Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? (35982 Views)

Mum That Always Scared Of Snake Finally Killed One / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Matured advice please.....

Ever since i was small my mum have always have this unpleasant smell.she baths often but this smell have choose to not go away, i heard she got an infection after a miscarriage because we do discuss it amongst ourselves,we her children. The smell comes from her private and i dont know if she is aware of it. She baths often but after sometime the smell starts again.

She came to my house for visit and i was embarrassed when my husband passed and was asking what was stinking up the kids room, i know it was my mum but i told him something else.

She is someone that always like tying wrapper without any under and you can imagine how it is.

I dont want to embarrass but i know it has always been an issue with my dad(they have seperate room coz of this).she get angry easy too but i really have to.

Ps she has treated infection often and on but this smell is what i dont understand.doctors should help too.
Why is it that the smell refuse to go away because she bathes morning and night(rule while growing up in our house)

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Richy4(m): 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
It's not an issue of bathing.. I guess it's internal.. If u wanna help her, Then do all the research that u have to do on your own ... Consult a doctor about it.. Then when the time comes for her to meet the doctor that you have consulted one on one, U go through your dad. Since u can't say it, but your dad can.. It will be easier that way..

252 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Now she is visiting i want to do treat it,my dad is the last person she will listen to because she will see it as insult(always cat and dog) .

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
Does it smell like rotten fish? Answer and il advice further

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Richy4(m): 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
Respeckk:
Now she is visiting i want to do treat it,my dad is the last person she will listen to because she will see it as insult(always cat and dog) .

So who does she listened to in the family?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
Abeg call family meeting & tell her. But u need to get a doctor advise not nairaland doctor oh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
Richy4:

So who does she listened to in the family?
I alone,but its just too sensitive a topic dont want to sound insulting,evrything is a trigger.

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
HRHQueenPhil:
Abeg call family meeting & tell her. But u need to get a doctor advise not nairaland doctor oh

Family meeting would involve 9 people oooo

48 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by zeb04(f): 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2019
Respeckk:

Family meeting would involve 9 people oooo
no. Dont call a family meeting.

Take her to see a doctor but speak to the doctor first before the scheduled meeting.

An incomplete miscarriage can cause serious bacteria infection and i guess that is where the smell is coming from.

She needs to do a scan first and then the doctor will know what to do.

185 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Richy4(m): 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Respeckk:

I alone,but its just too sensitive a topic dont want to sound insulting,evrything is a trigger.

I can imagine.. I wish I could tell you a creative way to start the topic.This one pass me. But Don't lose hope. first find a doctor that will be willing to help... the rest will follow. You can probably get drunk one day or fake being drunk and say what your intentions are

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by armyofone(m): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sit with your mom and start a gist then tell her. Also add that you have decided she see an Obgyn doctor and you will be paying for it. Make sure you do the rest - paying for treatment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Take her to the hospital for general body checkup as per her age.

Tell the doctor forehand and then take it from there.

297 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by yvelchstores(f): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
This is strange. I am guessing there will be a discharge as well to warrant the smell. Doctors, what could cause this? Is it spiritual?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Kerosene: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
bukatyne:
Take her to the hospital for general body checkup as per her age.

Tell the doctor forehand and then take it from there.

I suggest you go this route.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by thorpido(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
The most likely cause of that smell is bacterial vaginosis,an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina.
It has been chronic I guess because it was not treated from inception.

Take your mom to see a gynae.You may not tell your mom anything but you can hint the doctor why you came.
She will need to do some tests which could include a vaginal swab test and urine mcs.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by oweniwe(m): 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
Respeckk

She most likely has VVF

Vesicovaginal fistula, or VVF, is an abnormal fistulous tract extending between the bladder (vesica) and the vagina that allows the continuous involuntary discharge of urine into the vaginal vault.

Vesico-vaginal fistula is a serious disability that can be experienced by women after childbirth. It is defined as a hole that develops between the vagina and the bladder, resulting in uncontrollable leaking of urine through the vagina.

The most common cause of vesico-vaginal fistula is obstructed labor, early marriage, poverty, and women's limited control over the use of family resources.

Women and girls with this disability are often abandoned by their husbands and isolated from the community due to the smell and associated shame of urine leakage.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by nabegibeg: 12:19am On Oct 02, 2019
Respeckk:
Matured advice please.....

Ever since i was small my mum have always have this unpleasant smell.she baths often but this smell have choose to not go away, i heard she got an infection after a miscarriage because we do discuss it amongst ourselves,we her children. The smell comes from her private and i dont know if she is aware of it. She baths often but after sometime the smell starts again.

She came to my house for visit and i was embarrassed when my husband passed and was asking what was stinking up the kids room, i know it was my mum but i told him something else.

She is someone that always like tying wrapper without any under and you can imagine how it is.

I dont want to embarrass but i know it has always been an issue with my dad(they have seperate room coz of this).she get angry easy too but i really have to.

Ps she has treated infection often and on but this smell is what i dont understand.doctors should help too.
Why is it that the smell refuse to go away because she bathes morning and night(rule while growing up in our house)

The same way you will tell her that you have got a job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 02, 2019
Na you know how una family be and na you suppose know how to tell her,

If she's my mum, I know how to tell her without annoying/insulting her

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 02, 2019
You can have this mother-daughter conversation with her, make her understand and make sure she's in a good mood anytime you want to converse with her

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by EggSauce(m): 12:21am On Oct 02, 2019
It's spiritual and needs spiritual method to tackle it... Take to a Very potent babalawo... Some herbs will be given to you to boil... Once the herbs has boiled u pour it inside a bucket Which she'll sit on it and all the steam of the herb's will go indirectly into her vigina and destroy everything..she will also drink some.

I can direct you to a man that deal with herbal care in Kaduna state (not babalawo) he has a office where he operates and registered with the government... Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by zimakod(m): 12:21am On Oct 02, 2019
Let her know , then tell her to visit the hospital.
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by iamawara(m): 12:21am On Oct 02, 2019
Wow. this is strange. I almost bashed you when I saw the post tittle.

Pls take mommy to the hospital. She is your mom And i am sure your dad must have told her about the smell. She is aware of it. There is nothing like " embarrassment " here. Discuss it with her and take her to the hospital for check up. I don't know how close you are to your mom, but I see nothing wrong in telling her.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by AntiWailer: 12:21am On Oct 02, 2019
Buy her deodorants.

While u look for the solution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by seunmohmoh(f): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2019
See a gynecologist, they will know what to do. I pray she's cured.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by lyriclekidd(m): 12:23am On Oct 02, 2019
Okay
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by chigoziri2403(m): 12:24am On Oct 02, 2019
shocked
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by pocohantas(f): 12:24am On Oct 02, 2019
thorpido:
The most likely cause of that smell is bacterial vaginosis,an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina.
It has been chronic I guess because it was not treated from inception.

Take your mom to see a gynae.You may not tell your mom anything but you can hint the doctor why you came.
She will need to do some tests which could include a vaginal swab test and urine mcs.

Nawa!!
Problem dey this world o.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by strangest(m): 12:24am On Oct 02, 2019
by buying her a container of perfume

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) / The Only Cure For HIV / Things You Should Start Doing To Live Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.