Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads (2905 Views)

Poll: Real Madrid & Barcelona Match Threads. Yay or Nay?

Yay / Yes!: 87% (47 votes)
Nay / No!: 12% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Funny (PHOTO) From'jose Mourinho' Abusing Barcelona Match Against Bayern Munich / Predict The Chelsea Vs Barcelona Match Correctly And Win Recharge Cards. / Lionel Messi And Barcelona Accused Of Elaborate Syrian Rebel Weapons Plot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Seun(m): 12:16am On Nov 01, 2010
Hi,

Due to the resurgence of Spanish football:
- Barcelona and Spain won everything earlier this year, before buying Villa.
- Real Madrid has the best player in the world, who scored 6 goals in the last 2 matches.
- Real Madrid now has the most consistently good coach in the world, Mourinho.

I directed the mods to start creating Real Madrid and Barcelona match threads, but they refused, so I'm throwing this open to fellow Nairalanders.  If you're a Real Madrid or Barcelona or Spain fan, or if you believe you can keep us updated on their matches by creating regular match threads, please let me know. You can mail me at or chat with me using the id 'nairaland' on Yahoo IM.  You can also respond to this thread to ask questions, or express your opinion on this new direction.

The position of a moderator on this section is very prestigious and I want to bestow it on someone who values it more.  You will be required to do the other duties of a moderator, namely, enforcing the rules of Nairaland and implementing various initiatives to boost the profile of this board.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Seun.
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by chelseabmw(m): 12:40am On Nov 01, 2010
@Seun
Am very much interested. . . . . .This is the opportunity i ve always been waiting for. . . . . I wanna serve nairaland
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by room702(m): 12:43am On Nov 01, 2010
it's widely available on the internet, is it that important on nairaland i say nay
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by chelseabmw(m): 12:45am On Nov 01, 2010
yep. . .it's important. . . . .for the sake of their fans here on nairaland. . .
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by mrofficial(m): 12:53am On Nov 01, 2010
Sure!!!

Even naija league 2 should have its own.
  cheesy
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Radiant(f): 12:56am On Nov 01, 2010
room702:

it's widely available on the internet, is it that important on nairaland i say nay

Do you know the meaning of the word, forum?

Go Barca! cool
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Mariory(m): 1:05am On Nov 01, 2010
meh why not. Will be very interesting to see those el-classico discussions. grin
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 01, 2010
This is not fair to the Asian and Middle-Eastern clubs angry tongue
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Msgrt: 4:10am On Nov 01, 2010
I love it when it been treated this way
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by yousouph(m): 5:32am On Nov 01, 2010
The Barca's and Galaticos fans should be creating their match threads but most of them do not watch their live matches because the clubs mostly play late in the night unlike EPL matches. Krayola, Khanye, Honerico, Segunpc and V3 where una dey?
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Johnsmartinyang(m): 6:04am On Nov 01, 2010
seun u shld understand dat most naija pple are still under d spell of colonia spirit.
Even our tv sport programmes concentrate most times on EPL and its teams, but la liga will always prove them wrong and break their hearts wen it matters most.
@chelsea peeps y did u guys have to wait 50yrs + before una smell EPL?na dat wrestling na him una dey call football? beg una noise too much, bunch of bullies,make una buy a carton of body sprays for drogba,and advice him to shave his (abia).
We still hv forms @ barca where we play yori yori football,but nairalanders will have to give us one male goat and a carton of stout and a bottle of vodka before we give una membershi.
Up barca,up la liga, no offence we're d best for now stop hating,go back to ur drawing boards, finito
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by DonXavi(m): 6:27am On Nov 01, 2010
Thats a very good idea. It would really help most NL know whats going on in La Liga, right now there's great football in Spain.
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Kilode1: 6:40am On Nov 01, 2010
LOL @ "they refused" EPL Club loyalty trumps Mod duties?
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2010
room702:

Yo go and hug rain soaked transformer, am in support of that, but cant be me doing it, but why must the Mod. refused, are they  trying to plan coup? undecided
@ Chelseabmw, Up Chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa smiley, leave the wonderneli that just typed above me to continue saying craps
undecided
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by degubi(m): 7:19am On Nov 01, 2010
I am in total support all the way.
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 01, 2010
if una fit stream the matches live sef e go good , if not show match highlights  smiley
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by ogazi007(m): 8:11am On Nov 01, 2010
I knew we are going to be accorded this privileged since mourinho joined madrid.we have always been trying hard to keep our thread updated for our fans,

friends and enemies.its a welcome development,at least it will help many analyst here that argue on laliga  based on no or limited information at their

disposal to now know much about the league .You all gat to watch Barcelona(the best club on planet earth).if its aint Barca its not footie for me.
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by batiatus(m): 8:29am On Nov 01, 2010
No EPL match has the title ÈL CLASICO. Hail laliga.
Realmadrid: we don't play entertaing football but attacking football. Come nov' 28 , i reserve my comment. HAlA MADRID
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by sayso: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2010
honestly I do not think people watch La liga with the same level of hunger they watch the EPL.EPL comes early and when your team is defeated you hardly have the strenght to watch late live mathes like La liga
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by fstranger: 9:31am On Nov 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This is not fair to the Asian and Middle-Eastern clubs angry tongue

