Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches (2735 Views)

Names Of Chelsea Coaches Sacked Under Roman Abramovich / Coaches Who Should Be Sacked. / Your Preferred Epl Fourth Place Finisher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by rasputinn(m): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2010
Who is/are your preferred coach(s) in the English premier league.Adduce your reason(s) for any/all of your choice(s)
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by rasputinn(m): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2010
(1)Arsene Wenger
(2)Alex Ferguson
(3)David Moyes

I go with Arsene Wenger
His man management skills and technical nous are off the hinges.Plus he's the best at spotting and grooming young talents
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by Adonike(m): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2010
1. Amodu Shuai
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by tkb417(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2010
rasputinn:

(1)Arsene Wenger
(2)Alex Ferguson
(3)David Moyes

I go with Arsene Wenger
His man management skills and technical nous are off the hinges.Plus he's the best at spotting and grooming young talents

i see

sir alex spot, groom young talents and win trophies with them

now you can spot the difference between Arsene and SAF
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by olabukola: 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
rasputinn:

(1)Arsene Wenger
(2)Alex Ferguson
(3)David Moyes

I go with Arsene Wenger

You don see person wey talk say em mama soup no sweet b4? After dusting carbinet that resulted in volcanic eruption, he is still the best. Now report has it that paul the octopus laffed to death after being asked when arsenal and wenger will clinch the CL tittle.
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by ochocinco1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2010
They might not survive in the league, but Ian Holloway has shown a huge pair of iron balls. I doff my hat to him.

That he has stuck to playing on the front foot when the whole world (SA 2010) seems to want to kill the game by being ultradefensive, he deserves all the kudos he has gotten and hopefully will get.

I hate his team but Fergie gets mad props for the same reason as does David Moyes.

Now. Please someone should kill Mancini,
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by medjai(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2010
1.Arsene Wenger: To me he is one of the best coaches in the world. He is that coach that can handle, say Blackburn today and without any signing and they'll challenge for the title. He is that good. Awesome man management skills, tactically and technically infallible, incredible ability to spot and groom young lads into world beaters and his attacking football brand. Wenger is just a genius.
2. Steve Bruce: Another very good manager. Saved Birmingham from relegation and went ahead to transform Wigan into a decent mid table side. He's also not done bad at Sunderland. He is also a wise spender. Signed Christophe Duggary for cheap and he later turned out to be Birmigham's saviour. He bought Palacios for £1m and sold him to Spurs for £15m. He's also brought through the likes of Rodallega, Figueroa, Cattermole and a couple of other good players.
3. Roberto Di Matteo: I just love the way West Brom play; fantastic passing game.
I dont really rate Fergie that high. Behind his success has been sooo much money and time.
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^ A good manager should have won at least one European title in almost 30 yrs
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by tkb417(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2010
I dont really rate Fergie that high. Behind his success has been sooo much money and time.
so much money?  like the signing of Berbatov , Veron, Rio, Stam are the reasons he won all the epl titles and the 2 ucl titles?

some questions for you

how much did he have when he won an european title with Aberdeen?

and what was UTDs pedigree in England b4 SAF took over?

Do you know how many League titles Liverpool garnered b4 SAF took over?

what about his exploits at the lowly St. Mirren?

FACTS say he has european titles in all the clubs he has coached apart from St. Mirren

tell us the european title Wenger has from all his sojourn in coaching
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2010
1. Carlo Ancelotti - 2 CL titles in 5 yrs time frame.

2 Faggotson - 2 CL titles in 10yrs time frame

3 - None.

Worst coach

Assene wenGAY - 30yrs No CL trophy, 5 yrs trophyless

Which form of continental success can be given to wenGAY after almost 30yrs as a coach.
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
@dayokanu,
I think I'm entitled to agree with you,because Unlike player comparisons,this has a lot to do with titles won.Therefore,on that basis,
What is David Moyes doing in this list?
And Arsene Wenger can't be doing anything on this list either,because after14 years at Arsenal,he can't boast of winning a European title,placing him at par with someone like Martin O'Neal.
Jose Mourinho,Sir Alex Ferguson,Carlo Ancelotti,Rafa Benitez.
Anyone outside this list is a travesty.
@medjai,
please revisit your post.How you will rate Steve Bruce over Sir Alex Ferguson is beyond me especially if you think Bruce has been spending lots of cash over the past two summers and has nothing to show for it.
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^ Does this involve ex EPL coaches?

