Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State (10181 Views)

Edo State Government Releases New Emergency Numbers (112 & 739) / Senate Passes 112 Toll-Free National Emergency Number, Awaiting Buhari’s Assent / Akwa Ibom State Government Commissions New Emergency Operations Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by CallMeDrino: 3:02am On Oct 01, 2019
The Nigerian communication Commission (NCC) has approved 615 as the new Emergency Security Number in Oyo state.

This was made known in a statement personally signed and released via Governor Makinde’s official Twitter account on Monday.

AskariFamily recalls that in August, Governor Makinde met with representatives of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), led by the Head, Emergency Communication Centre, Mr Mohammed L. Ibrahim.

It was gathered that the visit was to intimate on the NCC's activities in Oyo State, which hosts one of the six zonal offices in Nigeria.

Disclosing the details of the meeting, the governor said; “We spoke about productive collaboration between the NCC and Oyo State as a stakeholder. I was particularly interested in having a more effective emergency communication centre in Ibadan.”

According to the statement, the emergency security number is toll free for all citizens and residents of the Pace setter state.

The statement read; “As part of our plans to have a more effective communications centre in Oyo State, the Nigerian Communications Commission has launched 615 as the new Emergency Security Number in Oyo State.

“The Emergency Security Number is toll free.”

https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1178674454517424130?s=19

https://askarifamily.com/2019/10/01/oyo-govt-ncc-launches-615-as-new-emergency-number-in-oyo-state/

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Switruth: 3:11am On Oct 01, 2019
Good one there but I pray the emergency number works. He is not the first person to initiate this. Even the entire Nigeria security structure anytime they bring out emergency numbers it doesn’t work. Good one there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Sunnybabe(m): 4:37am On Oct 01, 2019
wehdone seyi..... more grease to ur elbow

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Sunnybabe(m): 4:37am On Oct 01, 2019
wehdone seyi..... more grease to ur elbow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 01, 2019
Watch as imbe abuse da number. A supposed sane human will be dialling and playing with the number and therefore jeopardising the real serious callers.

I think 40% of Nigerians got some mental sha.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by seunmohmoh(f): 4:38am On Oct 01, 2019
We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by gboyetade: 4:39am On Oct 01, 2019
Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by mamaafrik(m): 4:40am On Oct 01, 2019
Makinde the master stroke,i tell people vote for people not party,na why they don't perform

9 Likes

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Mayflowa(m): 4:42am On Oct 01, 2019
State response is faster and more effective. Going forward, Nigeria should start thinking of having State police and Local government police. I do not understand why we would continue to hold on to strategy that has failed. No development without security. Approve State Police!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Royalfurnitures: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2019
Will it function or be another version of 999,199,etc

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by ArmaniUhuru: 4:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Grin grin grin

Agent: hello, who’s on the line?

Caller: e Kaaro, my name is mr Olalekan Kazeem Adepoju.

Agent: how may we help you?

Caller: Someone just called me that he saw my wife Iya Busayo with my friend Baba Adejumo around Dugbe. Jowo sir, help me confirm if they are inside shoprite.

Agent:

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by uniqUN(m): 5:09am On Oct 01, 2019
Wow. I'm so impressed with this guy. If only half the country's governors are like him. I hope he continues at this pace because he must also be a dogged fighter for him to be doing all these things against the "cabals" wish. Big ups my man. You truly are living up to your state motto. The pacesetter state. You lead, others will follow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by amiibaby(f): 5:11am On Oct 01, 2019
That’s good

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by saheedbadmus(m): 5:18am On Oct 01, 2019
Nice one mr Makinde.m

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Larryallovernig: 5:20am On Oct 01, 2019
Ok.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by biztime334(m): 5:20am On Oct 01, 2019
One question, will it work .

Let me ask fellow Nigerians, have you ever dialled 999

Meanwhile,
1. SHIP FROM CHINA TO NIGERIA,
Get the fastest and cheapest freight rate from us.
We deliver goods to Lagos, PH, Enugu, Onitsha,, Abuja, Kaduna, Owerri, Calabar, Kano etc.
2. MAKE PAYMENTS TO YOUR CHINESE SUPPLIERS IN 2 DAYS.
We will help you to pay your supplier in China in just 2days, not weeks or months through bank and other processes.
WORLDTRANS LOGISTICS
Whatsapp no. 081 01509439

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Exc2000: 5:21am On Oct 01, 2019
grin

Joke of the century

Police station in the state dont have opreational vehicles, in NewGbagi Egbeda Police Station, if you need the services of a police in your area, you have to pay them money to chater micra or taxi before they would come

Each serious Governor buys patrol vehicles for the police as part of their hundred days in office and comitment to secuirity, makinde didnt buy even keke marwa for them, now he has brought a new clout chasing scam number to get his Online Dunce talking..

