Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo (7056 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / IBB Interview Live On TVC / Ibb Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by EvilBrain1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2010
I just finished watching IBB being interviewed on Moments with Mo on Africa Magic where he talked about his numerous coups, and why he annulled June 12 among other things.

Did anybody else watch? Your thoughts please.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by wesley80(m): 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
You watched it didnt you? What are your own thoughts? Why not share yours also.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Osama10(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2010
wesley80:

He's got no thought on it.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Wilfem(m): 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2010
I watched it too and I was a little bit shocked when it got to the part he was asked about the annulment of June 12, he said it was unfortunate and they just took off the show to a 'commercial break' I was so sure he won't say the exact reason why he actually annulled it.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by EvilBrain1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2010
wesley80:

What struck me the most was the cavalier way he spoke about the art and science of coup plotting. I mean this guy is Nigeria's leading authority on the subject and he gave some nice insights. For example, he said he could have overthrown Shagari in 1982, before the election. But because he new that the people wouldn't support him then and he knew the '83 elections were going to be heavily rigged, he and his confederates waited to take advantage of the national outrage that followed the votes before they struck.

I wonder if there are any young colonels now thinking the same thing about 2011?

1 Like

Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Abande(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2010
I'm really inspired with his thoughts. He's the best for Nigerians. Go BABA!
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by jason12345: 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2010
Evil Brain:

What struck me the most was the cavalier way he spoke about the art and science of coup plotting. I mean this guy is Nigeria's leading authority on the subject and he gave some nice insights. For example, he said he could have overthrown Shagari in 1982, before the election. But because he new that the people wouldn't support him then and he knew the '83 elections were going to be heavily rigged, he and his confederates waited to take advantage of the national outrage that followed the votes before they struck.

I wonder if there are any young colonels  now thinking the same thing about 2011?

God forbid it. tufia!!!
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by EvilBrain1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2010
Wilfem:

I watched it too and I was a little bit shocked when it got to the part he was asked about the annulment of June 12, he said it was unfortunate and they just took off the show to a 'commercial break' I was so sure he won't say the exact reason why he actually annulled it.

He said that he annulled June 12 because he was concerned about "the security of the country" i.e. that MKO's government would have been overthrown by the military and that the coup would have been "very bloody"

Not a good excuse of course, but better than nothing.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by EvilBrain1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2010
Also funny was when he was listing all the coups he's been involved in and how with practice, he and his partners had been gradually improving their technique.

Jan 1966: Very bloody
Jun 1966: Very bloody
1975: Bloodless
1976: Moderately Bloody
1984: Bloodless
1985: Bloodless

As you can see except for the 1976 failed coup (IBB sided against the coup plotters on that one) there is a definite trend towards bloodlessness.

You will also note that all the coups IBB helped to execute were successful and all the coups he didn't help to plan (except Nzeogwu's in 1966 and Abacha's soft coup against Shonekan) failed.

The man is a coup-plotting legend!
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by koruji(m): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2010
Evil Brain:

He said that he annulled June 12 because he was concerned about "the security of the country" i.e. that MKO's government would have been overthrown by the military and that the coup would have been "very bloody"
Not a good excuse of course, but better than nothing.

It is not better than nothing - IBB's half-truths are worse than sticking to one lie. He has given us so many reasons in the past, including this one.
Let's even say this excuse is the truth - which it is not, what does it tell you about IBB. I will list a couple:

1. IBB is a coward - Was he not the head of the army?
2. Given how long it took him to take the transition to that point wasn't he supposed to have reformed the military to recognize & secure civil authority?
3. How was leaving the government to Abacha different from MKO being overthrown?
4. Let's say IBB wins the election of 2011 (God forbid) & given our general level of insecurity would be right for GEJ to annul his election?
5. IBB is neither smart nor wise - most of his decisions, most of them copied and dressed up as his ideas with fallacious smooth talk, ultimately turn out to do more harm than good
6. IBB is coward - Did I say that already?
7. IBB is a coward - Just to be sure you understand!