Cos I would include Mourinho, Benitez and Juande ramos
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by denzel2009: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2010
I dont know why peeps keep saying Wenger is the best coach in the world. He is quite deceptive IMHO.By January,his usual excuses will surface again.

@Post
Ferguson
Ancelloti
The wolf @Wolves
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by medjai(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
dayokanu:

1. Carlo Ancelotti - 2 CL titles in 5 yrs time frame.

2 Faggotson - 2 CL titles in 10yrs time frame

3 - None.

Worst coach

Assene wenGAY - 30yrs No CL trophy, 5 yrs trophyless

Which form of continental success can be given to wenGAY after almost 30yrs as a coach.
It is easy to do well at a big club. AC Milan have always been a big club. Carlotti won 2 UCL titles with Milan, would he have been able to do the same at Leece for instance?
What was Arsenal before Wenger? There were tagged the most boring team to watch in the EPL. Wenger came and transformed Arsenal into one of the most feared teams in Europe. He has led Arsenal to the finals of two European competitions(UEFA Cup and Champions League) and done so by playing an aesthetically appealing style of football that has awe-stricken the entire footballing world. He has also groomed some of the finest players the world have ever seen. The likes of Viera, Henry, Anelka, Fabregas, Ashley Cole, etc and transformed Arsenal into one of the richest and most profitable clubs in Europe. He has done all these with very little money spent and adopted a financial style that has become a model to all clubs in Europe. And you say Wenger isnt good
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2010
medjai:

It is easy to do well at a big club. AC Milan have always been a big club. Carlotti won 2 UCL titles with Milan, would he have been able to do the same at Leece for instance?
What was Arsenal before Wenger? There were tagged the most boring team to watch in the EPL. Wenger came and transformed Arsenal into one of the most feared teams in Europe. He has led Arsenal to the finals of two European competitions(UEFA Cup and Champions League) and done so by playing an aesthetically appealing style of football that has awe-stricken the entire footballing world. He has also groomed some of the finest players the world have ever seen. The likes of Viera, Henry, Anelka, Fabregas, Ashley Cole, etc and transformed Arsenal into one of the richest and most profitable clubs in Europe. He has done all these with very little money spent and adopted a financial style that has become a model to all clubs in Europe. And you say Wenger isnt good

Before carlo Ancelotti won in 2003 Milan hasnt won anything in Europe for almost a decade. In between they were often as low as coming last in a CL group or not even qualifying Despite having players like Weah, Bierrhoff, Maldini, Albertini etc,

Carlo revitalised Milan.

Where was Arsenal before wenGAY? Obviously you dont know your footie. Arsenal just won the UEFA cup and lost another final to a Nayim supergoal vs Zaragoza.

Arsene came in and 14yrs later they have only played the CL final once, UEFA cup once. Infact in 14yrs of wenger at Arsenal he has only played CL semi finals twice.

Tell me any other top coach with such an abysmal record. 0 trophy, 1 final and 2 semis.

Arsene took a UEFA cup winner to 14yrs without winning anything in Europe.
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by rasputinn(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ Does this involve ex EPL coaches?

Cos I would include Mourinho, Benitez and Juande ramos

No.
There're enough coaches in thne EPL to name and take digs/swipes at
Or are you trying to smuggle in coaches in Germany through the back door?
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by medjai(m): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Before carlo Ancelotti won in 2003 Milan hasnt won anything in Europe for almost a decade. In between they were often as low as coming last in a CL group or not even qualifying Despite having players like Weah, Bierrhoff, Maldini, Albertini etc,

Carlo revitalised Milan.

Where was Arsenal before wenGAY? Obviously you dont know your footie. Arsenal just won the UEFA cup and lost another final to a Nayim supergoal vs Zaragoza.

Arsene came in and 14yrs later they have only played the CL final once, UEFA cup once. Infact in 14yrs of wenger at Arsenal he has only played CL semi finals twice.

