Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) (3038 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AAG Qualifiers): 8 - 0 On 10th April 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by luvhenry(m): 7:20am On Nov 01, 2010
African women championship
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
Nigeria is currently leading with 2 goals to nothing

Nwokocha scored both goals
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by luvhenry(m): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2010
half time 3-0 nkwocha hatrick
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
hehehehehe, that lady is a player, not watching sha, no local station is showing it embarassed
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by luvhenry(m): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
the goals are not just goals threy are classic
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by luvhenry(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
4-0 stella mbachu 70 mins
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
It's our birthright cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by luvhenry(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
5-0 full time
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by zenus(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2010
No local station shows de match.
It's a pity
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
lol 5:0

nice start grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
Superb Falcons hammer Mali

Nigeria handed down a 5-0 hammering to Mali to send out an ominous warning about their intention to reclaim the African Women's Championship title.

Perpetua Nkwocha, ubiquitous as ever, claimed a hat-trick, and was joined on the scoresheet by fellow veteran Stella Mbachu.

Youngster Francisca Ordega, on as a substitute, completed the rout.

Despite coming into the tournament in the unfamiliar position of not being defending champions, the Super Falcons still find themselves installed as favorites to reclaim the title they have win a record five times.

It could have been easy, however, to mistake them for the opposition in the opening five minutes.

That is how long it took for Malian goalkeeper Goundo Samake to get a feel of the ball from a Nigerian attack.

Precious Dede, her opposite number, had already been tested, albeit feebly, at least three times by then.

But the Nigerians gradually took control of the game, and the moment Nkwocha controlled Ulunma Jerome's punt over the top and rounded Samake for Nigeria's opening goal, there was only going to be one result.

That took just 15 minutes. The second followed in short order. Mbachu was the provider, just one minute after the first.

A rapier-quick Nigeria attack saw Mbachu play a short give and go with Nkowcha, and the Sunnana forward weaved a dazzling skein around the Mali defense before zapping into the roof of the net from close range.

She could have got her hat-trick earlier, but missed an easy opportunity. The third did not come until a mi ute before halftime, but it was worth waiting for.

A corner kick fell to the lurking Nkwocha at the far post. She only needed one touch before curling an exquisite ball under pressure past Samake.

Mbachu, whonhad switched to her natural right side, then outstripped her marker to make it four on 70 minutes. Substitute Ordega completed a humiliating day for their fellow West Africans with a peachy fifth. She showed desire to get in ahead of the defence to pounce on a rebound and slam home from four yards.

Nigeria skip to the top of the group ahead of South Africa, whom they face next on Thursday. But on the evidence of Monday afternoon's ruthless dismissal of Mali, and Banyana Banyana's fortunate escape against Tanzania, it would be hard to see past a Falcons triumph.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/18578/nigerias-superb-falcons-hammer-mali.php
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by bishoprccg(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
The super falcons were really fantastic in their demolition of mali. they not only spelled mali, but added an additional letter to their name. i like the way coach ucheria is rotating the squad with a blend of youth and experience
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by semid4lyfe(m): 10:41am On Nov 02, 2010
bishoprccg:
The super falcons were really fantastic in their demolition of mali. they not only spelled mali, but added an additional letter to their name.
True but they were quite wasteful in front of goal otherwise we could have beaten Mali by as many as 10 goals. Next up is SA on Thursday. . .they must be shitting in their pants by now? grin

i like the way coach ucheria is rotating the squad with a blend of youth and experience
Me too. Team selection must be quite an headache for her cos the squad is filled with quality. In this competition, only Nigeria can dèfeat Nigeria grin

On an aside, the defending champions, Equitorial Guinea is playing Cameroun today. I'll love to see the match cos the gist is that EG has a "Caster Semanya" and 5 Nigerians playing for them.
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2010
5 Nigerians in the EG team? hmmm, that one go be problem oo. embarassed
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2010
honeric01:

5 Nigerians in the EG team? hmmm, that one go be problem oo. embarassed
5 Nigerians that were not good enough to play for Nigeria and hence were recruited to play for them in 2008. Just be like wetin Niger & Benin Republic dey do us grin

Anyway, they played a 2-2 draw with Cameroun while Ghana beat Algeria 2-1.
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
^^^

And who told you they weren't good enough to play for Nigeria? is Charlton Cole not better than most of our current strikers? yet he didn't play for us, does that mean he isn't good enough?

