Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,275 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP (18634 Views)

Anyim-Ganduje Meeting: PDP Faces More Upset As Defection Looms / Trouble In PDP: Mass Defection Looms After Tribunal Verdict / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
There are indications that all may not be well in the camp of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Kogi State, following an impending mass defection from the opposition party.

The dust raised by the primary election that produced Engr Musa Wada is yet to settle as more PDP chieftains in the state have expressed their willingness to either defect to the opposition APC or stay within PDP and work against the party.

A PDP chieftain from Kogi West told our correspondent that all is not well with the party, just as he said the controversy that trailed the primary election may have ruined the chances of the party to return to power soon.

According to the chieftain who does not want his name in print because, PDP may have turned the November 16 election to a no contest for the incumbent governor, Yahaya Bello.

SEARCH
Leadership News
Leadership Nigeria Newspaper

COVER STORIESKogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDPPublished 14 hours ago on September 16, 2019 By Sam Egwu

pdp flags
Zenith Account Opening

There are indications that all may not be well in the camp of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Kogi State, following an impending mass defection from the opposition party.

The dust raised by the primary election that produced Engr Musa Wada is yet to settle as more PDP chieftains in the state have expressed their willingness to either defect to the opposition APC or stay within PDP and work against the party.

A PDP chieftain from Kogi West told our correspondent that all is not well with the party, just as he said the controversy that trailed the primary election may have ruined the chances of the party to return to power soon.

According to the chieftain who does not want his name in print because, PDP may have turned the November 16 election to a no contest for the incumbent governor, Yahaya Bello.

He said, “One of the founding fathers of the party in PDP and a former acting governor in the State, Hon. Clarence Olafemi is already gone. In Kogi politics, the fear of the likes of Olafemi is the beginning of wisdom. He was a former Minority Leader if the State Assembly; a former Speaker of the State House of Assembly and a former Acting Governor. For him to openly declare for Bello, it means the PDP is just waiting to collapse completely.

“Alh. Ibrahim Idris is our leader in Kogi State. He was Governor for 9 years and also brought Capt. Idris Wada. The way and manner his son, Abu Ibro was treated during the primary was unfair and an insult on our leader. There is no way PDP can be the same again.

To add to the insults, Sam Aro was made the running mate to a greenhorn. Sam Aro was a former House of Reps members who has lost his last two elections. He is no more a force in Yagba politics. Hon Sunday Karimi is more on ground in Yagba.

“The cream of people behind Abu Ibro are the real PDP people. And right now, they have made up their mind to work against Engr Musa Wada”.

Confirming this, the former acting governor, Clarence Olafemi, said yesterday that his visit at the weekend to Governor Bello was because of impunity in PDP and that he may be dumping the PDP for APC soon.

Speaking at his residence in Lokoja on Sunday, Olafemi noted that PDP has cheated on him several times and he cannot continue to stay in the party.

He noted: “I am one of the strong members of PDP in the state, yet the National Working Committee of the party failed to recognise my input and effort for the party. I was the running mate to Jubril Isah in 2015 governorship primary election of the party but we were later replaced by the party and brought in Captain Idris Wada and Yomi Awoniyi as running mate without any reason.”

“In 2019 general election, I was one of the Senatorial aspirants from Kogi west, I was denied from contesting as the party imposed Senator Dino Melaye who just decamped from APC back to PDP.

“My governorship aspirant in the just concluded primary of the party, Alhaji Abubakar Ibrahim Idris, was denied of the Governorship ticket of the party by some power to be in the party and gave victory to Engr. Musa Wada because they hate Alhaji Ibrahim Idris the former governor of the state. With all these impunities how do you expect me to continue staying in PDP? I’m not the first person to decamp from one party to another.”

“President Mohammadu Buhari and my mentor Alhaji Abubakar Atiku all decamped from one party to another. Am not going to be the first or the last. I had a fruitful discussion with Governor Yahaya Bello and am very satisfied with the outcome of our meeting.”

Olafemi who was also former speaker Kogi state House of Assembly noted that he will follow due process when he is going to decamp from PDP to APC stressing that he will do it openly and very soon.

Also, shortly after the primary, Engr Wada made moves to reconcile the party, with a visit to Sen Dino Melaye and it was thought to be all peace until Dino Melaye rejected his appointment to head the campaign as Director General.

Sen. Melaye made some disparaging remarks to announce his rejection of the appointment, despite being visited by the National Chairman of the party, predicting a chaotic future for the party.

In Kogi East, virtually all the PDP leaders in the camp of Ibrahim Idris have moved to the APC.

Also, a source close to the candidate of the PDP candidate told our reporter in confidence that the candidate is under pressure from his creditors even as he scouts for funds to prosecute the election.

He said, “I must confess to you that the only hope we have is if Alh. Ibrahim Idris will forgive us and support Engr Wada. Suleiman Idris did his best for us to defeat his brother, Abu Ibro during the primary. But I am aware funds were borrowed to execute the primary.

“Strategically, we targeted the primary election and didn’t bother to visit everywhere in the buildup to the primary. Now, those creditors are making life difficult for us by demanding for their money as things look tight for us.

“Capt Idris Wada has shown great spirit of sportsmanship but he can’t match that with funds. He couldn’t even fund his primary properly. So the only hope we have now is to persuade Alhaji Ibro to support us”.

http://leadership.ng/2019/09/16/kogi-govship-mass-defection-looms-in-pdp/

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Sometimes we get what we deserve....
There are two worst governors in Nigeria, one is in Umuahia and the other is currently seeking re election in Kogi State.
This goes beyond APC and PDP, Yahaya Bello does not deserve a second tenure.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by omenka(m): 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
Not a fan of Bello since I dislike Ortom. That said, I dont like pdp either.

