Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Atheism Is A Religion - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is A Religion (14842 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Enigma(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2011
All it takes the evangelical atheists to look "smart" is to repeat a few arguments from their champion "thinkers" in the hope that their audience if unaware of where their drivel comes from will think they are genuinely clever! My friend, the dunce says they are entitled to do so because "it works".

Yeah right, it works to refer to Christians and other people of faith as suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect when the very worst possible case of suffering from the Dunning-Kruger Effect is to be an evangelical atheist or indeed evangelical atheism religionist!

cool
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by thehomer: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

All it takes the evangelical atheists to look "smart" is to repeat a few arguments from their champion "thinkers" in the hope that their audience if unaware of where their drivel comes from will think they are genuinely clever! My friend, the dunce says they are entitled to do so because "it works".

Yeah right, it works to refer to Christians and other people of faith as suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect when the very worst possible case of suffering from the Dunning-Kruger Effect is to be an evangelical atheist or indeed evangelical atheism religionist!

cool

Wow. Tone down on your bitterness and learn to read. If you cannot, get your special ed. teacher to help you.
No one refers to all Christians as demonstrating the Dunning-Kruger effect, it simply pops up when you try to make certain arguments. This effect can often be remedied by some studying which is obviously difficult for you to do.

The fact that the arguments work means you should formulate better arguments. But you're not reading so what can one do? Quit whining and hit the books for better arguments.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Enigma(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2011
Anywhere you see an evangelical atheist, even on his own, you see a fool and you also see the very worst case of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Only an omniscient person or a fool can say there is no God.

cool
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by thehomer: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

Anywhere you see an evangelical atheist, even on his own, you see a fool and you also see the very worst case of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Only an omniscient person or a fool can say there is no God.

cool

Aww is this an argument? As usual, you show your occasional usefulness as a demonstration of fallacies in action.

The quote above me demonstrates the poisoning the well fallacy. The solution lies in the poster making a valid argument rather than demonstrating his usual petulant whining.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Enigma(m): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2011
Put it in your pipe ---- and smoke it! grin

cool
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by thehomer: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

Put it in your pipe ---- and smoke it! grin

cool

And here we have the sort of students who try to hide their difficulties by such irrelevant statements. Let's see if he will eventually be able to make any reasonable arguments.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by zataxs: 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2011
Yes, the Dunning-Kruger Effect is in effect here on NL - in particular among the evangelical atheists! Do you people even think at all? Look, anywhere you see an evangelical atheist, even if he is on his own, you see the Dunning-Kruger Effect!!! Why, because only a person who is omniscient can say there is no God. So the evangelical atheist is waaaaaaaaaaaaay above his station to be so daftly presumptuous! In other words ----- the very worst case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Wink

<<
evangelical atheists? ha ha hhah ha
evangelical - Of or denoting a tradition within Protestant Christianity emphasizing the authority of the Bible, personal conversion, and the doctrine of salvation by faith in the Atonement
sounds like an oxymoron. hahashaha Good one!

>>.
1. Why, because only a person who is omniscient can say there is no God.
<<
This is saying that only a person who a genius in maths can answer 2 when asked what 1 plus 1 is.
There is no evidence to support the existence of a God hence the parallel of the Spaghetti monster. Evidence begets fact not the other way round.
There is no assumption made by atheist, actually none at all, that's why they hold their position.
Theist on the other hand, tsk tsk tsk,
>>

All your (evangelical atheists') arguments that I've seen here are stale.

In any event, this thread is a good example of where I have destroyed arguments put forward by evangelical atheists from more than one dimension. Read it from page 1 but especially from page 6 and enjoy! Smiley
<<
well, your counter arguments are surprisingly weak, you make and continue to make great claims without any empirical evidence.
quoting the bible does not qualify as evidence for anything to people who don't believe in the bible in the first place, and neither does poorly written article .e.g.
Atheism: A religion by Daniel Smartt.

