Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up (7864 Views)

FG Disburses ₦123.348bn Grants To States. Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Zamfara Get Zero / Gbajabiamila Proposes Extra-budget To End Zamfara Crisis / Will Supreme Court Reverse Rivers, Zamfara Judgements? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by dre11(m): 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bayelsa guber: APC risks repeat of Rivers, Zamfara experience as litigations pile up over its primaries

Godwin Tsa, Abuja

The barrage of litigations within the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Bayelsa State over the outcome of the November 16 governorship primaries may cost the party the governorship position as was the case in Rivers and Zamfara states.

The situation is aggravated by the continued evasion of court processes by the APC governorship flag bearer Hon. David Lyon and his deputy.

In one of the pending suits, Peter Ozobo and another Bayelsa State APC stakeholder had dragged Hon. Lyon and Degi Biobarakuma to court claiming a default in the conduct of the party primaries as it did not follow the approved guidelines.

In the suits filed at the registry of the Abuja division of the Federal High Court, marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/1095 Ozobo and others are seeking the disqualifications of the candidate claiming that they did not hold direct primary elections at the wards in the state and the exclusion of the majority of the party members from voting in the election.

They are also alleging that results were written at the wards where primaries did not hold.

In addition the People’s Democratic Party, (PDP) gubernatorial candidate and his deputy Senators Duoye Diri and Sen. Lawrence, are also seeking the leave of the court to disqualify their APC candidates for being wrongfully nominated by their party.

In the two cases, Hon. Lyon, it was learnt, had remained very evasive also dodging court bailiffs who arrived in Yenogoa, the state capital to serve them the court processes.

The bailiff, one Mr Victor, who went to Yenagoa was directed to return to Abuja to meet them at the Nicon Luxury Hotel Area 11 on Thursday and later rerouted them to the Abuja home of the Minister of Petroleum Resounces, Chief Timipre Sylva and again they directed the bailiff to go to Yenagoa and wait for them as they could not receive it in Abuja.

Our correspondents reports that the dribbling and dodging of the bailiff has already angered the court. It was similar abuse and disregard of court processes that denied the APC fielding candidates in Rivers State in the last election and the forfeiting of Zamfara State to PDP by the ruling APC in the state.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/bayelsa-guber-apc-risks-repeat-of-rivers-zamfara-experience-as-litigations-pile-up-over-its-primaries/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by fernandez1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
When there's no unity within Nigeria......foreigners will never loved us

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Racoon(m): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
APC have notorious penchant for avoiding court summons and being selective about which court judgement to obey while claiming to be progressive. sad

The advent of these fella in our political histroy simply bastardized everything about our national life and polity.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by kingphilip(m): 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2019
No be today e start

People wey no de obey court judgement go come de show face for court?

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
Propaganda by the Useless ipob party called PDP .....

PDP is dead in Bayelsa State.... waiting for cremation.m

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by dokyOloye: 5:01am On Sep 28, 2019
No room for d poverty distribution party in Bayelsa state.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by dokyOloye: 5:04am On Sep 28, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

IPOB still de pursue you for dream?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by emmabest2000(m): 5:06am On Sep 28, 2019
Them go hearam nao

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by israelmao(m): 5:07am On Sep 28, 2019
APC is an embodiment of confusion and this speak volumes in manner with which it steers the affairs of Nigeria most especially our economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by aolawale025: 5:21am On Sep 28, 2019
Better resolved quickly.
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Validated: 5:40am On Sep 28, 2019
They should opt for substituted service. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Dannyset(m): 6:08am On Sep 28, 2019
Exam never start the wailing party don dey carry expo. grin

The election hasn't started and PDP is already shitting in its pant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by helinues: 6:29am On Sep 28, 2019
Their palava
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by contigiency(m): 6:53am On Sep 28, 2019
Yeye and make up story. The only thing I know will definitely happen is APC winning the state.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by yjgm(m): 6:59am On Sep 28, 2019
PDP trying to use the backdoor to win the election. It won't happen. Face APC square up at the polls. Let the majority of lawful votes cast and won by any party be the winner.

