Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser (6390 Views)

How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site / Rocket Your Website To Top Position On Google, Bing, Alexa, And Yahoo In 30 Days / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Youngichou(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hello fellow programmers,

i was  at my home browsing nairaland today at about 3:15pm to be precise when i recieved a call from a Man.
He told me he wants a website and how much it cost, i replied him that i programm website application or web designing for free and dont charge for it but he replied that he wants this to be a paid service because he wants the best and i said agreed.

When i asked him what kind of website this is?  He said its a website for his wife who is a Hair Dresses, that she wants people to apply for home service and service in the shop on the web. And she also wants to be uploading pictures of hair she plaits, and wedding clothes she stisches.  So i told him i can do it.
And he offered to pay me 15k for a start, and 65 when am through all this excluding my internet connection  because he is offering me his Starcomms during this period and he even bought a domain from GoDADDY.

Now fellow programmers am not suprise on some1 getting a website but what am suprise is  WHILE SHOULD A HAIR,wedding and beauty make up DRESSER  NEED A WEBSITE, of what use is it?  And is it not waste of Money.
Is nigeria this Advance? (though she lives at Asokoro Abuja which is the Government looters Estate).
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by yawatide(f): 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
Now fellow programmers am not suprise on some1 getting a website but what am suprise is WHILE SHOULD A HAIR,wedding and beauty make up DRESSER NEED A WEBSITE, of what use is it? And is it not waste of Money.
Is nigeria this Advance? (though she lives at Asokoro Abuja which is the Government looters Estate).

I don't even know how to start to reply this. When you go to buy food, do you think the seller says, "this guy is not even wearing an expensive suit. I wonder of what use isi ewu will be to him" or that rather the seller says, "thank God I have gotten yet another customer to help keep me afloat in this business"

You have disappointed me man. Seriously angry
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2010
Very foolish Thread i must confess,

The most retarded one of the Century.

It's like asking what is the use of a site for a Car wash Company.

Yes i will be developing one with a desktop based and web based layer for both recording sales and people booking for their cars ahead!
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Slyr0x: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

You have disappointed me man. Seriously  angry

+

Donpuzo:

Very foolish Thread i must confess,

The most  retarded one of the Century.

= +2.

Of what use is water to a thirsty man?

Na wa o0. See d kind question you dey ask. Aw you take WIN SECOND for dat competition sef?
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by WebMonk(m): 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Poster:
Just in case you're not reading between the lines, here's what (I think) they're saying.
Here you are with a client THAT's WILLING TO PAY, even though you offered him for FREE (?), and is so forward thinking he wants a website people can access from their homes for home service (!!!!), and EVEN GAVE YOU INTERNET(!!!!!!). IN NAIJA!!!!!! What do you think he is seeing?

and now, the only thing that's required of you is to brainstorm on transitioning this idea into a profitable reality.

Think it or not, these are the real projects move you forward as a professional, not those that want you to whip out a new social networking site. Imagine how that guy will respect you if you pull it off (and connections referrals he can give you ). you would have CONVINCED one nigerian of the very tangible benefits of having a website. Geez! that's where the hard work is!!

And with that, 2 tips:

1) have a mobile version in mind (if people access). that way, mobile users can use the site as easily as normal users, I don't think i need to emphasize the number of blackberry users in lagos & abuja alone. heck, almost every babe has one now, and whoever bought it would most likely pay for the internet service. Are you still with me?

2) Read my ebook on handling web projects with clients . You owe it to this golden client, and to yourself as a challenge.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Jcomtech: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2010
Guy u knw b ibo man at all.
Wetin concern ibo man wey won sell t.v 4 deeper life person.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Jcomtech: 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2010
@poster
Webmonk has broken it into piece, the ball is in ur court.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by bug24(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2010
I think what the poster needs is just an advice on what direction to channel this project to. and not realy asking if he should take up the project or not?
we only owe it to him to give him some insights of which i'm glad webmonk has trashed out,

@Webmonk, +1
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
Have the poster never heard of the term E-Business??
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by bug24(m): 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2010
Puzo, u neva sleep?
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
My Brother, na so many Bug keep me awake.

I don solve am. Though left some pending, till the application gets to a certain extent! Since i can relate with the error message!  cool

You wetin u dey do online by this unholy hour?? You sure na code u dey code?
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by bug24(m): 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2010
i dey u pon. lol
na one client work o, me and my eyes are just battling each oda here. sleep dey dull my brain here.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
You dey fear to post link for others to benefit??

Go sleep then. Me i won catch new babes on Badoo now.

Web development no fit kill me na
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by bug24(m): 11:52pm On Nov 01, 2010
wait, b4 u go sleep, post that link, where be badoo?
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Youngichou(m): 4:45am On Nov 02, 2010
@yawa , don ,slyrox
Yes truly i disapponted you really. I just learnt this from a lady friend who programms on Asp. But she said something funny she said, "its none of your business questioning some1 of what use it is to him, my friend just go get the job done! so she shouted. And that its high time i stop my unnecessary philanthropist Gesture , and get to the real world. " she even said she will get the Job if am not ready.

@WEB MONK THANKS for that Candid advice, i really appreciate besides i have started the job. And most funny part is i dont really code during early morning hours but this 1 with what you guys have said, i am now coding at 3am. Dont laugh me o. I just think my Philanthropist gesture and VERY STUPID POLICE QUESTION WILL HAVE TO STOP RIGHT away.

@ Jcomtech i be NAIJADELTA man O!
Na because of you guys me wan open my eyes wella wella.
@BUG24 yes webmonk has open my eyes very well.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by yawatide(f): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2010
Young, sorry if my comments came out wrong. At the time, I guess I was partly annoyed and partly amazed and consequently let my emotions take the better part of me.

I hope I am forgiven and am happy you finally saw the light cool
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Jcomtech: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2010
@poster
Which part of 9jadelta u be, because me 2 frm there.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Slyr0x: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

Young, sorry if my comments came out wrong. At the time, I guess I was partly annoyed and partly amazed and consequently let my emotions take the better part of me.

I hope I am forgiven and am happy you finally saw the light cool

+1.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Youngichou(m): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2010
@YAWA there is no problem you really encourage me from your words and advices beside i wont lie that a friend of mine close here is already tripping O. But the guy na Java and Java Applet. I know no if 2 of inna go blend but i told him Don puzo as booked already.
@JCOMTECH Delta state and You but na Abuja i dey
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Youngichou(m): 10:53am On Nov 02, 2010
[/quote] you no serious lol!!![quote author=Slyr0x link=topic=543343.msg7062126#msg7062126 date=1288691465]
+1.
no probs not at all

----------------------

@YAWA there is no problem you really encourage me from your words and advices beside i wont lie that a friend of mine close here is already tripping O.  But the guy na Java and Java Applet. I know no if 2 of inna go blend but i told him  Don puzo as booked already.
-------------------

@JCOMTECH  Delta state and You but na Abuja i dey
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2010
Haaaa, Yawa no be una mate ohhh

lol. You are playing with your Aunt shey

Aunt Yawatide. No mind this boy, he wants to eat what his elders have not dared to step on.

Okay, let me speak in riddles like my paddy Yawa always does to me:

"It takes a man with more than three legs to climb on a tree higher than a mountain"

Chew that!
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by yawatide(f): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2010
"It takes a man with more than three legs to climb on a tree higher than a mountain"

Chew that!

This meat tough well well o tongue

Here is another: despite any age differences, small pikin pata dey fit some adult right? cool
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

Here is another: despite any age differences, small pikin pata dey fit some adult right? cool

That made sense. But i thought the idea was to cause an exception?? And make one chew the meat longer.

This was easy for my compiler to run!
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Youngichou(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

haaaa do you know how old i am enhhhh don puzo can tell you that i am very old ooooo
Donpuzo:

That made sense. But i thought the idea was to cause an exception?? And make one chew the meat longer.

This was easy for my compiler to run!

you no serious lol!!!
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Jcomtech: 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
Guy u don start the project.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Mobinga: 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2010
Its a market strategy.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2010
Which kind strategy Mobinga.

The kind one you dey try for that babe on Facebook??
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Youngichou(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
@JCOMTECH am almost getting thru.

I was lucky in such a way that Most of the scripts i used i coded them before. For some of my friends who needed some uploading script. So what i did was use it as a re-usable library then i downloaded an HTML TEMPLATE at www.freewebsitetemplates.com

its a template called SALOONIST. All i did was just seperate the header footer left-nav etc.
I was at the Mans place for 5hours he say he wants to make sure i finish it early. WELL no be my problem because on 2 Consecutive times he bought me MR BIGGS RICE and A lap of Chicken 1 Kan Coke. ME no send o.
He is nice but what i dont like about him is that he is kinda too Inquisitive he doesnt give me free chances can you imagine. He wants to know what all my codes are used for he said so that he can be updating the site, i told him several times that he should dont worry. About my codes because i will create Page where his wife updates her little 450 words write up and pictures. But this man insist on seeing my Job. 3hours later i now heard from a maid that he is a computer Scientist, graduate of UniPORT and working in the PRESIDENCY. later he told me he was formally at NIIT. BUT he could not learn any thing usefull from them so he bowed out.
Do you believe me that he already got a SEO experts to work on .htaccess tricks? He was telling this guy not share the secrets of the upcoming website even me he ordered me not too. WHY ALL THIS PROTECTION i dont understand.
Not only that, i think he his a Government looter because his house maids Uses HP PAVILLION WEBCAM LAPTOP, i saw 2 maids browsing facebook.com and when i heard they where maids i shooke my EARS to know if i have not gone dumb O Boy money dey 0. all my life i stayed in Abuja i never knew people are as rich as this.
but its none of my business. Mine is to eat my money.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by jason2010(m): 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2010
It is used for Advertising air head
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2010
Is there anything wrong with someone having a website or are Hair dressers banned from having one?
The time will come that people will have to make appointments online to see a doctor and so to make the hair.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by kabukabu50(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2010
Youngichou:

Hello fellow programmers,

i was at my home browsing nairaland today at about 3:15pm to be precise when i recieved a call from a Man.
He told me he wants a website and how much it cost, i replied him that i programm website application or web designing for free and dont charge for it but he replied that he wants this to be a paid service because he wants the best and i said agreed.

When i asked him what kind of website this is? He said its a website for his wife who is a Hair Dresses, that she wants people to apply for home service and service in the shop on the web. And she also wants to be uploading pictures of hair she plaits, and wedding clothes she stisches. So i told him i can do it.
And he offered to pay me 15k for a start, and 65 when am through all this excluding my internet connection because he is offering me his Starcomms during this period and he even bought a domain from GoDADDY.

Now fellow programmers am not suprise on some1 getting a website but what am suprise is WHILE SHOULD A HAIR,wedding and beauty make up DRESSER NEED A WEBSITE, of what use is it? And is it not waste of Money.

Poster,you are as dumb as a box of rocks if you have to ask that question,everyone is online,its 2010 dirtbag.Of course,they need it for advertising cool

Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2010
Airhead, Dirthbag, Dumb as box,

The list goes on!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Increase My Adsense Earning / Things To Know Before Starting A Blog / How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.