Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

Whale In Lagos(with Pics) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whale In Lagos(with Pics) (63812 Views)

Whale Found @ Agaja Beach, Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup / Lol:food-hungry Lagosians Hack On Dead, Smelly Whale - Food Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by wesley80(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
@Shittu, see what inferiority complex has done to your sense of reasoning. Sorry for you.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by googles: 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2010
Mehn these guys no dey do strong thing at all at all see their level of seriousness . . .ahn ahn  grin grin

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MShittu: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
wesley80:

@Shittu, see what inferiority complex has done to your sense of reasoning. Sorry for you.
I don't have an inferiority complex, and criticize Ghana at any time possible, but when I think credit is due, I give it, and I think that if that whale was in Ghana, it;d be sent back into the sea. Why, you ask?, Because at Ghanian coasts some form of authority'd be there to organize the people and persuade them not to cut the beast up, and, rather, to push it back to the sea to allow for its natural decomposition and to prevent any medical problems arising if that whale died because of toxic waste consumption or something.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2010
^ gosh you sound so daft.

hope you're exporting your genes out of the country cos nigeria needs people with brains, at this level.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MShittu: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2010
tpia@:

^ gosh you sound so daft.

hope you're exporting your genes out of the country cos nigeria needs people with brains, at this level.
And by calling me daft you achieved,
I'm not saying I'm right. I just think that Ghanians'd approach this differently. If you think I'm wrong then, by all means, do so. I know what I said wasn't all that coherent, but I just think Ghanians'd be more orderly.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by aljharem(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2010
MShittu:

I'm not saying I'm right. I just think that Ghanians'd approach this differently. If you think I'm wrong then, by all means, do so. I know what I said wasn't all that coherent, but I just think Ghanians'd be more orderly.

why should they push it back to the ocean stop been dumb

stop comparing nigeria and ghana
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2010
MShittu:

^^i didnt say you were right or wrong.

i said you're daft and i hope you've packed your baggage and exited nigeria cos people like you are what's wrong with the country.

carry your genes go meet some other nationality. make una blaze trail elsewhere.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MShittu: 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2010
tpia@:

^^i didnt say you were right or wrong.

i said you're daft and i hope you've packed your baggage and exited nigeria cos people like you are what's wrong with the country.

carry your genes go meet some other nationality. make una blaze trail elsewhere.
Tell me why I'm daft, for my own sake.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Ikengawo: 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2010
Shittu, you do have an inferiority complex. lol

orderly? Dude it's free meat LOL!
why do you need order? nobody got hurt, nobody fought, everyone came and got a piece. Should there have been a single file line?
queer
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MShittu: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ikengawo:

Shittu, you do have an inferiority complex. lol

orderly? Dude it's free meat LOL!
why do you need order? nobody got hurt, nobody fought, everyone came and got a piece. Should there have been a single file line?
queer
The thing I'm scared of is that the whale mighta eaten some kinda toxic waste. If it did so, then all the people that eat the meat are gonna end up with all kinds of diseases. Such threats do exist and pose very real threats to people. I mean you don't go to developed countries and see them eating any random meat that they find on beaches, now do you.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by wesley80(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ Shittu, First of all, its not a beast, its a fish - a big one, and one that happens to be a delicacy in some parts of d world. Do u honestly believe if one gets grounded in the Japanese coast they'lld push it back into d ocean? Do u know how much a pound goes for in Japan? Now to Ghana, Ok let me admit that maybe they have some order on their coast but take it from me, the only purpose dat would serve if this happens in Ghana is dat the people would be on a queue as they take turns in slicing their share! Food is food and more so on the African coast. Maybe someday we'll become like Westerners that are all for conservation and all d rest crap but before then please stop acting like u've got the autopsy report of every piece of fish on your plate. Quit being Hypocrites.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
@all the posters supporting the reckless behaviour as free meat, hope u guyz know dat AWUF dey run belle!
Your reasoning is amazing!
Have u considered the toll on the health from eating a decomposing carcass?
Its like a busted petrol pipeline spewing gasoline and u decide to go and scoop free fuel because u've been paying for fuel all ur life, of course when u get roasted don't come here to complain, idio.ts! undecided
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MShittu: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2010
na2day!:

@all the posters supporting the reckless behaviour as free meat, hope u guyz know dat AWUF dey run belle!
Its like a busted petrol pipeline spewing gasoline and u decide to go and scoop free fuel because u've been paying for fuel all your life, of course when u get roasted don't come here to complain, idio.ts! undecided
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
wesley80:

@ Shittu, First of all, its not a beast, its a fish - a big one, and one that happens to be a delicacy in some parts of d world. Do u honestly believe if one gets grounded in the Japanese coast they'lld push it back into d ocean? Do u know how much a pound goes for in Japan? Now to Ghana, Ok let me admit that maybe they have some order on their coast but take it from me, the only purpose dat would serve if this happens in Ghana is dat the people would be on a queue as they take turns in slicing their share! Food is food and more so on the African coast. Maybe someday we'll become like Westerners that are all for conservation and all d rest crap but before then please stop acting like u've got the autopsy report of every piece of fish on your plate. Quit being Hypocrites.
Yeah i know we're in Africa, but I just think that in Ghana, informed authorities and people would've prevented people from eating that kind of meat. I bet they would've done the same in Nigeria, if they were there, but they weren't. And I think that authorities are more present in Ghana, and, as such, there is a much higher chance of people pushing the meat back into the sea!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by EzeUche0(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
I weep for Zimbabwe more. That country used to be the bread basket for all of Africa. It not only provided enough food for its citizens, it used to provide food for most of Africa.

