Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (182542 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 7:00am On Jun 25, 2012
Its almost here!
Google input / output! grin
June 27–29
Any expectation from Google?

Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 8:36am On Jun 25, 2012
Is anyone else somewhat underwhelmed with the Galaxy S III?

Not 100% pleased with some of the downsides in mine that were glossed over by nearly every single reviewers.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:46am On Jun 25, 2012
texazzpete: Is anyone else somewhat underwhelmed with the Galaxy S III?

Not 100% pleased with some of the downsides in mine that were glossed over by nearly every single reviewers.

Bros texazz, na wa o!everything cannot be perfect naa? grin
and u know most of these reviewers are paid top dollars to hype the thing, not that it needs hyping anyway.
From what I've heard and seen, the phone is good and its the best out there for now grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2012
[size=13pt]Google Nexus 7 Tablet Leaked In Internal Training Document, 8GB To Cost $199 And 16GB To Cost $249[/size]

Google I/O is coming and we already expect a bevy of Android related announcements.
Furthermore, rumours of a Google-branded Android tablet have been swirling around for some time now, and
last month a benchmark report indicated that the 7-inch tablet would be manufactured by Asus.

According to a leaked internal training document, recently uncovered by Gizmoda Australia, the Google tablet will indeed be manufactured by Asus and will feature the following specs:

7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280x800 and a 178-degree viewing angle
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
nVidia GeForce 12-core GPU
1GB of RAM
8GB or 16GB of internal storage
1.2 MP front-facing camera, no rear camera
NFC with Google Wallet
Android Beam
Battery life estimated at 9 hours

Aside from the specs, which are quite impressive, there are two pieces of news that are especially interesting. Firstly, the cheapest version of the tablet, with 8GB of internal storage, will be priced at just $199. The 16GB version of the tablet will cost $249. These prices put the Nexus 7 in direct competition with the Kindle Fire, while having better hardware.

Secondly, the training document suggests that the Nexus 7 will run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and that Google will be handling system software updates from now on. This is big news if Google plans on handling software updates for
all Android 4.1 Jelly Bean devices, however the leaked documents are not clear on this point. It is more likely
that Google will handle the updates for just the Nexus 7 tablet.

Whatever the case may be, the imminent release of a Google-branded tablet comes soon after Apple's iOS 6 reveal
and Microsoft's Surface and Windows Phone 8 announcements. It is about time Google took the reins of the
floundering Android tablet ecosystem and firmly brought it to heel.

We will have to wait a few more days for Google I/O to find out whether the Nexus 7 is real or just an
elaborate fake.

I need one asap!
grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
Am kinda a lil disappointed with Google jare!!
Why wud they remove 3G/4G connectivity and back camera cos of cost?
i feel since it wont be having extra memory then dat shdnt be removed
cos wat difference will dat to a Kindle Fire?
Re: Android, Anyone? by emeka50: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
zion32: you can check /andropalace.net/ for hvga and qvga devices.

I went to the site but when I want to download a game, I am refered to another site called ...I can pass or see the download site, please help or U̶̲̥̅̊ can send M̶̲̥̅Ƹ ur email, thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
na2day!:

Bros texazz, na wa o!everything cannot be perfect naa? grin
and u know most of these reviewers are paid top dollars to hype the thing, not that it needs hyping anyway.
From what I've heard and seen, the phone is good and its the best out there for now grin

I had a HTC One X, traded it for the Galaxy S III. What the reviews don't tell you is that

1) Camera on One X is better in most use cases. One X has a bigger sensor and so had measurably better low light performance. That simply means that indoor shots, the One X beats the GS III. Outdoor they are pretty much neck-and-neck but i do most of my shooting indoors anyway.

2) One X looks better than the GS3

3) One X has a FAR better screen. I read all the reviews talking about the One X having a slightly better screen. Crap. Who cares about deeper blacks on the SUPER AMOLED + when the Whites still have the bluish Amoled tint? If you place a One X screen and the GS III side by side, I assure you you'll see the difference. The One X is also FAR brighter than the GS III...several reviewers DID mention it though.

The GS III is the most powerful phone out there, but in real world use you'd be hard pressed to see the difference. Both are very snappy and both should be forward compatible for years. Despite the more powerful GPU in the GS III, games on the One X will look better because Nvidia pays devs to add some extra details in its TegraZone market...the GS III will run just the normal versions.

Bottom line is, I'm fairly ok with the switch i made (if only for the expansion potential). Also the fact that the GS III will easily outsell the One X means that this will be the development platform of choice for custom ROM chefs and Emulators. However, anyone with the HTC One X should NEVER feel he/she has the inferior device. That just isn't true. If you look beyond the hype, all round the GS III isn't a much better phone than the One X.
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2012
@ Texaz
Don't make me change my mind. Tomorrow'sthe day I know which of the 2 I'm getting tomorrow. I'm swayed by the option of expandable memory and removable battery. My growing movie collection of mostly 1gb+ would fill out in no time. A 1800mah vs 2000mah...hmm. At any given time, I'll like to use my phone also as an entertainment hub with games, music and movies with tv out option. Use it as a personal computer through mhl-hdmi combo on my tv using wireless keyboard.

The HTC one x has an edge for me especially in lieu of her 60fps video option. Though there is a new camera mod by hyper x for the S3 giving you a far superior camera upgrade with increased mbits translating to superior sound and video quality. Later updates promise slow mo video.

Tegra 3 don't mean nothing. Download chainfire 3D and you get same effects on tegra 3 devices.

