Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? (7266 Views)

Opinion: Same Sex Schools Are Better For A Child's Academic Success. / He That Thinketh He Fall,take Heed Lest He Be Broken-tips To Academic Success / Keys To Academic Success! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by lordizak(m): 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
Mine is that anger aids me to progress in school.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by babaogun(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
what gets you angry? Self induced or otherwise?
What happens if we fail to annoy you?
Or are you looking to get angry here?
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by JUO(m): 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
Mine is that anger aids me to progress in school.
u go soon confess. did u ever enter class? i always see u at the orchard,
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by bechex(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
I am motivated by my hate for failure, I just dont want to fail and that motivates me,
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2010
challenges motivate me. . .
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by buzugee(m): 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2010
yes the key is 'what'

you are an insightful fella
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by slap1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2010
God's grace, basically.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Blogicon1(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
Heavy and consistent shayo, basically! undecided
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by jidesamuel(m): 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
im motivated by failure, undecided i've failed in the past and it was a scary experience,whenever i remember such situation i was,i know no one has to tell me to buckle up,
besides,i have friends who have achieved the kind of dream I'm been pursuing,so mere having them around me is enough to gear me up!!!!
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
1, While in school, I knew that the only thing I can do to get a good job post-school, was to be outstanding in my studies and graduate in flying colours. The knowledge of this propelled me to go extra miles.

2, I like competition. I always test my ability by competing with others. I approach every exams with telling myself, 'nobody must score above you'. If I don't eventually score the highest mark, I end up getting close, or at worst just passing.

3, I hate to be among 'others'. I hate to plays secodn fiddle. I like to be among the frontliners. I like the Topmost spot, but I've found myself not achieving it some times. But any thing short of TOP  X (X<=10) is very hard for me to take. The desire to keep myself among the Top guys always propels me in my academics. I like it(though will not show it) when your classmates see you and tell their friends 'oh, that guy is among the Top guys in my class'. Call this writing exams to the gallery if you like.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
slap1:

God's grace, basically.
right on point. . . wink
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by dayokanu(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2010
Jarus:

1, While in school, I knew that the only thing I can do to get a good job post-school, was to be outstanding in my studies and graduate in flying colours. The knowledge of this propelled me to go extra miles.

2, I like competition. I always test my ability by competing with others. I approach every exams with telling myself, 'nobody must score above you'. If I on't eventually score the highest mark, I end up getting close, or at worst passing.

3, I hate to be among 'others'. I like the Topmost spot, but I've found myself not achieveing it some times. But any thing short of TOP X (X<=10) is very hard for me to take. The desire to keep myself among the Top guys always propels me in my academics. I like it(though will not show it) when your classmates see you and tell their friends 'oh, that guy is among the Top guys in my class'.

Igi Iwe!!!!

For me. the way i did it,

Wake up at 10am,

Stroll to SUB newspaper stand, argue with free readers club for 2 hours,

Go under Library, argue with free readers club again for another 2 hours,

Get to class when lecture is 30mins to end. Sit at the back, make noise and snide comment to make people laugh.

All my school notes must fit into my backpocket anything bigger is not necessary.

After class go to TV room and watch football and argue about Bayern, man Utd, AC Milan etc,

On friday night watch Mojo at Awo TV room.

Got to female halls and leave there at 10pm atimes with a trip to Motion ground,

Go back to the hostel and do enuff "Aro".

Go to Buka and get drunk

Wake up 10am next morning to repeat the cycle.

Schedule of an Awo boy. No wonder i no fit sabi book
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
1. I ALWAYS READ AS IF I AM PREPARING TO TEACH OTHERS OR SOMETIMES I READ AS IF I AM THE TEACHER.

2. I LIKE MY TEACHERS. I DISCOVER THE TEACHER I LIKE MOST IS THE ONE I LIKE THE SUBJECT MOST. (MY ACCOUNTS TEACHER, ALH. R. O. A. HASSAN) MAY ALLAH BLESS HIM WHEREVER HE MAY BE NOW. AMIN.

3. I READ MY BOOKS EVERYDAY ESPECIALLY AFTER EVERY CLASS. I DONT LIKE READING WHEN EXAMINATION IS AROUND.

4. I ENJOYING SETTING QUESTIONS & SOLVING THEM MYSELF. I ALSO ENJOY COLLEAGUES BRINGING QUESTIONS FOR ME TO SOLVE.

I HAD THE BEST COMMERCIAL SUBJECTS RESULT FOR LAGOS STATE SCHOOLS IN MY WAEC.  I PRAY FOR ALLAH'S BLESSINGS FOR ALL MY TEACHERS. AMIN.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by buzugee(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Igi Iwe!!!!