Tell me any other top coach with such an abysmal record. 0 trophy, 1 final and 2 semis.

Arsene took a UEFA cup winner to 14yrs without winning anything in Europe.

why didnt Arsenal play in the champions league final before Wenger if they were so good? They wont have smelt a CL final if not for Wenger. Does winning the UEFA Cup make the likes of Shaktar, Zenith or Atletico teams to reckon with in Europe?
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by medjai(m): 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2010
tkb417:

so much money?  like the signing of Berbatov , Veron, Rio, Stam are the reasons he won all the epl titles and the 2 ucl titles?

some questions for you

how much did he have when he won an european title with Aberdeen?

and what was UTDs pedigree in England b4 SAF took over?

Do you know how many League titles Liverpool garnered b4 SAF took over?

what about his exploits at the lowly St. Mirren?

FACTS say he has european titles in all the clubs he has coached apart from St. Mirren

tell us the european title Wenger has from all his sojourn in coaching

wasnt Dwight Yorke's signing a British transfer record?
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2010
medjai:

why didnt Arsenal play in the champions league final before Wenger if they were so good? They wont have smelt a CL final if not for Wenger. Does winning the UEFA Cup make the likes of Shaktar, Zenith or Atletico teams to reckon with in Europe?

Be smart.

Pre wenger only 1 team represents the country. If that rule was still in place, Arsenal would have featured in the CL 3 times in the last 14yrs.

That would have been CL 1999, where they were booted out at group stage. CL 2003 where they were booted out at Group stage and CL 2005 where Bayern mauled them in the second round.

Tell me what wenger has achieved in almost 30yrs of coaching and 14yrs in England that qualifies him as a top coach
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by rasputinn(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Cos I would include Mourinho,

In so many ways,to me Jose Mourinho has got to be the best coach in the world at present
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by medjai(m): 11:57pm On Nov 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Be smart.

Pre wenger only 1 team represents the country. If that rule was still in place, Arsenal would have featured in the CL 3 times in the last 14yrs.

That would have been CL 1999, where they were booted out at group stage. CL 2003 where they were booted out at Group stage and CL 2005 where Bayern mauled them in the second round.

Tell me what wenger has achieved in almost 30yrs of coaching and 14yrs in England that qualifies him as a top coach

men, na Wenger luck shine now. LOL. I know EPL and other major leagues once had 3 teams playing in the UCL before it was increased to 4 as we have now. I never knew of a time when EPL had only team representing it in the UCL. Wenger is a world class coach. How many managers have been able to go a season without losing a game or go on an unbeaten run of 49 games? Arsenal were average before Wenger, whatever European cup they won notwithstanding. Chelsea also won a UEFA Cup Winners Cup back in the days and couldnt make a headway until Abrahamovic's revolution. Pre Wenger Arsenal and the current Arsenal are world's apart
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by dayokanu(m): 12:13am On Nov 04, 2010
All those pre wenger times, All the leagues were sending 1 rep each and it was only the champion who went.

Wenger is a world class coach. How many managers have been able to go a season without losing a game or go on an unbeaten run of 49 games? Arsenal were average before Wenger, whatever European cup they won notwithstanding. Chelsea also won a UEFA Cup Winners Cup back in the days and couldnt make a headway until Abrahamovic's revolution. Pre Wenger Arsenal and the current Arsenal are world's apart

WHose business is it if you went a season unbeaten? What matters is what trophy you are able to win.

When Steau Bucharest went unbeaten for 2 seasons they won Champions Cup in 1985, When AC Milan went unbeaten they won Champions league, When PSV/Ajax went unbeaten, they won CL. Real Madrid lost Home and away to Bayern in 2000 and won the CL, Same with Inter last season Who scrapped through the group stages

Wenger went unbeaten and was humiliated by Tinkerman Ranieri in the Champions League.

How can a club who played back to back UEFA cup finals be average?.

Can we say Valecia of 2000-2001, Sevilla 2005 to 2006, Man Utd 2008-2009 are also average?

Isnt it ridiculous? You sef think am A club with back to back European final is average but a club who has made 2 semi finals in 14yrs is top class?

