Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,448 members, 7,781,298 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:00 PM

Wenger; What Next? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger; What Next? (2070 Views)

Jose Mourinho Hit Hard On Arsene Wenger Again / Arsene Wenger Finishes Steven Gerrard / 60 Arsene Wenger Favourite Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wenger; What Next? by marlet01(m): 2:14pm On May 17, 2007
At first i was alomst mad when i heard Wenger would not be signing anyone during the summer market, after he made a statement that he has faith in the young players, I was like WHAT! You are 20points behind league leaders and your team looks okay for you?

Even United, despite being so superb this season are still hungary for more legs to keep that spirit high and here was my coach talking something else.

But thank God he has a keeper now and there has been alot of speculations of other signings; HMMMMM

We are one season away from a club crisis. If we have a repeat season next year, our good

youngsters/players(Cesc, RvP)will leave.It is as simple as that The vultures will be coming for them, just like they did for Overmars and Petit when we didnt win anything for 2 years, and Vieira in 2001. Then this whole transition

malarky would have been a waste of time. And we would have to start again from scratch.

Wenger also has to step up in terms of spening some money in the summer. We all know the money is there, as the financial directors keep telling us. We need to spend good money on quality, no more kids. He has to make a decision over the future of Henry, Freddie, Lehmann,
Gilberto, Baptista, Muamba and Aliadere. And am so happy he has made decisions of some of them already. We need to buy players like we did in the 97 transfer market(Petit and Overmars) and the 2000 transfer market(Wiltord, Pires and Lauren). We need a similar big
transfer market summer. Wenger cant leave it to August 31st either to make transfers,as he usually does. We need to do them in June, so they can have a good pre season with us.

I also thank God for opening his eyes wide enough to sign Fabianski and also some of the current Bidding of some super signings for the progress of the club.
The players that Wenger signs this summer have to be

a)Winners b)Good technically c)Have a proven goal scoring record d)Be between the age of 23 and 27. e)Have a winning mentality, i.e Gallas.

And he has to learn from his mistakes. He has to learn not to kill our momentum when we have 3 crucial games in 10 days. He has to install some urgency into the side. Install some winning mentality. No more of this looser mentality, and lets feel sorry for ourselfs mentality. We need to be cut throat and clinical. He has to install a hunger into the side. Just like Chelsea in 2004/2005. Yes, Mourinho had the luxury of signing whoever he wants, but he still gave them a hunger to succeed. And this is what we have been missing. We need the players to make up for 2 years of disapointment by being more focused and hungry next year. They all have to be 100% commited. 100% commited no lethargic first half.

Wenger also has to learn to be more proactive than reactive as a manager, and make subs, or jazz things up, earlier in the game, and stop being so predictable with the subs etc.

His beautiful football approach has flaws as well. And i feel it needs to be tinkered slighty, if we are going to be legitmate challengers next season. The bottom line is that this new version of Wengerball needs end product. Im not saying go back to George Graham football, but we need a serious re-think about the way we play football. He also has to tell the players to close down more. It is no suprise most teams score against us via a special goal. It is because we dont close down enough.

Also, we must change our training methods, as it is clear we are getting too many injuries, and over the past two years this has hindered us greatly. We must also learn once and for all to take set pieces. The 2007/2008 is Wenger's biggest season at Arsenal. The next year next year BS stops now. And he has to be accounable for their actions. No more future this, potential that. We HAVE to win a trophy next season. So

that at least it shows a)Were heading in the right direction

b)Keeps the players happy and motivated, and to reasure them that they are in the right club.

Because i feel the board are getting tired of his footballing experiements, and 3 seasons without a trophy for a supposedly big club, is simply not good enough. I would also advise Wenger to try and get Tony Adams and Martin Keown as permanent backroom coaches. We need the club to feel like Arsenal again.We need to bring back the winning mentality of the club. We need winners.

I don't know where this loosing mentality came from because Arsenal are not loosers.

I hope we would be on the driving seat next season for the title race.
Re: Wenger; What Next? by loyika(m): 2:26pm On May 17, 2007
Will paste 2 articles from Myles P that really says all i want to say;

[b]"EVERY team needs goalscorers.

Bottom line, Arsenal didn't have enough goalscorers this season.

Van Persie did well with 13 before he got injured scoring his 13th, Gilberto slotted 11 goals including penalties to keep his team going, but the other players didn't score often enough, although their league total was decent.

Spurs and Liverpool, who were fifth and third, scored 57 goals each, while fourth-placed Arsenal scored 63.

Chelsea scored 64 and Manchester United got a mighty 83, proving that they were the best team in the Premiership by far.

Chelsea had the strongest squad and the strongest method and should have walked the league and got to the Champions League Final.

But Jose Mourinho was too concerned with keeping his unbeaten home record, so he drew seven games at Stamford Bridge.

My rule-of-thumb, starting a season, is that you are looking to win at least 26 games if you want the title.

Arsenal won 19.Liverpool won 20, and Chelsea won 24.

Man United won 28 games.

They lost five, two more than Chelsea."[/b]

So that explains how our season went, and Wenger has those stats at his disposal, so he will know what he has to live up to.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Wenger; What Next? by marlet01(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2007
But there is still a problem with our squad. Don't u think we conceed goals alot?

We kept 19 clean sheet this season, we scored 99 and conceeded 55 goals, i mean it was too much.

In the top four we conceeded the most if u can remember?
Re: Wenger; What Next? by marlet01(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2007
The 99 am talking about was in all competitions if am not mistakened.
Re: Wenger; What Next? by mukina2: 2:33pm On May 17, 2007
bottom line is we need  strikers who can find the back of the net!!!!

i sure do hope next season will be a season for us .
with RVP   coming back and  Th14
Re: Wenger; What Next? by loyika(m): 2:39pm On May 17, 2007
Stuff on our transfers here;

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/615/42/

and then this;

[b]"Arsenal is a model of sanity, an oasis of calm. Well, almost.

Your favourite club announced the sale of Muamba on the same day they announced the signing of Lukasz Fabianski, a 22-year old Polish goalkeeper.

Have you ever seen more tidy book-keeping than that? Sell a midfielder for £2 million, buy a goalkeeper for £2 million ? If Muamba is successful at Birmingham, collect a further £2 million. If Fabianski is successful in five years time but gets restless, flog him for £8 million.

This kind of transfer activity is prudent and strategic. This is what Danny Fiszman calls being "financially conservative."

Or looking at it another way, Fabianski's cost of £2 million is the matchday receipts for one game at the Emirates. The money from the Fulham game bought this new goalkeeper.

So Arsene Wenger is an auditor's dream. He wants to balance Arsenal's books because he feels responsible for the debt he encouraged the club to get into.The big stadium was his idea and his success made it possible, but he always knew he would have to skimp on players between 2004 and 2008.

I think that one dark and sleepless night he made a deal with himself. He said something like, " I've got broad shoulders, I'm not as young as I was but I'll take the flak, we can finish third or fourth for five years and have a few Cup runs and turn a medium-sized club into the biggest football club in the biggest city in Europe, and we will then be secure near the top of the richest league in the world. It's a Herculean task and nobody but me would have had the vision to imagine it, or the stamina to see it through and guide Arsenal into a new era in a new stadium with wonderful, glorious trophy-winning teams."

AND THAT COULD HAPPEN !
It could all work out as planned.

But in the meantime we are watching a talented but unbalanced young team which can't win anything

How far can Arsene go with the players he now has? Who knows? Right now, I'm not too optimistic about next year. And maybe he knows this squad's going nowhere and he's just trying to get through this five-year period without spending any money. If his recent disciplinary record is anything to go by, the truth may have started to dawn on him. Because Arsene Wenger, the cool Professor, has never been in disciplinary trouble with the FA three times in one season. There was even a rumour that he offered to resign after the Alan Pardew confrontation at West Ham. While fans and pundits thought the team needed some experienced players, Arsene kept saying he had a strong belief in this team.

Will next season be better? It boils down to : was 2006-2007 a season in the bank ?

If it was, next season could be better. Can Arsenal improve and finish second in 2008? Or will they need a flying start and luck with injuries to finish fourth again?

Can Aston Villa or Everton come out of the pack and claim fourth place?Or are Spurs now the bigger threat thanks to Berbatov's 23 goals and Robbie Keane's 22? If they sell Defoe, replace Carrick with another classy passer, and keep King fit all season, could Spurs challenge Arsenal ? I doubt it. But stranger things have happened in this whacky old game.

My usual view regarding next season is : Ask me on September 1st, after the transfer window has closed, when I can see the squads each manager has assembled.

Before the start of 2005-2006 my answer was : If Arsene can finish second with this squad, he must know something I don't.

He finished fourth on the last day."[/b]

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/616/42/

Couldn't have said it any better.