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by NwaBoy: 7:00am On Sep 28, 2019
You reading this post , Yes you. Do you know I have an iPhone XR and 8+ both 64GB and Chip Unlock for sale . I just knew you don't know cheesy. Well you can Call/Whatsapp me on zero803818757one for more information and pictures. cool

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Henryjr(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

How? The most annoying thing about you guys is that, u are not bayelsans neither do you resident there. Only on the internet u know the geographical area named bayelsa, yet u won't go a day without writing about bayelsa. Who killed PDP in bayelsa? A state with with one of the best political master planners in Nigeria as governor, with over 20 PDP assembly members, and high profile politicians supporting the party. For me, there is nothing new about APC to give it a leverage in the election. Timi Alaibe+ Heineken Lokpobiri+ Timipre Sylva among others still failed in 2015. In 2019, it's minus Timi Alaibe and the bitterly cheated former minister, Heineken Lokpobiri.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by icedbreez(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2019
Nonsense. Gov Dickson field an unpopular candidate and don't want to go to the battle field.
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by icedbreez(m): 7:25am On Sep 28, 2019
Henryjr:
How? The most annoying thing about you guys is that, u are not bayelsans neither do you resident there. Only on the internet u know the geographical area named bayelsa, yet u won't go a day without writing about bayelsa. Who killed PDP in bayelsa? A state with with one of the best political master planners in Nigeria as governor, with over 20 PDP assembly members, and high profile politicians supporting the party. For me, there is nothing new about APC to give it a leverage in the election. Timi Alaibe+ Heineken Lokpobiri+ Timipre Sylva among others still failed in 2015. In 2019, it's minus Timi Alaibe and the bitterly cheated former minister, Heineken Lokpobiri.

Am a bayelsan, PDP is bleeding out and dying a slow death. bad governance + bad candidate

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by kensing1046(m): 7:31am On Sep 28, 2019
wink
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Henryjr(m): 7:38am On Sep 28, 2019
icedbreez:

Am a bayelsan, PDP is bleeding out and dying a slow death. bad governance + bad candidate
and your standard of measurement for a sellable and competent governorship aspirant is one who has zero experience in public administration, one who can't address public, one who will return us to the alamco era of share the money, one who will be there as a figure and be ruled by another??

Douye is not the best, but he is better than Lyon.

Are u aware that Tonye Isenah has finally decided to concede the house of assembly speakership to someone from southern ijaw? That's how Dickson will force his way into all key members of the party n compel them to work for the party.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by AmazingELixir: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2019
grin

See dem ....APC Social media goons

NgeneUkwenu:

Dannyset:
Exam never start the wailing party don dey carry expo. grin

The election hasn't started and PDP is already shitting in its pant.

contigiency:
Yeye and make up story. The only thing I know will definitely happen is APC winning the state.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Credobee(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2019
Henryjr:
and your standard of measurement for a sellable and competent governorship aspirant is one who has zero experience in public administration, one who can't address public, one who will return us to the alamco era of share the money, one who will be there as a figure and be ruled by another??

Are u aware that Tonye Isenah has finally decided to concede the house of assembly speakership to someone from southern ijaw? That's how Dickson will force his way into all key members of the party n compel them to work for the party.
It's so sad � but its the reality......... Dickson is covering up on lost grounds on all fronts since the primaries.......... I dare say the opposition is not living up to the game........... Bayelsa is theirs for the taking but poor or lack of effective strategies in politics will make it a walk � in the park for the ruling party
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by icedbreez(m): 8:48am On Sep 28, 2019
Henryjr:

Let me school you bro.

1. Zero experience? David Lyon was Local Givt chairman of Apoi Olodiam RDA.
2. Addressing the Public? Where were u at his unveiling? Never mind he is coming to officially open his campaign office today with HE Timipre Sylva, bring along your microphone and hear him address the mammoth crowd that is sure to turn up.
3. Alamco era of share the money? On this point I feel for you because the Administration of Alamco was the best period of our fledgling state where the populist and people friendly policies of Alamco made people build houses, buy cars and hundreds of bayelsans were sent abroad on government scholarships. Cars were called pure water on the streets of yenagoa and corpers were lobbying to come and serve in bayelsa. All that ended with your tight fisted and kill joy Dickson who doesn't want anybody to be smiling...commissioners and civil servants salaries were slashed, no promotion and those already gotten were not implemented, just yesterday Friday pensioners who were crying for no payment and protesting at the govt house were roundly beaten up by the restoration goons. Honestly I can go on and on but I won't. I just for l sad for people like u who are suffering and yet smiling.
4. Douye is not the best? Yea we all know that. In fact we also know he's more tight fisted than Dickson who refused all pressure to field Ayawei because DNA will make him appeared bad so he forced in someone worse than himself.
5. Speaker resigning. Well, this more than anything confirm my assertion that PDP is bleeding out. Members are decamping everyday so you are calculating to give to speaker to obolo to stem the tide of defections, it's southern ijaw politics we are talking about bro and you know what's up. All the big players who own the river are David Lyon's boys. So don't go there,
Let me just stop. The game is up for PDP in bayelsa, Dickson killed PDP. Even GEJ don't bother to show up for meetings anymore.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by icedbreez(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2019
Henryjr:

Let me school you bro.

1. Zero experience? David Lyon was Local Govt chairman of Apoi Olodiam RDA.
2. Addressing the Public? Where were u at his unveiling? Never mind he is coming to officially open his campaign office today with HE Timipre Sylva, bring along your microphone and hear him address the mammoth crowd that is sure to turn up.
3. Alamco era of share the money? On this point I feel for you because the Administration of Alamco was the best period of our fledgling state where the populist and people friendly policies of Alamco made people build houses, buy cars and hundreds of bayelsans were sent abroad on government scholarships. Cars were called pure water on the streets of yenagoa and corpers were lobbying to come and serve in bayelsa. All that ended with your tight fisted and kill joy Dickson who doesn't want anybody to be smiling...commissioners and civil servants salaries were slashed, no promotion and those promotions already gotten were not implemented, just yesterday Friday pensioners who were crying for no payment and protesting at the govt house were roundly beaten up by the restoration goons. Honestly I can go on and on but I won't. I just feel sad for people like u who are suffering and yet smiling.
4. Douye is not the best? Yea we all know that. In fact we also know he's more tight fisted and wicked than Dickson who refused all pressure to field Ayawei because DNA will make him appeared bad so he forced in someone worse than himself.
5. Speaker resigning. Well, this more than anything confirm my assertion that PDP is bleeding out. Members are decamping everyday so you are calculating to give Speaker to Obolo to stem the tide of defections, it's southern iIjaw politics we are talking about bro and you know what's up. All the big players who own the river are David Lyon's boys. So don't go there,
Let me just stop. The game is up for PDP in bayelsa.

Dickson killed PDP. Even GEJ don't bother to show up for meetings anymore.
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Henryjr(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2019
icedbreez:

Let me school you bro.

1. Zero experience? David Lyon was Local Givt chairman of Apoi Olodiam RDA.
3. Alamco era of share the money? On this point I feel for you because the Administration of Alamco was the best period of our fledgling state where the populist and people friendly policies of Alamco made people build houses, buy cars and hundreds of bayelsans were sent abroad on government scholarships. Cars were called pure water on the streets of yenagoa and corpers were lobbying to come and serve in bayelsa. All that ended with your tight fisted and kill joy Dickson who doesn't want anybody to be smiling...commissioners and civil servants salaries were slashed, no promotion and those already gotten were not implemented, just yesterday Friday pensioners who were crying for no payment and protesting at the govt house were roundly beaten up by the restoration goons. Honestly I can go on and on but I won't. I just for l sad for people like u who are suffering and yet smiling.
4. Douye is not the best? Yea we all know that. In fact we also know he's more tight fisted than Dickson who refused all pressure to field Ayawei because DNA will make him appeared bad so he forced in someone worse than himself.
5. Speaker resigning. Well, this more than anything confirm my assertion that PDP is bleeding out. Members are decamping everyday so you are calculating to give to speaker to obolo to stem the tide of defections, it's southern ijaw politics we are talking about bro and you know what's up. All the big players who own the river are David Lyon's boys. So don't go there,
Let me just stop. The game is up for PDP in bayelsa, Dickson killed PDP. Even GEJ don't bother to show up for meetings anymore.
In as much as Timi Alaibe, DNA, Osaisai, Keniebi Okoko, Reuben Okoya et al who expended so much resources and yet lose the ticket has not decamped, I see no reason to worry about decamping! After all, decamping was inevitable after the primaries in every political setting. People like Joshua Maciver who promised to decamp if the ticket is not given to him will not be seen as loss to the party. I'm not a member of PDP, but I have a strong conviction that the so called APC candidate is not ready for governance, he has no plans and economic blueprint. My preferred person was Alaibe, but since he is no longer available I have to support d best among the two almost equally bad candidates. Talking about GEJ, his political influence and popularity in bayelsa is near zero.......

