Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa (35651 Views)

Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by rodeo0070(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ghana's Kotoka International Airport has been adjudged the best airport in West Africa and the fourth-best in the World by the Airport Council International (ACI) Africa.

The country moved from 6th last year to 4th in the West African ranking.

At the 28th ACI Conference in Accra yesterday, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo attributed the country's success in the latest ranking to the government's strong policy initiatives in the aviation industry.

He said the achievement was also due to the stakeholders' commitment to adhere to high airport service quality and standards at the Kotoka International Airport.

The ACI annual conference was aimed at providing the aviation community on the continent with the opportunity to share and disseminate vital industry information to strengthen the air transport industry.

The conference, on the theme, 'Smart airports of the future; are we ready?' attracted more than 300 participants from across the continent to share ideas and exhibit products and services.

President Akufo-Addo said the industry, under his administration, had been growing steadily, largely due to the decision to establish a dedicated aviation ministry to make the industry competitive in Africa.

He said under his government, a number of projects in the industry had been completed across the country, with new passenger terminals being constructed at the Kumasi and Tamale airports.

The Sunyani Airport, he added, was undergoing rehabilitation.

According to the President, the stable political and socio-economic climate of the country has contributed significantly to the growth of the country's aviation industry.

"We have liberalised the regulatory framework with which the industry used to operate. We have abolished the 17.5 per cent VAT on domestic air fares and this has resulted to almost a double of the domestic air passenger traffic," he said.

On international transport, he said the passenger numbers, as at September this year, had increased by 6.7 per cent, compared to the same period last year.

"Currently 38 airlines are operating in Ghana and they connect directly to 30 different destinations around the world," he said and noted that the aviation industry contributed US$2.7 billion and US$2.5 billion in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

President Akufo-Addo noted that the Aviation Ministry had initiated a plan known as an Aviation Driven Development that sought to make the aviation industry a key driver of the country's socio-economic transformation.

"Our airport will continue to undergo systematic facelifts through infrastructure rehabilitation. We intend to open up the country with the construction of additional airports to serve as feeders to the Kotoka Airport," he said.

The Minister of Aviation, Kofi Adda, in an address, pledged to work towards achieving the goal of making Ghana the aviation hub in Africa.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/10/21/kotoka-ranked-best-airport-in-west-africa/

10 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by LifeQuest(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
I guess Ghana is getting it right. I used the airport in May and I can not but agree that it is really what it is said to be. That is Akuaba spirit. Sparkling clean convenience and other facilities. Professionalism of the airport officials. Oh my God. I landed in Lagos MM but could not use the dirty, smelling convenience. I hope we will be able to get it right someday.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by FarahAideed: 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ghana is growing while Buhari is destroying Nigeria

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Commentor: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:
[s]Ghana is growing while Buhari is destroying Nigeria[/s]

The airport is nice but the last time I was there it took 2 hours for baggage delivery.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by FarahAideed: 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
Commentor:

The airport is nice but the last time I was there it took 2 hours for baggage delivery.

There is no time I have had any delay at that airport , your luggage must have been flagged for search since you behave like corrupt person

165 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Commentor: 11:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

There is no time I have had any delay at that airport , your luggage must have been flagged for search since you behave like corrupt person

As did all the other passengers right?

If you've used that airport where is the Bureau de change?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by BuhariAdvocate: 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
grin cheesy lol which airport? Last year July 20th during the convocation ceremony of my niece at university of Ghana. I used the airport and its not what they use to call it .i can see the shit everywhere and the security use style to begging for money.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by FarahAideed: 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
Commentor:

We are going to have arguments about Whether I have passed through an airport before ? Oga Accra is like my second home I even worked there for a while for a popular Nigerians IT firm when I finished NYSC .. Well the currency exchange offices are located in the arrivals terminal .

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by HolySanctus(m): 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
Like seriously
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Commentor: 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

We are going to have arguments about Whether I have passed through an airport before ? Oga Accra is like my second home I even worked there for a while for a popular Nigerians IT firm when I finished NYSC .. Well the currency exchange offices are located in the arrivals terminal .