Not sure about the Prem next season, depending on what signings Wenger makes, and if our key players can stay fit. What i am sure of is that we will win a Trophy, the problem is which one Carliong and FA Cup are just consolation cups, but if we get a good striker like Tevez we could go all the way in the CL (probably push for the Prem, but i still give the team one more season to finally gel, if all the key players stay together).

Next season will be one of fun and frustration as usual. I believe we should concentrate on the Prem and CL, and spend less effort on FA and Milk Cup, going for the Quadruple or Treble might seems cool, but in every war you chose your battles, or else you lose everything.

We will get back on track, no doubt about that. The isssue will be how long it will take .

LETS GO GUNNERS (Can't wait for the new season to start cool cool Emirate Cup starts July 28th cool So near but so far cry cry)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Wenger; What Next? by afodam(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2007
Arsenal is going thru what i will call a revolution it is not easy to loose players like beckham,viera,pires,cole,lauren and play all season with almost all the first team injured one time or the other, am sure wenger really knows the department to walk on, he just got a goal keeper that will probably replace lehman. we need just one sharp attacker to fortify our attack. with injury free we are good to go next season.
Re: Wenger; What Next? by marlet01(m): 9:47am On May 19, 2007
I strongly believe that wenger put us in this situation and is only him that can get us out.

Arsenal has been known for parading matured players that can win tournament and competitions, at least Wenger came to Arsenal to meet some matured players like Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Ray Parlour and some host of others, Even the arrival of Wenger he still had some matured players in his bidding like i said earlier so am so suprised where he got this mentality of building a team?

You can only build a team in terms of country level not club.
He really needs to get into the transfer market and get world class players and stop all this "Building of a team mentality" we don't need speculations on who we will sign and who we will not, we need people that can move the team ahead.
Just three players of class can do that.
1. A sharp attacker that will take the place of Adeboyor when he goes for the cup of nations, someone sharper than himself.
2. A talented midfielder with the ability to manover defenders. e.g Christiano Ronaldo.
3. A good center back that will partner W.Gallas when K.Toure goes for the cup of nations.
4. Keeper (which i think we already have right now.

That's all we need.
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Imani(f): 4:53pm On May 19, 2007
I actually think we need a new manager at some point, sooner rather than later, someone that is fierce and wants to win badly.

Yes, people say Fergie and Mourinho are arrogant but they are also passionate about winning, while Wenger can been seen as the 'cool' one, apart from abusing the officials grin

We need a winning mentality throughout the squad. For some reason, we seem to always fall short in the big games. We dont seem to have the kind of self belief teams like Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea have. Sometimes, these teams still win, even if they are playing badly. Niceness and just playing beautiful football doesn't win anyone any trophies.

In all words, we need to graduate from local champions and announce ourselves on the international stage. Like Chelsea (not thier manager), we can't be said to be a truly big club if we havent won the champion's league. We were so close, yet so far last year. The stage and scene was set for us to make history , but as i have come to realise with Arsenal, we have no staying power, and if we are leading 1-0, pray we score soon because before long, we would be pegged back and may even lose the match.

It is time  Wenger stopped being too economical, afterall, Chelsea and Man Utd have spent big money in order to win the league, even Liverpool paid big money for some players. With all the home grown talents and academies we have at the club, how many have come through? Even Ashley Cole, the last standing english guy that came through the youth academies obviously stopped believing in the club and Chelsea could offer higher wages. To win big things, we must spend big money. There is no point having a wonderful stadium devoid of trophies!!!
Re: Wenger; What Next? by kattie(f): 7:38pm On May 19, 2007
Am also a gunner and Arsenal is a very good team.

If Wenger can sign in good players next season, then there's nothing that would stop us from winning the title, champions league and the FA cup
Re: Wenger; What Next? by masterpwar: 5:34pm On May 22, 2007
Things are really getting weird for Arsenal, Nobody Knows what will happen next, what is on Their fans minds are a BIG QUESTION MARK
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Akolawole(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2007
marlet01:

I strongly believe that wenger put us in this situation and is only him that can get us out.

Arsenal has been known for parading matured players that can win tournament and competitions, at least Wenger came to Arsenal to meet some matured players like Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Ray Parlour and some host of others, Even the arrival of Wenger he still had some matured players in his bidding like i said earlier so am so suprised where he got this mentality of building a team?

You can only build a team in terms of country level not club.
He really needs to get into the transfer market and get world class players and stop all this "Building of a team mentality" we don't need speculations on who we will sign and who we will not, we need people that can move the team ahead.