1 Like

Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by youngmonie: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2010
Evil Brain:

Also funny was when he was listing all the coups he's been involved in and how with practice, he and his partners had been gradually improving their technique.

Jan 1966:  Very bloody
Jun 1966:  Very bloody
1975:        Bloodless
1976:        Moderately Bloody
1984:        Bloodless
1985:        Bloodless

As you can see except for the 1976 failed coup (IBB sided against the coup plotters on that one) there is a definite trend towards bloodlessness.

You will also note that all the coups IBB helped to execute were successful and all the coups he didn't help to plan (except Nzeogwu's in 1966 and Abacha's soft coup against Shonekan) failed.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wetin person dey find for military if in no intelligent, all i can sai is dat he had the oppurtunity to change so many things den, he bleeped upp, hes time is gone, say no more
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by EvilBrain1(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2010
When they asked him whether staging a coup was legal, he laughed and said something like:

"It doesn't matter because when you overthrow the democratically elected government, the first thing you do is throw away the constitution and declare martial law. After that who will come and challenge you?"

He also didn't show any sign of remorse for anything. He really seems to believe that he did well for the country and that he has nothing to apologise for.

Is he right? Or is he just a very convincing liar? Is he a sociopath? Is he too stu.pid to see the many terrible consequences of his actions?
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by EvilBrain1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2010
I'm not happy with Mo though. she wasted too much time asking dumb questions like "how strict are you with your children?", "how did you meet your wife?" and that kind of nonsense.

If it were me interviewing him apart form the June 12 and coup questions, these are some of the things I would have asked him:

1. Sir, since you say you didn't steal it, what really happened to the $12 billion gulf war oil windfall?

2. Sir, given your terrible civil rights record, why do you think you are fit to rule Nigeria as a democratic president? Why should the Nigerian people trust you again?

3. Considering the massive expansion of government bureaucracy and wasteful spending that occurred during your regime, do you feel personally responsible for present governments being forced to spend so much on recurrent expenditure and so little on capital?

4. SAP. Do you really still think it was a good idea? And more importantly, do you think it would have worked if you and your friends hadn't been so corrupt?

5. Sir, since you say it wasn't you, who do you think really killed Dele Giwa?

6. How can I move large amounts of money out of the country without attracting attention? I'm planning to run for councillor soon and I need some advice.

1 Like

Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by drake2(m): 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2010
Kudos Evil brains. Not a fan of mo or watever shit;
but u wud hv made a better presenter on that show. IBB may hv sponsored that episode
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by vigasimple(m): 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2010
drake2:

Kudos Evil brains. Not a fan of mo or watever poo;
but u wud hv made a better presenter on that show. IBB may hv sponsored that episode

International Bomblast BADLUCK (IBB) is just looking for how to get the south west onboard his failed effort for the PDP or whatever party cares to give him the flag to run for Presidency of Nigeria.

The guy is and will never be intelligent. Military guns is different from political persuasion. He has screwed Nigerians so bad that BADLUCK in his name is an understatemen.

I THINK NIGERIA NOW NEEDS GOODLUCK
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by MaiSuya(m): 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2010
drake2:

Kudos Evil brains. Not a fan of mo or watever poo;

Most likely.

@topic so IBB is basking in the glory of the numerous coups he's been involved in? And he now wants to become a civilian president? what irony.

BTW Abacha and not IBB was behind the 1983 coup.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by EvilBrain1(m): 12:16am On Nov 01, 2010
Mai Suya:

BTW Abacha and not IBB was behind the 1983 coup.

IBB was definitely involved in the 1983 coup. He wasn't the leader as there were plenty of more senior officers among the plotters but IBB was most certainly one of them.

So was Abacha, by the way, but he was junior even to IBB.

I think IBB's main talent is picking the right side in any conflict. Like I said before, he was involved in all the successful coups and none of the failed ones. He even played a major role in foiling the 1976 coup (the one that killed Murtala) when he confronted one of the plotters (I think it was Dinka but I'm not sure) who had gone to make the coup announcement at FRSC.