You still haven't said Amen for the Saraki bank prayer I made for you.

May all your life belongings go into a bank such as Saraki owns.

Amen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by FarahAideed: 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
Commentor:

Amen.

Wetin na? Must u lay curses?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by majamajic(m): 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2019
fourth in the world

hahaha
I don't wan comment my reserve

9 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by terroristbuhari: 2:03am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by terroristbuhari: 2:05am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by terroristbuhari: 2:11am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Amen.
[/s]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by ForeThinker: 4:37am On Oct 22, 2019
For the time being

10 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by amaks: 4:42am On Oct 22, 2019
I just want to know, is the airport govt operated or consessioned?

3 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Spatta: 4:44am On Oct 22, 2019
That is the Airport you get when your President is civilized and in tune with modern civilization, not when you have a Nepotistic, archaic, senile, irresponsible, power drunk, confused monster, who thinks being a President is jumping on the plane and travelling the world over and taking pictures from Aso rock pretending to sign a document while Abha Keari and the Mamman Daura confuse him knowing he has lost intelligence through old age
The wicked Man was advised to Arrest Sowore and silence his Views on Development so they can continue their devastating destruction of Nigeria
May God deliver Nigeria from theses Monster

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by anonymousghost2(m): 4:53am On Oct 22, 2019
of course it is..... used it several times.
classy airport.
there is no aiport in 9ja.
african giant my asssssssssssss.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:

Guy U are too serious, that dude up there was joking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Commentor: 4:57am On Oct 22, 2019
Symphony1:

Guy U are too serious, that dude up there was joking.

I know him well.

He's always mischievous.

7 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 22, 2019
For good news to come-by in 9ja is as hard as carmel passing through the eye's of a needle.

1 Like

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Mescana22(m): 5:02am On Oct 22, 2019
But seriously if Ghana have half of nigeria mineral resources, they will be giant of AFRICA, yes they are corrupt but this country is working, because there citizens are the check and balances the govt needs, if you watch all there TV programmes its all about governance and cost of governance, and how they speak out, this people are lawful, obeys traffic, 24/7 power, no robbery, i move arounnd 2,3,4, am and pressing my phone ,no one minds you, very calm and peaceful, dey hail you bosssu, you hailed them chalire, they construct roas like oyibo, the police and emergency services responds withing 5 mins, Oboy this people dey try, i refused to come back naija again, because i am scared of Lagos, One gal called Mensah has sucked me dry and she sabi cook wakkyche, grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Patosky4U: 5:04am On Oct 22, 2019
See poor journalism oooooo fourth in the world kill una there

8 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by olu77(m): 5:06am On Oct 22, 2019
Fourth best in the world?! That sounds impossible.

16 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by mu2sa2: 5:15am On Oct 22, 2019
FarahAideed:

But he was still delayed. He's right; you're speculating.

2 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by VivyZub(f): 5:15am On Oct 22, 2019
Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by meezynetwork(m): 5:20am On Oct 22, 2019
Nice
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by WhoBeThisMan: 5:21am On Oct 22, 2019
olu77:
Fourth best in the world?! That sounds impossible.
I think that was a mistake. The airport is very fine no doubt. But are they saying its ranked among Singapore, Dubai, China airports? Haba

8 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by meetmeonline: 5:22am On Oct 22, 2019
"Fourth-best in the World"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by wirinet(m): 5:25am On Oct 22, 2019
rodeo0070:
Ghana's Kotoka International Airport has been adjudged the best airport in West Africa and the fourth-best in the World shocked by the Airport Council International (ACI) Africa.

Forth in the world? I apologise to my eastern brothers for calling them chest beaters. According to omatsola, dem dey learn. Ghanaians are chest drummers.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Soldier To Death In Abeokuta At Mortuary Junction / Lagos Flood: Canoes Used As Transportation Means In Owode Elede, Írawo, Ájegunle / 32 Nigerians Deported From Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.