Wake up at 10am,

Get to class when lecture is 30mins to end. Sit at the back, make noise and snide comment to make people laugh.

All my school notes must fit into my backpocket anything bigger is not necessary.

After class go to TV room and watch football and argue about Bayern, man Utd, AC Milan etc,

Got to female halls and leave there at 10pm atimes with a trip to Motion ground,

Go to Buka and get drunk

AWO HALL as in OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ?
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by 1forall: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
Na only God. . . because if na just me I no sabi anytin
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Igi Iwe!!!!

Wake up at 10am,

Go to Buka and get drunk

grin grin grin
Oh, deja vu!!!!
I be Awo boy too o.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Dayokanu,which skul sef? OAU? I trust
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2010
stevetboy9:

When you see a Great Ife, you should know
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
Jarus:

2, I like competition. I always test my ability by competing with others. I approach every exams with telling myself, 'nobody must score above you'. If I don't eventually score the highest mark, I end up getting close, or at worst just passing.
3, I hate to be among 'others'. I hate to plays secodn fiddle. I like to be among the frontliners. I like the Topmost spot, but I've found myself not achieving it some times. But any thing short of TOP  X (X<=10) is very hard for me to take. The desire to keep myself among the Top guys always propels me in my academics. I like it(though will not show it) when your classmates see you and tell their friends 'oh, that guy is among the Top guys in my class'. Call this writing exams to the gallery if you like.
I won't applaud or even commend your efficiency embarassed. The question is what drove you to be so obsessively efficient. It can not just be getting a job of work after graduation? We are talking about more personal drivers.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
tensor777:

I wont applaud your efficiency . The question is what drove you to be so obsessively efficient. It can not just be getting a job of work after graduation? We are talking about more personal drivers.
The interplay of the three factors earlier listed drove me. No more, no less.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2010
So trauncy is part of attributes of Awolites as suggested by dayokanu and confirmed by Jarus by his last post
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by revomind(m): 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2010
I hated school and saw it, perhaps wrongly, as a waste of time. I couldn't tolerate anything that would keep me longer in school {failure}.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Mudley313: 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
when you get to pay for your own education yourself; nobody will have to tell you to buckle up and make the possible best out of your hard earned cash
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Odunnu: 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
For the first time in my life,I just failed an exam!
And to think its a very minor/simple course,an everyday practical course is killing me.
I feel so bad. I guess i'm not even fit to talk on ths subject!
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by tennyalad(m): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
well its simple, i happen to be the only black guy in class plus with the funny surname that comes first on the list so if results are posted online you will see oh thats his score and as a big boy i cant afford to fail.
that makes me study and its the same thing thats making me study now when my mates are watching bb game
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by lonewolf: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
Cram for exams, write sensibly, pass and gain your degree.

If it's coursework, do proper research, write a sensible essay, footnote effectively and keep it moving.

Nothing dey happen.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by slap1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2010
Odunnu:

For the first time in my life,I just failed an exam!
And to think its a very minor/simple course,an everyday practical course is killing me.
I feel so bad. I guess i'm not even fit to talk on ths subject!
Aww, sorry dear. Don't let it stand in ur way, ok? Make urself happy.

Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by ka2ma(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2010
@all WEED OR HEROINE kips me going b4 reading i smoke sum dats d koko 1st class student
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by usbcable(m): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Igi Iwe!!!!

eso odo
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
jarus,

I am sure you didnt do the below.

Go to Buka and get drunk

Do you know or hear about Victor-Mojo? The pharmacy student TV operator who was in charge of playing Mojo for us every Friday night where "No pocketing" is the rule.

buzugee:

AWO HALL as in OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ?

Obafemi Awolowo Hall in Obafemi Awolowo university. the craziest Hall in all Nigerian Universities(by my own reckoning)

stevetboy9:

Before nko. OAU for sure

stevetboy9:

So trauncy is part of attributes of Awolites as suggested by dayokanu and confirmed by Jarus by his last post

Many things make an Awo boy. Its a combination of many attributes.

usbcable:

eso odo

Iwe lari, kosi GP
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Mubz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2010
lonewolf:

Cram for exams, write sensibly, pass and gain your degree.

If it's coursework, do proper research, write a sensible essay, footnote effectively and keep it moving.

Nothing dey happen.

Best post right here, No kidding
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by bomly(f): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
I am motivated by the cost of my Tuition Fee, America schools nah die so u must pass becos the fees nah in thousand $$$$$$$

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo State University Of Science And Technology,okitipupa. / Pictures And Stories And Videos From School (flogging) / LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.