I wish the people of Kogi state what they wish themselves.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by omenka(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
ovadozes:
There are two worst governors in Nigeria, one is in Umuahia and the other is currently seeking re election in Kogi State.
How could you mention these two as the worst? You've probably never heard about some guy called Samuel Ortom. He is the SI Unit of FAILURE!

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
omenka:
Not a fan of Bello since I dislike Ortom. That said, I dont like pdp either.

I wish the people of Kogi state what they wish themselves.

Is not better Bello finishes his tenure than hand over to another Useless person who is going elevate the foolishness for another 8 years since the people are not ready to look beyond the two failed parties?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
MyMouth
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by omenka(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Is not better Bello finishes his tenure than hand over to another Useless person who is going elevate the foolishness for another 8 years since the people are not ready to look beyond the two failed parties?

My sister, what can I say? The people of Kogi state have their destiny in their hands. Make dem choose wisely sha. wink

1 Like

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
omenka:
My sister, what can I say? The people of Kogi state have their destiny in their hands. Make dem choose wisely sha. wink

Abi o. My own na anything that will pepper IPoB pigs, I am in. Yes!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Caseless: 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

bello should be punished for poor performance. Don't reinforce failure. I support the PDP candidate since there's no other party to give bello a fight.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
Caseless:
bello should be punished for poor performance. Don't reinforce failure. I support the PDP candidate since there's no other party to give bello a fight.

Who punished Otorm and Ikpeazu?

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 12:47am On Sep 17, 2019
I am here to cure your craze. useless being with fake news

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by DIKEnaWAR: 1:45am On Sep 17, 2019
So people still think of laundering Bello's image and voting him?

I thought by now, people would be able to tell him to forget his ambition and rest with what he has stolen. Nigerians don't fail to Suprise me sha. Kogi people should not complain if they can't troop out to vote out Bello.

8 Likes

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Validated: 2:47am On Sep 17, 2019
Bello never won any elections. He lost primaries and was rewarded with the elections won by Audu. He cannot be elected now because he is not only a misfit, he is also a failure. If he likes let him borrow another 50b to pay salary advsnce to Kogi workers, he is not returning. Buhari cannot save him because even Buhari is on a survival mode now. The end of their tunures are at hand. If you like argue with your prophets

1 Like

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by buhariguy(m): 3:39am On Sep 17, 2019
ovadozes:
replace yahaya bello with thief ortom

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by buhariguy(m): 3:49am On Sep 17, 2019
Caseless:
and musa wada wil not use the state money to pay back his debt, he can even be worst than former gov idris wada. You know is not easy for bello to pick up from idris wada failure, the same way it was not easy for buhari to pick up from the 16yrs of pdp failure. Hence, bello should be given second chance

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by iCauseTrouble: 4:37am On Sep 17, 2019
embarassed
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by wwwihy: 4:40am On Sep 17, 2019
ovadozes:
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by vicfajeze: 4:41am On Sep 17, 2019
OYA NOW
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by DWJOBScom(m): 4:42am On Sep 17, 2019
All newspapers are doing what their paymasters tell them. Write against the opposition!

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by contigiency(m): 4:45am On Sep 17, 2019
It's just a pity in Nigerian politics. Nobody stays and builds on ideology anymore.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by BlueRayDick: 4:47am On Sep 17, 2019
Are these people mad? So they all can't set aside selfish interest and wrest power out of the hands of that stupid man that has institutionalize poverty in Kogi state? So they are resorting to bickering and internal squabbles that will allow him get a second term and leave the people for dead.

If this news is true, then this is an indication that those people don't have the people's interest at heart. I mean they've always cried out in papers how Bello has refused to pay workers, isn't doing any tangible thing to take the people away from the poverty line, but now they have a chance to make a change in the narrative and the only thing they are thinking about is how so called party leader's son was treated unfairly, how they don't like the party flag bearer, etc. Smh.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by twnklshop: 4:49am On Sep 17, 2019
Why can't Nigerian politicians stay in one political party for years make us know what they stand for and win elections eventually?

How many Nigerian politicians have been in the same political party since 1999?

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by stonemasonn: 4:52am On Sep 17, 2019
buhariguy:
and musa wada wil not use the state money to pay back his debt, he can even be worst than former gov idris wada. You know is not easy for bello to pick up from idris wada failure, the same way it was not easy for buhari to pick up from the 16yrs of pdp failure. Hence, bello should be given second chance
there's nothing like 16yrs of pdp failure, it's all propaganda

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by anonimi: 4:52am On Sep 17, 2019
ovadozes:

Did barawo bubu deserve a second tenure?
Bello will use the same trick book barawo bubu used and get back to the state house for another four years of looting, suffering and gnashing of teeth by the people of Kogi.
Their cross to carry.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by martowskin1(m): 4:54am On Sep 17, 2019
ovadozes:

His people deserve him, the party that was supposed to give and him a strong run are there looking for personal interest..

If they have the interest of the state at heart, they should know bello have no biz in govt house for 2nd tenure.

But we live in a country where their stomach is more important than the people..

Politicians are just useless, in as much it didn't favour them, they will keep running from post to post
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by martowskin1(m): 4:57am On Sep 17, 2019
buhariguy:

The only country where citizens give their leaders reason for failing...

Finally Nigeria got what they deserve ...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Obaseki For Emerging Victorious In Edo Election / Osun Decides: Adeleke Arrives Polling Unit As Accreditation Of Voters Begin / Masquerades Campaign For Tinubu During Traditional Carnival In Warri (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.