Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State (1526 Views)

RERUN: Rivers Commissioner, APC Chieftain Kidnapped / Tobby Onyekele Murdered In A Pool Of Blood By Hired Assassins s(pictured) / Pengassan Chieftain Kidnapped In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2010
A PDP chieftain and the immediate
past chairman of Gokana Local
Government Area of Rivers State,
Mr. Joseph Paago has been
murdered. Paargo was kidnapped
on Tuesday evening along Tai
Gokana Road by unidentified
gunmen on his way to Dere to
attend a ceremony organized by
Hon. Victor Giadom, the chairman
of the local government. Paago ’s
dead body was discovered inside
his white Toyota Avensis car along
Afam Road in Obigbo Local
Government Area of the state.
Paago was a lecturer in the Faculty
of Law of University of Port
Harcourt, when he was appointed
chairman, Caretaker Commitee of
Gokana by Govenor Chibuike
Amaechi after the Supreme Court
declared him governor of the state.
Paago handed over to Hon. Victor
Giadom, the present local
government chairman.
Findings showed that Paago was
kidnapped last year but managed to
escape from his kidnappers only to
be kidnapped and killed a year after
Only Wednesday last week, the
mother of Augutine Wokocha, the
present Commissioner for Power
was murdered by gunmen during
the peak of Governor Ameachi ’s
third aniversary celebration. The
Police Public Relations Officer in
Rivers State `Akin Fakore SP,
confirmed the incident.
In a related development, two
persons were on Wednesday
morning sent to their early graves
while another suffered serious bullet
wounds when gunmen attacked
Peak Milk Depot, Emenike Street, in
the Diobu area of Port Harcourt.
The attack came just as policemen
arrested two suspected kidnappers
in the state.
The victims of the robbery attack
identified as Mr Obinna Marcel and
Mr. Onyeka were customers of the
warehouse.
A security man Umaru Adamu
attached to the office also sustained
bullet wounds.
Eye witnesses said that the robbers
numbering four and armed with AK
47 rifles stormed the warehouse at
about 8.20 am and made away with
undisclosed amount of money.
The incident was said to have
caused pandemonium in the Diobu
area as residents scampered for
safety during the 10 minutes
operation.
Confirming the incident, the Police
image-maker in the state Mr.
Fakorede, said the bodies of the two
victims had been deposited at the
Braithwaite Memorial Hospital
Mortuary while the wounded
security man was rushed to an
undisclosed hospital.
He said investigation into the
incident had started as police had
intensified manhunt for the
hoodlums.
In the same vein, two suspected
kidnappers have been arrested by
the state police command.
They are: Uzordimma Ugorji and
Kingsley Onyemaechi suspected to
be associates of the Abia-based
Osisikankwu kidnap group.
Police authorities said the suspects
were arrested at the Rumolumini
area of Port Harcourt.
Police Spokesman Mr. Akin
Fakorede (SP) told reporters that the
suspects would soon be charged to
court after investigations.

www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/nov/04/newsbreak-04-11-2010-001.htm
Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2010
Governor Amaechi

Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by 1025: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2010
one down and more pls.
killing any pdp chieftain is a perfect way of reducing corruption in nigeria.
the more pdp chietains they kill, the lower the corruption rate.
Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2010
1025:

one down and more pls.

grin
Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by labalaba4: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2010
1025:

one down and more pls.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I can't believe anyone in their right senses would type something like this, and even worse, the murderators on this site would allow it to remain, This is incitement and it shows that ACN is a nest of killers. As soon as Sekibo defected to ACN, the killing began. I will be drawing the attention of the SSS and the intelligence services to this post, so that they can help us identify the TERRORISTS on Nairaland.com. I will leave no stone unturned to find out who you are, 1025, and have you arrested and prosecuted for incitement. Perhaps you even know who did the job. I'm sure you'll be able to assist the authorities with their investigations.
Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by willyluv(m): 4:40am On Nov 05, 2010
I happen to live here, it was a pathetic sight, a huge man squeezed into the boot of his own car like a bag of potatoes. Unearthing he killers is 'easy' if the police is serious about it.
Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by houvest: 9:44am On Nov 05, 2010
1025:

one down and more pls.

Are you human at all?
Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by 1025: 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2010
I can't believe anyone in their right senses would type something like this, and even worse, the murderators on this site would allow it to remain, This is incitement and it shows that ACN is a nest of killers. As soon as Sekibo defected to ACN, the killing began. I will be drawing the attention of the SSS and the intelligence services to this post, so that they can help us identify the TERRORISTS on Nairaland.com. I will leave no stone unturned to find out who you are, 1025, and have you arrested and prosecuted for incitement. Perhaps you even know who did the job. I'm sure you'll be able to assist the authorities with their investigations.

@labalaba4,
i am thinking if i can arrest myself for been a nigerian.u are right if u say am not in my right sense because i form part of the 95% of nigerians who have lost their senses to hunger and poverty coursed by this useless politician.
why disturbing the sss in looking for me when i can report myself to the nearest police station. like u said, i will be released very fast because i am not in my right senses. have u ever imagined what happens to a nigerian who suffers from morning till and cld not even sleep at night bcs there is no light. do u feel the different sounds of generators in ur neighbourhood? to some, who have lost their senses before me, it has become a way of life and i believe that is a greater level of madness.
oh, u mentioned sss abi? don't u think that nigerians will be happy if ur so-called sss will tell them who killed bola ige instead of coming after me? remember, ur movie actions here does not count u out of from the suspects. u sound like a hired killer.
uncle, if u are among the killers or u work with them in any way, pls kill more and many nigerians without brains or out of their senses like me will continue wishing u luck.
that man u killed must have killed over 20 in his inordinate ambition to be where he was and to remain in power. for all the nigerians who die in road accidents and hardship as a result of their selfish interests, may their bloods be on ur head for calling me names.
jerry rawlings once did the killing madness in ghana and today ghana is free from terrorists(criminal politicians) so if killing these thieves will bring nigeria back on track, what is wrong with that?
bombs are blasting here and there and u think sss will leave all those problems in search of me wey no get sense?
Re: Pdp Chieftain Kidnapped, Murdered In Rivers State by ow11(m): 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2010
This is the sort of nonsense that we call politics in Nigeria. Killing and maiming in the bid to land at the free money oil and gas promises once in power. I sympathise with his family members on their loss.

On the flip-side, a few people may not shed a tear for the late Paago as he had a inglorious reputation during his days as a Law lecturer at RSUST in PH. He was fingered by a couple of students as a man who saw no problem with p***y for grades. Whilst he had a chequered past, it is a sad story that our country has now become as dangerous as a war zone where each day you wake up is indeed a miracle.

(1) (Reply)

Noise Pollution In Nigeria / Report - One Million Pupils Attends Over 12,000 Illegal Schools In Lagos State. / Nigeria Failing Woefully In Its Pledge To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.