Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot (6403 Views)

US Opts To Buy Nigeria’s Crude, Says Kachikwu / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by naso2(m): 9:10am On Nov 08, 2010

Presidential Aspirant on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, and former Chairman of the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu may have started testing the bitter pills of politics. Ribadu is said to have lost the support of former Lagos State Governor, Ahmed Bola Tinubu for the Presidential elections.

Ribadu had investigated Tinubu’s tenure as Governor of Lagos State while he served as the Chairman of the EFCC and in February 2007, Ribadu said in an interview, “Do not worry; we are coming out with a bombshell on Tinubu. All the Accounts he operates internationally have been investigated. Tell him that he will soon hear from us.”

But both men became political friends as soon as Ribadu decided to join the Presidential elections on the platform of ACN where Tinubu is a founding member.

Tinubu hitherto gave full support to the Presidential ambition of Ribadu and even toured around with him to some South West states where he canvassed for support for his Presidential aspiration. He is alleged to have also supported Ribadu financially in the course of his Presidential campaigns.

Sources told Pointblanknews.com that Tinubu has now dumped Ribadu to pitch his political tent with General Mohammadu Buhari with a hope of clinching the Vice-Presidential slot should the merger of the ACN and Congress for Progressive Change sails through.

According to a source, “Ribadu is not going to find it easy now with his presidential ambition because now that the merger talk between ACN and CPC is almost conclusive and it is becoming clear that Tinubu is going to revive his Vice Presidential ambition and team up with Buhari.”

The source added, “as I am talking to you now high level secret meetings have been going on lately between the Tinubu group and that of Buhari for a possible tag-team and if they finally agree to terms, you can be rest assured that Ribadu’s ambition will be over.”

Although sources told Pointblanknews.com that while Ribadu is not aware of Tinubu’s new moves, some ACN chieftains are not happy with the Presidential aspiration of Ribadu. It is alleged that core politicians in ACN who feel the former EFCC boss was foisted on the party would rather prefer a Buhari for the party’s presidential ticket.

The feelings of the core politicians within the ACN who are said to be major financial players in the party, informed the decision to reconsider the merger of talk with the Buhari group who left the party in protest to form CPC.

“You know Buhari had a lot of influence and respect within ACN and when he left in protest to form CPC, it was a major blow because his personality brought credibility to the party,” a source told pointblanknews.com

The source added “Ribadu’s membership is equally good but not to the extent of picking the party’s Presidential ticket. It is the opinion of some ACN chieftains that he still lacks the experience for a presidential politics and that is why Buhari is needed back.”

Although, it is not yet clear when the merger talk between the two parties would be concluded but sources hinted that before the middle of December both parties would have wrapped off the merger talk.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4147.html
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by naso2(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2010
Gbawe, where hath thou?
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by bibiking1(m): 9:55am On Nov 08, 2010
more conjectures and hearsays!
Can someone produce some concrete fact!
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Gbawe: 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2010
bibiking1:

more conjectures and hearsays!
Can someone produce some concrete fact!

Indeed.

@na_so. You wan't me to respond to "conjectures and hearsay"?
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Solomon227(m): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed.

@na_so. You wan't me to respond to "conjectures and hearsay"?

I can bet u this news is true even when I cant prove it. All I need to do is to put myself in Tinubu's shoes and wear his "sleeping figure 8" cap. Since BAT has given d ACN platform to Ribadu what has he been able to do with it compared to what Buhari has achieved wit his CPC? If I were to choose btw all diz candidates in a Nigeria free of corruption, tribalism and ethnicity I will go for Ribadu again and again but this is the naija we hav.
he wil fight to earn my vote cos I aint ready to waste it.
As old as Buhari is he has visited almost all the churches in the South canversing for supports. He actually sturned me by visiting the churches 2nd and 3rd times telling them he his not an extremist. With little resources, I have seen Buhari visiting more states outside the North asking for supports than Ribadu making similar efforts.
If Ribadu is serious he should identify his weak base (the old guards) and start going after their supports. It is not enough to be gathering dsame lettered folks and youths everytime as if they are d only stake-holders in this game. My advice to Ribadu-make every count (old and young) and go all out. He shuld strive to put his voice and face on d Dailies' frontpages evry-other-day.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2010
I think Tinubu is smart enough to know that Buhari is simply not electable.

Did anyone see his interview with Sahara? the man coughs after every sentence.

We are looking for a President not the sickest man in the Country.

After failing in 2 elections, he should back one of those who have been loyal to him to run for office that is what Statesmen do.

Buhari came into politics for a single reason. "What is in it for Buhari?"
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Muza(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2010
in politics,no permanent friend,just permanent interests.
Nigeria sai Buhari
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by sbeezy8: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2010

[size=14pt]Buhari May Clinch CPC Ticket Dec. 22 .[/size]

Monday, 08 November 2010 03:02 Shuaib Shuaib, Abuja   . .The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) has rescheduled its presidential primaries for December 22, 2010, when it will most likely elect former military head of state Gen Muhammadu Buhari as its presidential candidate.  So far, Buhari is the only aspirant that has shown interest in running for president on the platform of the party.

In a letter dated October 28, 2010, and addressed to the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the chairman of the CPC, Sen Rufai Hanga, explained that changes in dates for the party primaries, congresses and convention were as a result of the ongoing registration which is expected to  entrench internal democracy in the party.

Under the new timetable, the primaries to elect governorship candidates and those for the Senate, House of Representatives and state houses of assembly will hold on December 18, 2010.

The most fierce competition for a single CPC ticket is the December 18 race for the governorship ticket of Kano State which the party chairman along with Muhammad Abacha, former military administrator of Kaduna State Ja’afaru Isa, former deputy governor of Kano Magaji Abdullah and House of Representatives member Hon Farouk Lawan are contestants.

Delegates to the state congresses and national convention will be elected on December 1, 2010 at the local government area congresses where members of the local government executive committees will also be elected.

The party will on December 29 hold  a national convention to ratify the elected presidential candidate, and an earlier convention on December 15, 2010, to elect members of the party’s National Executive Committee.

State congresses to elect members of the State Executive committes will hold on December 8,2010, while the registration exercise for new members has been extended by a week and will now end on December 14, 2010.

Meanwhile, the national publicity secretary of the party, Dennis Aghanya has said the party, unlike other political parties, is determined to adhere strictly to INEC guidelines and hold congresses in every state of the federation.

Aghanya said, “Adhering to that principle, we are doing everything possible to adhere to INEC’s instruction that all parties must hold congresses to elect substantive leaders before primaries.

“Our leader, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, launched our new membership registration cards, setting the pace for a new membership drive for the party to ensure that all members and intending members are not in any way denied registration. Without creating a level playing field for the membership of the party, electing new leaders and subsequently primaries will be faulty.”
He added, “Our new membership registration exercise commenced on the 30th of October nationwide, and was also recently extended by another one week. The exercise will now close on the 14th of November 2010. Nigerians should avail themselves of this opportunity to join the CPC and participate in effecting the desired change.”

Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by sbeezy8: 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2010
The day i will believe buhari and tinubu coalition IS THE DAY BUHARI DUMPS CPC AND JOINS ACN- which wont happen.

ACN has three states and will not merge its slf under CPC which was created less than 6 months ago.

Tinubu is smarter than that esp with him and akande along with lai stressing the need of a youthful president.

i think jonathan is going to beat ribadu no doubt but in that process PDP will lose alot of states in the north and south
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Beaf: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2010
sbeezy8:

The day i will believe buhari and tinubu coalition IS THE DAY BUHARI DUMPS CPC AND JOINS ACN- which wont happen.

ACN has three states and will not merge its slf under CPC which was created less than 6 months ago.

Tinubu is smarter than that esp with him and akande along with lai stressing the need of a youthful president.

i think jonathan is going to beat ribadu no doubt but in that process PDP will lose alot of states in the north and south

The attractive thing to Tinubu will be the fact that Buhari has a political party that can win Northern sits. Ribadu has none.
Anyway, it is too late late for parties to merge (except the new legislation to potpone the elections allows it), so the article might not be 100%.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by oyewolejos(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2010
I think Ribadu should contest for Adamawa Guber post. ACN winning the Presidential Poll with Ribadu as the candidate is a mirage. I know for sure in a free poll he will win in Adamawa. Buhari/Tinubu ticket won't stand cos of religion. Christians will prefer to vote for GEJ instead of allowing Muslims-Muslim ticket. Nigerians are sensitive towards religion so i believe Tinubu wont make that mistake.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Gbawe: 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2010
sbeezy8:

I agree with what you say bar the last line. The ACN Party is very strong at the moment and stands the chance of ridding the Yoruba region of the PDP . If the SW region then gain more Fashola and oshiomhole type Governors , the PDP will be finished . With that in mind it is better for it to be a young progressive leading the way in progressive times when Nigerians want progressive change and a paradigm shift in political players and ideology. Folks should understand this is partly what is responsible for Jonathan's popularity i.e incompetent or not he is deemed as a change from Politicians of the past. It may be political effective to then combat him with like for like i.e another young Politicians who is also a break from the past. IBB is faltering because he is the past Nigerians would rather forget.

The ACN party listed youth as a required quality , in the first place, because everyone can see the trend locally and internationally. I like Buhari but I think in the end the ACN will see that Ribadu may be an easier sell. If Jonathan then wins the PDP ticket a Ribadu Presidency is a done deal , IMO, as he will likely take the North by default (if Buhari can be convinced to work with him) and the SW region because of the growing strenght of the ACN Party and the determination of the Yoruba folks to purge their region of the PDP. Buhari may work with Ribadu if he sees that he cannot win in the SW region. No one will become President with the votes from their region alone and this is where popularity accross Nigeria will matter. Tinubu and co will realise this. Even the Nairaland polls back my thinking because Ribadu , and not Buhari or anyone else, is always a respectable  second to Jonathan in our polls despite his so called "inexperience". This indicates Ribadu's strong popularity in the south as it is likely Nairaland is used mainly by Southerners. Jonathan , on the other hand, can never have such electoral popularity in the North- the most clannish region in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by sd6: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2010
Me I want Buhari nd Fashola. Ds match ll reproduce june 12 1993 electn results. There ll b zero tolerance 4 corruptn. Ribadu nd El rufai shud b efcc chairman nd fct minister resp. Dora Akunyili shud b Health Minister. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala shud b finance Minister. Chibuike Amaechi shud b Educatn Minister. Danjuma Goje shud b Power nd Electricity Minister. Gabriel Suswan nd Godswill Akpabio shud b Works nd Transport Minister. Donald Duke-Tourism Minister. Wen these changes r effectd,then we ll ve our dream Nigeria. Nigeria where d world ll envy. USA ll even partner wit us in all aspects nd our dreams ll come true. Nigeria need people who can bring solutions 2 our problems in govt irrespective of religious nd ethnic background. Witout these,we r headin 4 d doom.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by EzeUche0(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2010
Any Northern leader who wants to think about the presidency will need an Igbo VP. It is as simple as that.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by olafolarin(m): 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2010
EzeUche0:

Any Northern leader who wants to think about the presidency will need an Igbo VP. It is as simple as that.

In your dreams Or maybe in PDP,

ACN is not even thinking in that direction right now.The closest they have is Donald Duke bringing his LP to join ACN for the presidency Polls.

Tinubu has all the aces now to work with the best opposition candidate.Either Buhari or Ribadu with a southern Progressive will suffice.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by dayokanu(m): 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2010
A moslem-Moslem ticket might be a hard sell in current day Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by MaiSuya(m): 12:10am On Nov 09, 2010
olafolarin:

In your dreams Or maybe in PDP,

ACN is not even thinking in that direction right now.The closest they have is Donald Duke bringing his LP to join ACN for the presidency Polls.

Tinubu has all the aces now to work with the best opposition candidate.Either Buhari or Ribadu with a southern Progressive will suffice.

I think you're overestimating the influence of Tinubu. As much I detest these ethnic categorizations, I have to agree with Ezeuche on this one. If ACN wants to show itself as a truly national party and not the play thing of Tinubu, the 'southern progressive' you described above [i]should [/i]be of Igbo extraction, for only then will it be able to present a formidable challenge against the PDP.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by vigasimple(m): 12:18am On Nov 09, 2010
All of the above are political permutation by our armchair pundits.

GEJ has all the aces, even Rtd general Independence BomB Blast IBB ( or did I hear some one say BADLUCK) knows it. All of those candidates, Bhuari, Tinubu are all spent force. Power has changed hand.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Gbawe: 1:13am On Nov 09, 2010
sd-6:

Me I want Buhari nd Fashola.

That is fine. I also think Buhari has the makings of a good leader. We must however ask ourselves why it is Ribadu , the "inexperienced newcomer" who is giving GEJ , an incumbent President , the greatest challenge according to every poll Nigerians have participated in to date ? I think Nigerians are ready for a change . They wan't a bright future . They wan't modern and internationally acceptable leaders the entire world will respect. If we inspect the relevant parameters we will see that Ribadu is the leader who can , locally and internationally, gain the support required to defeat the PDP Vampires to set Nigeria on the path of progress . Buhari , on Nairaland or elsewhere has not won a single popularity poll. Buhari may be popular in the North but the effort to defeat the PDP will require a candidate who , with the right support, can become all things to all to Nigerians . Ribadu is the man. I respect Buhari but I feel he will fall short if we pay attention to how Nigerians are thinking currently.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by sbeezy8: 1:21am On Nov 09, 2010
Mai Suya:

I think you're overestimating the influence of Tinubu. As much I detest these ethnic categorizations, I have to agree with Ezeuche on this one. If ACN wants to show itself as a truly national party and not the play thing of Tinubu, the 'southern progressive' you described above [i]should [/i]be of Igbo extraction, for only then will it be able to present a formidable challenge against the PDP.

Wrong in 2007 atiku ran alongside ben obi from anambra on AC platform -WHICH SAYS ACN IS A NATIONAL PARTY. and it didnt WORK. Atiku even came in third, they played that "igbo card" and it failed, tho there was rigging, AC lost mainly because PDP,APGA,PPA are more dominant in SE.

best option tinubu has it to pick a vp from edo or sw WHERE HIS PARTY ALREADY EXISTS AND CAN WIN VOTES. ACN has no footing in the SE, its growing in the SW and edo.
It would be dumb for ACN to pick a vp from a region where they are not relevant and expect people to vote them just because its n igbo man on the ticket.

jonathan/pdp is winning all SE votes against any notherner point blank, but in the SW he cannot win more than half if anything against ACN.

Gbawe:

That is fine. I also think Buhari has the makings of a good leader. We must however ask ourselves why it is Ribadu , the "inexperienced newcomer" who is giving GEJ , an incumbent President , the greatest challenge according to every poll Nigerians have participated in to date ? I think Nigerians are ready for a change . They wan't a bright future . They wan't modern and internationally acceptable leaders the entire world will respect. If we inspect the relevant parameters we will see that Ribadu is the leader who can , locally and internationally, gain the support required to defeat the PDP Vampires to set Nigeria on the path of progress . Buhari , on Nairaland or elsewhere has not won a single popularity poll. Buhari may be popular in the North but the effort to defeat the PDP will require a candidate who , with the right support, can become all things to all to Nigerians . Ribadu is the man. I respect Buhari but I feel he will fall short if we pay attention to how Nigerians are thinking currently.

only way nuhu can beat GEJ is if buhari steps down and supports him
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by naso2(m): 11:47am On Nov 09, 2010
sbeezy8:

Wrong in 2007 atiku ran alongside ben obi from anambra on AC platform -WHICH SAYS ACN IS A NATIONAL PARTY. and it didnt WORK. Atiku even came in third, they played that "igbo card" and it failed, tho there was rigging, AC lost mainly because PDP,APGA,PPA are more dominant in SE.

best option tinubu has it to pick a vp from edo or sw WHERE HIS PARTY ALREADY EXISTS AND CAN WIN VOTES. ACN has no footing in the SE, its growing in the SW and edo.
It would be dumb for ACN to pick a vp from a region where they are not relevant and expect people to vote them just because its n igbo man on the ticket.

jonathan/pdp is winning all SE votes against any notherner point blank, but in the SW he cannot win more than half if anything against ACN.

