Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

No Victor No Vanquished - How true? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Victor No Vanquished - How true? (7954 Views)

No Victor No Vanquish / Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 1:14am On Nov 11, 2010
Those were the words of General Yakubu Gowon  in 1970. Was he really speaking the truth or did the Yorubas, with the help of the Arewa, thoroughly defeat the ragtag Biafran army?

Let the discussion begin, but don't foget that the spin stops here!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by HighChief4(m): 1:59am On Nov 11, 2010
@Op
You are a big fool
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 2:04am On Nov 11, 2010
Actually there was NO victor and No Vanquished. The easterners were not forcibly disarmed, they voluntarily handed over their weapons. Joe Achuzia -a Biafran commander- clarified that during an interview earlier this year.
If we knew then that Nigeria would completely renege on that spirit, we would have kept fighting till today. Eastern leaders mismanaged our VOLUNTARY surrender. A HUGE LESSON learned.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 2:06am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually there was NO victor and No Vanquished. The easterners were not forcibly disarmed, they voluntarily handed over their weapons. Joe Achuzia -a Biafran commander- clarified that during an interview earlier this year.
If we knew then that Nigeria would completely renege on that spirit, we would have kept fighting till today. Eastern leaders mismanaged our VOLUNTARY surrender. A HUGE LESSON learned.

. . . . because they were starving and could not think straight?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by shotster50(m): 2:10am On Nov 11, 2010
@ fstranger

What a pathetic attempt at playing a pantomime villain, soon you will creep back into that hole you came out from.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 2:11am On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

.   .   .   . because they were starving and could not think straight?

Probably, (thanks to Awolowo) but highly unlikely. The people starving to death were WOMEN and CHILDREN and OLD PEOPLE.
The Biafra military never starved for a day because they were collecting the food and even arms from defeated Nigerian soldiers.  undecided
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 2:22am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Probably, (thanks to Awolowo) but highly unlikely. The people starving to death were WOMEN and CHILDREN and OLD PEOPLE.
The Biafra military never starved for a day because they were collecting the food and even arms from defeated Nigerian soldiers.  undecided

Yours is a cheap attempt at re-writing history. The Biafran military were the last set of Ibos to starve because , with incresing famine, they resulted to cannibalism; eating their fellow weak Ibos.

Gbam! Gbam!! Gbam!!!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by aljharem(m): 2:25am On Nov 11, 2010
High_Chief:

@Op
You are a big fool
why ?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by aljharem(m): 2:27am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

gbam gbam
biafra was never forced to surrender to the nigeria army

it was done voluntarily by the igbos themselves
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:29am On Nov 11, 2010
@ topic

what is your own? pls, leave the igbos alone! angry. kilode gan na?! leave them alone!!!! angry
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 2:30am On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

Yours is a cheap attempt at re-writing history. The Biafra military were the last set of Ibos to starve because , with incresing famine, they resulted to cannibalism; eating their fellow weak Ibos.

Gbam! Gbam!! Gbam!!!

That is while the Hausa soldiers was busy homo"ing" your yoruba soldiers a55es for recreation.  grin grin grin

@topic

There was NO VICTOR NO VANQUISHED.
The people who make most noise about the war are the weakest on the Nigerian side of the war.
Since Nigeria's history, they are the only tribe that has never embarked on any armed struggle against the Nigerian state. They simply run away.  grin grin
Even the minorities have more balls than Yoruba folks.  grin
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:32am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

That is while the Hausa soldiers was busy homo"ing" your yoruba soldiers a55es for recreation.  grin grin grin

@topic

There was NO VICTOR NO VANQUISHED.
The people who make most noise about the war are the weakest on the Nigerian side of the war.
Since Nigeria's history, they are the only tribe that has never embarked on any armed struggle against the Nigerian state. They simply run away.  grin grin
Even the minorities have more balls than Yoruba folks.  grin

and why should we embark on any armed struggle? or should we just do it for the sake of it?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 2:35am On Nov 11, 2010
jason12345:

and why should we embark on any armed struggle? or should we just do it for the sake of it?

Heck yea! undecided undecided undecided
If you don't, you have NO GROUNDS whatsoever to ridicule those who fought for what they believed in. undecided
Try it and see if you are man enough. undecided undecided

I still maintain that Biafrans simply decided to ABANDON the war in the spirit of no victor no vanquished.
We know better today.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:36am On Nov 11, 2010
@ fstranger

leave them alone!!! enough of all this nonsense!!! who cares about the civil war? were you even born then? the whats your beef? the civil war has past, this is the new world we live in so deal with it!!! haba, everyday!!! angry
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by aljharem(m): 2:38am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Heck yea! undecided undecided undecided
If you don't, you have NO GROUNDS whatsoever to ridicule those who fought for what they believed in. undecided
Try it and see if you are man enough. undecided undecided

I still maintain that Biafrans simply decided to ABANDON the war in the spirit of no victor no vanquished.
We know better today.

ah that is dumb

so a group of people should fight because u want them to
angry cry shame on u ,
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:39am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Heck yea!  undecided undecided undecided
If you don't, you have NO GROUNDS whatsoever to ridicule those who fought for what they believed in.  undecided
Try it and see if you are man enough.  undecided undecided

We know better today.

am sorry, but i don't regard the post as sensible. so we should just pick up arms and fight for no reason other than bragging rights? undecided.

pls, the war is gone.cant we move on? undecided
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 2:41am On Nov 11, 2010
alj harem:

ah that is dumb

so a group of people should fight because u want them to
angry cry shame on u ,

If they have to make so much noise and ridicule the memory of our heroes, then they should be men enough to at least try something close. THEY HAVE NEVER TRIED.
Most of the Biafran soldiers were armed with mark 4 (first world war weapons) and yet they kicked some a55.
I am proud of them.

Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by HighChief4(m): 2:43am On Nov 11, 2010
alj harem:

why ?

I really dont have your time today, so now go play with your toys. Yoruba's should stop thinking about the Igbos while M.A.S.T.U.R.B.A.T.I.N.G
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:44am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

If they have to make so much noise and ridicule the memory of our heroes, then they should be men enough to at least try something close. THEY HAVE NEVER TRIED.
Most of the Biafran soldiers were armed with mark 4 (first world war weapons) and yet they kicked some a55.
I am proud of them.

na you sabi!!! may pride not blind you from the truth!

i wonder why people like you chest-beat to everything . we are enjoying or peace in sw and we intend to keep it that way!!!

good night smiley
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:45am On Nov 11, 2010
High_Chief:

I really dont have your time today, so now go play with your toys. Yoruba's should stop thinking about the Igbos while M.A.S.T.U.R.B.A.T.I.N.G

don't igbos talk about yorubas?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by aljharem(m): 2:45am On Nov 11, 2010
High_Chief:

who cares about yoruba?

why do want to start insulting angry angry angry angry

pls, no vex me at all angry angry angry angry angry

bloody illiterate angry angry angry

and yet they say southerners are well educated angry angry
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:47am On Nov 11, 2010
alj harem:

who cares about yoruba?

why do want to start insulting angry angry angry angry

pls, no vex me at all angry angry angry angry angry

bloody illiterate angry angry angry

and yet they say southerners are well educated angry angry

thank you!

sometimes, i think you northerners are more sensible because you see each other as one unlike the people that still live in 1966 while we are in 2010 cry
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 2:50am On Nov 11, 2010
jason12345:

na you sabi!!! may pride not blind you from the truth!

i wonder why people like you chest-beat to everything . we are enjoying or peace in sw and we intend to keep it that way!!!

good night smiley

If you spend enough time, you may be able to keep reminding your Yoruba folks that they have NEVER fought a war in Nigeria and therefore have no grounds to ridicule the memories of our heroes in Biafra.
That is if you are honest.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 2:59am On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

If you spend enough time, you may be able to keep reminding your Yoruba folks that they have NEVER fought a war in Nigeria and therefore have no grounds to ridicule the memories of our heroes in Biafra.
That is if you are honest.

nobody ever ridiculed your heroes. peoples opinion may differ.

i still think it was a stupid move to move west ward and ojukwu is a coward!!! if yorubas lose a war, the general die at the battle field not run away and let his people starve!!! even, my igbo friends agree with me!

i think if you want to fight a war, you should fight it with common sense , not fight it like its ages of empire!!! horrible things happen in wars, despoiling, cannibalism etc. you cannot starve your people and blame it on your enemy!!!

so i asking again, why should the yorubas fight a war without a cause? are we going to start killing millions of people because of bragging rights?

brother, the person that wins a fight is the wise not the muscular. i am sure ojukwu has the same conception that yorubas are cowards and weak thats why he tried invading (he even gave us terms and conditions) but look at what happened! lets think!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Environer: 3:01am On Nov 11, 2010
After which Awo committed suicide. Too bad.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by chyz1: 3:02am On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

Thank you. I guess the fear of IBB was that great.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 3:04am On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

and what did ojukwu do? he ran away and left his people to starve to death!!! c'mon, thats not a leader.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by chyz1: 3:06am On Nov 11, 2010
jason12345:

and what did ojukwu do? he ran away and left his people to starve to death!!! c'mon, thats not a leader.

And committing suicide while your people are suffering is? Who's still able to fight for his people?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 3:06am On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

During the Nigeria/Civil war, A Yoruba man served as Quartermaster-General of the Nigerian Army under General Yakubu Gowon and organized the logistic support leading to the comprehensive defeat and surrender of ‘Biafran Army’ - a ragtag Army of rebels!”

We still beat una like small kids!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 3:09am On Nov 11, 2010
jason12345:

nobody ever ridiculed your heroes. peoples opinion may differ.

i still think it was a silly move to move west ward and ojukwu is a coward!!! if yorubas lose a war, the general die at the battle field not run away and let his people starve!!! even, my igbo friends agree with me!

i think if you want to fight a war, you should fight it with common sense , not fight it like its ages of empire!!! horrible things happen in wars, despoiling, cannibalism etc. you cannot starve your people and blame it on your enemy!!!

so i asking again, why should the yorubas fight a war without a cause? are we going to start killing millions of people because of bragging rights?

brother, the person that wins a fight is the wise not the muscular. i am sure ojukwu has the same conception that yorubas are cowards and weak thats why he tried invading (he even gave us terms and conditions) but look at what happened! lets think!

^^

If you are honest at all, you will know that there is a time for everything under the sun. The Igbo are a very deliberate people. We don't rush into things. Ever.

So, if we fought that war, we had NO CHOICE. Nigeria attacked us FIRST.
The mistake we made was to be on defense throughout. A lesson learned. We NEVER really attacked throughout the war because we thought we were dealing with humans.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by chyz1: 3:12am On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

During the Nigeria/Civil war, A Yoruba man served as Quartermaster-General of the Nigerian Army under General Yakubu Gowon and organized the logistic support leading to the comprehensive defeat and surrender of ‘Biafran Army’ - a ragtag Army of rebels!”

We still beat una like small kids!

what is the yoruba man's name. And never say WE(as in yoruba) because Murtala mohammed had to come and save yall from being invaded by Biafrans, not to talk about the internal sabotage in the Biafra army.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 3:12am On Nov 11, 2010
The question then becomes: if ever there is a need for Yoruba to fight against Nigeria, will they ever do so? Answer: NO!
Why? COWARDISE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges / Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name / Abuja Under Threat — Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.