Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Abusive Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abusive Relationship (2291 Views)

A Nairaland Girl Narrates Her Ordeal In Her Abusive Relationship / Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship / Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abusive Relationship by kiki(f): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2010
Does a man have any right or reason to put his hands on a woman? If he do hit her when is it OK to take him back if they have been dating for so long? cry
Re: Abusive Relationship by MRMoneyE(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2010
kiki:

Does a man have any right or reason to put his hands on a woman? If he do hit her when is it OK to take him back if they have been dating for so long? cry

WHENVER THE GUY SAYS IS SORRY FOR HIS ACTION,  MORESO, SOME WOMAN LOVES THE GUY MORE
AFTER THE BASHING, WOMEN'S  WORLD IS JUST TOO FUNNY, YOU CANT PREDICT THEM,
Re: Abusive Relationship by xxcarolxx(f): 8:17pm On Oct 31, 2010
No man has a right to put his hand on any woman what ever the reason, Believe me if my bf ever laid his hands on me it would be his first and last time,
Re: Abusive Relationship by Osama10(m): 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
There are other things you can do to hurt a woman so bad than laying hands on her.
Re: Abusive Relationship by MRMoneyE(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2010
xxcarolxx:

No man has a right to put his hand on any woman what ever the reason, Believe me if my bf ever laid his hands on me it would be his first and last time,

BUT IF IT HAPPENED WOMAN ARE KNOWN TO ACCEPT AM SORRY HAS A MEANS OF APOLOGY
THEN THEY TEND TO LOVE THE MAN MORE THAN BEFORE,
Re: Abusive Relationship by xxcarolxx(f): 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2010
Sorry there is no way i would spend my life with a guy who can slap you, To me that's just the begining, of the end, There aint any excuse in the world to hit a woman,
Re: Abusive Relationship by kiki(f): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2010
MR Money £:

BUT IF IT HAPPENED WOMAN ARE KNOWN TO ACCEPT AM SORRY HAS A MEANS OF APOLOGY
THEN THEY TEND TO LOVE THE MAN MORE THAN BEFORE, 

So what makes you think he would not do it again?
Re: Abusive Relationship by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2010
kiki:

the question should be

does any man kind has right or reason to hit another mankind
Re: Abusive Relationship by omega25red(m): 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2010
there is no reason to hit anyone but sometimes it gets really bad that you loose it and WHAM right in the kisser. if i had to hit my woman then we really dont need to be together anymore because she took me to the level where i have to raise my hand to feel like im back in control.
this actually goes both ways because there a women that beat up their men too.
Re: Abusive Relationship by xxcarolxx(f): 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2010
omega25red:

there is no reason to hit anyone but sometimes it gets really bad that you loose it and WHAM right in the kisser. if i had to hit my woman then we really dont need to be together anymore because she took me to the level where i have to raise my hand to feel like im back in control.
this actually goes both ways because there a women that beat up their men too.
Totally agree with you,
Re: Abusive Relationship by henryhemon(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2010
Its wrong 4 a man to dat but its strange how some women luv it,like i ve fren who always bashing frm d bf,he whips her lik a horse,its nt a one off ting,her back is full of scars n d last 1 he embrasd d girl dat pple gathered, i nvr thot she'll ever go bck 2him bt hw wrong i was,its a tragedy.some gals cn be real poo.
Re: Abusive Relationship by xxcarolxx(f): 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2010
henryhemon:

Its wrong 4 a man to dat but its strange how some women luv it,like i ve fren who always bashing frm d bf,he whips her lik a horse,its nt a one off ting,her back is full of scars n d last 1 he embrasd d girl dat pple gathered, i nvr thot she'll ever go bck 2him bt hw wrong i was,its a tragedy.some gals cn be real poo.
Are you for real, This girl seriously needs her head testing,
Re: Abusive Relationship by Plutarch: 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2010
Its animal-like for a guy 2 b quick @ assaulting wife/fiance. However,ladies whose mouth runs faster than type-writter, ladies that nag r liable to assault from less expressive men.

I will also implore ladies to develop respectable personality,get gud educatn,b able to stand up/out;assault on ladies to some extent betrays lack of respect 4 a woman.
Re: Abusive Relationship by james1(m): 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2010
I have seen guys and gurls that have mutual respect for one another and no fighting happens.If you are a woman and want total respect then give your man same;don't sit there and preach about not bashing a woman when most of you women are monsters talking trash at men,devoid of any respect and expect me to condon your rubbish?poo will go down!
Re: Abusive Relationship by MRMoneyE(m): 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
james1:

I have seen guys and gurls that have mutual respect for one another and no fighting happens.If you are a woman and want total respect then give your man same;don't sit there and preach about not bashing a woman when most of you women are monsters talking trash at men,devoid of any respect and expect me to condon your rubbish?poo will go down!