What a good observation!
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Akolawole(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2007
Imani:

I actually think we need a new manager at some point, sooner rather than later, someone that is fierce and wants to win badly.

Yes, people say Fergie and Mourinho are arrogant but they are also passionate about winning, while Wenger can been seen as the 'cool' one, apart from abusing the officials grin

We need a winning mentality throughout the squad. For some reason, we seem to always fall short in the big games. We don't seem to have the kind of self belief teams like Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea have. Sometimes, these teams still win, even if they are playing badly. [size=13pt]Niceness and just playing beautiful football doesn't win anyone any trophies.

[/size]

2) In all words, we need to graduate from local champions grin and announce ourselves on the international stage. Like Chelsea (not their manager) cry, we can't be said to be a truly big club if we havent won the champion's league. We were so close, yet so far last year. The stage and scene was set for us to make history , but as i have come to realise with Arsenal, we have no staying power, and if we are leading 1-0, pray we score soon because before long, we would be pegged back and may even lose the match.

It is time Wenger stopped being too economical, afterall, Chelsea and Man Utd have spent big money in order to win the league, even Liverpool paid big money for some players. With all the home grown talents and academies we have at the club, how many have come through? Even Ashley Cole, the last standing english guy that came through the youth academies obviously stopped believing in the club and Chelsea could offer higher wages.
[size=14pt]
3) To win big things, we must spend big money. There is no point having a wonderful stadium devoid of trophies!!!
[/size]
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Akolawole(m): 9:02pm On May 23, 2007
@Imani

I need to discuss something with you.

U still dey use that email?
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Imani(f): 9:11pm On May 23, 2007
Akolawole:

@Imani

I need to discuss something with you.

U still dey use that email?

Yep

If you dont mind i can buzz you on your yahoo messenger. But if you prefer, you can send an email.
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Akolawole(m): 9:34pm On May 23, 2007
@Imani

I am on Yahoo now
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Imani(f): 9:44pm On May 23, 2007
Akolawole:

@Imani

I am on Yahoo now

I have tried to buzz u but no reply,
Re: Wenger; What Next? by mukina2: 12:02am On May 24, 2007
the last time i checked this place was sports tongue grin

Akola you came back to cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Akolawole(m): 12:39am On May 24, 2007
@ Muki

Still Sports grin

Will remain Sports o grin grin
Re: Wenger; What Next? by kitaun(m): 7:54am On May 24, 2007
Hmmn . . .
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Akolawole(m): 12:25am On May 25, 2007
@Kitaun and Muki

" Get off our back, " grin

Haba!
Re: Wenger; What Next? by mystikal(m): 2:25am On May 25, 2007
i dont think arsenal needs a new manager like some of  u are insinuating, i agree he got us into this mess, but ONLY he can get us outta it.
believe me, this team has a lot of potentials, but of course its painful watching other teams win laurels at the expense of our inexperience!

we need a few experience in the team but not a complete overhaul, if that bendter guy is coming back from b'ham(loan) i dont think we need spend on another striker, a central defender is needed, a world class replacement 4 hleb's position too.!

i think arsenal is on course 2 being on of the most stable clubs economically in the world, it takes time, it takes sacrificing, it takes giving up things, takes patience, but the end result will be a beauty!
Re: Wenger; What Next? by mukina2: 12:51pm On May 25, 2007
Mystical cheesy
word!

@Akola
take it to date and meet up or to cheksli thread tongue grin
Re: Wenger; What Next? by Grizzly(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2007
But Arsenal have got baptista, wht do they need other strikers for? undecided grin

Wenger is too Shrewd when it comes to business.
He doesnt want to dole out the dough to get wht he wants
i think he believes in raising kids, smiley
Re: Wenger; What Next? by mukina2: 1:12pm On May 25, 2007
Grizzly:

But Arsenal have got[b] baptista[/b], wht do they need other strikers for?  undecided grin

Wenger is too Shrewd when it comes to business.
He doesnt want to dole out the dough to get wht he wants
i think he believes in raising kids,  smiley

ler maureen lips buy him . he's going tongue and thats that cool

he has what he wants, he just needs to add more to the team cheesy
Re: Wenger; What Next? by marlet01(m): 3:24pm On May 25, 2007
Like Gallas said, we need old legs maybe 3 or probably 4 to match up with the younger ones, "sorry slightly off topic" Looking at the Milan side that won the UCL, their age ranges were 30 above. The likes of F. Inzaghi, M. Oddo, Cafu, Maldini, Seedorf, Nesta, Dida, Gattuso and so on ad so forth yet it didn't hinder them from getting up to that point. am sure if this was Arsenal, none of 'em will still be @ the emirate

Some people according to Ancellotti told him that his team was too old and couldn't make an impact, but here they are crowned "King's of Europe".