This is something expected from an OPONU, not from an afunu like Ileke-idi!
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by GTay(m): 9:45am On Nov 01, 2010
Seun:

I directed the mods to start creating Real Madrid and Barcelona match threads, but they refused, so I'm throwing this open to fellow Nairalanders.  If you're a Real Madrid or Barcelona or Spain fan, or if you believe you can keep us updated on their matches by creating regular match threads, please let me know. You can mail me at or chat with me using the id 'nairaland' on Yahoo IM.  You can also respond to this thread to ask questions, or express your opinion on this new direction.

Long Overdue. Fully Endorsed cool
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by edoyad(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2010
Spanish what ? Do we speak spanish on NL ? nairaland is English hence the coverage of EPL
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by benchwest: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2010
futball had nothing to do with language,
apart from that la liga should be recognise as the most powerfull ligue in the world today because it produces the best players for the world in the past decade.

up madriddddddddddd merenguesssssssssssssssssss
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by scantee(m): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2010
fullly supported

FORZA BARCA
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Kx: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2010
Long overdue.
Madrid 4 life.
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by slap1(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2010
For the sake of 'Federal character' I think it's a good idea.
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by slap1(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2010
@all these Madrid and Barca fans, Seun did not ask you guys to re-affirm your allegiance to 'your' clubs, what he is asking is: "Will you moderate?" Haba!
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by holydante(m): 11:58am On Nov 01, 2010
Seun:

Hi,

- Real Madrid has the best player in the world, who scored 6 goals in the last 2 matches.

The position of a moderator on this section is very prestigious and I want to bestow it on someone who values it more.  You will be required to do the other duties of a moderator, namely, enforcing the rules of Nairaland and implementing various initiatives to boost the profile of this board.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Seun.

Hi Fellars,

This is one of the most interesting piece of news i have come across on NL since i joined (no offeinse  grin grin)

Sir Seun, you said resurgence? I humbly beg your your pardon ooo, the beautiful bride of football, the nemesis of the blue bridge boys, the club that gave the Spanish national side 8 regulars, the club that won all 6 trophies on offer 2 years ago with a rookie coach, Barca has always been representing since time immemorial.

It was only Madrid that went on a lull due to the galatico syndrome of shirt-selling and merchandising rather than purposeful soccer. la liga has always been there, as evidenced by the quality players that troop there and the record of international individual accolades won by the players in the league.

The ''Epl razzmatazz'' is not a colonisation syndrome but due to the time difference. Liga matches basically start at about 7 pm local time (and by then, folks would have exited the viewing centres, grin grin grin) and i have not failed to catch up with the matches for a long time now.

Can this start up in earnest as there are so many interesting talking points (mourinho displayed his tact over the weekend in their match while the Catalans went on a mauling spree over Sevilla, oops am already in the mood wink

Bring it on NLanders

Mes Que un Club.

Viva Catalunya, Viva Barsa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by Ranoscky(m): 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2010
Bring it on !!!
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by medjai(m): 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
I'm down
Seun:

Hi,

Thanks & Best Regards,
Seun.
but was Spanish football ever down for there to have been a resurgence? 6 Champions league trophies in 9 final appearances in the last two decades compared to the EPL's 3 Champions League wins in 6 final appearances. Add that to the Spanish national team's dominance of European and World football compared to England's trophylessness since 1966. My point is that there is no justification for there not to be match threads for La Liga matches. Viva la Espana, Forca Barca
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by semid4lyfe(m): 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
Not only Barca & Madrid matches outside of the EPL but star matches from other leagues too. . .Serie A & Bundesliga for starters.

For example, Juventus and AC Milan played this weekend in the serie A but there was no match day thread for it.
Re: Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads by yousouph(m): 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
Thank you slap1. Who will always do la liga is question asked. Only chelseabmw has said he is capable. Oya Seun, give it to him.

(1) (2)

Hilarious Memes On Barcelona And Psg Match.. Come Laugh Out Ur Ass. / Breaking News! Chelsea Fc For Sale! / Barcelona Vs Real Zaragoza (4 - 0) On Saturday 19th November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.