In the same time Arsene was in Arsenal ferguson has won the league 9 times in 14 yrs, Mourinho won 2 in 3 years Wenger won 3 in 14 yrs yet he is world class to you

I have never seen logic being this much inverted.

You mentioned Chelsea? Compare that to Arsenal. Chelsea didnt play back to back European final, Chelsea didnt win the league for 50yrs pre Abramovic. How does that compare to Arsenal pre- Wenger who played 2 European finals and won the league

Sure Arsenal pre-Wenger and this one are a world apart. Arsenal of then were European contenders, this current one is on their 5th trophyless season
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by emibros: 1:40am On Nov 04, 2010
For me are (1) big sam allardyce did w0nders with bolt0n t0ok them 2 two eur0pean sp0t c0nsecutively,g0t to the finals of the carling cup in 2004/05 seas0n but anelka 4rm fenarbache 4 2.5 and s0ld him 2 chelsea 4 15 milli p0unds. (2) harry rednap w0n d f.a with p0rstm0uth and took tottenham to the champ league and they r d0in fine at d m0ment ! And he has the best left back at the m0mment which is gareth bale! (3) owen c0yle of bolt0n wanderer,buh be4 c0ming 2 bolt0n he took relatively unkn0wn bunley to the semifinals of the fa cups in 2008 beating man u,chelsea and liverp0ol in a r0w.he br0ught bunley back 2 the premiership in abt 40yrs,he left d club dis january,and d club went to relegati0n instantly,sh0ws u d quality he has as a gaffer back in bunley. this man is too much jawe, i see him d0in w0nders for bolt0n fc !
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by rasputinn(m): 6:44am On Nov 04, 2010
^^^
I like your post jawe wink wink
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by Seun(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2010
Why not top 3 coaches in the world?
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by khattab008: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2010
1 Harry Rednapp
2 Carlo Ancelloti
3 Steve Bruce
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by rasputinn(m): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2010
khattab008:

1 Harry Rednapp
2 Carlo Ancelloti
3 Steve Bruce

Wow
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by chic2pimp(m): 12:32am On Nov 06, 2010
dayokanu:

Carlo revitalised Milan.
You beat me to it. I was about to reply his post. Milan Fans would have Carlo back in a heart beat.

medjai:

men, na Wenger luck shine now. LOL. I know EPL and other major leagues once had 3 teams playing in the UCL before it was increased to 4 as we have now. I never knew of a time when EPL had only team representing it in the UCL. Wenger is a world class coach. How many managers have been able to go a season without losing a game or go on an unbeaten run of 49 games? Arsenal were average before Wenger, whatever European cup they won notwithstanding. Chelsea also won a UEFA Cup Winners Cup back in the days and couldnt make a headway until Abrahamovic's revolution. Pre Wenger Arsenal and the current Arsenal are world's apart
How So?
George Graham's team had probably the greatest ever Back 5 in English football history, yet you call em' Average. I guess you and I must have different definitions of the word 'Average'
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by Tunsbobo(m): 9:49am On Nov 08, 2010
There is no doubt that Arsene wenger is the best coach in England. Alex Ferguson is nos 2 while Henry Redknapp is nos 3.
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by Basics007: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2010
1. Owen Coyle. I love the way Bolton plays beautiful football these days. He turned them from that ruff riders of Sam Alladyce days to smooth operators. Anyone can watch them and confirm
2. Tony Pulis. Everyone taught Stoke City will last only a season in the premiership yet 3reasons on they are still there and kicking butts as well
3. Harry Redknapp. Cos am a Spurs fan
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by MrTA(m): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2010
Tunsbobo:

There is no doubt that Arsene wenger is the best coach in England. Alex Ferguson is nos 2 while Henry Redknapp is nos 3.
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahah.

Wenger the best coach grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Preferred Top Three Epl Coaches by dayokanu(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2010
^^ Make i join you laff

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wenGAY best coach after 5yrs trophyless and almost 30yrs without European trophy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

West Bromwich Albion Vs Arsenal [2 - 2] On Saturday 19th March 2011 / Barcelona Vs Rayo Vallecano (4 - 0) On Tuesday 29th November 2011 / After Loss To Arsenal, Barca Fan Hugs Transformer (pic Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.