Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ (12024 Views)

Breaking News!! Ijaws Get Delta State Speaker After Deputy Governor / APC Rejects Diri As Bayelsa Governor-Elect / Biobarakuma Degi Disqualified As Bayelsa APC Deputy Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by Kwanza: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
The former speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Toney Isenah, on Monday made a U-turn, and tendered his resignation letter as the ‘speaker’ of the assembly, seven days after he was controversially removed by the lawmakers.

Mr Isenah was replaced on September 30 with a lawmaker representing Southern Ijaw Constituency 2, Monday Bubou-Obolo.

But he rejected his ‘impeachment’ as illegal and said he remained the speaker of the assembly.

Mr Isenah’s resignation letter, which was backdated to September 30, was read during plenary on Monday.

My resignation was for the peace and the “greater good” of Bayelsa state, the former speaker told the House.

Mr Bubou-Obolo presided over the plenary.

Aotendeike Boloigha, the media aide to the former speaker, confirmed the development to PREMIUM TIMES, Wednesday night.

Mr Isenah, who is from the same Kolokuma-Opokuma Local Government Area as Douye Diri, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been under pressure to resign.

But he had continuously resisted such pressure.

“I have not committed any crime. If I am supposed to resign, I know that, maybe, based on federal character principle, if my local government area produces the governor and when he is sworn in, ordinarily I was to leave,” Mr Isenah said in an interview he granted Channels television, a few hours after his reported impeachment.

“It’s not as if there is any law that the two can’t come from the same place. We should be talking about good governance. I am the speaker of the state and not the speaker of any group.”

Mr Isenah told Channels that he did not enter into any agreement to resign if Mr Diri wins the PDP governorship primary.

The former speaker said Mr Diri can still win the general election, even with himself remaining in office as the speaker.

“Why is it that I am now the sacrificial lamb? Why are they making it look like I am against Kolokuma-Opokuma producing the next governor? That is not right,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/356935-bayelsa-speaker-resigns-days-after-rejecting-impeachment.html/amp/

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by Fiisty(f): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
FTC
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by NwaNimo1(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blackmail material is real. ....ask GEJ

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by ibori1(m): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by VillageHead: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2019

Dem don threaten this one!

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by princeade86(m): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
good
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by Heybeedee(m): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
Kwanza:
The former speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Toney Isenah, on Monday made a U-turn, and tendered his resignation letter as the ‘speaker’ of the assembly, seven days after he was controversially removed by the lawmakers.

Mr Isenah was replaced on September 30 with a lawmaker representing Southern Ijaw Constituency 2, Monday Bubou-Obolo.

But he rejected his ‘impeachment’ as illegal and said he remained the speaker of the assembly.

Mr Isenah’s resignation letter, which was backdated to September 30, was read during plenary on Monday.

My resignation was for the peace and the “greater good” of Bayelsa state, the former speaker told the House.

Mr Bubou-Obolo presided over the plenary.

Aotendeike Boloigha, the media aide to the former speaker, confirmed the development to PREMIUM TIMES, Wednesday night.

Mr Isenah, who is from the same Kolokuma-Opokuma Local Government Area as Douye Diri, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been under pressure to resign.

But he had continuously resisted such pressure.

“I have not committed any crime. If I am supposed to resign, I know that, maybe, based on federal character principle, if my local government area produces the governor and when he is sworn in, ordinarily I was to leave,” Mr Isenah said in an interview he granted Channels television, a few hours after his reported impeachment.

“It’s not as if there is any law that the two can’t come from the same place. We should be talking about good governance. I am the speaker of the state and not the speaker of any group.”

Mr Isenah told Channels that he did not enter into any agreement to resign if Mr Diri wins the PDP governorship primary.

The former speaker said Mr Diri can still win the general election, even with himself remaining in office as the speaker.

“Why is it that I am now the sacrificial lamb? Why are they making it look like I am against Kolokuma-Opokuma producing the next governor? That is not right,” he said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/356935-bayelsa-speaker-resigns-days-after-rejecting-impeachment.html/amp/
Na them... politics drama play on

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by BafanaBafana: 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Bayelsa with their politics of "chop make i chop". that was how Ben Bruce didn't run for second term in office because it was the turn of some others to chop.
If they had focused on developmental politics instead, that state would have been an Eldorado given their fat allocation and small size.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by Bossontop(m): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Dem don either bribe am or threaten am.......one of the two or even both sef (as na naija we dey....anytin can hapun)

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by Addme: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2019
Sacrificial lamb....
Mr. Speaker don't take it personal,it's the same political permutatios that made you a speaker that removed you for another person.
Life goes On.

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by ruggedtimi(m): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
which greater good, by the time David lyon wins. The southern ijaw speaker will resign too

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by bewla(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
o
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
Things dey happen for dis Bayelsa everyday o.....

The state of the ineffectual buffon himself (according to TIME MAGAZINE)

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by spafu(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
Make them try settle themselves for the overall benefits of their people, the Bayelseans.
Meanwhile, kindly help to boost my chances of making a living, at no cost to you. Simply click on any of my signature and you would have contributed to my chances of making a decent living in the Buhari induced hard economy. Thank you and may God bless for your help.
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by Ikpeazukerosene: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2019
Those Pdp animals won't be found here.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2019
EVIL DICK-SON

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by lovienna: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
Jonathan the hero of democracy must have reasoned with him.
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by kotv: 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
It's sad he had to go through all that but he did the right thing to step down. His political ambition should not put himself and his family at risk. God please continue to bless him.

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by chrisxxx(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
He had this option all this while. Party interest reigns supreme. He was actually the trade off but it was a sacrifice for party interest he would have accepted.

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by adenigga(m): 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
Addme:
Sacrificial lamb....
Mr. Speaker don't take it personal,it's the same political permutatios that made you a speaker that removed you for another person.
Life goes On.

You are a genius!

You are on point 120%!

The man should just remain silent, after all he's still a member of that disgraceful house. He will still be collecting sitting allowance, it just that other package attached to office of the speaker is what is paining him.
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by EzekaUdenee: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
post=83080395:

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by EzekaUdenee: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:
Those Pdp animals won't be found here.
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by EzekaUdenee: 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:
EVIL DICK-SON
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by spafu(m): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
post=83080395:

He is still ten time better than your gworo chewing demigod and the undisputed worst president in our political history.

Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by hamillstar123: 5:45am On Oct 13, 2019
There’s certainly a great deal to know about this topic. I like all the points you’ve made. More atUTA LOGIN HELP
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by jaytee01(m): 11:14am On Oct 13, 2019
post=83080395:

Yea....just as things are happening everyday in Katsina, the home of the Affidavit Dullard. Interesting times to be alive!
Re: Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ by jaytee01(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2019
spafu:

He is still ten time better than your gworo chewing demigod and the undisputed worst president in our political history.
Ali Baba...... The most corrupt president in Nigerian history, an irredeemable bigot and senile terrorist!

Phone Network Shut Down In 13 Katsina LGAs / PDP Seeks Disqualification Of APC’s Governorship, Senatorial Candidates In Benue / Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos