Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa (39058 Views)

Gunfight At Tin Can Between Hoodlums In Apapa, Lagos / Saki Youths Burn Cattle-Laden Truck For Killing A Boy In Oyo (Disturbing Photos) / 40-Foot Container Laden With Tramadol & Codeine Intercepted By Police In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Islie: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2019
Two safety agencies of Lagos State Government on Monday discovered five containers laden with rotten fish and other edibles in Apapa area of the state .

The News Agency of Nigeria learnt that the shocking discovery was made during a site inspection of the containers following reports of air pollution and release of toxic gas into the environment at one of the off -dock terminals in Apapa .

NAN gathered that the site inspection was conducted jointly by Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and
Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency .

“ The joint- team discovered edibles , including fish , which had become rotten due to faulty refrigerators .

“ The LASEMA team observed the absence of emergency action as well as preparedness plan and appropriate safety measures in place to curtail such incidence and guard against recurrence.

“ A total number of 25 containers was located and five containers laden with edibles have faulty refrigerators .

“ The edibles have therefore defrosted and have become rotten, causing severe health hazard to the environment , ” Dr Olufemi Oke -Osanyintolu , LASEMA Director General, told NAN on Monday .

The LASEMA boss said that the rotten edibles inside the containers left huge impact on four of the affected 13 houses located on the street at Trinity Close, Apapa .
( NAN )

https://punchng.com/five-containers-laden-with-rotten-fish-other-edibles-found-in-apapa/

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by donbachi(m): 11:52am On Oct 29, 2019
Fruitless venture...person go suffer hustle hard,carry the money invest into an importation business...only to hear sey d goods don perish....GOD forbid...anything buried anywhere to bury our money,investment and labour..back fire in Jesus name.

195 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by funmijoyb(f): 11:55am On Oct 29, 2019
Business people rather prefer foodstuffs to waste than giving it to d needy free .
Of what benefit is rotten fish to the owners now?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2019
funmijoyb:
Business people rather prefer foodstuffs to waste than giving it to d needy free .
Of what benefit is rotten fish to the owners now?

If you know what business is you'd not be making this statement. It's like you've not gone to market with 300k and come back with 10k but you cannot see what you've sold.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by funmijoyb(f): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
NoGender:

If you know what business is you'd not be making this statement. It's like you've not gone to market with 300k and come back with 10k but you cannot see what you've sold.
How will i not see what have sold..i will keep records bro. This your analysis i wont wish my best enemy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by rentAcock(m): 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
I think the shipping company is to blame for the faulty refrigerator. They know they were transporting frozen and edible goods but didn't have working refrigerators. The importer should sue for damages.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Madibah(m): 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ogaju lipsrsealed
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by BlackfireX: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
I don't understand
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by solpat(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
What a waste
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
Millions wasted . Nigeria is such a shithole

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by emeijeh(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
After all the hustle and sweat.

Wicked people.

STUPID GOVERNMENT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by DesChyko: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
Too bad.
Back to why they got rotten.
Did they get rotten because the owner couldn't afford the duty or because the duty charged would result in a loss for the owner? Or could it be due to congestion?

Whichever it is, perishable edibles are supposed to be handled with care mehn

11 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by holyDaniel: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
Pls take them to Aso Rock for rotten politicians to eat.

8 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by PureGoldh(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
Chai....the number of containers wey em customs Don seize wey Don enter demurrage no be here oooh..

Person go suffer import goods from Yankee.. To clear am go be problem.. Dem go quote the kind money wey if you sum everything up.. You nO go even see change from your hustle....las Las we go dey alright sha undecided

My people.. If you need Pure Original HOney.. Check out my profile for more details or call me on the number attached to my signature below

6 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by falcon01: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
abeg those people Yabbing each other make una continue .. I'm liking it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Weedhustler: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigerian should just destroy let's start all over again.
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by nedekid: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
funmijoyb:

With your 3 inches..empty barrel makes d loudest noise
Double Ha shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Pabloosas(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
cool
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by emeijeh(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
falcon01:
abeg those people Yabbing each other make una continue .. I'm liking it

Chihuahua and barking dog abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by doctore212(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
The owner should sign Tacha as brand ambassador

3 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
Biko nu who's fault because i knw no biznex man will import a roten edible content abi una delay the consignment so long that it spoiled.....

3 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Sijo01(f): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
You don gada money import finish, why not do all you can to get it cleared.

Iyam not understanding undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thieves Who Stole Motorcycle In Church In Anambra Beaten By Mob (Photos) / Burial Of Woman Shot By Policeman Who Was Chasing Yahoo Boy In Lagos (Photos) / How 'One Million Boys' Killed Man During Elections In Ibadan. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.