Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Jonathan's Serial Losses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Serial Losses (6713 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast / Beautification Of Lagos: Pains & Losses Of Petty Traders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
One Kelechi Eme’s comment on THE NATION website (www.thenationonlineng.net) last Thursday is instructive. Verbatim:

"Another humiliating defeat for President Ebele Jonathan’s team. The team is now a serial loser and the trend will continue until the final defeat is inflicted upon them in 2011. Check out the list of defeats:

· Failure to persuade PDP caucus, BOT and NEC to expunge zoning from the party’s constitution

· Failure to win the battle for e-registration in PDP

· Failure to ensure that the presidential primaries of the PDP is conducted first in the order of election

· Failure to smuggle ambush clauses into the amended electoral law

· Failure to install his South West campaign coordinator as chairman of governors’ forum.

Is somebody listening?
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/columnist/monday/soji-omotunde/18257.html
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
The reasons I personally believe GEJ is too weak to control this country.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2010
U ve never failed to exhibit your dislike for Gej. Almost on every thread that discusses Gej as the subject, u ve had opposing views about the man. Why?
2. Which of the other 4 Hausa Muslims in persons of babangida, atiku, buhari&the former security adviser Gusau would perform better than Gej judging by their antecedence?
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2010
Failure to get NASS to approve his borrowing from Abroad
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2010
The mighty Obasanjo could not get his choice of PDP chairman elected, instead he was defeated by the governors who imposed Ogbulafor. Would anybody call Obj weak?
Its damn funny the way you guys keep calling Jonathan weak, while he "weakly" defeats the powerful, from the cabal to military posturers, from the fuel mafia to the NEPA mafia. They are all "weakly" falling in defeat. grin
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2010
^^^^

That was while OBJ was out of office and Yar'adua was President.

When OBJ was President who be Governor?

The constitution and Nigerians defeated the Cabal not Jonathan
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2010
krendo:

^^^^

That was while OBJ was out of office and Yar'adua was President.

When OBJ was President who be Governor?

The constitution and Nigerians defeated the Cabal not Jonathan

You are wrong, Ogbulafor emerged in Obasanjo's time and he was the governors choice. People have always made claims of weakness against Nigerian leaders, even when they are as powerful as Obasanjo. It is a throwback to military regimes that we must outgrow:

[size=14pt]As Ogbulafor Emerges PDP Chairman Obasanjo Loses Grip[/size]
Suleiman Bisalla and Muideen Olaniyi
9 March 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abuja — Prince Vincent Ogbulafor yesterday emerged as the fifth National Chairman of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) after weeks of horse-trading and intrigues.

Ogbulafor, formerly national secretary of the party, emerged in a consensus arrangement which saw 26 other contestants stepping down for him at the party's National Convention in Abuja.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200803090001.html
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Solomon227(m): 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
U guys shuld be careful what u ask for. Some1 is letting your voice and votes count u are shouting he is weak. Ok make una wait and see he would soon heed your calls for him to b strong like OBJ and IBB.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by osifred(m): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2010
jarus i will be very happy if you can answer the question posed by toba.
thanks
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Gbawe: 12:42am On Nov 10, 2010
toba:

U ve never failed to exhibit your dislike for Gej. Almost on every thread that discusses Gej as the subject, u ve had opposing views about the man. Why?
2. Which of the other 4 Hausa Muslims in persons of babangida, atiku, buhari&the former security adviser Gusau would perform better than Gej judging by their antecedence?

Why do many Nigerians and Africans fail to understand opposition politics? Here we talk about "hatred, dislike, badbelle, envy " etc without understanding that , even in civilised nations , it is par for the course to discredit the opposition camp as much as possible . I have witnessed many general elections in the UK. it ain't pretty. America is no different. Hilary Clinton savaged Obama until he defeated her to be Party candidate.

Jarus does not wan't GEJ to be President in 2011. He is therefore duty bound to show why Jonathan is a poor candidate in comparison to his own choice . If Jonathan is making the job of the opposition camp easy , with many errors of judgement, don't accuse them of "disliking" Jonathan when they write to highlight how Jonathan is f.ucking up. It is all tactics used by everyone , including the Jonathan camp, to sway public opinion . Stop speaking as if anyone hates Jonathan personally .
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Obiagu1(m): 12:50am On Nov 10, 2010
As Ogbulafor Emerges PDP Chairman Obasanjo Loses Grip
Suleiman Bisalla and Muideen Olaniyi
9 March 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abuja — Prince Vincent Ogbulafor yesterday emerged as the fifth National Chairman of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) after weeks of horse-trading and intrigues.

Ogbulafor, formerly national secretary of the party, emerged in a consensus arrangement which saw 26 other contestants stepping down for him at the party's National Convention in Abuja.

@ beaf, when did OBJ leave office?
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 1:05am On Nov 10, 2010
Obiagu1:

My bad. I mixed up the governors forums sacking of Abdullahi Adamu to spite Obj with the culmination of his long running battle with them that saw the defeat of his candidate, Sam Egwu by the governors choice in 2008. They are very similar stories.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by marcdunu: 1:39am On Nov 10, 2010
Obiagu1:

Ignore the fool

This is how he goes on abusing others based on half baked knowledge
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 1:47am On Nov 10, 2010
marcdunu:

Ignore the fool

This is how he goes on abusing others based on half baked knowledge

Does that make you feel better?
Unlike me, you always talk foolishly and never take corrections. grin
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2010
toba:

2. Which of the other 4 [b]Hausa Muslims in persons of babangida, atiku, buhari&the former security adviser Gusau would perform better than Gej judging by their antecedence?[/b]

First, I'm an avowed PDP hater, and I have subscribed to Sonala Olumhese's proposal that 'to defeat PDP is a task that must be done'. IBB and Atiku are surely worse than GEJ, Gusau only a joker, and Bukola Saraki, even though more charismatic than GEJ, can also not be trusted. So all the PDP aspirants are five fingers of a leprous hand, to quote the Cicero of Esa-Oke's word.

I have never hidden my choice on this forum: Give me Buhari or Ribadu. You can not call either of them weak. With a Buhari or Ribadu presidency, I expect corruption to be tackled head-on, an entrenchment of discipline, a farewell to the era of lazy civil and public service. You can say Buhari is a religious bigot, but no less Christians than Pastors Tunde Bakare and Moses Iloh have openly declared their support for him. Buhari has a clear cut economic ideology if you don't know. That NR is passionate about this country is not something for debate. Even if NR rides on Tinubu's back to power, I'm confident he will not do Tinubu's bidding if it will not be to the interest of the country. These are men that can make difference.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 10, 2010
Now to why I don't support GEJ. GEJ initially entered the polity as a gentleman. We all fought the cabal and believed Jonathan should be installed. He started well, appointing someone believed to be credible as an electoral umpire. But later events showed that the man is getting more and more desperate for his ambition. The manner he managed the Independence Bomb Blast was amateur - his incoherence is unpresidential, every statement he makes needs interpretation. Using all means to fight opposition - like the plot to remove his opponent Bukola Saraki as NGF Chair and install the coordinator of his campaign in SW as replacement. Pls don't tell me GEJ doesn't know about this. Take it or leave it, no governor dared look at Obj's face when he was there, but today, governors don't even respect him. Will such a man be able to manage a whole country with its complexities? Slow as YRD was too, he was able to avert nationwide strike in 2007 when Obj left increasing VAT charge, fuel price, selling refineries etc. I fear for GEJ's crisis management skills.

Add other events like the attempt to change electoral laws, make MPs delegates etc and you will agree that GEJ is just another PDP politician or at least having good intention but being pushed by some evil people.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Remii(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2010
^^^^ You should add "Attacking and destroying 6-3-3-4 because it is a legacy of IBB"
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Akanbiedu(m): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2010
Jarus:

First, I'm an avowed PDP hater, and I have subscribed to Sonala Olumhese's proposal that 'to defeat PDP is a task that must be done'. IBB and Atiku are surely worse than GEJ, Gusau only a joker, and Bukola Saraki, even though more charismatic than GEJ, can also not be trusted. So all the PDP aspirants are five fingers of a leprous hand, to quote the Cicero of Esa-Oke's word.