Lastly those phones are MASSIVE!
Still I don't know which to go for yet...smh
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
see guys here contemplating buying those phones at that price. as for me I'll use my s2 till the end of this year before axing it for the better android phone
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
BlackBaron: @ Texaz
Don't make me change my mind. Tomorrow'sthe day I know which of the 2 I'm getting tomorrow. I'm swayed by the option of expandable memory and removable battery. My growing movie collection of mostly 1gb+ would fill out in no time. A 1800mah vs 2000mah...hmm. At any given time, I'll like to use my phone also as an entertainment hub with games, music and movies with tv out option. Use it as a personal computer through mhl-hdmi combo on my tv using wireless keyboard.

The HTC one x has an edge for me especially in lieu of her 60fps video option. Though there is a new camera mod by hyper x for the S3 giving you a far superior camera upgrade with increased mbits translating to superior sound and video quality. Later updates promise slow mo video.

Tegra 3 don't mean nothing. Download chainfire 3D and you get same effects on tegra 3 devices.

I don't really care about any video recording mods. How often do i really shoot video anyway, compared to camera shots in mid to low light situations?

The GS3 has a much superior battery life to the Tegra 3 HTC One X. HTC really dropped the ball in this regards.

There is no Chainfire 3D plugin for Tegra 3 at the moment...only Tegra 2. There is now no way to play any Tegra 3 game on a non Tegra device.

You'll get used to the size after a short while.

Perhaps you should go for the GS 3 because of the battery life. and it'll be the most popular (and hence most supported) Android phone this year.
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 12:02am On Jun 26, 2012
texazzpete:

There is no Chainfire 3D plugin for Tegra 3 at the moment...only Tegra 2. There is now no way to play any Tegra 3 game on a non Tegra device.

You'll get used to the size after a short while.

Perhaps you should go for the GS 3 because of the battery life. and it'll be the most popular (and hence most supported) Android phone this year.

About the tegra 3 plugin, you're prolly right. Here's a guy playing recent tegra 3 releases on GS3 -
[url = "http://www.youtube.com/user/saadi703"]Here[/url] albeit it is only supposedly possible because some tegra 3 games were optimised for tegra2 devices too or such.

Battery life is indeed key as I'm a medium-heavy user. I'll know what I'm up against later today
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 12:06am On Jun 26, 2012
^^^ I'm still rubbish at hyperlinking cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? by ozor1: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2012
BlackBaron: @

imo go for d HOX its a gud fone..nice hardware..nice ui..beta camera..relatively cheaper than the SGS3..the only flop is the battery.....yet the SGS3 has the same gpu with d SGS2...ITS UR CHOICE
Re: Android, Anyone? by fra84n20(m): 7:19am On Jun 26, 2012
A new international I.T firm is currently recruiting suitable candidates into the variouse vacancies that exists in its organisation. O'level, OND, HND, BSC ,& MSC holders are encouraged to apply. No previouse expirience required as candidates will undergo intensive training. send your Name, sex, qualification & phone No to 07068448129 immediately as interviews are already on going. Remuneration is attractive
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 7:27am On Jun 26, 2012
ozor1: .....yet the SGS3 has the same gpu with d SGS2...ITS UR CHOICE

This is false.
The SGS 3 has a much improved GPU from the SGS 2...it's even capable of beating the SGX 543 MP in the iPhone 4S and definitely much superior to the Tegra 3 GPU.

In short, the SGS 3 has the best CPU and GPU in any phone in the world. But many games WILL look better on the One X because of exclusive Tegrazone Tegra 3 enhancements
Re: Android, Anyone? by zion32(m): 10:09am On Jun 26, 2012
emeka50:

I went to the site but when I want to download a game, I am refered to another site called ...I can pass or see the download site, please help or U̶̲̥̅̊ can send M̶̲̥̅Ƹ ur email, thanks
if u are using a pc just click on the skip ad then u will be on the download page,but if you want to download from mobile, just visit dis site /adfly dot simplaza dot net/ then copy the adres from d site u were refferd to into the box provided in the new site then clik on 'deadfly'
Re: Android, Anyone? by ozor1: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
texazzpete:

This is false.
The SGS 3 has a much improved GPU from the SGS 2...it's even capable of beating the SGX 543 MP in the iPhone 4S and definitely much superior to the Tegra 3 GPU.

In short, the SGS 3 has the best CPU and GPU in any phone in the world. But many games WILL look better on the One X because of exclusive Tegrazone Tegra 3 enhancements
guy check well SGS2 Run mali-400mp same with sgs3....the exynos quad cpu..is NOT much better than the 1.5ghz quad core tegra 3 cpu..and it has special bAttry savin ability.. grin grin grin grin grin buh amma buy SGS3 IF I AVE D MONEY grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by ozor1: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
PLS ANY BODY WITH GOOD LINK TO DOWNLOAD GAMES WITH THE SD DATA FILES CAUSE I NO GET WIFI AND I WAN PLAY FIFA12 N NOVA3...GOD BLESS U
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
please aany1 wit idea on how to make the Vpn work? me i Don tire cry

Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
ozor1: guy check well SGS2 Run mali-400mp same with sgs3....the exynos quad cpu..is NOT much better than the 1.5ghz quad core tegra 3 cpu..and it has special bAttry savin ability.. grin grin grin grin grin buh amma buy SGS3 IF I AVE D MONEY grin grin

While on paper the GS II and GS III share the 'Mali 400' GPU, the version on the GS III is clocked way higher and is built using a 32nm process (against the 45nm process in the GS II). The performance delta between both devices is rather large.

Despite the overhyped 'battery saving feature' of Tegra 3, chipsets like Snapdragon S4 in the US HTC One X and the quad Core Exynos 4412 in the GS 3 are built on a smaller 32nm process and have more power saving features built it. The Tegra 3 HTC One X has a much lower battery life than the dual core S4 edition.

IMHO, Tegra 3 is a great disappointment considering the hype and Nvidia's pedigree.
Re: Android, Anyone? by honsule(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.