Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? (4756 Views)

The Changing Skyline Of Lagos: 10 Buildings To Look Out For In 2016 / Portacabin,office Container Cabin & Prefab Buildings Manufacturer In Nigeria / Quality Prefab Buildings And Portable Cabins At Affordable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? by Grouppoint(m): 12:34pm On May 21, 2007
I am thinking of building medium income homes using Prefabricated engineering technology.
The houses would be built much quicker and cheaper than the standard technique of onsite laying of bricks.

Is this a good idea in Nigeria?
Does anyone have any insight as to whether this method of construction would sell.
Re: Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? by netzymes(m): 2:02pm On May 21, 2007
Have a look at www.cubichomes.com and have done quite alot of work on estates etc - they have been around for a few years. Quite a few companies in Nigerian buy and use the cubichomes panel for their construction. There are also other technology based developers, but cant remember their website addresses.
Re: Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? by Ladz(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2007
Would prefabs work? Yep! There is a dearth of quality stock housing in Nigeria and the supply rate is much lower than demand so tyhere is your market.

I often hear of new technology which usually translates to more money. The key for a developer may be quicker build but doies this translate to cheaper for the buyer because that combination of quick and cheap is what the market needs for a freal breakthrough.

But long and short is yep! Quicker delivery to the buyer will be welcomed in the market.
Re: Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? by Grouppoint(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2007
I get the impression that the average Nigerian will prefer a solid 'Concrete structure' to a prefab build.
In the Uk, USA and many parts of Europe, houses have been built with timber framework. These can last considerably longer than our methods of building in Naija, but it seems the mentality will not go away.
Re: Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? by laudate: 8:42pm On May 22, 2007
What kind of material will be used for the pre-fabricated houses? That is important. Nigerians need something that will provide a solid, structural shell and so far, concrete seems to be their preference. The Dolphin Hosing Estate in Lagos was built for the state government by an Israeli firm named HFP Engineering. Those houses were constructed using prefabricated concrete slabs.

The model being built by Cubic Homes also has a concrete mix, in it. If your model can incorporate durability & cost-effectiveness, please go ahead. There is an acute shortage of housing stock & if your units are moderately priced, you will have people beating down your door to get a piece of the action.
Re: Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? by globaljobs(m): 10:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
Prefab buildings sell. You simply have to define the right target market and reach that market through creative marketing techniques and products that appeal to your defined target market.
Re: Prefab Buildings - Will It Sell? by Slam15(m): 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice post,i believe the mentality is only the problem. As for me,i need a favor from all concerned plz. I'm abt starting my prjct on "Feasibility of Prefabricatea Buildings a Case Stuy of......." and i'm finding it difficult to source materials to work with. Plz can any1 assist me.

(1) (Reply)

A Room And Parlor Self Contain Apartment For Rent / A Room Self Contained For Rent In Ado-ekiti / Home Automation Experts In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.