Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship (3417 Views)

Please I Need Some On Infor On Greece And German Embassy.... / Uk About To Axe Permanent Residence Permit For Legal Immigrants / Any Info About Greece?pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by Vicjustice: 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2010
*   This article was my initial response to a thread in which someone requested of me to enlighten him about the Greek Residence Permit, and i thought it would help to share it in a new thread of its own.
   Bebeosi (pronounce Veveosi) is a Greek word which is being translated as certificate in English language. Now, when an alien applies for a fresh or for a renewal of a Greek Residence Permit (known as Adeia Paramonis), he or she is issued a Bebeosi (certificate) of application usually in the form of an officially stamped paper-document with no significant authenticity. This temporal document is deemed valid for as long as the authority takes to renew the Residence Permit or the time it takes them to reach decision which can take several years in some occasions.
   This system of Bebeosi coming between Residence Permit application or its renewal is a measure of delay tactic which the Greek authority apparently applies to frustrate aliens who are qualified (or are deemed eligible by amnesty) for the Greek residence permit. Though a Bebeosi holder is eligible for almost everything that an actual Residence permit holder is eligible for, but the length of time that a Bebeosi holder can stay outside Greece is strictly regulated, and in some cases, a Bebeosi holder would have to contact the authority in order to get clearance to leave the country and also to know how long he or she can stay away.
   Greece is an Orthodox country, about 95% of the Greeks are conservative orthodox "Christians", this is the reason it has always been difficult to obtain Greek citizenship, the cause dating back to the Ottoman empire period when the Greeks were ruled by muslim Turks for 400 years. Back then, they had a policy that whoever is baptised in the Orthodox church is a Greek, and whoever is not baptised is a Turk. This belief and practice was the traditional way by which the Hellas identified themselves as Greeks and the system has continued over time until this present day despite the modern civilization. Now, having been occupied and enslaved by the muslim Turks for 400 years, and having managed to repel the occupiers in a struggle that resulted in the Greek losing their cherished land Constantinople-Istanpolio (Istanbul) to Turkey which subsequently converted the magnificient "Holy Sophia" Church into a Mosque, the surviving Greeks now hate Muslims with passion, this hatred is the root cause of the Greek government's delay tactics by which they use the Bebeosi system to make it extremely difficult for aliens from Muslim world to get long term residence permit that would eventually qualify them for the Greek citizenship; The majority of immigrants seeking Residence permit in Greece are Muslims from Albania and the Asian world, and the Greeks are not comfortable with this fact and unfortunately, those who are not Muslims are also affected by this authority grievances: It would interest you to know that many people in their quest for the Greek passport turn orthodox and get orthodox baptizm which involves a ritual in which a protion of their hair is cut off as an oath of membership and faithfulness to the orthodox sect.
   How much are you gonna pay me for this?

1 Like

Re: Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by saridonp2: 12:12am On Nov 12, 2010
Point of correction the Greeks hate Turkish and also Albanians but hate turkish more with a passion and not all muslims as you said.They fucking hate Turkish like forever!
Re: Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by Vicjustice: 1:04am On Nov 12, 2010
saridon_p:

Point of correction the Greeks hate Turkish and also Albanians but hate turkish more with a passion and not all muslims as you said.They bleeping hate Turkish like forever!
   There's no point of correction in this because, what you have said is only a part of the reality. I lived in Greece longer than i ever lived in any other country, and i speak the language as fluent as i speak English, therefore, my knowledge about Greece and the Greeks is accurate. Now, i don't think you've been to north Eastern Greek towns and cities like Komotini, Orestiada, Xanthi, Alexandropoli etc and see how the Greek muslim minority feel about Greece. Greek people do not shy off to say "Aimeis oi Ellines, den theloume muslima stin chora mas" ("We the Greeks, do not want Muslims in our country"wink. Of course, it can't be every Greek who agrees with this, but the fact remains that the majority of the Greeks are conservative Orthodox "christians" and do not want any other religion to survive in Greece.

I am not a Muslim, but i know the Greeks dislike Islam. And if you think they do not have problem with Islam, why is there not a single mosque in Athens? I was in Greece during the time when some Asian people set up a make-shift mosque in Plateia Koliatsu, i remember how there was a great uproar and protest by the Greek public calling the move a "tresspass against the Hellenic value". So, what are you saying here, that the Greeks love Islam but hate Albanians and Turkish only; by the way, what country in Europe is not afraid of Islam now-a-days?
Re: Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by justhustle: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ vicjustice
hello house,i wish to know if it is possible to change status while in canada,
i mean going in with a visitors visa and on getting to canada,before the expiration of the 6 months temporary visa change status to,say student category,
i would like to know the processes/procedures and possible duration
your comment would really be appreciated.
Re: Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by Vicjustice: 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2010
justhustle:

hello vicjustice and co
,i wish to know if it is possible to change status while in canada,
i mean going in with a visitors visa and on getting to canada,before the expiration of the 6 months temporary visa change status to,say student category,
i would like to know the processes/procedures and possible duration
your comment would really be appreciated.
*Canada, with its size bigger than the USA and a population of less than 32 million is highly underpopulated and in need of immigrants: its immigration rules as well as its legalisation and naturalisation policies are argueably the most immigrant friendly in the world, people who entered the country by deceitful means are able to legalise themselves by one means or the other therefore, i expect it to be easier for someone who entered with a visa

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by gridtann: 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
Am having a Greece residence permit but am not living there.how possible is it for me to give birth over there and is my child going to get a residence permit?
Re: Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by Vicjustice: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
gridtann:

Am having a Greece residence permit but am not living there.
   Oh yeah? So, you got a Greek R. Permit from the Oluwole consular and immigration centre in Nigeria, right?

gridtann:
how possible is it for me to give birth over there. . .?
   Well, perhaps you need to consult a gynecologist to examine your womb and advise on the possibility of "giving birth over there"

gridtann:
and is my child going to get a residence permit?
   The good news is, if however it becomes possible for you "to give birth over there" the miracle child would have (at least) the same R. Permit as you have.
Re: Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship by jidewin(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
Vicjustice: *   This article was my initial response to a thread in which someone requested of me to enlighten him about the Greek Residence Permit, and i thought it would help to share it in a new thread of its own.
   Bebeosi (pronounce Veveosi) is a Greek word which is being translated as certificate in English language. Now, when an alien applies for a fresh or for a renewal of a Greek Residence Permit (known as Adeia Paramonis), he or she is issued a Bebeosi (certificate) of application usually in the form of an officially stamped paper-document with no significant authenticity. This temporal document is deemed valid for as long as the authority takes to renew the Residence Permit or the time it takes them to reach decision which can take several years in some occasions.
   This system of Bebeosi coming between Residence Permit application or its renewal is a measure of delay tactic which the Greek authority apparently applies to frustrate aliens who are qualified (or are deemed eligible by amnesty) for the Greek residence permit. Though a Bebeosi holder is eligible for almost everything that an actual Residence permit holder is eligible for, but the length of time that a Bebeosi holder can stay outside Greece is strictly regulated, and in some cases, a Bebeosi holder would have to contact the authority in order to get clearance to leave the country and also to know how long he or she can stay away.
   Greece is an Orthodox country, about 95% of the Greeks are conservative orthodox "Christians", this is the reason it has always been difficult to obtain Greek citizenship, the cause dating back to the Ottoman empire period when the Greeks were ruled by muslim Turks for 400 years. Back then, they had a policy that whoever is baptised in the Orthodox church is a Greek, and whoever is not baptised is a Turk. This belief and practice was the traditional way by which the Hellas identified themselves as Greeks and the system has continued over time until this present day despite the modern civilization. Now, having been occupied and enslaved by the muslim Turks for 400 years, and having managed to repel the occupiers in a struggle that resulted in the Greek losing their cherished land Constantinople-Istanpolio (Istanbul) to Turkey which subsequently converted the magnificient "Holy Sophia" Church into a Mosque, the surviving Greeks now hate Muslims with passion, this hatred is the root cause of the Greek government's delay tactics by which they use the Bebeosi system to make it extremely difficult for aliens from Muslim world to get long term residence permit that would eventually qualify them for the Greek citizenship; The majority of immigrants seeking Residence permit in Greece are Muslims from Albania and the Asian world, and the Greeks are not comfortable with this fact and unfortunately, those who are not Muslims are also affected by this authority grievances: It would interest you to know that many people in their quest for the Greek passport turn orthodox and get orthodox baptizm which involves a ritual in which a protion of their hair is cut off as an oath of membership and faithfulness to the orthodox sect.
   How much are you gonna pay me for this?
Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap.... Wowww!you dug up this?, you're good bro.
Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap... Wow!

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora Senseless / Importance Of Toefl Waiver Letter On Visa Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.