THAT IS WHY I SAID PREDICT THEM LADIES AT YOUR OWN PERIL, EVEN IF YOU COME CLOSE TO SETTLE
THE ISSUE THEY ARE BOTH DRAGGING AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME.
Re: Abusive Relationship by lostout: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2010
Ohh poor ladies am facing more then what I expected in my marriage, This man beats me more often he goes drinking come in and force me to make love to him saying ur my wife the most hurting part is i bring home more then he does been with him when he had nothing fought with him and still he says am nothing, I really do hate Edo men becos its seems this all their all about, Well story of my life wish I had something more rather then stuck with this lazy day dreaming Edo man.
Re: Abusive Relationship by livedit(f): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2010
I agree with the others. I don't care how long you've been dating this person or what stress he/she is under. There is NEVER no justified excuse for a man or woman to be putting their hands on somebody like that. Don't even think about blaming it on the alcohol either. You still know what you are doing. If you have issues/problems going on within yourself where you result to violence then YOU don't need to be in a relationship period!!! At least, not until you get yourself some therapy. Dealing with day to day life is a trip in itself and then to have to deal with someone beating/hitting you is not an option! If this is happening to you or someone you know I suggest you or them to get out NOW. You can still love and pray for them. But don't put yourself in harms way just because you've known this person x amount of years. Love yourself more. Alot of women/men stay because their scared, love, pity or just don't feel they deserve better, but you do. No one deserves to be beat/hit. You need to learn self control and if the situation is that heated, then you need to leave. Those who want to chase after them are asking for it, don't make excuses for the abuser and definitely don't put yourself out there like that. No one deserves to be abused rather it be physically or emotionally.
Re: Abusive Relationship by kiki(f): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2010
livedit:

I agree with the others. I don't care how long you've been dating this person or what stress he/she is under. There is NEVER no justified excuse for a man or woman to be putting their hands on somebody like that. Don't even think about blaming it on the alcohol either. You still know what you are doing. If you have issues/problems going on within yourself where you result to violence then YOU don't need to be in a relationship period!!! At least, not until you get yourself some therapy. Dealing with day to day life is a trip in itself and then to have to deal with someone beating/hitting you is not an option! If this is happening to you or someone you know I suggest you or them to get out NOW. You can still love and pray for them. But don't put yourself in harms way just because you've known this person x amount of years. Love yourself more. Alot of women/men stay because their scared, love, pity or just don't feel they deserve better, but you do. No one deserves to be beat/hit. You need to learn self control and if the situation is that heated, then you need to leave. Those who want to chase after them are asking for it, don't make excuses for the abuser and definitely don't put yourself out there like that. No one deserves to be abused rather it be physically or emotionally.

Thanx hun
Re: Abusive Relationship by LordReed(m): 2:01am On Dec 04, 2010
Sometimes I just have to say am happy am not female cos I can't understand how ladies can take the abuse. I will never support a man hitting his significant other especially one he says he loves. Where is the love if u can do dat? Shes not a child who requires training she can hear n reason so speak reasonable words.
Ladies please do not stay in abusive relationships it's liable to get u maimed or killed.
Re: Abusive Relationship by MrsEve1: 2:35am On Dec 04, 2010
Osama10:

There are other things you can do to hurt a woman so bad than laying hands on her.

What other ways can you hurt a woman without hitting her, I am curious?
Re: Abusive Relationship by MrsEve1: 2:42am On Dec 04, 2010
L Reed,

Well, I used to work with ABUSED WOMEN and they always tell me that it is harder to leave the abuser and people who have never been placed in that situation will never understand how psychologically and emotionally abuse has a grip on these ladies.

I had an African lady that came in where I worked and she was so bloody that I thought she was stabbed or shot. She was having a hard time speaking English so we had to hired an translator. We cleaned her up and tried to maintain her the best we could because she was shaking really bad. After the settle downs and translations she told us that her husband beat her. We asked her why she was beaten because we knew that she were not from America and often time when we have women from other countries they usually tell us that it normal for the husband to beat the wife especially if the country supports it.