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by JimohMomoh: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2019
icedbreez:

Let me school you bro.

1. Zero experience? David Lyon was Local Govt chairman of Apoi Olodiam RDA.
3. Alamco era of share the money? On this point I feel for you because the Administration of Alamco was the best period of our fledgling state where the populist and people friendly policies of Alamco made people build houses, buy cars and hundreds of bayelsans were sent abroad on government scholarships. Cars were called pure water on the streets of yenagoa and corpers were lobbying to come and serve in bayelsa. All that ended with your tight fisted and kill joy Dickson who doesn't want anybody to be smiling...commissioners and civil servants salaries were slashed, no promotion and those promotions already gotten were not implemented, just yesterday Friday pensioners who were crying for no payment and protesting at the govt house were roundly beaten up by the restoration goons. Honestly I can go on and on but I won't. I just feel sad for people like u who are suffering and yet smiling.
4. Douye is not the best? Yea we all know that. In fact we also know he's more tight fisted and wicked than Dickson who refused all pressure to field Ayawei because DNA will make him appeared bad so he forced in someone worse than himself.
5. Speaker resigning. Well, this more than anything confirm my assertion that PDP is bleeding out. Members are decamping everyday so you are calculating to give Speaker to Obolo to stem the tide of defections, it's southern iIjaw politics we are talking about bro and you know what's up. All the big players who own the river are David Lyon's boys. So don't go there,
Let me just stop. The game is up for PDP in bayelsa.

Dickson killed PDP. Even GEJ don't bother to show up for meetings anymore.

You really made some good points, it's a pity Bayelsans only have two options (pdp & apc) because of the money both party possesses.

The ruling party pdp seems to be power drunk and taking the people for granted.
As it stands people may decide to vote for the devil (literally speaking) just to prove a point.

These same scenario made pdp loose Kogi and Imo State in 2015 to APC and APGA respectively.
But at the end it is the voters(ordinary Nigerians) that suffers because they have just 2 options.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by MarkudiRITA(f): 10:48am On Sep 28, 2019
O dear, so Heineken Lokpobiri lost in the APC primaries after resigning as a minister.
They should compensate him with the jewelries seized from Madueke for him not to decamp or work against the party.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by akdjr(m): 10:49am On Sep 28, 2019
When the verdict was delivered in the case of zamfara, nobody accuse Buhari of controlling the judiciary rather the same people who couldn't get judgement in their favour as result of collation of results from likes and share they got from Nairaland and other social media have suddenly started accusing Buhari of controlling the judiciary.
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Younghacka(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
APC Is Just Like ''Fuji House Of Commotion''.
They Have A Strong Disdain For Due Process, So I'm Not Surprised.
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Wikerised(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2019
Their party, their wahala
Re: Bayelsa Guber: APC Risks Repeat Of Rivers, Zamfara Crisis As Litigations Pile Up by Papus247: 2:51am On Oct 05, 2019
After every political party primaries in Nigeria, those who are not satisfied with the outcome thereof always cross carpet to other parties which they envision could serve their parochial needs which the colour with altruism. That is a National Political Culture in Nigeria. Recent histories attest to this. Why should the various events in Bayelsa State political parties primaries point to the death of a political party in Bayelsa as some are claiming here? Such claim, among other things borders on shallow political observation which is not supposed to be the case.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi's Wife And Children:simplicity Runs In The Family. / President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating / Fbi Closing In On The Bomb Blast Suspects/sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.