I think what Wenger should do is to get experienced legs as Gallas has already suggested and stop all this young signings that can be good only for "Carling cup".

Can Senderos be good for the UCL
Can Djourou be good fo the UCL

Let him get into the market and get world class players that can move the team forward!
Re: Wenger; What Next? by loyika(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2007
First of all, Senderos was a key part of the defence that got us to the CL finals, with a record clean sheet haul, so that point is null and void.

Secondly, Gallas should just shut it and concentrate on doing his job and save his opinions to himself (who was guilty of Essien's goal at the Emirates you got it!! Billy Gallas tongue Case of Pot calling the Kettle black) tongue tongue

Thridly, Milan winning the CL was as a result of Benitez crappy selection and Tactics. Does anyone actually feel Milan would survive in the humdrum known as the EPL

Listen!! Yes we need to shore up on the defence, but Attack has been our main let down, if we could just convert half of the chances we create, then we would have no problems.

Do you all remember the game against Boro where we went down by 3 goals to 1 and still came back to win 5-3 or the Spurs rollacoaster ride of a game. The Arsenal of yore (Post G Graham) didn't bother alot about defence, cause we knew we could score goals and when you win a game by 3 to 4 goals, you didn't really bother if you let in 2 goals.

The problem is when you can't convert chances (like 2 bloody pens in the FA Cup game against Bolton, then you run the risk of conceding, like we did to take the game to extra time)

Yes we need another Centre back, but (that is only because Kolomental and Mofo are going to be missing in January when the ACN comes along) I would rather have us sign a striker in the Mold of Carlos "The Jackal" Tevez or Obagoal, and a Winger in the shape of Ribery or Ryan Babel, than sign a defender.

Our defenders are not that Bad, most of our conceded goals have come through Crazy Jens inability to find his Pre WC form again (He is a Legend, but he cost us some games with his mistakes and Bad decisions)

We need to get back to the Arsenal that could always score a goal, at any stage of the game, rather than the Present Arsenal that wait till the 90th minute to finish of the Scum at the Emirates. And a Fit RVP, TH14, Bendter, Adebayor, Walcott (if Wenger plays him in his prefered role, rather than on the bloody wings) goal getting Rosicky, and Cesc, and Shot improving Hleb, diaby and Eboue. With 1 or 2 additions should be able to do the trick.

Like i said, if we converted like half of the "CLEAR CUT" chances we create, we would be up there with anyone. We would be able to kill off smaller teams in the bottom half of the table, not dominate games possesion wise, then lose out to silly teams like Sheff United, Boro and the Evertons of this world (did i forget to mention the bloody Hammers tongue)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Wenger; What Next? by marlet01(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2007
@ Loyika

Remember we are going to loose Kolo and Eboue for the ACN, Eboue can be easily replaced by Hoyte but how about Kolo . Senderos is not a dependable player and can cause alot of errors at the back if put under severe pressure.

I think we still need a central defender to take the place of Kolo should he go for the nations cup.

SENDEROS
1. He is a player that can be easily dealt with by an experienced striker remember the FA Cup "Mc Carthy, Drogba etc.
2. Senderos cannot carry a teams resposiblities at the back eg Terry and Carvalho.
3. How many games did Senderos play in the 2005/2006 UCL or the 2006/2007 either?
4.What impact does Senderos have in our defence on most occasions.
5. How exposed has Senderos been as a defender?

A good defender needs to be exposed alot eg Maldini, Gallas, Terry, Nesta etc.

We shouldn't talk about Senderos being very good because really i see him as an "Under average" player.

Am ok with we signing a midfielder in the name of "Ribery" but i strongly want a signing of a centre back as well.

Well on the case of Jens Hmmmmmmmm grin , I reserve my word lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Loyika, we need a Centre back. we'll discuss that on YIM 2morow wink
Re: Wenger; What Next? by loyika(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2007
@ Marlet01

Like i sad (which you also highligted), the only reason we will need a CB is due to the ACN which will take Mofo and Kolomental away for like a month, but i still feel Senderos is good, who needs to step up is Gallas. Senderos is good in the Air (the only defender we have right now that can deal with crosses) and yes he might be clumsy at some times, but he is quite intelligent and shows a maturity beyond his age.

