Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo (4928 Views)

Governor Abubakar Standing In Airport Shuttle Bus / Lobatan!!! Lagbaja Attack Obasanjo In New Video / I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Golddudu(m): 4:19am On Nov 10, 2010
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday said he was not physically hurt in Monday’s attack near the Presidential Lounge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

A man, identified by a security source on Tuesday as Oweru, had sneaked up to the ex-president’s car when it stopped at the junction of the road leading out of the presidential lounge.

The ex-president’s car, which was travelling in a convoy, was waiting to join the major road connecting the old domestic terminal, MMA2 and international wing when the attacker opened one of the rear doors and allegedly charged at Obasanjo.

But speaking with THE PUNCH on the telephone, Obasanjo admitted that the strange man opened the side of the Sport Utility Vehicle where he sat but did not hit him.

The account of the former president was delivered by his Media Consultant, Mr. Adeoba Ojekunle, and a security officer, who was in Obasanjo’s convoy when the incident occurred. Ojekunle explained that security operatives had noticed the presence of the alleged attacker before Obasanjo’s arrival.

He stated that they made efforts to eject him from the presidential wing before the arrival of the former President from a foreign trip.

Ojekunle said, “Our people were already on the ground before Obasanjo’s arrival. At about 7am, security men noticed the presence of the man and tried to get him out of the place. Men of the Nigerian Air Force, who came to handle security in the place, drove the man out of the gate.

“Officers of the anti-terrorism squad were also around. The problem was that when they drove the man out of the gate, nobody knew that he went to stay by the side of the road, close to the gate.”

He added that the suspect “pursued the vehicle on the road; the convoy was already on the road, not in the premises. The man suddenly emerged from the roadside, grabbed the door of the vehicle and opened it.”

According to him, “Nobody was prepared for the sudden attack. He had not touched Baba (Obasanjo). It was not true that he hit Baba. Don’t forget that Obasanjo himself was a soldier.

“If he had hit him (Obasanjo), the man himself could have been hurt. You know there were vehicles in front of the one conveying Baba and another one at the back. So, when the man was trying to open the door, running after the vehicle, the security aides in the vehicle behind got down and overpowered him. He was subsequently handed over to the security details at the airport. Chief Obasanjo was not hurt in the attack.”

However, THE PUNCH discovered on Tuesday that the suspect had not been admitted at the Federal Neuro Psychiatric Hospital Yaba, Lagos State, as promised by the Commissioner of Police in charge of airport command, Mr. Chris Ola. During a visit by our correspondent to the hospital, it was learnt that the suspect had not been admitted to the only public neuro psychiatric hospital in the state.

The security source who gave the suspect’s name did not want to be named because of the sensitive nature of the matter. The source said the matter had been handed over to the State Security Service for further investigation.

Attempt to obtain a reaction from the SSS spokesperson, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar, failed as she neither responded to calls to her phone nor the SMS sent to her mobile.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011102521521
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2010
Shoulda! tongue
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by pumpingk: 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
Hello sir, i thank GOD for you
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by furacao(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
But did he spit on OBJ?
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by madchen(f): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ujujoan:

Shoulda! tongue
Hi Ujujoan smiley
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Ranoscky(m): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2010
Don't know what to say.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Azedplus(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
i hope they dont kill this guy oooo, this one that he cant be
found in yaba , actually what the guy did was not the best
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
mädchen:

Hi Ujujoan smiley

I'm fine dear, how r doing? smiley
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by ceeplus(m): 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
I petty d guyman shaa, abi no bi so?
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by mutw(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
May be the man might have been "derailed" or hacked by Obasanjo government, who knows.
Imaging a senator receiving 75M quarterly and buying a torch light for 18K in house of Rep.
He thought self liberation would end his panacea. What I strongly know is that we Nigerians are not
mistaken to be on this earth but a big mistake to be in Nigeria.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by samkal(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2010
the guy would ve become famous only if he open dat door and pull a trigger
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by lajjy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
samkal:

the guy would ve become famous only if he open dat door and pull a trigger

Then if the sludge failed to pierce through Baba, we would be more convince that Baba is not man-made.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by room702(m): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
mutw:

May be the man might have been "derailed" or hacked by Obasanjo government, who knows.
Imaging a senator receiving 75M quarterly and buying a torch light for 18K in house of Rep.
He taught self liberation would end his panacea. What I strongly know is that we Nigerians are not
mistaken to be on this earth but a big mistake to be in Nigeria.

embarassed
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Mobinga: 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2010
He should have shot the useless man.

