Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? (19399 Views)

Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) / Any Batch C 14 Serving Punishment For Missing Headcount! / Nysc Training Camp Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by furacao(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2010
Well for me l can only speak from experience. If you want to go abroad to do a masters or PhD, and you dont have your NYSC certificate, you have no chance. If you want to go abroad to wash plates or work at McDonald's you dont need it, if you want to get a job in MTN, Glo etc, you will need it.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2010
furacao:

Well for me l can only speak from experience. If you want to go abroad to do a masters or PhD, and you dont have your NYSC certificate, you have no chance. If you want to go abroad to wash plates or work at McDonald's you dont need it, if you want to get a job in MTN, Glo etc, you will need it.

dont write rubbish.foreign universities dont care about NYSC.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by furacao(m): 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2010
MrPrsdent:

dont write rubbish.foreign universities dont care about NYSC.

lt's not rubbish. Just like l said, l am speaking from experience. lt's a Federal Government requirement agreed with foreign universities.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by lakode(m): 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2010
furacao:

lt's not rubbish. Just like l said, l am speaking from experience. lt's a Federal Government requirement agreed with foreign universities.

Rubbish indeed , Finished my masters planing to start a PHD no one person asked me for NYSC , So which foreign UNI , pls give an example(am not telling you I don't have the CERT., left it in Nigeria it is useless outside)

My take on this ; Firstly how many Nigerian Politicians have a degree?, Secondly what is the main Purpose of NYSC

ANS---(1)less then 40% of the Politicians have a degree nor HND ( so more than 60% don't have NYSC)
( 2)The main purpose of NYSC is to unite Nigerian youths , not as a qualification for any reason (MAIN PURPOSE)

it is so much of a fuss in the job market mainly to serve as a factor in reducing the large number of job seekers(e.g you should graduate early from school)

"IF THERE ARE ENOUGH JOBS IN NIGERIA , THE NYSC WOULD NOT MEAN SO MUCH ( EMPLOYMENT WISE)"
"IF YOU NEED IT FOR POLITICS , SIMPLY JOIN PDPsmiley"

IT IS NECESSARY BUT REALLY NOT COMPULSORY

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by Ibomade1: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
NYSC certificate needed to start a PHD abroad I have never heard of such

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by EHITZ(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2010
thanks all for all your responses, would you be given 2 months after camp whether legal or illegal to prepare and write a pg exam and come back?
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by furacao(m): 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2010
lakode:

Rubbish indeed , Finished my masters planing to start a PHD no one person asked me for NYSC , So which foreign UNI , pls give an example(am not telling you I don't have the CERT., left it in Nigeria it is useless outside)

My take on this ; Firstly how many Nigerian Politicians have a degree?, Secondly what is the main Purpose of NYSC

ANS---(1)less then 40% of the Politicians have a degree nor HND ( so more than 60% don't have NYSC)
( 2)The main purpose of NYSC is to unite Nigerian youths , not as a qualification for any reason (MAIN PURPOSE)

it is so much of a fuss in the job market mainly to serve as a factor in reducing the large number of job seekers(e.g you should graduate early from school)

"IF THERE ARE ENOUGH JOBS IN NIGERIA , THE NYSC WOULD NOT MEAN SO MUCH ( EMPLOYMENT WISE)"
"IF YOU NEED IT FOR POLITICS , SIMPLY JOIN PDPsmiley"

IT IS NECESSARY BUT REALLY NOT COMPULSORY

MSc from UQueen Mary Universitry of London, NYSC certificate required, PhD, University College London, NYSc certificate required.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by AjanleKoko: 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
furacao:

furacao:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No vex bros. But na the Ijeshatedo perspective be this grin I lie?
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by mojounited(m): 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2010
furacao:

Well for me l can only speak from experience. If you want to go abroad to do a masters or PhD, and you dont have your NYSC certificate, you have no chance. If you want to go abroad to wash plates or work at McDonald's you dont need it, if you want to get a job in MTN, Glo etc,  you will need it.
furacao:

MSc from UQueen Mary Universitry of London, NYSC certificate required, PhD, University College London, NYSc certificate required.