I have never hidden my choice on this forum: Give me Buhari or Ribadu. You can not call either of them weak. With a Buhari or Ribadu presidency, I expect corruption to be tackled head-on, an entrenchment of discipline, a farewell to the era of lazy civil and public service. You can say Buhari is a religious bigot, but no less Christians than Pastors Tunde Bakare and Moses Iloh have openly declared their support for him. Buhari has a clear cut economic ideology if you don't know. That NR is passionate about this country is not something for debate. Even if NR rides on Tinubu's back to power, I'm confident he will not do Tinubu's bidding if it will not be to the interest of the country. These are men that can make difference.

The only contestant in PDP that is in the class of GEJ is Gusau. All others are better than him.

Buhari is my man for 2011 but still I know the difference between those PDP crooks.

GEJ is just NOT it at all. Let us even forget about zoning or not. That guy is just NOT there. Why would governors respect him? Respect is earned.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Gbawe: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

The only contestant in PDP that is in the class of GEJ is Gusau. All others are better than him.

Buhari is my man for 2011 but still I know the difference between those PDP crooks.

GEJ is just NOT it at all. Let us even forget about zoning or not. That guy is just NOT there. Why would governors respect him? Respect is earned.

Indeed . The guy will be an absolute disaster if given four years . Just look at the gangsterism Gbenga Daniel is getting away with in Ogun State. No GEJ fan has attempted to respond to criticism of his terrible handling of the Ogun State impeachment debacle. A very dangerous precedence was set which would, at the very least, have encouraged the most lawless Nigerian leaders to think that they can act as lawlessly and undemocratically as they wan't under GEJ.

Look at how 10 Governors , out of 36, attempted a crude coup by removing Saraki as NGF chairman and announcing Gbenga Daniel as the new Chairman ? What manners of madness we are seeing under GEJ. Gbenga Daniel, perhaps the worst Governor in Nigeria, and the instigator of an illegal impeachment is rewarded by being announced GEJ's campaign coordinator in the SW region and as the Chairman of the Governor's forum just because of the desperation to secure a win for GEJ and the corrupt institution that needs a leader that will keep it "business as usual"
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by omojand: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2010
GEJ is just NOT it at all. Let us even forget about zoning or not. That guy is just NOT there. Why would governors respect him? Respect is earned

Placed in the context of Nigerian politics of today, this statement is quite mis-informed indeed. In Nigerian politics and especially in the govs forum, you don't get respect for doing the right thing!!! What an un-elected band of currupt holigans (with the exception of a handful),  inept, conniving and self-serving impostors!
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Akanbiedu(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2010
^^^^^

What right thing has Jonathan done? Give me one!

The problem you guys have is that you think Jonathan is ordained by God. "Touch not my anointed" abi?
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2010
A leader earn's the respect of the Political elite when they can formulate an agenda and mobilise the country through charismatic leadership to believe in a common goal. Then your colleagues will have no choice but to respect you because they know you have the loyalty of the people.

The is the simple reason nobody respects GEJ because elite Nigerian Politicians look at GEJ and see a man who has no business being the leader of this country as he is clearly not up to the job.

But If I must be fair everything said about GEJ above by Jarus can also be said about Ribadu and Buhari. Lets not try to forge it but the later 2 are as incoherent as GEJ when it comes to speech making; Buhari may even need an interpreter to interprete his own version of English to a version the rest of us can understand. (Did anybody see Buhari's interview with Saharareporters? I can not immagine 2011 Nigeria presenting a fellow like that to the rest of the world).

When you talk about GEJ's attempt to change delegate rules through the NASS, or to install Gbenga Daniel as chairman of Governors forum it follows a pattern of our past leaders making easier undemocratic choices as opposed to sticking to laid down rules and ethics even if they turn out to be harder. We saw Buhari do this when he tried to sensor the media with Decree No. 4 and prevent all kinds of varying opinnions to his leadership style; such dictator should have no place in a democracy. We have also seen Ribadu flout court injunctions and disrespect laid down rules when he was EFCC chairman. You can argue all you like about the nobility of Ribadu's mission but it still falls into a culture of leaders who attempt to take the easy way out.

Talking about Weakness. Some of us have potrayed weakness to mean being soft. That is not always the case, I have also seen hot headed dictators who have ended up being very weak leaders. Yes Buhari can turn out to be eventually weaker than GEJ will ever be and so can Ribadu. You can either turn out to be a weak leader if you are very indecisive, lack vision and uncharismatic (GEJ case in point); OR you can also turn out to be a very weak leader if you are simply a hot head, unable to reach useful compromises, listens to no one and take unilateral decisions all the time (in this case Buhari).