He was given 8 good years to de-problem us yet he failed.

Some lunatics would come here and starting supporting the useless man. .
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2010
there were reports that he was shouting "America is watching" to Obj when he opened the car door. I wonder what he meant by that. shocked
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Mobinga: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

there were reports that he was shouting "America is watching" to Obj when he opened the car door. I wonder what he meant by that. shocked
Illuminati
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by funkyfella: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
@Mobinga: wetin carry illuminati enter dis one again?
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
lajjy:

Then if the sludge failed to pierce through Baba, we would be more convince that Baba is not man-made.
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Have you tried it on him b4? Try it to convince us that he is not really man-made
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Ayowumie(m): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2010
I hope they don't kill the man o.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by ninocia18(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
let him just go and thank his lucky stars that the man did not do what he wanted. he is very lucky. and why on earth will they send the man to the psychiatry hospital. he has every right to beat up that monster. if obj thinks he is a military man, let him face the guy like a man. they will fly him to mars for treatment, mtcscewwwwwwww, angry
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by vinmol: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2010
stupid man why u no hold loaded gun go?

It would have been minus one wicked old politican now Mscheewwwww you just go kill ursef for nothing!!! angry angry
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Pelumiv(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
y kill baba na. lol
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by 9icest: 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2010
lajjy:

I dont know why people like you still live in the 21st century. Whats the protection against bullets if not bulletproof.
Weaklings like you think every politician has some demon shielding them. And you call yourself educated?
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by Romeo4real(m): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2010
Whilst we may all laugh at this, it shows the shocking failure of his security detail. It could have been somebody else.
Question is - where were his security team trained? and by who? It is basic procedure to lock all vehicle doors centrally once the principal is in the vehicle - even before they move off.
Having had access to OBJ more than a few times, i have always been shocked to see how incompetent his security team were; and this was whilst he was still President. One one occasion, in the UK, i actually walked past the security team, into his hotel suite, and into the dining/ lounge area, without being challenged - and they did not know who i was!
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by lagbaja(m): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2010
That man still stands out as the best president Nigeria ever heard.History will one day vindicate him
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by mikano80: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2010
Don,t worry OBJ,you will meet more of this kind of hostility as you keep flying with GEJ for campaign just protect atrocities.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by mikano80: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
what makes him the best president,looting N300b for road construction, syphoning billions through power holding,illegal acquisition of millions of share in transcorp.forceful acquisition of lands for bell university and ota farm, converting state and federal government fund for presidential library,buying into oando oil through o and o oil limited,taken over some steel companies through his son company,what about arik air,where do we start.And what do you view as his credit,GSM?The policy have been drawn and was in the pipeline with rolling out 090 and other fix wireless while the second part of the policy was to roll out GSM which eventually came under his tenure. Privatization have been there,it was only his tenure that most Nigerian lucrative companies became his family and friends company.Femi Otedola father was a political associate of obj,and they took over AP Oil.Martins took billions from police equipment fund as a front man to OBJ,yet he remain the best man to receive obj from overseas trip.OBJ still have  lots of question to answer.But he has to realize that in his 500 room hotel in Ogun state,he will only sleep in one room and the rest is vanity.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo by chosen04(f): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2010
Am sure this old man wouldnt be this lucky nxt time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party / Ngige Was Wrong On Obasanjo Power Plants / Southwest States Begin Exploration Of Solid Minerals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.