These girls you are saying aren't good enough helped EG beat the SF last 2 years, so abeg drop that line cool
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by semid4lyfe(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2010
You like stoking the flames of arguement sha. Sorry, but I won't go down that lane with you. I say what I want to say and I move on. . .I don't engage in back and forths anymore. grin grin
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2010
^^^^^^

Even if what you are saying is 100% off track? tongue
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by jerryuzo(m): 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2010
super falcons are great ,they did us proud, hoping they will reclaim the trophy they lost in the last edition.
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:35am On Nov 03, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^^^

Even if what you are saying is 100% off track? tongue

Not off track! Let me explain it like this. . .You're a very opinionated person and so am I.

Do you think any amount of preaching by Davidylan can convert Abuzola to a christian and vice-versa? Hell No!

At the end of the day na my keyboard & fingers go suffer if I decide to engage you. Frankly, I've also lost my appetite for the long & multiple pages of debates which you crave and seem to thrive on. wink
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:36am On Nov 03, 2010
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by MRMoneyE(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2010
sometime i just imagine if these girls could be tranform to men so that they can take control of the super chicken team, i bet it, they will become another wicked force in african men soccer,
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 03, 2010
i just wantt to say that a match played in south africa cannot be televised,our news papers are busy lifting from the internet european football, why cant we acknowledge the fact that these girls are the new darling football team in nigeria both age group and seniors,
i wish them luck cos thy will need it too smiley
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2010
sometime i just imagine if these girls could be tranform to men so that they can take control of the super chicken team, i bet it, they will become another wicked force in african men soccer,
[quote][/quote]
I REST MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Not off track! Let me explain it like this. . .You're a very opinionated person and so am I.

At the end of the day na my keyboard & fingers go suffer if I decide to engage you. Frankly, I've also lost my appetite for the long & multiple pages of debates which you crave and seem to thrive on. wink   

So you look me sortay, na wetin u fit come up with be that? see me no get time for that either, check my recent posts, i hardly engage anyone in long argument, i don't have time for that again, so abeg get your facts right cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by lordvamon(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2010
we are getting that trophy back. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2010
honeric01:

So you look me sortay, na wetin u fit come up with be that? see me no get time for that either, check my recent posts, i hardly engage anyone in long argument, i don't have time for that again, so abeg get your facts right cool cool cool cool cool

Ok sir! Just se make we nor do ping-pöng enter page 2, make we die the matter for here grin 

Adios!
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by zionic(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2010
this gurls gat BALLs!
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Ok sir! Just se make we nor do ping-pöng enter page 2, make we die the matter for here grin 

Adios!

see your head like undone akpu roll. grin
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by SkillJed(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2010
true true, for a long time to come AWC is nigeria's birthright. we are there to reclaim our trophy! send the word to equitorial guinea!
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by tunde121oke: 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2010
nice one
Re: Nigeria vs Mali: 5 - 0 (African Women Championship 2010) by soloqy: 1:42am On Nov 04, 2010
semid4lyfe:

True but they were quite wasteful in front of goal otherwise we could have beaten Mali by as many as 10 goals. Next up is SA on Thursday. . .they must be shitting in their pants by now? grin
Me too. Team selection must be quite an headache for her cos the squad is filled with quality. In this competition, only Nigeria can dèfeat Nigeria grin

On an aside, the defending champions, Equitorial Guinea is playing Cameroun today. I'll love to see the match cos the gist is that EG has a "Caster Semanya" and 5 Nigerians playing for them.

The rumor and complaint from almost all the teams at the last edition which was hosted and won by Equatorial Guinea was that they brought up to three boys to play. Falcons team and some other teams complained but as is normal in Africa, the complaints were not investigated as it involved the host country.

Right this time, I also can see two strikers in the SA team that look nothing like females. And in the past 1-2years, never seen them in the SA national team. Suddenly they are in the SA team and are named the two top scorers in the the team.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. / Betpera Has Proven To Stand Winning Test Predict. See Yesterday Winning On Site / Download Video: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid 0-0 (pen 4-1) All Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.