Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks (43876 Views)

TB Joshua’s Wife Evict Disciples From SCOAN (Video) / Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Elchicolo: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has raised the alarm over a 7-day quit notice issued to St. Gregory’s Anglican Church (pictured), Sabon Gari, Zaria, by the Kaduna State Urban Planning Development Agency (KASUPDA).

In the notice seen by TheCable, the agency said the failure to comply with the directive will lead to the forceful eviction of the church.

“Reference to the directive given by the Executive Governor on the issue of Market development which compensation has been duly paid, you are hereby directed to vacate your residence within Seven (7) days from now, failure to comply will leave the Agency with no option than to evict you at your own expense. (from 19h – 24 September),” the statement read.

The zonal head of the agency, who signed the notice on behalf of the zonal manager, did not include his name.

Reacting to the development, Joseph Hayab, chairman of CAN in Kaduna, said the association is alarmed over the quit notice.

“CAN wishes to draw the attention of the Kaduna state government to a quit notice to St. George’s Anglican Church in Sabon Gari, Zaria,” he said in a statment.

“The 7-day quit notice by the Kaduna State Urban Planning Development Agency (KASUPDA), is purported to be a directive from the executive governor.

“The notice also claimed that compensation had been duly paid to the church. We are alarmed and apprehensive about this, if it is true that it is a directive from the governor. But we doubt much if the governor issued the directive.”

Hayab said in February 2016, the state government made moves to relocate the church over the expansion of the market at Sabon Gari but later realised that the church had all valid documents and that even some parts of the market are on the church’s land.

Hayab said following the presentation of the necessary documents by the church, the matter was resolved amicably.

He called on the governor to immediately investigate the quit notice from KASUPDA and take prompt action.

”This will go a long way in allaying fears and apprehension among Christians in the state and the nation at large,” he said.

“This unfortunate notice is coming just few weeks after the alarm about the purported demolition of a mosque in Portharcourt, Rivers state, which, upon investigations, was later confirmed to be false. We urge the governor to take step to avert that kind of situation in Kaduna.”

Muyiwa Adekeye, spokesman for Nasir el-Rufai, the governor, did not respond to text messages sent to him over the issue.

No official of KASUPDA could be reached for comments as of the time this report was filed.

https://www.thecable.ng/can-kicks-as-kaduna-moves-to-evict-110-year-old-church

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by money121(m): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
Don't let anybody push you to the wall
Na community na hin make us all
Secret society na hin break us all
I don't want to be talking like a preacher at all
I don't want to dey like say I sabi pass all

cry cry

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Criticaltemp: 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
So what's wrong with removing an old structure.. We just like politicising everything.. CAN co TIN nii.. Ur members r suffering u wont c dat one oo, ur members r killed everyday unjustly, u dont c dat one oo, na structure n property u dey c cos they r paying dues so if they r removed its a minus to u people.. Foolish people, dont go n redefine ur existence..

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by tolumizzy(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
tongue
Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Mbbscentric(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
Some one above me said and so what.

We Sabi the way them go carry there whala for head if na them you wan destroy their worship center.

Them go they carry like pickin way you collect he bread.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by WukedP(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dont get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by memory123(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
Its a wrong move...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
What is the matter with governors in this country for Krissake?

From the pot-belly and round Wike to the short El-Rufai.

Are they both okay?

We don't want religious war in our country please.

All we need is UNITY and PEACE.

God bless Nigeria.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Bojack(m): 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
The church sef get as e be

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by chloride6: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lol..

What a pretty move by the KDSG

Hope they resolve this amicably though..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Dannieln1: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
D
Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
Bring it down please, but that still doesn't change the fact that Rivers State and the rest of the South Southern and South Eastern States are Christian States.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Felikz: 11:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
After so many yrs Y now... Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Dannieln1: 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Bojack:
The church sef get as e be
I know religion is not the way forward in my dear country but you should withdraw ur statement.

10 Likes

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by QuickStandard: 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2019

For your Uninterrupted power solutions, contact Quick Standard solutions.
We are professionals in Solar systems, inverters, batteries, UPS.

Check our Sig for contact details.

We also buy used inverter batteries
Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by naijadrivablog: 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Leave Christians alone!

Why can't Nigerians be tolerant to others

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by AmazingELixir: 11:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hmm!

Hell Rufai on the beat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Bojack(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dannieln1:
I know religion is not the way forward in my dear country but you should withdraw ur statement.
not planning on doing so

1 Like

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Magnumproperty: 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
That midget will destroy Kaduna last last

13 Likes

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by nofuckz(m): 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
If i were asked to choose between hell_rufai and vp osinbajo, i would pick hell. again on the home front if it were to be between osinbanjo and mc (oluomo) i would pick the later.

people act with disrespect towards others because, those their actions are directed at are either too week to fight back or are simply too stupid. El rufai will get his way, 'CAN' on the other hand would wail and pray heaven to come distroy the aggressor.

when the redemed lady at abuja was hacked to death and not a single word of condemnation, conclude there was no hope moving forward.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Criticaltemp: 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
memory123:
Its a wrong move...
STFU..
So that rubbish looks appealing to ur eyes abi.. Mental poverty kii u there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Dooven: 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
I wonder what Christianity has done to this man.

U can't kick your foot against the rock and go unhurt.

Be informed that Jesus is that Rock..

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by boolet: 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dooven:
I wonder what Christianity has done to this man.

U can't kick your foot against the rock and go unhurt.

Be informed that Jesus is that Rock..
Abeegi, make you softly dey quote scripture on top something wey na human being build. No be only rock, na zuma rock. undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by drizslim(m): 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
I don't comment on matters concerning religion..

1 Like

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Edu3Again: 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
Criticaltemp:
So what's wrong with removing an old structure.. We just like politicising everything.. CAN co TIN nii.. Ur members r suffering u wont c dat one oo, ur members r killed everyday unjustly, u dont c dat one oo, na structure n property u dey c cos they r paying dues so if they r removed its a minus to u people.. Foolish people, dont go n redefine ur existence..

Go & remove Mosque now make we see.

There was no mosque removed in Rivers and there was noise.

Imagine if there was really a mosque removed,imagine the noise Sultan of Lies will make.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by StrikeBack(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
drizslim:
I don't comment on matters concerning religion..
I'm sure the next generation will reject Religion totally.
This same reason you see the Penthievcostal Fraudsters Building gigantic temple for God. The game is almost up

Religion is a Scam

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Seetto: 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
Abeg collect money, go build better church undecided
Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Godwin2am(m): 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2019
FreddyKruger:
Bring it down please, but that still doesn't change the fact that Rivers State and the rest of the South Southern and South Eastern States are Christian States.

THE MAN ABOVE CHECK IF SUFFERING FROM BRAIN TUMOR! ie. brain injury

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by Peacemaker5129(f): 11:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
If you do me I do you God no go vex

1 Like

Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by abkrgumel(m): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
grin
Re: Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks by abkrgumel(m): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
Is this revenge of what wike did PH?
or its CAN and their political hypocrites undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church / Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) / Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.