Here is a little info on the guy, from Wikipedia,

"Senderos had an extended run in the first team when Sol Campbell was unavailable due to injury in 2005, and after Campbell's return from injury, retained his place on the first team. Senderos started the 2005 FA Cup final against Manchester United; Arsenal eventually won the game on penalties.

A further series of injuries to Sol Campbell meant Senderos was able to forge a defensive partnership with Kolo Touré in the 2005–06 season. Senderos had an unimpressive start to the season, which included a nervous and error-strewn performance against London rivals and eventual league champions Chelsea, especially in one-on-one situations against Chelsea's Ivorian forward Didier Drogba. However, Senderos recovered to become a major force in the Arsenal's Champions League run which included a record-breaking run of ten clean sheets. He was injured however, for the final in Paris, which Arsenal lost 2–1 to FC Barcelona."

Notice the highlighted part. Yes drogs finds some luck against the guy (but then again Drogs finds luck against 90 percent of the Worlds defenders, which tells more of the class of Drogba, rather than the lack of Class of the defenders in question. I mean wasn't the famed Vidic and Ferdinand in the line up when Drogs scored that goal to give Chelsea the FA CUP )

I wouldn't mind a CB, but not at the expense of a World class Striker or Winger, I want the Arsenal that can hold out a game and draw if needs be, but more importantly i would love an Arsenal who; when ever they get the ball, make the defence of the opposition team gets scared sh@tless cause they know they will concede to our strikers. That is the Arsenal team i grew to know and love when Wenger came to save us from the Pragmatic boring Arsenal as we experienced under G Graham tongue Won titles but were a bleeping bore to watch tongue tongue

We are both saying the same thing, but not in the same priority/list of priorities.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Wenger; What Next? by A40(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2007
Dat guy needs to buy some mature players and stop making people think hes a paediophile
Re: Wenger; What Next? by chidichris(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2007
it is true that i used to be a fan of arsenal but i am still dying of my love for the club. if we want to tell ourselves the truth, wenger is yet to realise that english league has chnaged. he is a proud man, he wants to show the world what young side can do. even the young lads will soon begin to ask themselves some vital questions like, what have i achieved in football? what happened to people before us who committed the youth to this club?
i am afraid, he is not going to sign any big player this season because he is afraid of spending but arsenal is making money and is among the big clubs making big money from the business so how come u are not ready to spend to get more.
these young players will soon look back to see how vierra, edu, pires, campbell, lauren, kanu and other big names who made the club ended.
look at the smart henry, he used his senses on the man and he was giving a four year contract otherwise, he could have waited for him to be 30 and he will be giving him yearly contracts.
his problem is that he alsways want them cheap and if things continues this way, you will be surprise to see women in the squad since he wants to experiment.
the money is there, so let him psend get result or be ready to start loosing his fans if he continues with his good football, young side and free flow football as well as the most entertaining side in the world without a trophy.
Re: Wenger; What Next? by loyika(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2007
@ Chidi

Arsenal will not lose fans (except Nigerians grin grin) becuase of Wenger. Thats not how football works. Real Madrid have not won anything for a long time, but apart from Manchester United, they have the second highest football fanbase. (some would even argue that their fanbase surpasses the Scum).

The young players will not do such a thing, as they know that its because of Wengers trust in them that they are being given the platform to display their talents (maybe at the expense to other sections). Remember Chidi, Vieira was a lad when Wenger brought him in and turned him into a star, Thierry got his break from Arsene, first at Monaco, and when he didn't succeed at Juve, (which till this Day, Capello says is one of his major regrets in not recognising the kind of player Henry would turn out to be) gave him another chance at Arsenal to be the player we know today. The same can be said of Kanu, who many thought was finished, but look how he shined in England.

Just imagine the kind of players Cecs and Diaby will end up being shocked shocked

Well as you said, Wenger is proud and stubborn, but i guess even he knows the Balance of his team is not right. So i am sure he will get in someone (if its someone we would all love to see, remains to be the big question undecided)

Anyway Chidi, hope you return home, when we get back to winning ways grin grin

Which will be sooner than you think cool

cool GOONER 89

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! / FlyBarca: Neymar Vs Bale Vs Messi Vs Ronaldo, Who Was Better At 23? / How To Watch Live Football Match On Android-Best Stream Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.