And even though he must have had issues with Abacha, he laid low and skillfully avoided pissing off his former subordinate off during Abacha's reign of terror. I'm sure Obasanjo must have wished he could have done the same when Abacha roped him into his "phantom coup".

And now, despite dozens politicians practically begging him to run for president for the past 8 years under their various mushroom parties, IBB patiently held out until he had a real shot at the PDP ticket. He recognized early that the PDP was the only realistic way back to Aso rock and now he has brilliantly engineered himself a more than fair chance of beating GEJ.

If GEJ doesn't stop fumbling and the PDP manages to outrig the ACN (their only viable opponents for now), it is very possible that we will all be saluting president Babangida next year.

May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by OAM4J: 4:50am On Nov 01, 2010
Evil Brain:

I'm not happy with Mo though. she wasted too much time asking dumb questions like "how strict are you with your children?", "how did you meet your wife?" and that kind of nonsense.

If it were me interviewing him apart form the June 12 and coup questions, these are some of the things I would have asked him:

1. Sir, since you say you didn't steal it, what really happened to the $12 billion gulf war oil windfall?

2. Sir, given your terrible civil rights record, why do you think you are fit to rule Nigeria as a democratic president? Why should the Nigerian people trust you again?

3. Considering the massive expansion of government bureaucracy and wasteful spending that occurred during your regime, do you feel personally responsible for present governments being forced to spend so much on recurrent expenditure and so little on capital?

4. SAP. Do you really still think it was a good idea? And more importantly, do you think it would have worked if you and your friends hadn't been so corrupt?

6. How can I move large amounts of money out of the country without attracting attention? I'm planning to run for councillor soon and I need some advice.

lol @ bold grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 01, 2010
Evil Brain:

LOL. But that sin is not only IBB's, many if not all our our presidents are guilty of that crime.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by sinaoye(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2010
No explanation from IBB can absolve him of blame in the annulment of june 12. No matter how he tries to spin it, it will always unravel. Even the northern elders dont want him as there so called concensus candidate. Gen Babangida. Pls go back to the hilltop in minna. And pray that after a couple of years, we might be tempted to forgive u.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by SSaemoenl(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
IBB is BACK page. EXPIRED!! No Vex grin grin grin tongue
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Adanora: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2010
LOL. But that sin is not only IBB's, many if not all our our presidents are guilty of that crime.

including u.

anyway for now IBB can never rule us again period
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by pelezico: 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2010
Abande:

I'm really inspired with his thoughts. He's the best for Nigerians. Go BABA!

WHAT A COMPLETE FISH - YOUR A DUMP DOWN LEMMING OF THE HIGHEST ORDER - IF YOU ARE AN EXAMPLE OF A TYPICAL NIGERIAN THEN NIGERIA HAS NO HOPE AT ALL

IBB IS A DRUG PEDDLING, NARCISSIST, MURDERER OF HUNDREDS OF NIGERIANS - YOU WANT THIS GUY TO RULE AGAIN - EVERY NIGERIAN WHO SUPPORTS THIS TYRANT IS
A COMPLETE M0R0N

NONSENCE!!!
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Kabikala(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2010
I watched  a part of the interview but could not stand the whole thing. I could not stand anyone kowtowing to IBB as I assumed Mo was going to and I felt a lot of revulsion watching the piece. (I hate IBB with a passion). I had also assumed it was the old one being re-aired (IBB had earlier been interviewed by Mo a few months back).
I was particualrly anxious to know what he had to say when Mo asked him if he knew those he claimed were planning to overthrow MKO if he was installed and why he couldn't arrest them. He rambled on and on and gave no real answer.
In the end, the guy's composure looks to me like that of someone on some addictive substance.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by becomrich4: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2010
Akanbi had seven children Popo(dahomey) which is the last child. Alafin of Oyo attack his brother Popo(called dahomey)

Here are the name of the seven children

Onipopo of Popo, Oba of Benin, Orangun of Ila, Alaketu of Ketu, Alafin of Oyo, Orangun of Ila, Onisabe of Sabe, Olupopo of Popo, and Oranyan of Oyo

Look at the map, you people wrongly assume that the whole of Benin republic was Dahomey. No that is not truth. Can you see where the children of popo live in today benin. The children of Ketu also live in Benin republic. And the children of Sabe also live in Benin republic.