Dude, I think the part in bold is untrue, save it only applies to the Uni~s in the USA which I'm not aware of. Most, if not all, Universities in the UK do not request for NYSC Cert and may not even know of the NYSC scheme. The only period one may need it (NYSC cert) is when applying for a UK student visa to study a Phd or MSc programme in a UK Uni - this is due to the fact that some graduates, when applying to the UKBA/Embassy, are yet to be issued either their Degree certificates or Transcripts by their respective Uni~s and tend to use the NYSC discharge ceritificate as a back-up evidence to prove they've completed their degree programmes before being allowed to embark on the one year compulsory NYSC scheme - to which, I believe, the UKBA office/Embassy in Nigeria has been duly informed by the Federal Government.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by comechop(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2010
furacao:

bull. stop spreading mis-information. the only place that pple care about nysc are - you guessed it - Nigeria.

scrap the program!
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by Skidoc(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2010
Furacao is a dummy! Jeez! I hate it when people cook up false information and still stand by it like it's true! angry Furacao, what you said is completely untrue.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by lakode(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2010
Dude, I think the part in bold is untrue, save it only applies to the Uni~s in the USA which I'm not aware of. Most, if not all, Universities in the UK do not request for NYSC Cert and may not even know of the NYSC scheme. The only period one may need it (NYSC cert) is when applying for a UK student visa to study a Phd or MSc programme in a UK Uni - this is due to the fact that some graduates, when applying to the UKBA/Embassy, are yet to be issued either their Degree certificates or Transcripts by their respective Uni~s and tend to use the NYSC discharge ceritificate as a back-up evidence to prove they've completed their degree programmes before being allowed to embark on the one year compulsory NYSC scheme - to which, I believe, the UKBA office/Embassy in Nigeria has been duly informed by the Federal Government.
[quote][/quote]

this is someone that knows what he/she is saying , its true in the embassy you might be asked (not all the time), its not and it will never be a criteria for admission .I wonder where this guy standing on this point got his information from .

In addition I found this on the web of Queen Mary university London http://www.qmul.ac.uk/international/countries/nigeria/index.html , Pls Mister point out NYSC, I cant find it there
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by adanny01(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2010
It will only affect you if you intend to take up a job with the civil service or go into politics

otherwise,its bunkum!

Na lie! All other companies registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission CAC are obliged to hire only graduates with NYSC discharge cert. The same way all companies are obliged to accept Industrial Training IT students.

In fact you can only be self employed or go abroad. Without NYSC ur grad cert is useless in Nigeria
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by safariman(m): 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2010
I am not aware of any uni in US that requires Nysc. Abeg, scrap the program even though unemployment will skyrocket, I do like my sabu, FORN, 123
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by beeman80: 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2010
seyibrown:

Firing squad, perhaps!  grin  grin

grin grin grin U wish.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by tlops(m): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
potential absconder shocked its possible but its planned,
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2010
What abo
md4real:

No job and political implication expecially if you going into politics

What about people with O'level, WAEC or NECO attempt or Diploma? Did Atiku serve?
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by raycomray: 8:30am On Nov 14, 2010
I EMPLOYED 3 CORPS MEMBERS IN OFFICE IN KANO. THEIR JOB IS MAINLY ADMINISTRATIVE. BUT, I HAVE NOTICED A DANGEROUS LEVEL OF CARELESSNESS IN CARRYING THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES. WHAT DO I DO? AM NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR PERFORMANCE AT ALL. sad
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by kreamstaff: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2010
In reply to the person who lied about NYSC as a requirement at the embassy or even universities abroad for further degrees, YOU LIE! Also about it being a requirement by the CAC you lie double! I was interviewd at the BRITISH high commission 4 my visa when i went to do my MSC in UK and all of us were shocked that it was totally disregarded and absolutely not a requirement. There are loads of graduates i know including myself dat hav gotten very well paid jobs in the private sector as long as they can prove their worth to d coy, besides many companies in Naija have helped promising staff pay off their time at service while working 4 dem and still arrange 4 authentic certificates. U better stop lying to yrself and others. 4 yr info many of our politicians' kids just hav the cert arranged 4 dem. I wont name but i know 6 personally based in the UK. As long as u remain amongst d masses in 9ja u will be ignorant of wots really happenin at high levels.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by ulale: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
if the nysc refuses to mobilize you, can you bribe them to ley you serve?
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by lippyrat: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2011
A+
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2011
I'm going to be mobilized for the february batch. However,i'll will be leaving in september for my masters program in uk. Is there anyone who could link me up with someone in the southwest i can make a deal with?.THANKS
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:45am On Nov 21, 2011
kreamstaff:

In reply to the person who lied about NYSC as a requirement at the embassy or even universities abroad for further degrees, YOU LIE! Also about it being a requirement by the CAC you lie double! I was interviewd at the BRITISH high commission 4 my visa when i went to do my MSC in UK and all of us were shocked that it was totally disregarded and absolutely not a requirement. There are loads of graduates i know including myself dat hav gotten very well paid jobs in the private sector as long as they can prove their worth to d coy, besides many companies in Naija have helped promising staff pay off their time at service while working 4 dem and still arrange 4 authentic certificates. U better stop lying to yrself and others. 4 yr info many of our politicians' kids just hav the cert arranged 4 dem. I wont name but i know 6 personally based in the UK. As long as u remain amongst d masses in 9ja u will be ignorant of wots really happenin at high levels.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2012
Before anyone can get a federal or state government job with their certificate, they must have NYSC discharge. If you are planning to have ur own private firm, no need to have nysc discharge
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by envee(f): 12:50am On Sep 30, 2012
lippyrat: can someone please tell me the process of nysc remobilisation??

do u get to remain in the state u were or u get sent to another state?
does it mean u repeat the whole one year ??
do u get to repeat the 3 weeks camp
do u get paid if u get remobilised

i will really appreciate if u can tell me all u know about it . thanks

The NYSC re-mobilization process is quite easy but can be time consuming..one way to go about it is to visit the state secretariat at your previous state of deployment asking to be re-mobilized. Do the necessary documentations and you might be asked to see the disciplinary panel(if need be). The NYSC officials will then forward your file and request to Abuja from where the whole paperwork will be processed. You will be notified when you have been re-mobilized by the officials when they get a response from Abuja and then you are good to go.
(N.B: this is just one way to go about it. There might be other ways. Hopefully, more ppl can shed light on this)

I do not have accurate answers to your questions but I'll try to tell you the little I know...

a) Usually, the corp member is re-posted to his previous state of deployment except the corp member is able to convince the disciplinary panel why he/she should be posted to his own preferred state due to health or more complicated reasons.

b) Re-mobilization means the repetition of the entire service year. It doesn't matter if you completed just 3 or 4 months out of 12..."Extensions" on the other hand only compels the corp member to serve for the number of months he/she was absent in his/her PPA.

c)I am really not sure on this one..I guess its basically dependent on if you remain in your previous state of deployment.

d) uhm....not sure about the issue of payment as well.
Re: Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? by JustSkb: 6:51am On Dec 02, 2022
NYSC: 2022 BATCH C I & C II

For:
- Direct posting
- Relocation
- PPA
Payment on approval.

Call/Whatsapp:

Group link: https:///LY87EV9BaSo6Snh96HN2F5

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now That NYSC Is A Done Deal, What Next? (how To Prosper After NYSC) / Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC / 2016 Batch A Stream 2 PCM's: As We Await Our CUL This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.