Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,395 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet (8163 Views)

Oshiomhole: Obaseki Sacked The Only Commissioner I Nominated In His Cabinet / Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries / Peter Obi: Why Buhari Is Yet To Form His Cabinet Weeks After Swearing-in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Ogagist2: 3:53am On Oct 18, 2019
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has promised that women will constitute between 40 and 50 per cent of his cabinet.

He also promised to prioritise road construction and rehabilitation, as well as education for the Ogun West Senatorial District as the 2020 budget is being prepared.

Roads in the senatorial district were described as the worst in the state when the governor held a town hall meeting with critical stakeholders of the senatorial district at Ilaro on Wednesday.

I want to assure you that my cabinet will have, if not 50 per cent of women, it will have at least 40 per cent. You voted for me to give you good governance and we will ensure that it cuts across every nook and cranny of the state.

The governor promised that the era of non-implementation of budget estimates was over, saying that he will ensure proper implementation of the 2020 budget when passed into law.

The governor noted that the district had been in the forefront for the socio-economic development of the state with its status as the industrial hub, increase in the number of industrial establishment and level of commercial activities.

The meeting had in attendance traditional rulers, elders and tradesmen, artisans and party stalwarts.

The leaders took turns to lament the deplorable state of intra-city and rural roads in the five local government areas of the district.

In his contribution, the governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress, in the last election, Gboyega Nasir Isiaka, called on the government to declare a state of emergency on roads, as it was the major challenge in the district.

Also speaking, Senator Akin Odunsi from Ado-Odo/Ota, said although Ogun West was the economic base of the state, it lacked good roads and other basic amenities.

https://punchng.com/50-of-my-commissioners-may-be-women-abiodun/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Ogagist2: 3:54am On Oct 18, 2019
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Ategberoson(m): 4:00am On Oct 18, 2019
and if they're 80% who cares beside does this mean he hasn't appoint commissioners since he resume office?

what sort of clown is this Dapo, I thought as much when I didn't hear anything from him lately. I will this, I will that

Mr man we want to hear we have done this, no one needs your promise upon promise. do quick and make my Ogun people enjoy good governance

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by OgogoroNo2: 4:08am On Oct 18, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by dimexy247(m): 4:14am On Oct 18, 2019
Great
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Amuluonyenaego: 4:15am On Oct 18, 2019
Pls who can help me with the cartoonist number, it's not in my phone again after I lost my former phone.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by 9jaWebSolution: 4:16am On Oct 18, 2019
Don't just put drama queens to those sits grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by anambraamaka: 4:18am On Oct 18, 2019
Women or competent people?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 18, 2019
Ok next news
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by jihday(m): 4:39am On Oct 18, 2019
That means this joker have not appointed commissioners? Since May that you've been sworn in you still telling us what you will or won't do. Clueless human

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by LordIsaac(m): 4:45am On Oct 18, 2019
I have really suffered from women controlled administration in school due to gross incompetence and their personal problems... With respect to women with personal principles, I wish the state good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by pwanbusiness: 4:51am On Oct 18, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by sunnywhyt007: 4:55am On Oct 18, 2019
Nice Strategy �
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by kayusely70(m): 4:56am On Oct 18, 2019
As we eagerly await your cabinet members let them be majorly technocrats and young with energy and politiaians of good pedigree.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by eternityk: 4:58am On Oct 18, 2019
This guy should build massive housing estates
Create industrial cities in all senatorial zone of Ogun
Build farms with machines that are ready to process the produce, not all these agbe farmers
He should build three airports
One international in Abeokuta
One domestic each in ota and ijebu ode
He should build every roads
Rebuild every schools
God! I wish I was the governor of any yoruba state
God,y did u make these idiots governor
So many ideas I have for yoruba land wasting
Yoruba leaders are all useless
Totally useless!!
Governance to them is like rocket science
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 5:00am On Oct 18, 2019
We don’t care. Put competent people either women or men. Trying to patronize women as usual. All na politics.

5 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by lagosminded: 5:05am On Oct 18, 2019
lol

anambraamaka:
Women or competent people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Opinedecandid(m): 5:08am On Oct 18, 2019
And I know why.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 18, 2019
You mean to say this dude doesn't have commissioners yet?

Wow! I used to think Buhari was the worst. This man just set new standards.

4 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Turks: 5:20am On Oct 18, 2019
EL oh EL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by yaromaikyau(m): 5:23am On Oct 18, 2019
OK
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by yinkus6750(m): 5:24am On Oct 18, 2019
After depriving the Ogun West Senatorial district of the governorship seat, its now promise galore.
Hope the needful is done in the years ahead. Ado odo Ota is the commercial nerve centre of the state, yet the worst in terms of amenities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Gazzy88(m): 5:31am On Oct 18, 2019
eternityk:
Build farms with machines that are ready to process the produce, not all these agbe farmers
Rebuild every schools
Totally useless!!
Rubbish
3 airports in ogun state? Even Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria only have one airport. Yes govt ain't rocket science but not the way you sees it. Ever wonder why most governors do the opposite to what their campaign mantra was when finally elected? It's because it's easy to promise heaven and earth while campaigning but realities won't permit you. What you should have advised is a fully-functional farm settlements across the state plus a cargo airport to ship those things abroad. Upgrading of existing schools with a support from private companies that abounds in the state. Building access roads to major towns and cities in ogun state. Building of low cost housing estates just like pa jakande did in Lagos. Declaring a state of emergency in education, health care and sanitation. Those aforementioned are still feasible to all those things you said. Leadership is beyond petty emotion and sentiments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by PureGoldh(m): 5:38am On Oct 18, 2019
Cool
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by toprealman: 5:38am On Oct 18, 2019
All noise. Apart from Okelewu- GRA Ibara axis, Abeokuta looks like a depressed village. No roads, city aesthetics is horrible. Sango-Ota......a journey of 1 million miles.
The area around sweet sensation sef na die. This man talks more than he bites.......and he wants us to see him as a bull dog, story.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Gazzy88(m): 5:43am On Oct 18, 2019
kayusely70:
As we eagerly await your cabinet members let them be majorly technocrats and young with energy and politiaians of good pedigree.
You eagerly awaits right? 5 months after his victory and not commissioners yet. If I hear any governor competing with this dude in terms of mediocrity and clueless visions, we are gonna meet in court. We don enter one chance for ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Starhearts: 5:46am On Oct 18, 2019
Amuluonyenaego:
Pls who can help me with the cartoonist number, it's not in my phone again after I lost my former phone.

Keep quiet.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by supercase1(m): 5:47am On Oct 18, 2019
eternityk:
Rebuild every schools
Totally useless!!
Rubbish
Every thing is budget my man! !!!! U think it's that easy try yo research the cost of building an airport and then how much of revenue is generated in ogun state and how much goes to workers, salaries,maintancemetc
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 18, 2019
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

NPC To Conduct E.A.D Updating Exercise In 170 LGAs Nationwide. / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram / Buhari's Poorly Spoken English With Heavily Accented Fulani Is A Disgrace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.