Even if a SW vp is picked, you can be sure that GEJ would still wrestle at least 50% of the votes from SW. Then GEJ gets almost wholesale, the votes of SS and SE. NC and NE will be split between GEJ and the northern contender. The only zone he will let go will be NW .

For the presidential election , people will vote based on their perception of the candidate. For governorship it sure will be along party lines, this means that PDP might lose some SW states but GEJ would still get the votes in such states. Never underestimate the massive christian populace that will vote GEJ in lagos even when we know that AC almost has the governorship in the bag.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by xoxogg(f): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2010
sbeezy8:

Correct.

GEJ already has a lot of sympathy votes due to him being a SS man. As  Nigerians it is undeniable that some injustice has been done to them as to the development of their communities. Many Nigerians (SE,SW,SS n some parts of the North)  will vote simply for this reason; the believe that SS finally deserves a chance to rule. This already gives jonathan an edge over NR and Buhari.

But I dont buy that. If the north which has ruled more than any zone in this country produces a good candidate then vote I shall and vice versa, if SS produces a less than competent candidate, then i wont vote him and vice versa.  Simply put, all powers that be need to unite so the PDP monster can be eradicated from our Beloved Country. Though even if they unite its still not going to be an easy battle but it would definitely loose PDP some seats in the House and some States. And That I believe would be a giant leap in the cleansing  of this country.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by hakanai(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2010
oyewolejos:

I think Ribadu should contest for Adamawa Guber post. ACN winning the Presidential Poll with Ribadu as the candidate is a mirage. I know for sure in a free poll he will win in Adamawa. Buhari/Tinubu ticket won't stand cos of religion. Christians will prefer to vote for GEJ instead of allowing Muslims-Muslim ticket. Nigerians are sensitive towards religion so i believe Tinubu wont make that mistake.
na_so:

Even if a SW vp is picked, you can be sure that GEJ would still wrestle at least 50% of the votes from SW. Then GEJ gets almost wholesale, the votes of SS and SE. NC and NE will be split between GEJ and the northern contender. The only zone he will let go will be NW .

For the presidential election , people will vote based on their perception of the candidate. For governorship it sure will be along party lines, this means that PDP might lose some SW states but GEJ would still get the votes in such states. Never underestimate the massive christian populace that will vote GEJ in lagos even when we know that AC almost has the governorship in the bag.

^^^ its now religious votes abi. xtian for xtians and muslim for muslims.why all this mumu muslims dey allow themselves campaign or support GEJ. wink nasty as it sounds,you sound just like that.forget this thing people do.tribalism and religious politics.thsi is exactly what is making some people reject the likes of GEj and Buhari.Above all you should know after the elections,who ever wins will be responsible for all.So if people still feel bitter after elections we then get a government that is not progressive because of internal difference.typical case of Abuja bomb blast.North largely feel its MEND/GEJ aid.south thinks its IBB /Northern cabal. we could not wait for a common investigation.
people using the nairaland polls and other polls should brace up.i mean it is more than polls in Nigeria.it could be okay in USA,west and others not Naija. wink
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by KnowAll(m): 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2010
This election is Jonathan to lose, if he gets the primary ticket, he wins the election, any ambitious Politicians should wait until 2015. That is when all asunder will fight for the soul of the nation.