He should first buy the police atleast innosun vehicles like other PDP governors and stop chasing cheap attention with petty strategy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by lyriclekidd(m): 5:21am On Oct 01, 2019
Nice one
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 01, 2019
When you have a sound, smart and very educated governor.

Get your verified WeChat and Alipay wallet with us.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by abkrgumel(m): 5:33am On Oct 01, 2019
Good but why
Why different number than default 112
So someone from Enugu visit Oyo for the first time how can he know 615

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Binikingdowm: 5:33am On Oct 01, 2019
correctguy0900:
Watch as imbe abuse da number. A supposed sane human will be dialling and playing with the number and therefore jeopardising the real serious callers.

70% of Nigerians have mental problem

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by abkrgumel(m): 5:39am On Oct 01, 2019
correctguy0900:

This happened everywhere even in states. The dispatchers are trained to detect this and fined those who do it unless they are little
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by ikorodureporta: 5:45am On Oct 01, 2019
some ppl go dey lag now dey make prank calls
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Ritelar: 5:46am On Oct 01, 2019
Una try well well
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by AgreatMan: 5:47am On Oct 01, 2019
Exc2000:
grin

Joke of the century

Police station in the state dont have opreational vehicles, in NewGbagi Egbeda Police Station, if you need the services of a police in your area, you have to pay them money to chater micra or taxi before they would come

Each serious Governor buys patrol vehicles for the police as part of their hundred days in office and comitment to secuirity, makinde didnt buy even keke marwa for them, now he has brought a new clout chasing scam number to get his Online Dunce talking..

He should first buy the police atleast innosun vehicles like other PDP governors and stop chasing cheap attention with petty strategy

He already approved the acquisition of 100 Kia vehicles at 8.3 million each. The contract was all in the papers, no contract inflation.

Secondly, all SW governor's will contribute 20 armored vehicle for security in the region.

All workers are paid on 25th. Last time I was on the radio and passing through ibadan, the issue of minimum wage was being discussed. The popular opinion of the people was like "you know what, maybe this 30k is a huge burden on you, just keep paying us at 25th."

And why should any sane human buy an innoson?
1. A vehicle with no history of reliability. 2. Innoson has not released a single video of his car in a crash test.
3. No safety rating.
4. No guarantee that the airbag will deploy in a crash.
5. Marketing is non existent.
6. I can even bet the cars probably don't come with a warranty or free servicing for 5 years.

Give innoson 10 years, let's see how he will perform, after all Rome was not built in a day.

You don't insult or blackmail people into buying your product. Why should anyone buy innoson just for patriotism?

What's so special about 100 days in office that each governor now needs to roll out the drums?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by straighttalk(m): 5:50am On Oct 01, 2019
Early Gragraa
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by laurel03(m): 5:53am On Oct 01, 2019
Exc2000:
grin

Joke of the century

media attention too much for this GSM government nothing really diff in Oyo aside salary payment which Arrogant Ajimobi also paid initially. GSM leave media government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by water2wine: 5:53am On Oct 01, 2019
Can we just have one number that cuts across all the state of the federation?

Different states with different numbers? While the act is commendable, we need try to bring everything together...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Exc2000: 5:59am On Oct 01, 2019
laurel03:
media attention too much for this GSM government nothing really diff in Oyo aside salary payment which Arrogant Ajimobi also paid initially. GSM leave media government

Ajimobi once paid 13 months salary, before his rascality started showing.... I hope to see Mr Makinde get Busy with Real Governance and let see concrete infrastrucures springing up
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by briggson07(m): 6:03am On Oct 01, 2019
Is it uSeful at all

Whistles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by martowskin1(m): 6:06am On Oct 01, 2019
Mayflowa:
State response is faster and more effective. Going forward, Nigeria should start thinking of having State police and Local government police. I do not understand why we would continue to hold on to strategy that has failed. No development without security. Approve State Police!

this is the reason we talk about restructuring, this is the reason we talk about true federalism, but when we keep saying this things, una go call us children of hate, una go turn am to PDP and APC war.

we cant keep doing same thing and expect different result ... 16yrs we did same thing, APC came using same formula, the result wont change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano: No Aspirant Contested Makoda LG Assembly Seat Under PDP / Sincere Apology To PDP Members( Thanks for Acceptance) / I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.