Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

The Nigeria Police - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nigeria Police (1613 Views)

The Nigeria Police Force As A Metaphor / Picture Of Nigeria Police Fighting Over N20 Bribe / Tokunbo Cars And The Nigeria Police. (2) (3) (4)

The Nigeria Police by klex(m): 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2005
The Nigerian Police...haa! a wise man needs not to be told they are like a plague flee from them if u value life and limb. Really can we say anything has changed or can ever change in the force? the truth is that every IG is a product of the same corrupt and rotten system. tell me guys, do u think if the present IG did not "roger" when he was a junior he would ever have risen to his present position? Hell no! People, the truth is that they are all tainted, the police is dead. cry

Look at the average cop, he is crude, semi-literate, combative, abrasive, psychologically defeated, a drunk, a killer and a bully (and these are among his better attributes). He claims to be poorly paid yet he fathers children like a pig whose fault is that? Please OBJ shld decree the regular conduct of psych analysis on our cops before its too late, becos a lot of them are unhinged.

Frankly i do not believe there is any good egg in the entire force, how has he survived thus far? if we want reform, lets sack the whole bunch and start on a fresh slate, with cleraly defined criteria and guidelines. we cannot afford to have a polica that is an all comers affair. Its been done b4.

People, I thank God evry day my path has never crossed with the polices' u just may not live to tell the tale.

Peace!
Re: The Nigeria Police by shockreaction(m): 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2005
"Park there! Inner light!" grin
Re: The Nigeria Police by Vieira(m): 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2005
sad but true cry cry cry
Re: The Nigeria Police by Seun(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2005
Re: The Nigeria Police by finengrman(m): 12:37am On Jun 24, 2005
All, We may not have good police force, but can we encourage them?
Re: The Nigeria Police by Seun(m): 1:11am On Jun 24, 2005
Exactly. How can we in our own small way help them to get better?
Re: The Nigeria Police by Vieira(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2005
Seun:

Exactly. How can we in our own small way help them to get better?

Sack half of them

Double their wages

improve their training

equip them properly

hire better qualified people like grads or ex soldiers

inject some pride back into the role of a police man.

give public rewards for exposing police who take bribes, with cameraphones and such it should be easy.
Re: The Nigeria Police by dablessed(f): 10:19am On Jun 24, 2005
finengrman:

All, We may not have good police force, but can we encourage them?

Finengrman,

Could u pls suggest ways of encouraging a nation's police force?
Re: The Nigeria Police by Greatpeter(m): 11:06am On Jun 24, 2005
Do a wicked man a favour yet he won't repent of his wickedness that is the true state of the Nigerian Police.
Na bible talk so no be me.
Re: The Nigeria Police by hotangel2(f): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2005
ALL 9ja Police should be sacked. And new ones should be screened.
Re: The Nigeria Police by pkrix(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2005
They are LAZY CRIMINAL.

If you wanna eat frogs, eat the big ones. You and that person next door that eats the small ones are all "FROG EATERS."

The are SHAMELESS and have sold their pride to N10 or N20.

They are also LIARS and INJUSTICE  personified.

If I am opportuned to be a President of this country and I can't treat police's Bleep up, I will shut down the existence of the police force for they have occasioned criminal acts equally as they have prevented them.

Let everyone be at the mercy of God. That's far better you know. For if God doesn't guard a city, in vain watcheth the police.
Re: The Nigeria Police by Seun(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2005
You appear to have forgotten how unsafe Lagos was before the establishment of "Operation Sweep" in Lagos (or is it "Operation Fire for Fire?"wink. After the success of the mobile policemen in Lagos, other states including Ogun State launched similar programmes.

So what pkrix has said is absolutely untrue. Without the police, armed robbers would not let us sleep at night at all! So what we need is just a less corrupt police force and I know that if the leaders in the force are sincere some progress will be made.
Re: The Nigeria Police by ijebu(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2006
Officers and men in the Nigeria Police are not from another planet. You should all expect them to be affected by the Nigerian factor. Tell me one area of national life that is doing as well as the Nigeria Police. Despite the Billoins of naira sank into NEPA, I wonder how many of you can boast of 6hrs  of electricity a day, the roads are dead trap despite billions of naira, Immigration, customs, banks, NNPC. mention.
The performance of our police men in United nations peacekeeping operations since 1960 confirm that if an average police man is given a good opportunity and encouragement he can perform well. An constable earns N7,000, a Superintendent takes home less than n40,000.
I can confirm that Nigeria police has brilliant officers. See their website designed by policemen www.nigeriapolice.org. I have met the webmaster who is a policeman, who each time we meet complain about not having the necessary materials to work with. The Nigeria Police is the only organization in Nigeria having a web design team, other contracted their websites to contractors.
For over two years the Police Trust Fund bill has been in the national assembly, as long as the government don't take the issue of the Nigeria Police serious don't expect them to perform magic.
You can even contribute to their forum on www.nigeriapolice.org/forum cool
Re: The Nigeria Police by ijebu(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2006
The federal Government of Nigeria has setup a reform committee for the Nigeria. I think this is the best time to make our contributions toward having a better and more focus police force in Nigeria. Though I doubt if the government will ever make public the report of the committee not to take of implementing recommendations of the committee. we can still express our opinions. I think the best place to do that is on the police forum on their website, www.nigeriapolice.org/forum  cool

Can The Blind From Birth Dream? / How To Make Your Roommate Bored / Im Back. Beautiful Girl.