Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated (10645 Views)

Understanding The Gang Up Against Akanu Ibiam Intl Airport Enugu / APC Is A Gang-up - Ekweremadu (Deputy Senate President) / Government To Investigate Emeagwali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2010
What has Emeagwali done to some Yorubas? Go to his facebook page many Yorubas are his friend? Why are some jealous and hateful Yorubas attempting to pull him down? What is criminal about blowing one's trumpet? Would you rather he stole and rigged elections like many Nigerian leaders do? The guy did what Oyibos did many years ago claiming that they discovered River Niger, River Benue and even discovered America. Those lies were accepted by the oyibos and they even honored the so-called discoverers. Emeagwali did not say he is the father of the internet. He said he is a father (which means a father among many fathers) of the internet based on his computing work that earned him a Gordon Bell prize. Why would any black person who has an achievement in the USA not sing his own praises? He did not say he has a PhD. Infact he failed his PhD exam twice in 1990 and 1991, and it is easy to see that that was not a coincidence and that he was a victim of something bigger than him after winning the prize in 1989. Who knows how his supervising prof felt about him and his claims. He did not call himself a prof; others do based on whatever reasons they choose to do so. If you call me a doctor and I do not ask you not to do so again, is that a crime? The crime would be when I go ahead and write it down as my title. America is not prosecuting him because he has nothing to be prosecuted for. Why are Yorubas prosecuting him on cyberspace? Yorubas attempting to pull an Igbo man down should thread softly. A word is enough for the wise.

Heros are 65% myth and 35% facts. No hero in history deliberately tries to debunk myths built around him, why must we start with Emeagwali?
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by ElRazur: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2010
Another "My tribe is better than yours, and you are the enemy of progress" thread. Abeg all these people with cave-men mindset should go sit down and get a life.

Can a mod delete (or lock) this thread, we've had enough of thread like this abeg joor.

1 Like

Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by tpia5: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
like i said, there's more to the matter than meets the eye.

why do you assume it's yorubas who are behind this?

the write up I read was written by a non-yoruba.

do a little research before jumping to conclusions.

just because some yorubas commented doesnt mean you should go haywire.

geez.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^^^^^
Sahara Reporters are the champions in this. Sowore a common cyber journalist is at work. He will soon see how it feels. His own dossier is being populated.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
Why don't you just put a sock in it! Why are you trying so hard to turn this to a Yoruba Vs. Emeagwali?

Some of his most ardent critics are igbo, if you must know.

You must have started at least three different threads trying very hard to spin this as a kind of ethinc campaign against Emeagwali.

Cut the crap bro! It ain't workin.

1 Like

Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
I am of the same ethnic group as Dr. Emeagwali and I don't share the opinion/sentiment of the poster.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
Aigbofa:

Why don't you just put a sock in it! Why are you trying so hard to turn this to a Yoruba Vs. Emeagwali?

Some of his most ardent critics are igbo, if you must know.

You must have started at least three different threads trying very hard to spin this as a kind of ethinc campaign against Emeagwali.

Cut the crap bro! It ain't workin.

Mention the names and provide the evidence that his most ardent critics are Igbo. Otherwise get lost.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by ElRazur: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2010
kITA TITA:

I am of the same ethnic group as Dr. Emeagwali and I don't share the opinion/sentiment of the poster.

And I created the internet. I am also a Doctor, a physicist, Matimatisian and a cousin of Peter Rufai. grin

My point? Anyone can be anything on the intraweb.

grin
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2010
kITA TITA:

I am a white man and I do not believe that we discovered R. Niger and America. Infact, I hate Mungo park and Christopher Columbus
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Obiagu1(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
@ Environer

Don’t mind those hateful, jealous and envious Yorubas. Before independence, with equal opportunity for everyone, Igbos were on top. Now years after the Civil War and with gradual normalization of the society, Igbos are crawling back to the top. It’s a matter of time, be it sport, education, commerce, industry, anything.

One thing they should know is that that forcing factor that propelled them to the top is gradually losing its steam – it can’t last forever. Natural factors are what last forever.

They will see more Emeagwalis, be it overhyped or genuine, they will forever emerge to their disgust, but what can they do? NOTHING!
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Ojiofor: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2010
@Obiagu, Daalu! we must defend our own against those who always benefit from our down fall.there is no doubt about those who are behind all this.America where Emeagwli lives is a lawful society,nobody have charged him yet for any crime.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
Obiagu1:

@ Environer

Don’t mind those hateful, jealous and envious Yorubas. Before independence, with equal opportunity for everyone, Igbos were on top. Now years after the Civil War and with gradual normalization of the society, Igbos are crawling back to the top. It’s a matter of time, be it sport, education, commerce, industry, anything.

