Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:21 PM

NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? (15327 Views)

NYSC Is Wasting Our Time With Their Inconsistency / Was Your NYSC A Waste Of Time? / Opinion: What NYSC Is Like In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by femicensus: 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2009
It depends on individual opinion. For me, i first taught it was a waste of time as you said but as time moves on i started know the positive aspects of it. lets be realistic. Sometimes, I just sit down and think my and i colleagues used to played,argued on the issues bothering this country. Though we still network but i miss some of them for real.

I believe you will realize very soon.

Lest I forget, Na da female corper den enjoy the NYSC pass! take me on, sample their opinions from feedback, u agree with me
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by oladayo042: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2009
AS YOU ARE NOW GOING INTO THE LABOUR MARKET, , An Interregnum between SCHOOL LIFE and UNEMPLOYMENT.
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by Rapmoney(m): 1:03am On Jul 25, 2009
Hey,what ya'all talking about? NYSC is a complete waste of time.
Ask anybody who served in Baruteen Local Govt. Area of Kwara state and they will tell you what they experienced.
Our closest neighbours then were goats and rams.
The accomodation was bad and the Allowance was nothing(and it's still nothing)to be proud of.
Look,the government should just save their resources and energy they are putting into this programme.
Instead,why not give these young graduates that 1million they claim to place on each corp member as soon as they graduate, atleast that will be a good start for investment grin
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by Meyour: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
NYSC is a life time issue cos it's d joy of a man coming 2 reality, but there should be more justice to it.
It is unfair when we say LET US SERVE OUR FATHER LAND nd some pple refuse to report 2 their deployed state, are we not the same NIGERIAN?
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by ennydoc: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2012
Nysc, facts and fiction
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
Different comments from different people. Anyway I av been serving 5months in this town and I still don't even know what I'm doing here. As far as I'm concerned ooo... NYSC is just there. I'm stuck here for 5 more months.
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by muredo(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
I thought is a waste of time before,until i want to to apply for alot of scholarship and job vacancy,it pain sha,bt 18th oct is here already,i cant wait
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2012
Let's resurrect this thread!!!!!!
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by ugoembassy: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2012
Saying that NYSC is a waste of time is a symbol of Visionlessness. NYSC is a glorious scheme. it is one year of beautiful experience. Scrapping NYSC will cost this nation so much, because it just a year that gives the Nigerian youth the opportunity to add value to their lives and to prepare for the challenge of LIFE AFTER SCHOOL. NYSC has helped so many youths like me to become the best we can be in life. NYSC WILL NEVER DIE.
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by wole5: 2:23pm On May 15, 2013
After passing out of NYSC as a Batch C 2012 corp member, my 5 months outstanding allowance is still pending. I attend every CDS, submit every PC, but still I'm made to face disciplinary committee before I could collect my discharge certificate thank God for several letters I've written and photocopies of vouchers which testified for my coherent submission of my PCs. Eight ( months after passing out, my unpaid allowance is not worked on only for the Account department asking me for another letter requesting for the outstanding allowance (what has my previous letter effected?). I need your view or am I the only one in this mess? I need help or my money is gone
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by henrybenny(m): 11:46pm On May 21, 2013
NYSC is good but most ladies use it as an opportunity to misbehave , cheat on their guys or husband , last year ,a pregnant married woman was caught having sex with another guy , what a shame , and other stories of ladies being fooled by guys with the issue of marriage , for me NYSC is a place or time for ladies to misbehave
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by chiedu7: 11:47am On Mar 05, 2015
NYSC WAS DESIGNED TO TAKE MAN POWER FROM THE SOUTH TO THE NORTH PERIOD
Re: NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? by Livinus90: 12:51am On Feb 09, 2021
Nice one
picoba:
Remember, this is a program that is well designed in order to promote unity in Nigeria.
Following the lay down constitutions, it has been abused beyond reasonable doubt.
What we should be expecting in the sector is reformation.
It is a very good programme. What you are seen now, is the dividend of Corruption and all the rest that affecting this Nation.

If we are agitating that NYSC prgramme is a waste of time. What about the University or Polytechnics are they not. Imagine a student that meant to spend 4 or 5 years in a University and end up spending 5 to 6 years or more without any achievement. (I mean no skills or knowledge). This is just a simple illustration we have several of them.

I want us to stop looking into a subset of a whole in passing judgment, rather study the whole before passing comment.

The so call NYSC staff, most of them are very corrupt. They cannot interpret why NYSC was instituted.

So I want you to get it right is not the Programme, but the entire system. "NYSC is a wast of Time" if yes. Then we can as well saying, schooling in Nigeria is a wast of time and as well leaving in Nigeria.

My advice:
Anything you want to do whatsoever, there must be a pre-define goal. I'm going for this programme what I my going to achieve? How can I achieve them? Of what importance are they? Will it benefit me in the nearest future?
I want to tell you there are a lot of things to gain during service year, it only depend on the way it appear to you. All you need to do is to reschedule your programme. Ir respect or place you are posted to.
During my own time I was posted to a city, but mind you most of corps member are being used as a ceremonial coper.

In your area of interest, I mean your profession, have you acquired skills that can make you somebody in life. Think of it. The only thing we get in most of our school here in Nigeria is Knowledge, if you are the type that wait to take it while in school.

There are a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul / 731 Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 – Presidential Task Force / Corpers Prepare Food For IDPs At Malkori Camp, Adamawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.