Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. (922 Views)

I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? / Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by inlove2(f): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2010
Hi all,

Im new to this forum but have gotten a lot of advice in the recent past. Now I have a question to ask.

A Nigerian friend of mine introduced me to his cousin (who lives in Naja) on facebook and we have really hit it off. We facebook, email, bbm and talk on the phone everyday for about 3 months and have fallen in love with eachother. My friend is traveling to Nigeria next month (November) and asked me to come with him since I have always loved the culture, so of course I said yes! We will be there for 3 weeks and I finally get to meet this amazing man that I fell in love with. They both have said that I will be taken care of and wont have to worry about anything.

My boyfriend and I have talked about marriage and are planning on getting engaged while I'm there and as I live in the US, naturally i want him to come live in my country. He has no problem with us living in Nigeria, but him moving to the US was my idea. So when I get back I will file for him to get a fiancee visa! Please dont get me wrong, I have heard of the horror stories and am well aware but it is NOT like that with us. I am 32 and he is 30.

I have a few questions:

1. How much money will be enough to have a good time (even though he said he will take care of me, I believe in having my own money) and buy enough things to bring back to my family and friends?
2. Is it better to get engaged or married while I am there?
3. What are some good places to see? I know wwe will be going to Victoria Island, but what else is there to see?

Thank you in advance!
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by Odunnu: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2010
I wish you luck,you really need it.
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by atampakoeg(f): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2010
Look, its not easy to file for someone like that. I know over 5million (LOL) people who came to Naija with the mind of getting married, go back to America, and file for their spouse, but up till now, 24 years after, are still separated, no papers, no travel to America, both on their own, foking who they like while engaged or even married.

Do yin want to join this bandwagon?
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by inlove2(f): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2010
So what do I need to do to ensure he can come here? We really want to be together!
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by inlove2(f): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2010
Would he have a better chance on coming to the US if we get married in Naja or engaged? I dont thing I could bare not seeing him for that long. We figured getting engaged in his country so his family could be apart of it then getting married here so may family can be apart! Im really worried and confused now. PLEASE HELP!
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by atampakoeg(f): 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2010
Poster

Be careful - nobody likes long distance relationships. Do you?

There is no guarantee of a settlement visa after engagement or even marriage.
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by inlove2(f): 11:20pm On Oct 30, 2010
Ok, lol thanks! So how much money should I bring for 3 weeks?
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by atampakoeg(f): 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2010
Which town will yin be?
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by inlove2(f): 12:27am On Oct 31, 2010
I will be in Lagos.
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by atampakoeg(f): 12:30am On Oct 31, 2010
Where will yin be staying? Hotel?
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by tpia5: 6:28am On Oct 31, 2010
all this from facebook, hunh.

who are the people knocking facebook here.
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by darkman200: 6:38am On Oct 31, 2010
@OP Good luck on your trip, Keep an open mind as things may or may not work out as you expected. Go with as much money as you can afford for a 3 week vacation. Have fun!
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by AceJam: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2010
grin grin Luv nwantiti grin grin
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by semid4lyfe(m): 1:51am On Nov 01, 2010
Peeps into the thread and leaves humming maga don pay, shout hallelluyah grin
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2010
inlove2:

Hi all,

Im new to this forum but have gotten a lot of advice in the recent past. Now I have a question to ask.

A Nigerian friend of mine introduced me to his cousin (who lives in Naja) on facebook and we have really hit it off. We facebook, email, bbm and talk on the phone everyday for about 3 months and have fallen in love with eachother. My friend is traveling to Nigeria next month (November) and asked me to come with him since I have always loved the culture, so of course I said yes! We will be there for 3 weeks and I finally get to meet this amazing man that I fell in love with. They both have said that I will be taken care of and wont have to worry about anything.

My boyfriend and I have talked about marriage and are planning on getting engaged while I'm there and as I live in the US, naturally i want him to come live in my country. He has no problem with us living in Nigeria, but him moving to the US was my idea. So when I get back I will file for him to get a fiancee visa! Please dont get me wrong, I have heard of the horror stories and am well aware but it is NOT like that with us. I am 32 and he is 30.

I have a few questions:

Thank you in advance!

This is nice, I wish you the best!

1. How much money will be enough to have a good time (even though he said he will take care of me, I believe in having my own money) and buy enough things to bring back to my family and friends?

This clearly should depend on your means. I wouldn't however encourage over-spending! You should be careful how you spend money so as not to give people around the impression of extravargance. Also, Nigerians have a way of 'leeching' once the think you can afford it. So just be as frugal as possible.

2. Is it better to get engaged or married while I am there?

Seeing as this is the first time you'll be meeting him in person, I'll suggest you get engaged first . . . Since you plane to start processing for a Fiance's visa, you will have to make a committment. But marriage is not a good idea!

3. What are some good places to see? I know wwe will be going to Victoria Island, but what else is there to see?

I dont live in Lagos and I really don't know what you are into . . but I'll suggest the Galleria (Silverbird), the beach and some nightclubs (Can't remember the name of the one I went to). Also you bf should be in a betetr position to suggest nice places for you guys to hang out! cool

And then finally . . . be careful! People are not usually what the appear to be on-line. Trust me, I've seen enough drama on NL to know! cool cool
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by inlove2(f): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2010
Thank you to all of you who have replied to my post!

Even the guy with the negative comment:
semid4lyfe:

Peeps into the thread and leaves humming maga don pay, shout hallelluyah grin

Yes I am American but I have tons of Nigerian friends and I dont appriciate your negative hinting at our relationship with reference to this song! Its a disgrace and gives an already tarnished image of Nigerians, even more negativity. Our relationship is genuine and real! This is no green card or scam thing, we are truly in love! As I stated, he prefers to stay in Nigeria as he loves his country and is very well off! It was my idea for us to live in the US. And another thing, I am an african american woman, not white, lol and he is the one who sends me money so I can buy something nice for myself and sends me gifts! Know what your talking about next time before you decide to "peep in" and leave a rude comment.

To everyone else, thank you so much for your comments, I will definitley take what all of you had to say into consideration!

I am very aware of all the scam marriages and 419 scams going on and was honestly hesitant to start talking to him until his cousin (my best friend) ensured me that he was not like that!
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by DECOtech(m): 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls go ahead n catch some fun!
Re: Traveling With A Friend To Naja In November For 3 Weeks To Meet My Boyfriend. by DECOtech(m): 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
semid4lyfe: Peeps into the thread and leaves humming maga don pay, shout hallelluyah grin
Na wah for you oh! Which kind song be that nah?

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Feel To Have Your Bath With Your Sweet Heart Always? / He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years / Why Is It Not Happening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.