Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

PDP Condemns Attack On Wada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Condemns Attack On Wada (11276 Views)

PDP Condemns Arrest Of Governor Fubara's Loyalists In Abuja / Imo PDP Condemns Ruling In Favour Of Okorocha / PDP Condemns Invasion Of Akwa-ibom House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by ibibiofirstlady(f): 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
October 20, 2019

Press Statement

PDP Condemns Attack On Wada, Killing by APC
[left][/left]…Says Assault Shows APC Fears Electoral Defeat

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) condemns, in totality, the attack on its Kogi governorship candidate, Engr. Musa Wada and the killing of innocent Kogi citizen on Saturday by thugs alleged to be working for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The party says the attack shows that the APC and Governor Yahaya Bello have become discomfited over Engr. Wada’s soaring popularity across Kogi state which signals an impending inevitable electoral defeat for the APC at the November election.

The PDP invites Nigerians to note how the APC attacked the venue of our governorship primary and having failed to stop us from producing a credible candidate, have now resorted to making attempts at the life of our candidate, knowing that he is already coasting to victory.

The PDP however cautions the APC to note that there is a limit to what the people of Kogi state, who have made up their minds to vote in Engr. Wada as their next governor, can stomach, particularly at this critical time.

If anything, this attack on our candidate has further united the people of Kogi state behind our party, in their readiness to take back their state, no matter the machination of the APC.

The APC is therefore cautioned to rein in their thugs as any further attack on our candidate or any member of the PDP for that matter, portends consequences of unimaginable proportion.

The APC knows that our party has the highest demography of members, supporters and volunteers in all the electoral units, wards and local governments across the state. Such an array should not in any way be undermined.

The PDP states that resorting to violence cannot help the APC in this election. This is so because Kogi state is home to PDP and the people have made up their minds to replace Governor Yahaya Bello with Engr. Wada on November 16, and nothing can change that resolve.

Our party therefore calls on the Inspector General of Police to guarantee adequate security ahead of the election and ensure that the APC does not in any way, achieve its aim of disrupting the electoral process, knowing that it will be defeated.

Signed:

Kola Ologbondiyan
National Publicity Secretary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by mejai(m): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
Na wa o
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by funmijoyb(f): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kogi isn't for pdp..i think pdp should go for beyelsa.

With Ribadu, elrufai or Tinubu PDP will never near power in 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by Valkrie: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ok

20 Likes

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by rentAcock(m): 5:07am On Oct 21, 2019
The last thing I will ever do on this earth is to fight anyone based on party affiliation, it is the dumbest thing and definitely not what the founders of democracy envisioned.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by uthlaw: 5:07am On Oct 21, 2019
Both parties are motherfuckers, the people of kogi,vote a candidate from different party, PDP and APC are party of modern slavery!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by Drienzia: 5:08am On Oct 21, 2019
i don’t know why politics in most third world countries tend to be very violent, especially in Africa. In all these, the innocent voters tend to suffer it and also are the scapegoats when these political parties are at loggerheads. I think Inec should be more independent and should be able curtail violence and ensure a peaceful election. Our politicians also should try as much as they can to be civil and should know that the lives of citizens is worth more than their selfish ambition

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by donpapa(m): 5:09am On Oct 21, 2019
shocked
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by HacheNoire: 5:09am On Oct 21, 2019
PDP condemning attack grin grin grin

Next topic please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by eliwa47(m): 5:10am On Oct 21, 2019
What's our problem in this sh*t whole kontary self?
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by KEVIND: 5:17am On Oct 21, 2019
funmijoyb:

PDP & APC, different name but the same common interest - TO LOOT. We keep deceiving ourselves.
i have not seen any APC or PDP states that is not engulfed in massive corruption and looting. The politicians use this nomenclature( APC,PDP,APGA etc) to clinch political power in order to milk the states & country dry. As far as i'm concerned all Nigerian politicians are one and the same. Ribadu,elrufai were former PDP members now APC. don't be surprise if you see Wike, Seriake Dickson, or even Okowa join APC tomorrow.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by darthv: 5:19am On Oct 21, 2019
Yeye wanna benlo.

