Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... (2412 Views)

Send This To Your Ex And She May Actually Have A Rethink / Damn! I Just Saw My Ex, And The Guy Is Still Alive!!... / 9 Ways To Fraustrate Your EX And Make Them Regret Leaving You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by boogie(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2005
Chance meeting with your ex and your former best friend.

How would you react if you visited one of your best friends who you had lost contact with and found him/her married to your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend and both of them did not know you knew the other before?
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by mosiate(f): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2005
i can think of what to do now.this is serious
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Vieira(m): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2005
boogie:

how would you react if you visited one of your best friends who you had lost contact with and found him/her married to your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend and both of them did not know you knew the other before.??

Just be surprised and that's all. I have firends who I later found out dated my exs' no biggie they both did not know so why should it be any issue.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2005
I concur. I do not think it is an issue.

Where does the idea that your close friend or relative must not go out with your ex-boyfriend or ex-boyfriend come from?
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by IAH(f): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2005
If it involves sexual relationship, then it won't be too nice for two close friends or relatives to have shared the same guy/girl before.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by boogie(m): 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2005
i guess whats most important will be ensuring that both of them know what transpired before or your subsequent visits may be mis-interpreted and could put lots of strain on everybody. you may also need to ask from the current man in the relationship if future visits will be welcome at all!!!!!
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by legs(f): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2005
i dont understand why people try to act all formal even on an anonymous forum ... it would be a very awkward meeting cos you would be really self-conscious not like there are hard feelings but thats an experience i can do without.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Vieira(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2005
legs why would you be self conscious?

I tend to part on good terms with all my exes and I have met many of them later on and one of them was dating a guy I knew as well and we were all surprised that we knew each other but I was not bugged one bit.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Seun(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2005
IAH: If it involves sexual relationship, then it won't be too nice for two close friends or relatives to have shared the same guy/girl before.
That is why some of us are campaigning against premarital sex. It makes things too complicated. It makes heartbreak inevitable.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Angelgal(f): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2005
Here we go again.....
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Seun(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2005
My lips are sealed! grin
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by legs(f): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2005
i like my business to be my business, if something has been left behind in my past i generally like it to stay there
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by IAH(f): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2005
Seun:

IAH: If it involves sexual relationship, then it won't be too nice for two close friends or relatives to have shared the same guy/girl before.
That is why some of us are campaigning against premarital sex. It makes things too complicated. It makes heartbreak inevitable.

I am also a supporter of "NO SEX B4 MARRIAGE"
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by hotangel2(f): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2005
I will be like shocked. And then i will be like , and then i will cry, and the get over it and cheesy
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Seun(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2005
hot-angel: excellent response grin.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by legry(m): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2005
Men, if it's a former girlfriend that I actually was really crazy about and let's say she dumped me and I go to see my bestfriend and I see her there, 'men, e go pain me o'.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by legs(f): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2005
thanks legry as usual i can always trust you to be honest
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by babadudu(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2005
It will be a strange and uncomfortable meeting not just for me but probably for the other 2 involved. Most married guys in that situation (myself included) would want to know what kind of relationship she had with this Ex-boyfriend, who so happened to be my former best friend.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by hotangel2(f): 4:36am On Jun 24, 2005
Seun:

hot-angel: excellent response grin.

Awwww thanks Seun.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Laka: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2005
well, i would be pained but there's really nothing that can be done about it. I would probably keep my distance, if it a case of me been dumped by my ex
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Motee(f): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2005
on my part it's not an issue. Infact what "God has joined together let no man put asunder"- this would be my watchword.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Greatpeter(m): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2005
I will congratulate them and even present them a beautiful gift.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Dupsybaby(f): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2006
well, i would be pained but there's really nothing that can be done about it. I would probably keep my distance, if it a case of me been dumped by my ex
sure but e bad as e bad e go still touch you
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Dupsybaby(f): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2006
@Motee
on my own part it is not an issue. Infact what "God has joined together let no man put asunder"- this would be my watchword.
I hear u but e bad as e bad ie go touch u
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Rhodalyn(f): 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2006
there's absolutely nothing to do afterall you are no longer going out with the guy so you must know he's gonna get on with his life, he cant just sit there weeping over you he's got a life to lead you know and the same goes for your bestfriend afterall they both had no idea the other knew you or something so whats the problem here
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Blackbuddy: 8:06am On Apr 25, 2006
[color=#006600][/color]This is really a non-issue. Your ex is most likely to get married after you break up for whatever reason to someone else. That she/he got married to someone close to you just underscores the fact that it's a small world. At this point, just search your self and see if you really need to keep up a relationship with them. If things are amicable all round, then you can maintain contact. But if things were messy in the past and are likely to adversely influence the present, respect yourself and keep your distance. Marraige is not Sesame Street where everybody is welcome.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by babymine(f): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2006
Hug them amd wish them the best. cheesy
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by alheri(f): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2006
well, since am now married, I'll just be like shocked and then grin and then cheesy and we'll become family friends!
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by amaikama(m): 11:35am On Apr 20, 2009
@poster! simple, pretend as if you don't know the other party(the woman) so that you will not put sand in her garri. let her be the one to talk you history to he hussy if she dare. grin
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by romsky: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2009
it wld be an awkard situation with he trying to introduce u to her and she doing same tyn, so y make it much more worse that it is
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by whitesturd(f): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2009
wish them gud luck.an ex wud always be an ex.since i dont ve feelings 4 him any more but come to tink of it.getin maried to my bestfriend.dts tough o.
Re: You Find your Ex and Former Best Friend Married ... by Doyn1(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2009
Goodluck to them so long my best friend was not aware of my relationship with her in the past and vice versa. I mean No hard feelings about this but just be careful so she doesnt snitch on you with him,

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do Women Want? / Catch My Husband Cheating 4 Quick Ways To Spy On Him / To All The Guys, 190 Signs She Won't Ever Open It For You, Yet She Is Your Gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.