Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) (9554 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Story In The Old Testament Bible / Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? / New Testament (bible) Fairytale Or Horror Story?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by ShiaMuslim: 12:15am On Nov 13, 2010
FALSE PROPHECIES ATTRIBUTED TO JESUS:

Mark 16:16-20
16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

According to the above,anyone who “believes” can do the following:
1.) Drive out demons
2.) Speak in tongues
3.) Pick up snakes with their hands
4.) Drink poison and will not get hurt
5.) Heal people

Ok.we’ve heard people claim so many things,but i have not seen #3 and #4 nor have anyone who “believe” claimed that.the last time a pastor entered a lion’s cage,he was tore apart.

Matthew 24:29-35

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Ok, its more than 2000 years and we are still waiting for those stated above to happen.still waiting and the evangelist is still intimidating people that the hour is at hand and they will be doomed with outdated unfulfilled prophecies!

Matthew 16:27-28
27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Ok, ”some standing here” have rotten in their graves!

Mark 13:30-31
30Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. [/b]31Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Ok, ”these generations” have long pass.

[b]Mark 9:1

1And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Na lie!!!all of dem done die!!!lol

Luke 9:27
27But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

All of them are died and gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

John’s Predictions:

Revelation 1:1-3

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

At whose hand?

1 John 2:18
18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, .even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time

Paul’s Predictions:

Hebrews 10:37

37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

among all the false prophecies cited,the ones of paul are the ones that express the hope for everlasting life and the fear of death the most.lets see further!

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:49-55
49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, and then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

In the above,Paul said he would be catch up with others in the cloud and meet the Lord in the air.in other words,he will be flying!!!the christian imaginative belief in the Rapture is from these verses of false and unfulfilled prophecies that failed expectation.paul predicted in the above that:

1.) The Lord will decend
2.) The voice of the archangel
3.) The dead will rise first
4.) Those of them alive will not die
5.) They will follow those who rose from the dead and catch up with them in the clouds
6.) They will meet their lord in the air
7.) And they shall ever be with the lord and he will never die.
If one examines the Last Testament of God,the Holy Quran,you will find it clearly stated that “every soul shall have the taste of death”.
Every soul shall have a taste of death: in the end to Us shall ye be brought back. (Holy Quran 29:57)
Truly thou wilt die (one day), and truly they (too) will die (one day). (Holy Quran 39:30)

but here in the new testament we have the fake prophet paul,who distorted the teachings of Jesus by adding his own ideas wishing that he will never die!!!fear of death!!!

I can hardly believe that someone like paul can just be believed and taken seriously with no examination while christians even go as far as lying to condemn islam and its Prophet.about 3 quarters of the books of the new testament were written by Paul,a fake prophet!!!!look at paul’s contradictory words:
ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED BY GOD[/B]

[b]2 Timothy 3:16

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

According to the same Paul,not all scripture is from God.Some are personal contributions:

1 Corinthians 7:6
6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

Does God give man the permission to make false prophecies and utter commands contrary to His will?

1 Corinthians 7:12
12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

Did Paul ask the Lord about the above issue? Or does the Lord compromise with His law? or is Paul allowed to go contrary to what the Lord says and issue wrong opinions and not facts obligatory to abide by?
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by 2dmax(m): 12:43am On Nov 13, 2010
so, dear, what are you driving at?
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by ShiaMuslim: 12:49am On Nov 13, 2010
thank you for that question.

i was really disgusted when i read one of the threads about the Prophet Muhammad (sa).it was full of lies and rudeness.its disgusting.they attribute all kind of lies to islam when the lies are infact not in islam but in the opposite direction,from the side of the liars.

all that i am saying is simple: you cannot rely on your bible.it cannot guide.false prophecies are only one example of that.as time goes on and i spend more time in this forum,you will see more and also you will see more of the beauty of islam and the Quran and the reality and truth.you can only be guided and delivered when you submit (islam) to God.only islam can guide you and only God can save you.those who design themselves on sundays with a bible under their arm and parading the streets dressing like models and going on preaching do not know anything about the bible.if they know,they will cover their faces and hide.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by seyibrown(f): 2:18am On Nov 14, 2010
Bookmarked!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by lng: 6:52am On Nov 14, 2010
ShiaMuslim,  You should show respect to other peoples religion, I am sure you will not be happy if such an approach was made to the holy scripture that you subscribe to   !!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by newmusic: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2010
Shaimuslim, where are you from and what was the religion of your parents before you were given birth to?

I am sure you were borne a Muslim so I understand your argument, if you were borne a Christain you will see say the same thing and find fault in Islam.

That is what most people fail to realise. You can speak for Islam till eternity,it is not your fault nor your understanding but pre-destined as a result of being borne into a Muslim family. Just leave Christainity alone and let everybody be, I think Islam they say is religion of peace and love so why the unneccessary arguments.

The fact is you and I, we dont know anything, we are only saying what we read from Bible and Quaran written by some people so many centuries ago before our forefathers even came to this world.

My advice : stick with your religion,preach peace and love, dont preach arguement and condemnation because it will create provocation and it is a sin before our Creator. Thanks

1 Like

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2010
@posters,I assume you are all religious and read your Holy Books with Wisdom where Clarity becomes the only Truth.