Quite frankly 2011 looks very dark for me, all of the Presidential candidates are far from what we should be seeking after 50years of independence and sometimes I blame OBJ for this. During his 8year reign for all the good things he did OBJ's politics was not grounded in any values, PDP believes in nothing, our opposition opposes nothing. It really breaks my heart in the run up to 2011 elections.

Being against corruption is not a policy, neither is having a reputation as a hard man; who has the solution to the Fight Against Corruption and how it can be won successfully within the ambits of the law?
Who has the solution on the economy? Buhari has not told us his economic policies and neither has he defended them? I am not talking taking a page on the newspaper and hiring a journalist to dump all sorts of crap, we want to hear it from the horses mouth.

Buhari was asked why he is running by SaharaReporters. He had no reason to be President other than the fact that it is his constitutional right to run as the constitution provides a minimum age and not a maximum age. In essence Buhari is suggesting he is running for the sake of running just to fulfill his constitutional rights but not to change the fortunes of this country. Nothing can be more selfish and senseless than that.

Buhari has failed twice he should go and rest.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
Jarus How do you criticise GEJ of Incoherence and support this?

What's Buhar's Anticorruption policy?

: Declaration of assets. This policy I believe is in existence and has not solved the problem.
Yar'adua declared his assets but yet made his wife his walking Bank, How do you police that?

I did not know that Gowon was a civilian Head of State?

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITI0dRDjD4?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2010
^
Is Buhari a smoker? Thats one heck of a cough!!!! shocked
Yar Adua was a chain smoker.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
The man is clearly not well

This is how sick Yar'adua sneaked into Aso Rock and the country suffered for it.

I don't know why nobody is talking about all the coughing

Is this what Nigeria wants to put up with post 2011?

Thank you Saharareporters sha.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by OYBMEND: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2010
Buhari will clearly need an interpreter to communicate with the Nation.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2010
Military Dictators should allow democrats in the North to lead the country

SAI Atiku!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2010
The guy is a looser and he will keep on loosing, ask yourself did he ever contest and win bloody parasiter!!!
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Gbawe: 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2010
The nonsense about Ribadu not being eloquent should stop right now. He may not be Obama but he is not a poor communicator like others at all. One cannot compare Ribadu to Buhari or GEJ.

Nairalanders please listen to this unscripted interviews and state without bias wether Ribadu does not express himself well. Maybe some folks should confess to having a problem with his Northern accent. Last I checked it is not required or even desirable for all Nigerian Presidential candidates to speak with an American accent. If you speak clearly and use correct grammer what more is required? Obama-type Preacher delivery delivered in an American twang by a Nigerian President ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-d-EhyRGhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqGSQU8FKk

Ribadu's address at the State of the nation conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OcKWGS5YvE

Ribadu's message to Nigerian youths:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7GZCdogi_w
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2010
Gbawe

There is no doubt that there are videos of Ribadu where he spoke sensibly but there are also videos of Ribadu on the internet that are CRINGE WORTHY.

I have said it before you guys should stop mentioning Obama when you talk about Nigerian Politicians. Obama is not the standard because thats just too high and not realistic. Obama is one of the best Public Speakers in American History.

All we ask Ribadu is to be at all times coherent and smooth like his North East brother Tafawa Balewa (thats not to much to ask)
Why can't Buhari be as clear as his NorthWest brother Shehu Shagari
Or why can't Jonathan be coherent and articulate as his Niger-Delta brother Donald Duke

Communication skills is very important in leadership, that is how you mobilise the citizens around a common agenda to influence legislation in the House or push back special interest and uphold National Interest. This is how great public speakers like Kenedy, Raegan, Clinton, Blair changed their various countries.

In hindsight we can question the economics behind Nigeria's Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) of the 1980s but at the begining the Nigerian people genuinely believed in it because IBB was a good communicator. (I am not asking IBB to come back though)

For me any leader with very poor communication skills should find something else to do. Everybody must not be President.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by banom(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
Jarus the Aboki Looser, Continue showcasing your stupidit*y.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So, Zik And Balewa Conspired Against Awolowo? / List Of Job Openings In Anambra State(try your luck) / Sanwo-Olu Approves Free Healthcare For 50,000 Orphans, Elderly, Vulnerable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.