One thing they should know is that that forcing factor that propelled them to the top is gradually losing its steam – it can’t last forever. Natural factors are what last forever.

They will see more Emeagwalis, be it overhyped or genuine, they will forever emerge to their disgust, but what can they do? NOTHING!

Must everthing be seen through an ethnic prism?

Not long ago, an ibo businessman in Lagos said he miraculously found an oil well in his factory, which was in reality an illegal oil stealing operation.
He was equally defended on this website by some as an attempt by "jealous" Yorubas to pull him down.
Similar language was used then as is being used now, jealous, hateful, envious bla, bla.

I didn't realise ethnic solidarity can cloud one's judgement so much that you no longer know what is right from wrong.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
Aigbofa:

Must everthing be seen through an ethnic prism?

Not long ago, an ibo businessman in Lagos said he miraculously found an oil well in his factory, which was in reality an illegal oil stealing operation.
He was equally defended on this website by some as an attempt by "jealous" Yorubas to pull him down.
Similar language was used then as is being used now, jealous, hateful, envious bla, bla.

I didn't realise ethnic solidarity can cloud one's judgement so much that you no longer know what is right from wrong.  

Okay tell me what Emeagwali has done wrong. Why is America, the land of law, not arresting and prosecuting him? Why are Yorubas the ones doing so on cyber? May be, some Igbos have taken a hard line position since you guys refuse to condemn and denounce Awo for orchestrating the starvation of Igbos and giving them only 20 pound no matter how much they had in their accounts.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by EzeUche0(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2010
Obiagu1:

@ Environer

Gbam!

Instead of attacking this man, they should be going after looting politicians. Sad how some blacks will try to bring a fellow black man down who is trying to do good in this world.

I wanted to leave ethnic sentiment out of this, but I have noticed 90% of the people who are attacking this man's record is YORUBA. My oh my, what a coincidence. So of course we Igbos will defend him like we did Chinua Achebe, when some of you tried to attack that man as well.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by kokoye(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
And we all want Nigeria to progress? Sorry but I dont see it happening.

Not as long as we choose to fuel all these tribalistic rants
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by rhymz(m): 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
As much as I do not agree that the Yorubas or any other tribe for that matter is in any campaign of calumny against Emeagwali, I strongly believe the writer of that lengthy article on Saharareport did it in bad taste. His motive was very clear, demystify him and make him talk, at least. However, Emeagwali cares less, he knows his capabilities and achievements, whether anyone likes it or not he is way above the IQ levels of his detractors even they know it. The man is in a battle with the system no doubt and that is why he has delibrately chosen to defy it by self-promoting himself in a very unorthodox manner. Still, it does not take away the man's contributions to his field and his genius, why these profs obsessed themselves with the man, knowing exactly that it is a deliberate antics by the man to antagonize the system that wont recognize him is what I cant understand. . .The man is an inspiration and a genius unlike the perception of that article that tries to downplay the man's achievements by calling it modest, modest indeed, how many Nigerians or blacks ve won it since then?
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by EzeUche0(m): 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2010
rhymz:

As much as I do not agree that the Yorubas or any other tribe for that matter is in any campaign of calumny against Emeagwali, I strongly believe the writer of that lengthy article on Saharareport did it in bad taste. His motive was very clear, demystify him and make him talk, at least. However, Emeagwali cares less, he knows his capabilities and achievements, whether anyone likes it or not he is way above the IQ levels of his detractors even they know it. The man is in a battle with the system no doubt and that is why he has delibrately chosen to defy it by self-promoting himself in a very unorthodox manner. Still, it does not take away the man's contributions to his field and his genius, why these profs obsessed themselves with the man, knowing exactly that it is a deliberate antics by the man to antagonize the system that wont recognize him is what I cant understand. . .The man is an inspiration and a genius unlike the perception of that article that tries to downplay the man's achievements by calling it modest, modest indeed, how many Nigerians or blacks ve won it since then?

Very nice statement!
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Solomon227(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2010
Environer:

Okay tell me what Emeagwali has done wrong. Why is America, the land of law, not arresting and prosecuting him? Why are Yorubas the ones doing so on cyber? May be, some Igbos have taken a hard line position since you guys refuse to condemn and denounce Awo for orchestrating the starvation of Igbos and giving them only 20 pound no matter how much they had in their accounts.
Nwane
The allegation emanated from the US,blown-up by SR and NEXT and Anty Dora finally cataflame it. I normally dont indulge in tribalism. U cant really blame any particular group 4 critisizing him. From all discussions I hav been involved since diz case, most people (SE and SW tribalists) admit he is deserved of honours but disagree on some of his claims. And for SR. Every1 knows Sowore is a wounded lion without any tribal or ethnic affiliations. In fact he attacks any nigerian (most times excessivelly), irrespective of where he/she is from. And Nwane Anty Dora is Igbo and shuld also be critized for not standing with her own. I hav chosen to monitor what d Americans are saying about him because the whole issue started from them.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2010
Solomon227:

Nwane
The allegation emanated from the US,blown-up by SR and NEXT and Anty Dora finally cataflame it. I normally dont indulge in tribalism. U cant really blame any particular group 4 critisizing him. From all discussions I hav been involved since diz case, most people (SE and SW tribalists) admit he is deserved of honours but disagree on some of his claims. And for SR. Every1 knows Sowore is a wounded lion without any tribal or ethnic affiliations. In fact he attacks any nigerian (most times excessivelly), irrespective of where he/she is from. And Nwane Anty Dora is Igbo and shuld also be critized for not standing with her own. I hav chosen to monitor what d Americans are saying about him because the whole issue started from them.

Emanated from the US by Nigerians in the US. Most oyibos do not know who the freaking hell is Emeagwali. The Yorubas in the US are the ones pushing the agenda. Emeagwali knows this too but he is not interested in taking up issues with anyone. Both Sahara Reporters and Next are Yoruba-owned. That is a red flag.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by EzeUche0(m): 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
Environer:

Emanated from the US by Nigerians in the US. Most oyibos do not know who the freaking hell is Emeagwali. The Yorubas in the US are the ones pushing the agenda. Emeagwali knows this too but he is not interested in taking up issues with anyone. Both Sahara Reporters and Next are Yoruba-owned. That is a red flag.

Thank you! I am an Igbo in the U.S. and you do not hear this man's name being seen in a bad light amongst the Igbo community. Actually, he has come to many Igbo events in the U.S. and always gets a standing ovation. So I do not know what this guy is saying that it is Nigerians (ALL) who are trying to bring this man down. They are only coming from ONE community and that is the YORUBA community.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
Why is SAHARA reporters (SR) a Yoruba cyber media, not talking about how Ribadu suddenly declared Tinubu a saint after accusing him of corruption? Why is SR not talking about Kenny Martins and his billion loot? What about Bodunde Adeyanju and Fani Kayode? Are those no-go areas for SR? What is SR's interest in Emeagwali who has not committed any offense and has therefore not being charged in the USA-the land of law?
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by EzeUche0(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2010
Environer:

Why is SAHARA reporters (SR) a Yoruba cyber media, not talking about how Ribadu suddenly declared Tinubu a saint after accusing him of corruption? Why is SR not talking about Kenny Martins and his billion loot? What about Bodunde Adeyanju? Are those no-go areas? What is SR's interest in Emeagwali who has not committed any offense and has therefore not being charged in the USA-the land of law?

Charge him with what? He has not broken any laws. What laws have this man broke? I do not know of any law from any legal system that would warrant such attention for this man. Nigerians (Yorubas) need to get their priorities straight.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Obiagu1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
Environer:

Why is SAHARA reporters (SR) a Yoruba cyber media, not talking about how Ribadu suddenly declared Tinubu a saint after accusing him of corruption? Why is SR not talking about Kenny Martins and his billion loot? What about Bodunde Adeyanju and Fani Kayode? Are those no-go areas for SR? What is SR's interest in Emeagwali who has not committed any offense and has therefore not being charged in the USA-the land of law?

Exactly!
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by DapoBear(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2010
I think it is conspiracy of the Yoruba man. We know that they hate to see an Igbo man do well. It is discrimination! Racism! Didn't Rosa Chinyere Parks and Martin Ukwukechi King fight against racism of this sort by the Yoruba man againt the Igbo man?

Remember how in 1955 in Enugu, Rosa Parks refused to get out of her seat, despite the Yoruba bus driver telling her the front of the bus was reserved for Yoruba only?

And who could forget Martin Ukwukechi King's peaceful protests, and how those evil Yoruba policemen set dogs on the innocent and unarmed Igbo marching with MUK.

More recently, remember how OJ "Ikechukwu" Simpson was falsely accused of killing his wife (though, there is that pesky civil court case he settled for millions.)

Haba, think about how about better the world would be if the Yoruba man would stop oppressing people. . .

1 Like

Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2010
Here is the spin: Yorubas are mad as hell that Emeagwali claims that he won a prize equivalent to the Nobel prize which Soyinka a Yoruba has won. Now they want him to rescind that statement or he goes down. Since Nobel prize or its equivalent by any form or shape, implied or real, must only be won by a Yoruba. Hahahah! Only Chineke/Olodumare/God knows what will happen if Achebe gets a Nobel Prize. And who even knows why Achebe, whose work is far more widely acknowledged than Soyinka's, does not have a Nobel prize yet? Are Yorubas doing some ground work in that one too?Hahahah!
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by EzeUche0(m): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2010
DapoBear,

Yoruba conspiracy? The writing is on the wall. Who else is trying to bring the man down, but Yoruba names? I do not see any Igbo names, nor do I see any Hausa names either. Only the usual Yoruba names, so tell us how we are suppose to view this?