Religious fanatics like you tend to have a big problem is understanding things un-religious. so you tend to try to work from known to unknown in this crude manner and without doubt with
distraous outcomes.

jayriginal categorically rebuffed your article , blow for blow. do either you did not take time to read the reply, or amadioha forbid! you did not understand.
so if, I am to break it down for you again and show you just how finicky this article is, will you, 10 posts later, tell someone else, "I have destroyed arguments put forward by evangelical atheists from more than one dimension"

I think your first failure, is in definition of terms. You need to become more intimate with your dictionary.
Also, you need to become less arrogant and actually take the trouble to read people's replies and ruminate about them as we do with yours. (believe me, it is not easy, but these are the terms of engagement )

You need to get one point first, an atheist is necessarily an evolutionist. There is this unhealthy obsession theist have for Richard Dawkins. You are all so desperately looking for a Jesus to crucify, you know what, there is no Jesus in atheism. And there can never be one. Some atheist believe in evolution, some don't. There is no doctrine, and no dogma. And I know you just can't get it. But think of it this way. You are a nigerian but also a man. You can be from another country, so a brazilian man for example. or you can be a woman. same thing. So if you are attacking Nigeria (Evolution/Evolutionist) then do so. Be precise. But attacking Nigerian does not mean that you are attacking all the men. therefore not all the atheist. This is really basic, and I have taken the trouble to break it down for you in sizeable chunks, please don't tell me you don't get this. There are also Christians who believe in Evolution! you know, they call it intelligent design. So stop getting basic terms wrong, otherwise, we will be forced to redefine them over and over again. And you will complain that we are not original.

Quote from: zataxs on Today at 03:11:02 PM
@enigma, saying atheism is a religion is like saying not having a car is a type of car. Part of the definition of a religion is a supernatural being.
>>

Says who?

Do you people read at all? Or is it another example of the obtuseness that I refer to? Read this thread again and let me see if you will still repeat the bolded!

<<
No has to say it, it is just the way it is. I read the article. And it is a terrible read, I suffered through the whole of it.
The article by Daniel Smartt is a portrayal of lack of knowledge in philosophy and science. That's all.
Lumping totally unrelated things together, in a desperate attempt to make a case where none exists.
E.g. The article implies that Dawkins started this so called "Contemporary Atheism". maybe you can start acquinting yourself with others,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_authors
and wash away, some of that ignorance.
Granted, like I said, even this list is not exhaustive and it carries no authority. There is no authority in atheism.
That's your attacks fail to even make sense.

Humanist Manifesto?? This article is pathetic. The author is lazy and sloppy.

Many people reading your posts, will no doubt be taken aback by your "un-christian nature" to call people names. and be unncessarily abusive.
I think however, you are doing a very Christian thing. And you are fine a example of what happens when someone is controlled by the Holy Spirit.
So, I am not moved by your petty insults, apart from exposing your arrogance and shallowness
I think it is what Jesus taught you to do. A most immoral, perverse and myopic barbaric man. So it is not surprising at all then you behave the same way as your God.

it is very simple, enigma, you don't believe in buddha, you just happen to be believing in yahweh, you are in atheist so some extent to get over it.
So stop pretending to act as if it is an alien concept.
We just don't believe in your God as well.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Enigma(m): 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^^ Look, when you learn how to post properly I will try and bother to read your post.

I'm not about to waste any time on that incoherent rubbish up there.

cool
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by zataxs: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2011
Do you know why you are getting so emotional enigma and abusive apart from the fact that of course your bible tells you so, ?? it is because, God= Enigma=Jesus=you. Like I said, people, we have already read your replies, each and every word. Try doing the same and you would more closer to enlightenment.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by Enigma(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^^ I am certainly not going to read that your penultimate post unless and until it is properly presented.

cool
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by zataxs: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Enigma I totally understand, If I had not been in discussions with super emotional Christians before I would have been surprised. But it is not really your fault, blame Jesus.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by zataxs: 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by UyiIredia(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
It so happens that I now refrain from calling atheism a religion since a strict definition of the term doesn't apply to it. Not that I didn't know before, or didn't consider it before starting te thread but I pretty much deemed it needless for now. I still hold the argumentin the OP valid, despite semantic errors therein.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion by UyiIredia(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
It so happens that I now refrain from calling atheism a religion since a strict definition of the term doesn't apply to it. Not that I didn't know before, or didn't consider it before starting te thread but I pretty much deemed it needless for now. I still hold the argumentin the OP valid, despite semantic errors therein. Passing through.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible / Grace Testimony From South Africa : Delivered From Sexual Sins, Life Now Better / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.