This country is a catastrophe.

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by netpro(m): 5:20am On Oct 21, 2019
PDP and violence. Shame.

Even during their Primary Election, the thugs of various candidates were fighting. They even injured Dino Melaye that day.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by mercyviv(f): 5:24am On Oct 21, 2019
PDP & APC are like Siamese twins who knows themselves very well. If anyone tries to enter their squabbles, that person might be made an example. I just pity those who argue party politics!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by 5oyad: 5:39am On Oct 21, 2019
[/b]this is the exact opposite of what happened. Armed thugs in the convoy of Wada fired into the crowd that came to receive him killing one person and injuring two others. Lies have been the trademark of The Wada campaign. He it was who organized the shooting in the primary venue when he saw he was losing to Abu Ibro- he turned around then to blame APC. Now he has killed people and he has turned around to bone APC.[b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by spafu(m): 5:48am On Oct 21, 2019
We are watching
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by israelmao(m): 6:17am On Oct 21, 2019
Kogi election is do or die no doubt about that.
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by surgical: 6:28am On Oct 21, 2019
funmijoyb:

A PDP that paid Nigeria debt and APC that plunge Nigeria back to debt highest since independence,wide spread hunger,decayed infrastructure,uncocienable taxes,multi dimensional poverty and insecurity,apc is the plague that should be exorcised from Nigeria never to return again

5 Likes

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by Innobee99(m): 6:28am On Oct 21, 2019
funmijoyb:

Is it for ur personal interest or the people's interest?

Only if u know what my people are passing through in Kogi

2 Likes

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by helinues: 6:29am On Oct 21, 2019
Wada? Uncle Jonah bah?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by Austineva(m): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2019
Yeye bello in action! Rubbish man
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by boxypane(m): 7:21am On Oct 21, 2019
This is bad for the state of Kogi. This is an eminent defeat for Bello. I pray the peoples vote count.
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by JimohMomoh: 7:34am On Oct 21, 2019
KEVIND:
PDP & APC, different name but the same common interest - TO LOOT. We keep deceiving ourselves.
i have not seen any APC or PDP states that is not engulfed in massive corruption and looting. The politicians use this nomenclature( APC,PDP,APGA etc) to clinch political power in order to milk the states & country dry. As far as i'm concerned all Nigerian politicians are one and the same. Ribadu,elrufai were former PDP members now APC. don't be surprise if you see Wike, Seriake Dickson, or even Okowa join APC tomorrow.
You have said it all, I once ranked APGA and Labour Party high on politics but as time goes by I found out that they are all thesame.
No ideology, everyone is just after power and money.
Maybe our democracy isn't matured yet or the Whites should have stayed longer and inconcate ideological democratic norms into our tradition, education and culture before giving us independence.
They did it with religion and succeeded.

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by Eteka1(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2019
Valkrie:

you've got no idea...you don't and can't Bleep with the igalas...

Kogi is a mini Nigeria if you ever know what I mean...
So for your mind na every Igala person de support PDP?
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by akin9ja78(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2019
You be animal, pdp won in abuja.
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by tollyboy5(m): 9:25am On Oct 21, 2019
KEVIND:
he's not talking about party he his talking about wada who is igala and igalas are the major in kogi state.
after all we have a good governor in OYO state from pdp undecided
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by smileyoo: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2019
non_performing govts always depends on violence, intimidations, deceits, e.t.c. for re_election, as no good works.
Re: PDP Condemns Attack On Wada by godliman: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2019
funmijoyb:

That is if you are God and not some man made out of dust

(1) (Reply)

Persons Missing, Houses Burnt In Renewed Akwa Ibom/Cross River Communal Clash / Emir Of Ilorin: Trending Video Of Protest In The Palace Was Not In Ilorin / FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.