You people talk as if Benin republic only have the children of popo, thier are also other children of Oduduwa who live there now.

Sabe have also been sabe in the Benin republic, Ketu have always be Ketu in the Benin republic. Sabe and ketu where never move there yesterday.
Adio, araromi,Ajegunle, ajese, okuta basa, Abeokuta have been there for thousand of years, Yorubaland was never separate pre colonia. This places have always been where they were. there was no benin republic or nigeria many years ago.

You people are not yoruba people , who do not know the history of the yorubas or the republic of Benin. Even of the town that country is named after is in Nigeria and not benin republic. Africa do not see themself based on the united nation map of countries.

They see and talk about thier country, based on thier ethnics group. A yorubaman believe is country is Yorubaland, and it is more than one country of the united nation. This is why , there are civil wars in africa.

You cant force african to see themself the way europian see them, but rather the way they see themself.You cant go to english now and now tell england people that they are no more english men, that they Russians. And they most call themself Russia.

Or can you go to china, and tell chinesse people, they are Arabic people. No.

The tusi and huntu in Rwanda and burudi , do not see themself as people of a nation Rwanda or Burudi.NO. They see themself as Tusi people from the country of Tusi in two countries and Huntu people also see themself from the country of Huntu in two countries. And that is why when the war started in one, it went into the other. because you cant force or make Nigeria to see themself as people of an imaginary country. As long as you want to force Nigerian to believe they are from imaginary country, there would always be civil war in Nigeria.

Santa claus is NOT REAL. can someone tell the United nation, that santa claus is not real. It is only imaginary, samething for Nigeria and the Yoruba people. The Yoruba people believe Nigeria is Santa claus. Nigeria is imaginary.

Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by bisiaet: 2:29pm On Nov 02, 2010

Jan 1966:  Very bloody
Jun 1966:  Very bloody
1975:        Bloodless
1976:        Moderately Bloody
1984:        Bloodless
1985:        Bloodless

Well bloodless, legend or no legend that is now story the truth is his time is over he should say no more and talk no more all he's talking does not move any body anylonger. To me all this talkS is just his(ibb) cup of tea i'm not interested.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Fhemmmy: 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2010
Adanora:

including u.

anyway for now IBB can never rule us again period

Dont be too sure.
He is the only one that i really speaking.
He is the only one conducting interviews and rallies.
Just dont be too sure, IBB knows the PIN Number of Nigerians and i am sure, He will USE it
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2010
If I see IBB on my TV, I am likely to break the screen.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by Mekusdiba(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2010
koruji:

It is not better than nothing - IBB's half-truths are worse than sticking to one lie. He has given us so many reasons in the past, including this one.
Let's even say this excuse is the truth - which it is not, what does it tell you about IBB. I will list a couple:

1. IBB is a coward - Was he not the head of the army?
6. IBB is coward - Did I say that already?
7. IBB is a coward - Just to be sure you understand!
Big , LOL,
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by kalahariNG: 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2010
I watched the interview and understood better where the rumor that he was interested in marrying Mo Abudu came from.

I wasn't terribly impressed with either of them. Actually thats an understatement angry
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by icare1: 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2010
IBB IS A LEO OF THE ZODIAC ; JONATHAN IS A SCORPIO, IF YOU UNDERSTAND ME ONE IS MORE DECEPTIVE AND MORE CALCULATING.
Re: Ibb's Interview On Moments With Mo by oluwafemi113(m): 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2010
noblezone:

If I see IBB on my TV, I am likely to break the screen.
my brother no be only you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence / Minister Of Information Labaran Maku Live On Ait Tune In / Dear Igbos, If Nzeogwu was Igbo Then Lucky Eluonye Onyenuchea Irabor Is Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.