pm On May 18, 2007
I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. grin
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by dremoney(m): 4:07pm On May 18, 2007
Imani:

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. grin

yup.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by onmakpo: 5:08pm On May 18, 2007

yup, because it worked. but don't u see a storm coming afterwards? it could be worse especially when people heas this & they think its true. 
[color=#990000][/color]

really i belive if the lady wants 2 use it against your friend it wont work unless he is not smart enough.he cahive his end though not thru the best means and any good thinking individual should see his
reason.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by McDoe(m): 5:10pm On May 18, 2007
dremoney, you are a funny lot.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by dremoney(m): 5:25pm On May 18, 2007
McDoe:

dremoney, you are a funny lot.

yaaman cheesy

many tnks sha.

i appreciate.
Re: Desperate Measure: Did This Guy Go Too Far? by arianne(f): 12:48pm On May 19, 2007
i think this lie was rather too bogus! would the girl kill him if he honestly declared his lack of interest in the relationship? did he try to talk some sense into her head and it didnt work? for posterity's sake i hope this issue does not come back to bite him the ass!

well u got what u wanted, abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Celebrate Nigeria@50 On Nl: Romance Section. / Why Are Some Girls Like This? / How Many Guys Can Wait.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.