Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? (3378 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. / When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by thweraja10: 8:49am On Oct 29, 2010
Every day we keep complaining but has it ever crossed your mind to pray for Nigeria like we always do when we encounter personal problems. Remember that we are all Nigerian. If we pray for this great nation its all coming back to us. Lets try and see if it doesnt work.

And thats the reason why most people are suffering cos the curses they have placed on Nigeria is coming back to them.

AND PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING. AND TAKE ACTION.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2010
the question is does nigeria know if i exist at all? A failed nation still crawling @50. angry
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by thweraja10: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2010
Can you see thats what we are talking about. If you call it failed, remember that you are part of it, so that means if we call it failed we are all failing
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by madoba: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
@ thweraja10

I feel you on this, and without being arrogant I can say that I often pray for Nigeria because deep down in my heart I know that nothing is beyond God and nothing is impossible for him.

Though there are times I honestly feel overwhelmed by the state of things in our country, and I wonder if we can ever grow and develop into a better nation. For as long as there is life and a living God there is hope.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by blacksta(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am not going to bother myself with that kind of thinking - Prayer requires action before one can see a result - but in the case of Nigeria action doesnt not exist hence prayer is a waste of time
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by jimjones: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
and your idea of action is prayer? name me just one nation that has prayed itself out of self-destruction or any other calamity for that matter. for over 50years, blithering idiots have been praying, and the bliddy country has gotten progressively worse. then a clueless chap like you shows up and requests further prayers.

when you go to your church or mosque or wherever the hell it is you worship that figment of your imagination, u can preach preach prayer there. on nairaland, try to be pragmatic.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by thweraja10: 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
I feel you on this, and without being arrogant I can say that I often pray for Nigeria because deep down in my heart I know that nothing is beyond God and nothing is impossible for him.

Though there are times I honestly feel overwhelmed by the state of things in our country, and I wonder if we can ever grow and develop into a better nation. For as long as there is life and a living God there is hope.

I just hope evryone can have this mentality
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by oludashmi(f): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
Pray for Nigeria but dont tell God what to do cos your wish may be keeping pple in bondage (you may be praying amiss). . . .just pray that God should have his way in the country.

It can be very frustrating to keep encouraging a 96yrs (1914) old man after 50yrs (1960) of leaving his parents to stand alone. If a fool at 40 is a fool forever, what then is a fool at 50?
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by 9icest: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
Sad sad sad. People arent responding to a REAL QUESTION which shows how selfish the average Nigerian is. And we complain about our leaders when we can offer our country something so GREAT, yet totally FREE.
Me, I dey pray O. I want to live long enough to see the birth of a new better and desired Nigeria. And I want to see a Nija Obama in my time.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by OvieE: 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2010
What is the reason why I should pray for Nigeria?
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by jeryl: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am sorry to bring this here, but i feel like i'm going to choke if i dont speak out against Zenith bank daylight robbery on its customers. I was pleaded to open an a/c with them and i finally opened a savings a/c. But to my greatest surprise, anytime i recive money into this a/c, they charge me a minimum of N200.00. The shocking thing is that they did not inform me neither did the alert they send to me display this. It was until i checked my previous balance from my present balance, that i noticed a difference. When i enquired, they told me that it is upcountry charge that i can get a waiver. But i feel so sad that this is going on in a co-operate environment without recourse to customers. I don't have any problem with banks' charges, but c'mom, this is the height of it. In this period of online real time banking. U charged me for recieving money that creates liquidity for you that you also use to trade in all forms of say Tbills, Bonds, FX, loan customers, then you charge me? On a savings a/c? Haba! Without even telling me?
Then i told my firend who also informed that he once did an a/c to a/c transfer within two Zenith Bank savings a/cs and was charged C.O.T as much as N6,000.00. That really got me crazy, 'cos i know that other banks i bank with, they have never charged me for transferring money from one a/c to another within same bank. Haba!!! what kind of co-operate robbery is this. He was not even informed until he finished the transactions and saw his balance. How can you charge someone for ;
1. saving the bank cost and time by not queueing up to withdraw, thereby putting the bank through the stress of counting and paying, and then queue up again to pay the money (count again and deposit).
2. By creating liquidity for the bank since the money is not leaving the bank, but still within the bank.

