Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,827 members, 7,798,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque (51626 Views)

100 Private Jets In Kano For Yusuf Buhari's Wedding (Video, Photos) / Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Governors, Ministers, Others Storm Emir Of Kano’s Palace / Lekki Shootings: Top US Officials Storm Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by UncleGist: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2019
Wedding Story: Curious worshippers join Buhari to perform Juma’at Prayer at Aso Rock mosque

President Muhammadu Buhari and hundreds of Muslim faithful on Friday observed the weekly two raka’at prayer at the Aso Rock Mosque, Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that presidential aides, some cabinet ministers and former governor of Zamfara, Abdulaziz Yari, were among the personalities at the mosque.

It was also observed that Friday’s prayer witnessed seemingly unprecedented number of faithful in what appeared to be an attempt by some “curious worshippers’’ to confirm or disbelief social media story on a purported marriage saga involving the president.

On Thursday, a social media story on Mr Buhari getting set to marry the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, as the second wife, went viral.

The media post, which stated October 11 as the wedding date, was also widely circulated on the social media with Facebook and Twitter users aiding its circulation.

However, those worshippers, who were at the Aso Rock mosque to witness `’the social media `created’ wedding Fatiha’’, were disappointed as they only witnessed Mr Buhari exchanging pleasantries with citizens after the prayer session.

Some of the worshippers, who spoke to NAN on the incident, showered curses on originators of the “fake wedding story’’ which dominated the social media for weeks.

Aliyu Mudi condemned those behind the fake news, calling on well-meaning citizens to always shun unverified social media reports.

Another social commentator, who simply gave his name as Malam Siddique, called on the federal government to urgently do something about fake news in the social media “before it is too late’’.

The President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, was on Friday quoted by the Tribune Online dismissing the news, saying it is “a deceptive manoeuvre by those who fabricated the news’’.

NAN also reports that the minister mentioned in the fake marriage, Sadiya Umar Farouk, who is currently in Switzerland on official assignment, posted on her twitter handle saying the news was far from the truth.

“Dear Nigerians, please kindly ignore all rumours as this is not true.

“We are currently completely focused on making sure we have a better Nigeria.

“Let’s continue to pray for our dear country Nigeria. God bless,’’ she said.

(NAN)

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/357176-wedding-story-curious-worshippers-join-buhari-to-perform-jumaat-prayer-at-aso-rock-mosque.html/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by UncleGist: 9:28am On Oct 12, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by SchoolNaScam001: 9:29am On Oct 12, 2019
lol. Can't believe people actually took that seriously.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by VibesTV(f): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2019
Leemao

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by StrikeBack(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2019
angry
Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by tillaman(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2019
Oil and gas people
Owo expo and associates!!
They want to lick PMB grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by holyDaniel: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2019
Nigerians using fake news to make money. Hmmmmmm, next lev grin angry angry angryel grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Germanworld(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2019
I think the wedding program stated around 12am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
Much ado about nothing.

An ancestor rumoured to wanna marry an advanced woman and everyone is reacting like she/they are minors.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by PussyKing(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
grin
Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Asifiwe(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
From the look of things, Bubu must have had an amorous fling with the Faroq, It is obvious she was selected on the basis of the Nepotism native to Bubu
The story-line have some truth
Someone must have seen or heard their romantic conversation

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by barristernatura: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
Humnhumn

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by philip0906(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
I told someone that it just wasn't possible...

I could bet anything on that. I said that because I just had to give Buhari the benefit of doubt

I mean, we can call Buhari incompetent, inept and anything, but him craze never reach to that level wey you go dey marry when country hard and citizens dey find joy

It just would be insane, callous and insensitive. I just hope those spreading such tales move on

10 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by sylve11: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
Let's assume they met the 'half truth', e get wetin them for do to Buhari? I just dey ask o undecided cool

12 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Afamed: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
The first sign of Madness is when you actually believe your own lies. The second sign of madness is when you begin to convince people to believe in your lies and the advance incurable sign of madness is when you begin to hire people to help you promote / spread your lies.

Omokri and co are in advance stages of their madness

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Truthbites: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2019
shocked. ..A president who turned his country to world capital of poverty, should castrate himself, rather than be thinking of new wife and se.x

The last time I checked, new wives love the other room .so this man should be thinking of how to remove Nigeria from the mess he put us. He should be thinking of sleeping in the library even if it means getting his waec at 80, than focusing on the other room thinz

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by realestniggah: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2019
All these problems in the country and your president is busying falling in love, smh

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by buharified009(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2019
Even if buhari wants to shine my mothers congo, he is free to do it, because he is president or old, dosent mean his rod doesn't not behave like an agama lizard from time to time, I can bet that if we do a research , buhari can impregnate 95% of nairaland ladies fa. Never underestimate the power of a potent "agbo jedi".
Buhari will make a lot of nairaland ladies become overcumers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by WarriAproko: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2019
I didn't eat rice yesterday at his wedding. That caterer yeye. Now buhari dun dey plan to go honey moon
Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by lovienna: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2019
The secret wedding is about to be exposed.
Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by RexEmmyGee: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2019
Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Sultty(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2019
Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2019
I just pray social media will not scatter this country
Someone/some people will just come up with stories just for trending sake

pls can I ask do they pay people for trending stories or what is the financial gain in trending

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Passionate888: 9:44am On Oct 12, 2019
grin
Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Blisplendor12(f): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2019
Make Asiat catch you

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque by Topmaike007(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2019
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Writes British Commission, Asks For Consular Services / Simon Ekpa, 96 Others Declared Wanted By DHQ (Names & Pictures) / Nigerians Blast APC Over Rescued Chibok Girl (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.