Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again (8652 Views)

Adding Hibernate Option In Windows 10 Start Menu / My Start Menu And Taskbar Won't Work! Arrrghhh! / I Couldn't Find "run" On My Start Menu, Why Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by froggie(m): 1:10am On May 18, 2007
Please i need help from you guys shocked shocked shocked , i can't find my the run on my start menu again , and there's something else too, whenever i check my system information, there always the image of a rose flower(indicating manufactured by my [/colo[color=#990000]r]rose) that displays alongside the information, it looks weird to me undecided undecided lipsrsealed.

This is being displayed as the support infomation: sad

Mohon maaf jika sedikit menggangu !!
'Rose' Ada di sini bukan untuk merusak !!
'Rose' Ada karena 'Cinta'.
Sedikit Pesan :
'Jika ingin dicinta, mencintalah
dan jadilah orang yang pantas dicinta'
=======================================
#OrangeBlue#

Whenever i connect my system to the network, it affects other systems on the network so i always have to unplug my system to enable other systems to browse very well. undecided

Please any help that'll work will be appreciated. cool

Thanks.
God Bless. grin
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by Wilfem(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2007
Your system has been infected with a virus (though I've forgotten it's name) and it disables the "run" and as well as the "Task manager" on your PC, it also attacks some registry files too. You can confirm this by trying to open the task manager with the Alt + Ctrl + Delete, it'll inform you that "the task manager has been disabled.
So what I'll just advise you is to get a powerful Antivirus like Symantec or Kaspersky installed on your Pc and as well make sure you update it.
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by aadewale(m): 12:15pm On May 19, 2007
Hi,

Am sure that is a virus. Once had it here on my network. Can't remember the exact way it was resolved. but i remembered asking google. I actually got the solution from google.

The virus disables some things from your registry and you might need to cancel them.

good luck.
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by gbolex(m): 7:41pm On May 19, 2007
You can get a good antivirus to scan the system, but the system will not be in its best performance again. The best solution is to format your HDD
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by anusule(m): 12:10am On May 20, 2007
its a big boy virus. smiley it has happened to my laptop before, i just had to format it and re-install genuine
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by yoddy(m): 8:50pm On May 23, 2007
Its probably a variation of d brontok virus, Search on d net for a program called a brontok washer, run it, it clears the virus then run avg antivirus, You should be okay after that
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by Shotokan(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2007
Quite a problem. But,

Assuming you are on Windows XP, what you need to do is to install a third party system utility that will give you access to the Run Window. You can try HijackThis from TrendSecure. The direct dl link is:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HiJackThis_v2.exe

Its a pretty small file (about 1.3mb), so it shouldn't take long to download. Run the program by double-clicking its icon. You'll need to accept the license agreement before you can begin to use it. On the Main Menu of the program, click the "Open the Misc Tools section" button. This will allow you to choose from a number of system utilities including the Process Manager (Basically the Windows Task Manager). You will also notice the "Run, " button. Click it to activate the Run Window.

Now, to add the "Run, " command to the Start Menu, type the following line into the Run Window (I suggest you copy and paste it):

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /v NoRun /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

You'll need to log off and relogin to your PC. This should bring back the Run Window.
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by froggie(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2007
Thanks man, i appreciate ur help, i'll check out that right away cool cool cool
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by froggie(m): 8:06pm On May 25, 2007
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by mobutu(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2007
Froggie ur computer is not infected wiff any virus, what us need to find ur run command is simple, press ur windows button on keyboard, windows button +R . run dialogue box will appear. simple, if it works let me knw
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by froggie(m): 1:31am On May 28, 2007
It working well, thats the windows R command, so what is the next move?
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by kdships(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2007
Backup your data then format and reinstall a new OS or simply format without backing-up before the re-installation.

That's if the files are very important to you. When backing up use a Cd burner like Nero or Roxio and make sure you don't copy a folder to the burner. You must copy only files to the burner one after the other or else if there is any virus you might just pick that up too. Your OS should allow you to view file extensions just in case a virus tries to play pranks with you.
This should work without having to backup a virus along with your files. But if the virus had already infected any one of your files then you're in trouble. Backup will not help in that case because you'll definitely backup a virus too.

So, looking at this critically, you might as well format without backing-up.
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by lekzy007(m): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2007
Its probably a virus name brontok or jingling game virus,in most case it will start duplicating your files.Search on d net for a program called a brontok washer, run it, it clears the virus then run avg antivirus, You should be okay after that
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by froggie(m): 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2007
i have used that before, but all efforts to remove em proved abortive.

Thanks cool
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by hayprof(m): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2007
@ lexy, u r rite there o.
i found a file named Jingling game & folder named It University in one of my documents, since then i av been noticing some changes on my pc.
like i cant access Task Manager, cant change d IE home page etc,
mayb i shukd try d brontok washer.
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by froggie(m): 7:46am On Jun 05, 2007
yea, i think u should give it a try.
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by abdulg: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2007
Hi guys,
I realy respect this forum and is chalenging. It happen to me some time agoand i have resolved it.  It is not Virus problem  But u delete some files  from the windows which are uatorun?
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by MsEbz(f): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2007
I'm having the same issues, I can't see run or my turn off the computer icon on my startup menu and when I ctrl+alt+del it says it's restricted or something but I'm the admin and bitdefender doesn't read any viruses.
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by hayprof(m): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2007
Get a Better AntiVirus -Kaspersky cool
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by Spiceyblue: 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2007
you got trojan virus, download this trojan remover from http://www.simplysup.co
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by anusule(m): 1:24am On Nov 16, 2007
virus!
Re: Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again by mmonwuba(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2007
they have got a virus!!! get a strong anti virus. how come nobody is talking about mcafee with their new improvements?

(1) (Reply)

How To Delete Virus By Using Avast Antivirus / Your Mtn Browsing Experience / Make Free Call On Glo To Any Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.