Dammn you MUGABE! angry
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by ladi02(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
na2day!:

Its like a busted petrol pipeline spewing gasoline and u decide to go and scoop free fuel because u've been paying for fuel all your life, of course when u get roasted don't come here to complain, idio.ts!  undecided

LOL Thank you for using petrol to explain now we understand how dangerous it is  grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
MShittu:

If this were to happen in, say, Ghana, I bet that whale woulda been pushed back into the sea, no matter if it was dead or alive.

Ol boy, u too fork up with this kind of statement o!
What makes Ghana better than Nigeria?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MShittu: 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2010
na2day!:

Ol boy, u too fork up with this kind of statement o!
What makes Ghana better than Nigeria?

Yeah that was a pretty dumb statement, but I was tryna get a point across, and, by the looks of things, I'd say it didn't go too well.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by wesley80(m): 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2010
@na2day . Pls tell me you dont eat sea foods especially after this huge BP spill. If u do, how many of what u eat come with a 'belly worthiness certificate or how many do u eat while they r still jumping on your plate? There's no place d writer mentioned decomposing in d article or where u there to know any better?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Ibomade1: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2010
All because of free meat. Poverty is bad
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by googles: 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
MShittu:

Yeah that was a pretty dumb statement, but I was tryna get a point across, and, by the looks of things, I'd say it didn't go too well.

I like you  smiley

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

why are pple calling a whale a "fish" anyways?  undecided sounds dumb
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2010
johnie:

A 2007 occurence at Seme:

Massive Whale Swept Ashore At Seme Border  

By Laide Adekunle

A massive whale was swept ashore yesterday morning at Seme border. [size=14pt]The whale, which was already dead, was swept into the Customs quarters at Seme by the waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Hundreds of people were seen this morning hacking at the fish, which was already smelling badly. But the stench did not deter the emergency butchers who all scrambled for a piece of the action.[/size]As the crowd was becoming uncontrollable, the Customs officers chased everybody out of their quarters and later set the fish ablaze.

Not long ago, a dead whale was also swept ashore at the Lagos Bar Beach. It also attract a huge crowd and some people hacked it to pieces and carried them off despite the odious stench it was emitting.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=19975

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-88626.0.html#msg1617421

@wesley
The quote above shows the antecedence, infact there's no argument, just try and visit any General hospital, u'll be amazed how people are dying like cockroaches because they are so much in love with awuff!
i hope u're not one of those guyz carrying basins in dat pix?  grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MShittu: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2010
googles:

I like you  smiley

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

why are pple calling a whale a "fish" anyways?  undecided sounds dumb
thank you grin
na2day!:

@wesley
The quote above shows the antecedence, infact there's no argument, just try and visit any General hospital, u'll be amazed how people are dying like cockroaches because they are so much in love with awuff!
Exactly what I was trying to say!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2010
Scavenging is a way of keeping track with organic waste,the carcass would ve gone to scavengers of d deep.Some creatures are born scavengers,that is their place in nature,eating off d crumbs that fell off d table.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by MaiSuya(m): 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2010
Kai! its terrible what poverty can do. . . sad sad
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2010
What is poverty?!

The darn thing was prolly dead. Even if it wasnt, its still meat isnt it?!

What do you want people to do?! Its not like we have a research lab that would have done anything productive with the thing.

Our government already has too much on their plate to be worrying about a whale on our beach.

Kudos to the Nigerian people for disposing of the fish before it decayed and caused more problems for our government.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by wesley80(m): 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2010
@na2day, its also a common occurence that whales run aground and sometimes have to be rescued especially the calves that r yet to master their routes. So until u can prove that the recent whale was dead and decomposing cos d reporter clearly avoided saying so, then u're being nothing more than a hypocrite for condemning and portraying people as desperate scavengers that would butcher even a decomposing and stinking animal out of greed. And for that here r 3 words ; Get a Life.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2010
Where are the clear pix, anybody? It's like am staring at a cartoon.

And where is my own share? Lmaoooo, omg, do we even have Veterinary schools or vets in Nigeria?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
Which poverty? When oyibo arm themselves with deadly guns and invade a community of deers, bucks and antelopes, when they take aim and shoot every duck out of the skies in the game hunting, you guys clap for them. And when Nigerians eat a dead whale, its barbaric and caused by poverty?
Hisssssssssssssssss
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by naijaking1: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
redsun:

Scavenging is a way of keeping track with organic waste,the carcass would ve gone to scavengers of d deep.Some creatures are born scavengers,that is their place in nature,eating off d crumbs that fell off d table.

What you call scavenging
Don't you see how red and healthy the elephant meat looks?
I know, you're just jealous because they didn't give you some of the fresh meat grin

The Zimbabweans had to get to the dead elephant before the lions do, even they would worry about baccillus anthracis later.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2010
It is like living out d book of d dead.Kai!!!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by mamagee3(f): 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2010
Some of the pictures are disgusting!

And I have to ask, Do some people really eat elephants? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Gamine(f): 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
What is wrong in people trying to eat?? undecided
Why the brouhaha over this.

Whales are now sacred creatures?? undecided
But some here will open their mouth to eat Dog meat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / You Can Eat Only One Thing From This Plate / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.