It is often common to take statements out of context, to replace literal with allegory and vice-versa. I don't subscribe to Theology (A weird science of sorts) but we as mature Human beings must seek enlightenment for the purpose revelation not seeking to argue for or against an Agenda.
my humble contribution to this prickly thread .
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
regardless of what religion we are born into,it is the duty of every adult to look for the truth.the holy Quran says in this light:

When it is said to them:"Come to what Allah hath revealed; come to the Messenger": they say: "Enough for us are the ways we found our fathers following."What! even though their fathers were void of knowledge and guidance? (Holy Quran 5:104)

when you go through the prophecies made by Paul,it is from these prophecies that never came to pass that christian got the beliefs of the rapture,used to scare humanity that christians would be flying to the air while the rest would perish.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by favouredjb(f): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2010
You av no arguement,mtscheew!so sayings like"with faith as small as a mustard seed u ll move mountains"u actually blve a physical mountain will move?lol!I dnt av time to school the likes of u

1 Like

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2010
favouredjb:

You av no arguement,mtscheew!so sayings like"with faith as small as a mustard seed u ll move mountains"u actually blve a physical mountain will move?lol!I dnt av time to school the likes of u

not sure who u are talking to.ur message is not explicit.pls clarify.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by seyibrown(f): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ LagosShia

Please, Are you in any way related to ShiaMuslim?  grin Sounds like you are singing the same song and looks like you have the same 'surname' (Shia). No need to duplicate yourself to multiply the 'disapproval' of the Bible because many people do too and it's only a matter of time before they find your thread. Don't worry, they'll soon be here!  grin
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by 2dmax(m): 5:35am On Nov 16, 2010
@shiamuslim, so, i'm still listening,
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by aletheia(m): 5:50am On Nov 16, 2010
ShiaMuslim:

i was really disgusted when i read one of the threads about the Prophet Muhammad (sa).it was full of lies and rudeness.its disgusting.they attribute all kind of lies to islam when the lies are infact not in islam but in the opposite direction,from the side of the liars.

So, you are saying that the hadiths are filled with lies? Because I am pretty certain the things that you are getting angry over are actually written in your hadiths and qur'an.

Your list of failed prophecies is actually lame because your very own words imply that you have seen #1, #2, and #5 on the ones you attributed to Jesus.

In any case, here is one prophecy for you: the very words from the Bible that you quoted will stand against you on the Day of Judgment---unless you repent and turn to Jesus so that your sins may be forgiven.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

1 Like

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2010
aletheia:

So, you are saying that the hadiths are filled with lies? Because I am pretty certain the things that you are getting angry over are actually written in your hadiths and qur'an.

and i did not say "filled with lies",dont put words into my mouth,ok? the bible and the hadith were both written by fallible men.so there are statements that can be rejected.

and stop generalizing.we are talking about the hadith,why say "are actually written in your hadiths and quran"?be specific.there is nothing at all rejectable or wrong in the Quran.unlike the bible and the hadiths that are authored by men and you can find objections on certain things in them,the Quran is perfect and free from any defect.get that straight,ok?dont just talk and issue words to twist things up and down.

Your list of failed prophecies is actually lame because your very own words imply that you have seen #1, #2, and #5 on the ones you attributed to Jesus.
ARE YOU LYING OR YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO READ ENGLISH?

Go and read what i said there.open your head,ok?

i said regarding the prophecy of those who believe and preach mentioned in mark,that they will heal people,handle snakes,drink poison etc, that even if am to accept those actions as the particular one prophecy of mark alone states them, based on what your pastors claim that they can heal people for example,i cannot accept the one of where they can drink poison and nothing will happen to them.if you are so sure of yourself and believe the prophecy is correct,why not try yourself to prove me wrong and drink a class of poison?you will prove Jesus right!go ahead if you believe.handle a snake and heal people if you can.we see everyday how your pastors and those who claim to be prophets are exposed for fake miracles and juju tricks.

In any case, here is one prophecy for you: the very words from the Bible that you quoted will stand against you on the Day of Judgment---unless you repent and turn to Jesus so that your sins may be forgiven.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

i reject you and your prophecy.

i do not reject Jesus.it is islam that honored Jesus and Muhammad that confirmed him and received of Jesus as prophesied in the book of john.Muhammad vindicated Jesus and believed in him.therefore all muslims believe in Jesus.if we would have rejected him like the jews,his own people do,you will not be here quoting for the bible out of context and accusing me of rejecting Jesus.shame on you people!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by aletheia(m): 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2010
Whether you reject it or not: it is a prophecy that will be fulfilled on the Day of Judgement for all who have rejected Jesus, when you stand before the Judgement Seat of Jesus Christ, i.e. unless you have been saved through the Blood of Jesus. So you see; your rejection of the prophecy is meaningless; it does not depend on your believing it for it to be fulfilled.

aletheia:

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 1:50am On Nov 17, 2010
aletheia:

Whether you reject it or not: it is a prophecy that will be fulfilled on the Day of Judgement for all who have rejected Jesus, when you stand before the Judgement Seat of Jesus Christ, i.e. unless you have been saved through the Blood of Jesus. So you see; your rejection of the prophecy is meaningless; it does not depend on your believing it for it to be fulfilled.

the prophecies presented will never be fulfilled because they are time bound and their time is past.therefore the prophecies are false.when the muslim talks to you for your own good try and listen carefully.