Please, as much as this might be the wrong forum and there will definitely be dissenting voices. I urge all who support this to start posting it everywhere possibvle- twitter, facebook, sahara reporters, any other social network site.
Pls dont stop.
This is not just against Zenith, but against any other bank that is doing this unethical thing. People should know their right and fight for it. I have never heard of this type before and it must stop. I learnt banks like UBA use to do same until they met a customer their match and they stopped. So we must stop Zenith and other such banks. There are many ways banks make money. Zenith have all sorts of charges, but this is definitely the height of it- stealing from unsuspecting Nigerians!PLEASE START POSTING. I AM ALSO CONSIDERING WRITING EFCC & CBN ON THIS
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by thweraja10: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
God bless you as you continue to pray for Naija
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Youngichou(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
pray my foot
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by shevalync: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
madoba:

@ thweraja10

That's y we still where we are, we always expect God do what we are suppose to do. Miracle only happens in the life a nation when there is determination and sensible political actions. even though we pray from now till eternity nothing is going to change if the right things are left undone.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Mudley313: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
thweraja10:

God bless you as you continue to pray for Naija

this is exactly what is wrong with nigeria today. there's a church in every corner in nigeria binding, casting and praying their voice hoax to imaginary entities but things continue to get worse cos actions speaks far louder than yelling in vain to an imaginary jewish friend up in the sky to come and save your lazy behind

[center][/center]
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by SSaemoenl(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2010
No amount of prayer will save Nigeria. We individuals knows our people. Come to that, American, Are they more prayerful to Nigerians? lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by newdeal(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am part of the Nigeria Pray project here and the phrase above have been my signature since then, am glad the consciousness is spreading. I

I use to be of the opinion that praying for a country like Nigeria where most of us deliberately chose the wrong and selfish ways of doing things most times  is like pouring water into a basket and expecting it to store the water. But now I know better. The amount of time we spend bashing our country in various facets can be better deployed not just praying for, but taking positive actions wherever we find ourselves, no matter how little, to improve our collective lot.

Believe it or not, all that we can see [tangible and intangible] originated from a realm we cannot see, and prayer, in its various modes and formats grants access to that realm,  even the forces of evil know this truth and are very adept at manipulating it. Some results of our prayers might be slow in coming, some might come in tiny bits and pieces, and some might not even  come in our lifetime, but prayer is never an idle exercise!
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2010
no amount of prayer can transform naija. we know our problems and we have refused to confront them even as it is stirring us in the face. no amount of re-branding can work. first and foremost we need attitudinal change towards certain issues.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
Yes I do everyday, i will continue till our bad turn to good,good to better and better to best in Jesus name.

May God bless NIGERIA.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by tit(f): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2010
to paraphrase:

prayer without works is dead.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by hackney(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
I stopped praying for nigeria a long long time ago.

All the prayers being fired by the billions of fellowships nko?
That goes to show you the size of the problem.
In fact nigeria is a problem to the earth.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by gbengress1: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
I have been praying 4 Nigeria since all these days and God has been answering my prayer.Our GDP kept on improving everyday,banking sector kept on improving,mineral resources revenue kept on increasing and what have u,u may think of.Unfortunately,dis improvement in the economy only provide opportunity 4d privileged few to loot the available funds.The more my prayer,the more the prosperity of Nigerian's economy also d more d looting opportunity by the privileged few.The rich are becoming richer and d poor becoming poorer,so why did i need to pray 4 Nigeria
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by aparata: 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2010
i thank u most hgh for this great nation naija.May u countinue to bless and prosper us and keep us in unity in jesus name i pray
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by newdeal(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
for all those who are of the opinion that we have so many churches and so many men of God conducting so many prayer programs,
yet the country has not not improved.

Have you also taken time to consider this other option;

that things would have been worse if not for the prayers of well-meaning Nigerians and friends of Nigeria?
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by T9ksy(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
Yes I did, for its eventual disintegration!!!

And judging by the series of events in the past few weeks, i believe the God/Allah/Oludumare is about to actualise
my prayers.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by banom(m): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Topic,

For waiting ?
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by awa17(f): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
There's hope for this country. God will do what He pleases with or without your prayers. Most times things really have to get bad to get good. Ill keep praying 4 His will in this country. GOD BLESS NIGERIA  cheesy, THERE IS HOPE!
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by welovethee(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
I observed some time ago that complaining about the state of
things this nation does not change anything. But strangely, I discovered
that when I joined in the prayers of the Naija @50 to pray genuinely
for this nation, a great sense of hope and solidarity sprang up within me.

I believe Naija can move faster than we'll ever imagine if we can work every day
with a sense of love and hope for this nation.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by SAKUR: 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Millions of people are already praying and fasting for Nigeria, as for me count me out. Goodluck to you all
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by juman(m): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
Definitely yes: I do pray. May God break up Nigeria. May God release the masses from the hands of these selfish and useless leaders. May God disintegrate Nigeria. May God help yoruba people achieve our dream of having our own country. No to Nigeria Yes to ODUA nation. By God grace. Ameen.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Mobinga: 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2010
Have you prayed for a dead person to come back to life?
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by banom(m): 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
Mobinga:

Have you prayed for a dead person to come back to life?

Sorry ooo, is Nigeria dead ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“ Love Your Neighbour” And Martian’s Antithesis / Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq / Opinion: Fixed Deposit Account Islam, Halal Or Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.