We assumed that she was beaten because of something as trivial as she didn't cook the egg right or whatever. But, we were not prepared to hear that she was beaten because were on her period and her husband didn't like the fact it got on the sheets in the bed. So he beaten and embarrassed her in front of the house guests that were there. We asked her did she want police involve and she responded no that it customary for the husband to beat the wife if he is not happy.

I was so pissed and furious that I even confronted the husband and I said YOU GOT THE RIGHT ONE because if it had been the wrong one, you would have not seen the sun in the morning. He knew what I meant and I told the lady that if she need help to call but I never heard from her again.
Re: Abusive Relationship by LordReed(m): 1:45am On Dec 05, 2010
Mrs Eve believe am as flabberwhelmed as u are about dis. I as a man cannot see anything positive in battering a spouse/GF for any reason.

If I was a super hero 1 of my signature moves would be to break the kneecaps of batterers n rapists.
Re: Abusive Relationship by Dsense(m): 1:52am On Dec 05, 2010
No estimate!
Re: Abusive Relationship by obowunmi(m): 1:59am On Dec 05, 2010
Some women are attracted to abusive men.
Re: Abusive Relationship by sunch(m): 2:08am On Dec 05, 2010
Sometimes it's necessary to give her some slight bashing, so that next time she wld take caution wit her actions and her wagging lips, cos some women can infuriate a man wrath for no just cause wit there tongue. When u tell some women it's ok, meaning u're fueling d fire d more. So wham on d face atleast once in a while it's ok. Cos when u spare the rod u spoil d chic. ehen
Re: Abusive Relationship by LordReed(m): 3:04am On Dec 05, 2010
sunch:

Sometimes it's necessary to give her some slight bashing, so that next time she wld take caution wit her actions and her wagging lips, cos some women can infuriate a man wrath for no just cause wit there tongue. When u tell some women it's ok, meaning u're fueling d fire d more. So wham on d face atleast once in a while it's ok. Cos when u spare the rod u spoil d chic. ehen

I guess u urself deserve to be bashed a time or two to keep u in line right? Cos I don't see how u can justify dat a women should be bashed wen she's doing sometin wrong if we cannot subject u to d same treatment. Any man who bashes his wife in d guise of correction should in turn not be angry wen he is bashed for any infraction he commits e.g. police beating him for not having his driving license.
Re: Abusive Relationship by deniyor: 3:41am On Dec 05, 2010
YES OF COURSE. Spanking is allowed but ONLY during sex!!! shocked
Re: Abusive Relationship by racheal84(f): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2010
livedit:

I agree with the others. I don't care how long you've been dating this person or what stress he/she is under. There is NEVER no justified excuse for a man or woman to be putting their hands on somebody like that. Don't even think about blaming it on the alcohol either. You still know what you are doing. If you have issues/problems going on within yourself where you result to violence then YOU don't need to be in a relationship period!!! At least, not until you get yourself some therapy. Dealing with day to day life is a trip in itself and then to have to deal with someone beating/hitting you is not an option! If this is happening to you or someone you know I suggest you or them to get out NOW. You can still love and pray for them. But don't put yourself in harms way just because you've known this person x amount of years. Love yourself more. [b]Alot of women/men stay because their scared, love, pity or just don't feel they deserve better, but you do. No one deserves to be beat/hit. [/b]You need to learn self control and if the situation is that heated, then you need to leave. Those who want to chase after them are asking for it, don't make excuses for the abuser and definitely don't put yourself out there like that. No one deserves to be abused rather it be physically or emotionally.

I agree with you. I was in an abusive relationship for many years. Not now cuz i finally got the courage to leave. But it is all of those reasons that woman stay, i for one was not in love anymore. Just felt worthless and had nowhere to go. But now i know i am worth everything. Ppl dont understand alot unless they have been or are in the same situation
Re: Abusive Relationship by red100(f): 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
NO and about when is a good time to tke him back: NEVER angry angry angry
Make yourself a big favour and walk away of him, no one deserves to be in an abusive relationship
Re: Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2010
i would say,it never stops, what ever gave him d nerve to hit her will rise up again eventually, i am not saying break up, all i am saying is if u are going back to d relationship,expect another kpo kpo cos it wount be far fetched.
all d best wink
Re: Abusive Relationship by tiana1(f): 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2010
No!
Re: Abusive Relationship by Youngpo413: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
xxcarolxx:
lying b!tch,I know your type keep on deceiving yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Confused. Am Engaged To A Jehovah's Witness(please Advice Me) / Igbo Chic With A Cute Face And Nice Body - Please Subscribe! / Romantic Message To All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.