Yorubas already see the Igbos as rivals, even though we do not even care about you all. We only care about business and other entrepreneurial endeavors. Yet, your people continue to hate on us.

If you lived in Nigeria, you would know that it is the Igbo man who is blamed for every social ill in this country, not you Yorubas.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Blazay(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2010
The reason I always say never trust an Igbo or a Yoruba man. The moment on achieves something, the other is ready to pull him or her down. Both tribes should be driven out of Nigeria. Thank God Philiip Emeagwali is able to liberate himself from it all. Of all the tribes in Nigeria, the Yoruba are the very worst when it comes to this 'pull-down-syndrome'. What sociopaths.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by EzeUche0(m): 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2010
Environer:

Here is the spin: Yorubas are mad as hell that Emeagwali claims that he won a prize equivalent to the Nobel prize which Soyinka a Yoruba has won. Now they want him to rescind that statement or he goes down. Since Nobel prize or its equivalent by any form or shape, implied or real, must only be won by a Yoruba. Hahahah! Only Chineke/Olodumare/God knows what will happen if Achebe gets a Nobel Prize. And who even knows why Achebe, whose work is far more widely acknowledged than Soyinka's, does not have a Nobel prize yet? Are Yorubas doing some ground work in that one too?Hahahah!

I think the reason why Chinua Achebe has not received the Nobel Prize in Literature is due to the fact that he had spoken out against Joseph Conrad's novel, Heart of Darkness. He stated that the novel is racist, while many Europeans adore that book of Africa. The fact that Chinua Achebe equated his book as a response to Heart of Darkness has not won him many fans in the elite literary circles of Europe. That is the main reason why I feel he has not been awarded the Nobel Prize in Lierature.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by EzeUche0(m): 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
Blazay:

The reason I always say never trust an Igbo or a Yoruba man. The moment on achieves something, the other is ready to pull him or her down. Both tribes should be driven out of Nigeria. Thank God Philiip Emeagwali is able to liberate himself from it all.

What Yoruba man has we Igbos tried to bring down? We give praise to Wole Soyinka. We give praise to Fela? So who have we tried to bring down? Do not try to make such a generalized statement again about the Ndi Igbo.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2010
EzeUche0:

I think the reason why Chinua Achebe has not received the Nobel Prize in Literature is due to the fact that he had spoken out against Joseph Conrad's novel, Heart of Darkness. He stated that the novel is racist, while many Europeans adore that book of Africa. The fact that Chinua Achebe equated his book as a response to Heart of Darkness has not won him many fans in the elite literary circles of Europe. That is the main reason why I feel he has not been awarded the Nobel Prize in Lierature.

Nwanna: Read my lips. Thanks.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2010
Blazay:

The reason I always say never trust an Igbo or a Yoruba man. The moment on achieves something, the other is ready to pull him or her down. Both tribes should be driven out of Nigeria. Thank God Philiip Emeagwali is able to liberate himself from it all. Of all the tribes in Nigeria, the Yoruba are the very worst when it comes to this 'pull-down-syndrome'. What sociopaths.

Igbos got no time to pull down anyone as long as nobody is pulling them down. The only Yoruba Igbos resent to death is Awo because of his betrayal and ensuing role in the civil war.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by DapoBear(m): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2010
EzeUche0:

DapoBear,

Yoruba conspiracy? The writing is on the wall. Who else is trying to bring the man down, but Yoruba names? I do not see any Igbo names, nor do I see any Hausa names either. Only the usual Yoruba names, so tell us how we are suppose to view this?

Yorubas already see the Igbos as rivals, even though we do not even care about you all. We only care about business and other entrepreneurial endeavors. Yet, your people continue to hate on us.

If you lived in Nigeria, you would know that it is the Igbo man who is blamed for every social ill in this country, not you Yorubas.

Lol, when on earth do you see Hausa names in ANYTHING? 90%+ of the names you read online are going to be Yoruba or Igbo ones.

Anyway, I completely agree. It is the Yoruba man's fault, just like he tried to bring down Rosa Chinyere Parks and Martin Ukwukechi King. Those Yoruba are racist bastards, in my opinion. Hatin' @ss, racist @ss Yoruba man. Plus, remember how they colonized North America and killed all the Native Americans? And they invaded Mexico too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hon. Hashimu, 2000 Others Dump APC For PDP In Sokoto / Tinubu Running For President Not Olympics; Vote For His Ideas – Shettima (Video) / Omo-Agege's Purported Expulsion Announced By Unrecognized Faction - Felix Morka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.