Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) (3538 Views)

DRIFT, A Poem by Pat Ashinze. / Beyond The Darkness : A Poem By Pat Ashinze / "When Hunger Becomes Prayer" - A Poem By Precious Arinze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2019

I created thee with labour
Foundated thee on the best of earth
Made thee giants amidst thy neighbour
And provided thee natural means to wealth

I strengthen thy Arrows and bows
When the mighty subdued thy lands
I made thy old brave and thy youth bold
And freedom played out like sounds

Thou art graced with the mantle
To push thy kin to comfort
Like the rearer to his cattle
Whom should make joy come forth

But what have thou done?! Oh what?
Treating thy seeds to tears
The hand which I found few fault
Giving it so much cross to bear

Doom! Doom!! Doom!!!
All thou hast lead to reach
At every breath I see sorrow loom
Even when my sons preached

Thou art milking my people dry
And their agonies, walking to the sky
Thou push them down, whom I took high
And neighbour mocked thy giant... Oh why?

For it is written and thou knoweth
"The people turned when pushed to the wall"
Thou, then, stole the wall and runneth
And push thy people, they cry and fall

"They shall adapt" this; thy comment
Thou ignored their wails and filled thy pocket
I shall kill thee, leave thee to ferment
For thou suffers thy kin, the innocents.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by chuchucalgary: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2019
lovely.... Is this poem about Nigeria?
Can be likened to the present set of leaders who benefitted more from the system & have truncated the visions of the founding fathers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by sykeng(m): 6:31am On Oct 27, 2019
Good one op
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by sylve11: 6:32am On Oct 27, 2019
@ op nice one, though stanza 6,7,8 just perfect. Didn't feel 1-5. wink cool
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by EncourageMe: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2019
Short and sound
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 27, 2019
interesting.

READ Romance, love and adventure story on

www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by yungbillionaire(m): 6:38am On Oct 27, 2019
"The people have turned when pushed to the wall"..........everyone has a breaking point
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by lilmarley: 6:38am On Oct 27, 2019
Lovely

So one day I will stand in front of God and give account of my life, Me that am shy cool
I will just run inside Heaven grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by petertamtam6(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2019
Nice cheesy
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Seventy7kings: 6:39am On Oct 27, 2019
Since 21st, if na nude picture of one yeyebrity, them go run push am for FP undecided
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by IfeMiLove: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2019
I can relate this to our selfish politicians and the masses.

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by QuietHammer(m): 6:57am On Oct 27, 2019
I can still live with poets, but those spoken words people? They make me cringe
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by HowDareU: 7:14am On Oct 27, 2019
A giant, once a mockery to all and sundry; tribal-religious prejudice, leaving destruction treading its path. The sleeping giant oozing while its neighbors harvest aplenty. Alas! now, She sashay back and forth; aslumber no more. Step-by-step, she's taking strides. Woe betides anyone that crosses her path. The sleeping giant now sneezes, neighbors scampered helter-skelter. Neighbors whose in time pass, rumbled in arrogance, now plead in ocean tears; starvation tearing stomach asunder! Will the handsome lanky-man heeds to their flood-gate of tears? Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Sonnobax15(m): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2019
Nice 1 op.
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by RedBlackPepper: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2019
Good
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Nomayora(m): 7:49am On Oct 27, 2019
Nice on Op.
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by maynation(f): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2019
susrite:

I created thee with labour
Foundated thee on the best of earth
Made thee giants amidst thy neighbour
And provided thee natural means to wealth

I strengthen thy Arrows and bows
When the mighty subdued thy lands
I made thy old brave and thy youth bold
And freedom played out like sounds

Thou art graced with the mantle
To push thy kin to comfort
Like the rearer to his cattle
Whom should make joy come forth

But what have thou done?! Oh what?
Treating thy seeds to tears
The hand which I found few fault
Giving it so much cross to bear

Doom! Doom!! Doom!!!
All thou hast lead to reach
At every breath I see sorrow loom
Even when my sons preached

Thou art milking my people dry
And their agonies, walking to the sky
Thou push them down, whom I took high
And neighbour mocked thy giant... Oh why?

For it is written and thou knoweth
"The people turned when pushed to the wall"
Thou, then, stole the wall and runneth
And push thy people, they cry and fall

"They shall adapt" this; thy comment
Thou ignored their wails and filled thy pocket
I shall kill thee, leave thee to ferment
For thou suffers thy kin, the innocents.

Why didn't God create me a Poet? embarassed embarassed

See intelligence at its pinnacle. kiss kiss
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by 9ja083: 8:07am On Oct 27, 2019
Good one. You did a good job here.
Is this about our bad politician?
Dont worry they wont band this because they don't read poem.
lol

1 Like

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Seandisputed(m): 8:57am On Oct 27, 2019
Lovely piece bruh.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Lovintus2(m): 9:40am On Oct 27, 2019
Good one OP. I can identify with the rhyme scheme

1 Like

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 27, 2019
Nice one @op
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
9ja083:
Good one. You did a good job here.
Is this about our bad politician?
Dont worry they wont band this because they don't read poem.
lol
lol... I tried as much not to be pointy... I don't want trouble o.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
maynation:

Why didn't God create me a Poet? embarassed embarassed

See intelligence at its pinnacle. kiss kiss
everyone is better at something. I will feel the same way if I know what you're best at. Thanks ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Glistinin(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
You tried, but this is somewhat generic.
I expected you to show instead of just telling how you feel.
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
sylve11:
@ op nice one, though stanza 6,7,8 just perfect. Didn't feel 1-5. wink cool
the first 5 stanza explain the issues on ground, it's like the beginning of things while stanza 6-8 did more of exposure.
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
Seventy7kings:
Since 21st, if na nude picture of one yeyebrity, them go run push am for FP undecided
that's true, wasn't even expecting it on fp anymore. I guess conscience intervened.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Glistinin:
You tried, but this is somewhat generic.
I expected you to show instead of just telling how you feel.
read that again. It's just like Brizzle's reply to Joyner Devils work. I mean, it's like God's the one talking.
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by Glistinin(m): 10:32am On Oct 28, 2019
susrite:
read that again. It's just like Brizzle's reply to Joyner Devils work. I mean, it's like God's the one talking.
As a good writer, I expected you to take corrections and move on. Even established writers do take corrections.
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by maynation(f): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
susrite:
everyone is better at something. I will feel the same way if I know what you're best at. Thanks ma'am
It is true.

Please could you try mention me whenever you post your poem here.?
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
Glistinin:
As a good writer, I expected you to take corrections and move on. Even established writers do take corrections.
oh! I'm not ignoring your advice, i just thought you didnt get enough scope about the way the poem was written. You could be my boss na. THANKS SIRE, I'LL WORK ON THAT NEXT TIME AND I WONT FORGET TO MENTION YOU.
Re: Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read) by susrite(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2019
maynation:

It is true.

Please could you try mention me whenever you post your poem here.?
ok ma

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Wrote This For A Friend On Her Birthday In 5mins 38s, Rate It Over 10 / ... / Ogogoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.