Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow (2897 Views)

My Cafe Needs Help. / Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe / How To Monitor A Wireless Laptop Connected To My Cafe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by mukthar(m): 8:44pm On May 17, 2007
cool
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by ogogoro: 5:51am On May 18, 2007
There's a piece of software which claims to increase internet speed. It's called Onspeed. www.onspeed.com
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by donmayor(m): 12:07pm On May 18, 2007
Since u know ur boss uses 60 change it to 10.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by DisGuy: 6:16pm On May 19, 2007
Tel your boss he is losing customer! he should use the cafe since it is in the same compound, he can make a separate office in the cafe
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by somto13: 6:54pm On May 19, 2007
tell ur boss if he does not want to lose his cafe that he has to put more kb so customers can be happy. If he does not do this, customers will look for better access to internet at another cafe.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by saints2(f): 6:57pm On May 19, 2007
somto13:

tell your boss if he does not want to lose his cafe that he has to put more kb so customers can be happy. If he does not do this, customers will look for better access to internet at another cafe.

I think thats the ulimate point here,is either he browse i the evening time when all customers are gone or he uses the cafe.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by akara(m): 7:05pm On May 19, 2007
The typical Nigerian businessmen, me me me. Now I know why I have to wait 5 minutes for a page to load when using a cafe in Nigeria.
They probably share the speed out to the wives and girl friends as well.

When the business fails, they begin to look for a non exisiting witch in the village who is after their progress.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by marlet01(m): 7:27pm On May 19, 2007
@ Mukthar

Do you have anything or have you heard anything like deep freeze? Tell your boss to install it into your system, i don't think it is because he partitioned it that gave rise to the slowness.

Just tell him to increase the memory of your systems, install deep freeze and also download the latest version of mozilla firefox and opera mail.

If possible get a Router for your cafe if he hasn't any.

Goodluck.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by heatwave(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2007
did your boss get the internet for the cafe or his own use i dont tink he is ready to do biz. yet since he has more personal needs on th net than wat he has for his customers.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by anusule(m): 11:47pm On May 19, 2007
maybe he is addicted to nairaland, thats why he has one at home. undecided smiley
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by Christino(m): 1:36am On May 20, 2007
Your boss should take even more for himself! Nigerians are good at creating a hole in the wall even when you press them to it (they'll manage). Yes! Next time yahoo boys demand for their money ask them if they can handle OBJ grin
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by WesleyanA(f): 3:16am On May 20, 2007
i get free internet sometimes . I don't know but i'm guessing someone has a wireless connection close to me. tongue that's cool 'cause it's a reallllllly speedy connection too.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by pmdaboh(f): 3:58am On May 20, 2007
It seems as though your boss is not really an Enterpreneur, for if he were, he would strive to make his customers happy and satisfied, so they will come back over and over again. I would not change anything, for it is "his" business (not yours). Evidentally, he knows what he is doing, and he likes it that way.

What I would do is talk to him about the many complaints you receive due to how slowly the internet is running. If he seems as though he does not care or will not change his behavior, than I would seek other employment. Surely, that cafe cannot stay open too much longer with dissatisfied customers.

Best wishes!
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by awoof(m): 6:42am On May 20, 2007
akara:

The typical Nigerian businessmen, me me me. Now I know why I have to wait 5 minutes for a page to load when using a cafe in Nigeria.
They probably share the speed out to the wives and girl friends as well.

When the business fails, they begin to look for a non exisiting witch in the village who is after their progress.
or blame obj as usual grin grin grin
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by awoof(m): 6:46am On May 20, 2007
It seems as though your boss is not really an Enterpreneur, for if he were, he would strive to make his customers happy and satisfied, so they will come back over and over again. I would not change anything, for it is "his" business (not yours). Evidentally, he knows what he is doing, and he likes it that way.

haaaa don't forget the guy is concerned about his minimum wage o cheesy
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by holyghost(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2007
Hi mukthar
your case is simple let me know
1 ur location address
2 the class of bandwith(e.g 128kbs/64kbs) and how many computers is on it
3 the name of ur ISP you are currently using

and i will do the magic
call 080 34 73 2323 or mail samholyghost@gmail.com
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by trendy(f): 2:37pm On May 21, 2007
your boss is an asshole, he does not care about his customers
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by abdulg: 11:14am On May 22, 2007
Hi Mukthar!

[b]Ur systtem may be surferring from spyware, virus etc. U need good antivirus, anti spy registered[/b]
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by anusule(m): 9:40pm On May 22, 2007
WesleyanA:

i get free internet sometimes . I don't know but i'm guessing someone has a wireless connection close to me. tongue that's cool 'cause it's a reallllllly speedy connection too.

ha! dont get caught o! its a crime
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by WesleyanA(f): 11:29pm On May 22, 2007
how do they find out?
It's so weird. I have no clue where the signal is coming (the library i know that has it is half a mile from my house and i doubt it's coming from there) but the connection is very good.
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by tasiana(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2007
Tell ur boss wat his action is causing and that u re loosing customers.
Advice him to get a seprate network for his personal use e.g fixed wirless or wi-max networks and they aint too expensive if its just bandwidth for home use.

check out www.directonpc.com for such wi-max and fixed wireless networks or www.galaxy-networks.com
Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by sahaya: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2012
Increase Your Internet Speed By Other Tricks

1: go to ur desktop
2: right click on "My computer"
3: den select "properties"
4: den click on "HARDWARE" tab
5: den click "Device manager"
6: now u see a new window(Device manager window)
7: look down now u can see "Ports(COM & LPT)" ...click on it
8:den double click on "Communication Ports"
9: after open u can see a "Communication Port properties"..
10: now go the "Port Setting"
11: and now change ur "Bits per second" to "128000".
12: and "Flow control" change 2 "Hardware".
now check your connection speed here Ip-Details.com

1 Like

Re: My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow by gabon(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2012
VERY CHEAP and VERY FAST internet service for cyber cafe and office.

Pay as low N8,000 for monthly subscription for up 8 or 10 computers.

Very fast download; as fast as downloading 100MB file in 10minutes without affecting the speed of other user on the same network with you.

Cheap and user friendly modem.

No rain interference or weather disturbance.

For more equiries

call 07035588336 or 08071753363
email: gaboninfotech@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD CHEAP GAMING LENOVO Y530-15ICH 16gig ram 4gig dedicated Nvidia / Use AirCard on your Desktop Computer. / My Latest Build Gets Featured On The Worlds Most Popular PC Hardware Site, PCPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.