The big fight is in 2015
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by sbeezy8: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2010
na_so:

religion in lagos between either party doesnt matter because pdp members/supporters/govenor aspirants in lagos are muslims. example of lagos pdp top shotz- Aganga-williams muslim, Demola seriki muslim, Babatunde Gbadamosi (Badamosi) muslim,  Owolabi Salis muslim

so religion playing a part in GEJ winning votes in the SW or Lagos wont matter because those who are pdp lagos are muslim just like acn -they are even from the same hometowns. those who will vot for GEJ will be both christian and muslim. Those who will vote for ACN will be both chrsistian and muslim.
It will come down to the party not religion or region or ethinicity in this case. because neither president is yoruba. even if tinubu picks a vp from ss or se the sw will still be split over GJ.  because HALF alittle more(60%) want pdp out of government.

GEJ will mostlikely win 2011 but hes going to lose states the same time like i dont see pdp in existance after GEJ wins. massive decamps everywhere ND,SE.NS.NW,SWNE. and not because of GEJ but because PDP was built lies can you imagine all the igbos and northerners who will want GEJ to step down in 2015 for either of them? LOL its going to be FUNNY.

northerner are expecting to have a president after GEJ and igbos also lol
THERE ARE MANY NORTHERNERS AND IGBOS EXPECTING THE PRESIDENCY in 2015 -thats why many are voting for him in 2011
i think its funny

xoxo, :

Correct.

GEJ already has a lot of sympathy votes due to him being a SS man. As  Nigerians it is undeniable that some injustice has been done to them as to the development of their communities. Many Nigerians (SE,SW,SS n some parts of the North)  will vote simply for this reason; the believe that SS finally deserves a chance to rule. This already gives jonathan an edge over NR and Buhari.

But I dont buy that. If the north which has ruled more than any zone in this country produces a good candidate then vote I shall and vice versa, if SS produces a less than competent candidate, then i wont vote him and vice versa.  Simply put, all powers that be need to unite so the PDP monster can be eradicated from our Beloved Country. Though even if they unite its still not going to be an easy battle but it would definitely loose PDP some seats in the House and some States. And That I believe would be a giant leap in the cleansing  of this country.

see the only problem is i havent seen any nothern guys who can go against jonathan like really even ribadu is sooooo random.  i see jonathan winning 2011
but there def be nore pdp after GEJ
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by sbeezy8: 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2010
KnowAll:

This election is Jonathan to lose, if he gets the primary ticket, he wins the election, any ambitious Politicians should wait until 2015. That is when all asunder will fight for the soul of the nation.

The big fight is in 2015

2015 is THE YEAR see all the northerners telling GEJ that they will support him because they expect him to ONLY DO 4 YEARS! lol

All the igbos who are saying "2015 or nothing"! lol

im telling you either fashola, mimiko, donald duke should step out and SURPRISE THEM ALL. lol
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by sbeezy8: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2010
[size=14pt]2011 GEJ !!!!!!

2015 Fashola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by aca77: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
Most of the opinions here are quite enlightened. . . .but laughable nonetheless. How come you're all making permutations on the basis that VOTES would actually COUNT? Have you guys forgotton that clumsy little word called rigging? If Jonathan gets the PDP ticket like we're sure he will, is is possible for any other party's candidate to out-rig him at the polls? Lets get real please.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by IbrahimB: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2010
I would like to see Ribadu manage a state first b/4 considering a presidential ambition. A Buhari-Utomi ticket looks good to me! cheesy
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by iaabc(f): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2010
I quite agree that 2015 is the year of the real elections. For 2011, Jonathan is most likely to clinch.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by HamidO1(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2010
dayokanu:

A moslem-Moslem ticket might be a hard sell in current day Nigeria

True talk, RIBADU has a choice of getting a christian, I hope Nigerians will stand up this time.
Re: Tinubu Dumps Ribadu, Opts For Buhari. . . Eyes Vp Slot by Olalimits(m): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2010
Na   so   so   bombshell   person   go   dey   hear   during   preparation   towards   this   forthcoming   elections!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Deploys The Military And Armoured Tanks In PH To Intimidate Wike- PHOTOS / Buhari Getting Ready To Break Record As First Nigeria President To Resign / List Of On Going Federal Highway Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.