Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? (10106 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? / I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2010
Dear brothers and sisters I have a big problem. I have a predilection for Amala, that is the meal that is made from Yam flour. I can eat it at anytime of the day or night and I am sure that if I get a whiff of it in my sleep I can sleepwalk to it and scoff the whole pot before going back to bed without even waking up. You all will just wake up to find that there is no more amala in the pot.

Now my problem, and it is a big one, lies in the fact that there is absolutely no mention of Amala in the bible. Not even Yam. This is very worrisome for me. If it was Iyan, that is pounded yam, that one is still better because it is white in colour and so might connote some sort of holiness. But Amala is BLACK! Could this be the devil's food.

Please help!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by e36991: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Dear brothers and sisters I have a big problem.  I have a predilection for Amala, that is the meal that is made from Yam flour.  I can eat it at anytime of the day or night and I am sure that if I get a whiff of it in my sleep I can sleepwalk to it and scoff the whole pot before going back to bed without even waking up.  You all will just wake up to find that there is no more amala in the pot.

Now my problem, and it is a big one, lies in the fact that there is absolutely no mention of Amala in the bible.  Not even Yam.  This is very worrisome for me.  If it was Iyan, that is pounded yam, that one is still better because it is white in colour and so might connote some sort of holiness.  But Amala is BLACK!  Could this be the devil's food. 

Please help!!

@Pastor AIO

NL's most favourite pastor!

Is this a ploy to smoke someone out wink wink

Anyway amala is not the devil's food ooo

but dare I tell you this for nothing.

The devil eats men dust for breakfast

That is biblical. At least the without the breakfast bit  grin grin
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by honeric01(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
Pastor AIO:

that is pounded yam, that one is still better because it is white in colour and so might connote some sort of holiness. But Amala is BLACK! Could this be the devil's food.

Please help!!

What makes you think anything black represent evil or the devil? how are you sure the devil is black? what if the devil is even whiter than snow? undecided
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by 49cents(m): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
a very funny and incredulous question i just want to believe you are joking! Is there mango in the bible; the devil is a pure spirit, spirit have nothing to do with coluur! i hope you r joking, pls tell me it was only a hilarous post
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Now my problem, and it is a big one, lies in the fact that there is absolutely no mention of Amala in the bible.  Not even Yam.  This is very worrisome for me.  If it was Iyan, that is pounded yam, that one is still better because it is white in colour and so might connote some sort of holiness.  But Amala is BLACK!  Could this be the devil's food.  

Please help!!

hahahahahahahahahaha. lolrmaof

But jesus used to eat in Martha's house and some pastors said it was EFO RIRO that she normally cook for him. Probably they ate 'amala' then as well
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Image123(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2010
Make sure the amala is hot enough to remind you of hell fire, devil dreads hell. Make sure that the soup is sweet. Eat amala to the glory of God, now that's biblical.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by UyiIredia(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
kini big deal ? >>> on top amala grin >>> NA WA !!!
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
honeric01:

What makes you think anything black represent evil or the devil? how are you sure the devil is black? what if the devil is even whiter than snow? undecided

Then I will run back to nigeria where there is no snow.

49cents:

a very funny and incredulous question i just want to believe you are joking! Is there mango in the bible; the devil is a pure spirit, spirit have nothing to do with coluur! i hope you r joking, pls tell me it was only a hilarous post

I very serious o! I try my best to eat olives and figs to balance out the fact that I eat a lot of mangos too. I just want to live biblically. Surely you can understand that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by honeric01(m): 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2010
^^^^

Something is going all wrong tonight grin grin grin
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Omolulu(m): 9:20pm On Nov 12, 2010
LMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by JeSoul(f): 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2010
Pastor AIO:

I very serious o! I try my best to eat olives and figs to balance out the fact that I eat a lot of mangos too. I just want to live biblically. Surely you can understand that.
Is that so? okay then . . .

- I hope you don't have a car or use buses or trains cos those too are unbiblical. The only biblical mode of transportation is via camel-power, or if you're rich, horse-driven chariots.

- I hope also you don't stay in a wooden/cement house. Only hand-built tents are allowed

- And if you use a computer, cell-phone or any technological device, you are at the height of sin-dom. You must restrict yourself to writing like Jesus did - in the sand. Or if you want the records preserved, then some papyra scrolls will do. Don't use too big lettering or much ink though, excess is unbiblical.

- Do you wear clothes? are they of the approved biblical material? no jeans or leather or anything of that sinful sort.

the list is endless, but with some careful and painstaking dedication, I know you can do it  smiley goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 13, 2010
Haaaaaaaaaaaa!! Haaaaaaaaaaaa!! Haaaaaaaaaaaa!! Haaaaaaaaaaaa!! I can't just stop laughing
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Image123(m): 3:25am On Nov 13, 2010
You can do it, i dey your back and side together. I 4even dey your front but i busy pass that.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by tpia5: 4:31am On Nov 13, 2010
poster,

if you ever opened a bible talkless read it properly, you'd have seen this verse:

matt 15

16  “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.

17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body

duh.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by nuclearboy(m): 5:50am On Nov 13, 2010
@Tpia:

Chei! What Bible translation do you use or wth did you get the "dull" thing?

And na Pastor you dey try so? I fear you O
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by e36991: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2010
@^^^

Matt 15:15 NLT:

Then Peter said to Jesus, "Explain to us the parable that says people aren't defiled by what they eat."

Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by MaiSuya(m): 9:51am On Nov 13, 2010
Isn't there a place where Paul talked against eating food sacrificed to idols? I doubt if Jesus was talking about physical food in that passage.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2010
The unholy act of eating a black colored food like amala is definitely unbiblical, pastor. The white version(Laafun) is biblical, however. That is a holy food because of it's white color.
BTW, do you eat amala with cutleries, pastor? Dat na another blasphemy o!
Pastor AIO:

Dear brothers and sisters I have a big problem. I have a predilection for Amala, that is the meal that is made from Yam flour. I can eat it at anytime of the day or night and I am sure that if I get a whiff of it in my sleep I can sleepwalk to it and scoff the whole pot before going back to bed without even waking up. You all will just wake up to find that there is no more amala in the pot.

Now my problem, and it is a big one, lies in the fact that there is absolutely no mention of Amala in the bible. Not even Yam. This is very worrisome for me. If it was Iyan, that is pounded yam, that one is still better because it is white in colour and so might connote some sort of holiness. But Amala is BLACK! Could this be the devil's food.

Please help!!

2 Likes

Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by e36991: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2010
Mai Suya:

Isn't there a place where Paul talked against eating food sacrificed to idols?

I doubt if Jesus was talking about physical food in that passage

@^^^

Paul said there is nothing wrong in eating it but with a caveat

If ones feels it might cause another to offend or give offense, then give it a miss
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by e36991: 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2010
Mai Suya:

Isn't there a place where Paul talked against eating food sacrificed to idols?

I doubt if Jesus was talking about physical food in that passage.

@^^^

Matt 15:10-11 NIV:

10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand.

11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"

Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by DeepSight(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2010
Pastor is driving at something more subtle, friends.

The reputation of the man alone should move y'all stop and think.

When a man of such a vast mind and such depth of heart and perception writes such things. . . satire is eminently afoot.

I am not sure I have struck at the base that he is driving at but off the top of my head it looks like two things -

1. The mentality of restricting oneself to ideas that were prevalent at the time of the bible and

2. The mentality that that which is associated with the cultures of fairer races is also more spiritually uplifting than ours.

This, it turns out, is a brilliant sattire against spiritual colonial-mentality, other wise known as KOLO-MENTAL!

Bravo, Pastor.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Joagbaje(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

Pastor is driving at something more subtle, friends.

The reputation of the man alone should move y'all stop and think.

When a man of such a vast mind and such depth of heart and perception writes such things. . . satire is eminently afoot.

I am not sure I have struck at the base that he is driving at but off the top of my head it looks like two things -

1. The mentality of restricting oneself to ideas that were prevalent at the time of the bible and

2. The mentality that that which is associated with the cultures of fairer races is also more spiritually uplifting than ours.

This, it turns out, is a brilliant sattire against spiritual colonial-mentality, other wise known as KOLO-MENTAL!

Bravo, Pastor.
grin grin
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by tpia5: 2:02am On Nov 14, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Tpia:

you do know "pastor" AIO is an ifa priest or adherent, right?
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by tpia5: 2:06am On Nov 14, 2010

there's a joke section for your idols.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Tpia:

Ol boy, I no dey inside o! You see say I no dey dis thread again o! I no dey try tilapia. I'm not Banom. Only Banom fit go toe to toe with her, but where is banom now? My point exactly!!!
That woman's mouth is toooooo sharp! I can only feel sorry for her husband. Poor wretched fellow.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by InesQor(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2010
@Deep Sight:

Maybe its just me, but the point was clear from the moment I saw the thread title in the list under the Religion Section.  grin I opened expecting to find comedy and satire.

I have said it many times before, Pastor AIO is besides himself!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

@OP: It is NOT Biblical, whether na white one oh or black one  grin

Biblical: In keeping with the nature of the Bible or its times or people.

Unfortunately, the same thing applies to beans and dodo.  sad

Where is our moderator manmust[size=15pt]wac[/size]? He should have something to say here. . .
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by nuclearboy(m): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2010
^^ better don't mind the 2 revered combatants above. Venus, goddess of love and Poseidon of the waters. My crystal ball tells me they are secretly in love and this is a mating dance.

@Pastor - are you truly an IFA adherent/practitioner or you just read it and so have the knowledge you have?

@Tpia - did you ever consider Oga is just an overtly avid reader and not the occultist you seem to believe?

Anyways, its always nice to see Titans clash. I only wish Medusa was in the mix but no be me go give person THAT name
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by tpia5: 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ better don't mind the 2 revered combatants above. Venus, goddess of love and Poseidon of the waters. My crystal ball tells me they are secretly in love and this is a mating dance.

@Pastor - are you truly an IFA adherent/practitioner or you just read it and so have the knowledge you have?

@Tpia - did you ever consider Oga is just an overtly avid reader and not the occultist you seem to believe?

Anyways, its always nice to see Titans clash. I only wish Medusa was in the mix but no be me go give person THAT name

i really dont know why you're quick to see fights where there are none.

i simply posted a bible verse which you can feel free to disprove if you dont like that particular translation. That was the version i saw and of course there are different translations which you can look up.

as per AIO's ifa worship, well ask him yourself, and if he denies it, then move on.

and yes, the topic belongs in the jokes section because it makes no sense here.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by omega25red(m): 3:45am On Nov 15, 2010
i can't help but to feel sorry for you i hope you dont have people who listen and follow things you say because you are very very misguided

smdh undecided

so when you look at your black skin you thin you are not biblical? is that why you bleach your skin? who put this on the front page anyway?
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by rasputinn(m): 4:10am On Nov 15, 2010
I don't think Pasto AIO is on drugs,but I suspect this post
So OP,what exactly are you driving @?
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by AloyEmeka5: 4:19am On Nov 15, 2010
Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is OP related to BecomeRich?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Theory Of Evolution Debunked! Evolutionists Pls View Intelligently. / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Hate Homosexuals If God Created Them That Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.