As for the day of judgement just know that only God will judge me.that is the same God, myself,Jesus and you will stand before Him.He alone will judge all humans.Jesus is not my God and he is not a god at all nor divine.he is just a prophet of God and a human being who was highly honored.

As for believing in human blood sacrifice,as christians believe in the blood of Jesus,which was never shed in the first place,just know that am neither a vampire nor a monster.i dont need any blood sacrifice to cleanse me as you believe.God is just and each and every man is to account for himself alone and only.the God we know in islam is also neither a blood-thirsty psycho who will not forgive His creatures until the blood of an innocent man believed to be His son is shed in place for criminals,which is unjust and against justice.my God is also not a blood sucking vampire.these beliefs would be more suitable in the religion of the babalaos than the religion you attribute to Jesus.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by aletheia(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2010
^^^What are you going on about. You are already condemned. You are going to Hell. Even your god Allah (Satan) has assured you that not one Muslim will fail to enter the fires of Hell. What assurance does Allah give you, that you will not burn in Hell.

Joh 3:18-21 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

#1. It is appointed unto man to die. This is an appointment that you LagosShia will keep one day.
#2. And after death, you will face judgment.
#3. Jehovah God who is Holy, Righteous and Just has made known the verdict before hand: All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; The wages of sin is Death.
#4. But in mercy; Jehovah God has made a way by which you will obtain mercy and forgiveness: through the Blood of Jesus, who died on the cross, and rose triumphant from the grave; who will return one day (as even you believe) to judge the whole world. There is no Name given to men under heaven by which we are saved except the Name of Jesus.

Unless you repent and turn to Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins; these words you are quoting from the bible will testify against you on the Day of Judgment.

Again I ask you: what is the certainty, that you have that you will escape the fires of Hell; on what have you based your hope? On Muhammad (a man like you and I, who died just like you will die someday)

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

1 Like

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
aletheia:

^^^What are you going on about. You are already condemned. You are going to Hell. Even your god Allah (Satan) has assured you that not one Muslim will fail to enter the fires of Hell. What assurance does Allah give you, that you will not burn in Hell.

I understand your frustration.i can feel your pain.it is so hard to see the bunch of false prophecies laden in your “holy” book and difficult to accept and come to reality.

I also feel pity at the extent of ignorance in society.my God has not assured me I will enter hell.He said everyone destined for heaven must see (get a view) of the hell fire he has being saved from.not that I will enter hell fire.stop twisting islam.evil people like you offer no good to humanity.your vampire pschycho god does not understand other than blood.infact he doesn’t exist!

Joh 3:18-21 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

#1. It is appointed unto man to die. This is an appointment that you LagosShia will keep one day.
#2. And after death, you will face judgment.
#3. Jehovah God who is Holy, Righteous and Just has made known the verdict before hand: All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; The wages of sin is Death.
#4. But in mercy; Jehovah God has made a way by which you will obtain mercy and forgiveness: through the Blood of Jesus, who died on the cross, and rose triumphant from the grave; who will return one day (as even you believe) to judge the whole world. There is no Name given to men under heaven by which we are saved except the Name of Jesus.

Unless you repent and turn to Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins; these words you are quoting from the bible will testify against you on the Day of Judgment.

Again I ask you: what is the certainty, that you have that you will escape the fires of Hell; on what have you based your hope? On Muhammad (a man like you and I, who died just like you will die someday)

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Blah blah blah.

Face it: the topic of the thread is called:

FALSE PROPHECIES OF THE NEW TESTAMENT (BIBLE).

Your attempt to offer me salvation with a hook and a bunch of "resurrection and crucifixion" lies doesn’t work anymore.that is no mercy and no merciful Jehovah.and those your beliefs symbolise the epitome of injustice.

“original sin”is an imagination and doesn’t exist.

”crucifixion and resurrection” are both fictions and doesn’t exist either.

http://www.jamaat.net/crux/Crux1-5.html

Major Yeats-Brown, in his "Life of a Bengal Lancer", summarises the Christian Doctrine of the Atonement in just a single sentence:
"NO HEATHEN TRIBE HAS CONCEIVED SO GROTESQUE AN IDEA, INVOLVING AS IT DOES THE ASSUMPTION, THAT MAN WAS BORN WITH A HEREDITARY STAIN UPON HIM: AND THAT THIS STAIN (FOR WHICH HE WAS NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE) WAS TO BE ATONED FOR: AND THAT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS HAD TO SACRIFICE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO NEUTRALISE THIS MYSTERIOUS CURSE."

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 19, 2010
newmusic said:

Shaimuslim, where are you from and what was the religion of your parents before you were given birth to?

I am sure you were borne a Muslim so I understand your argument, if you were borne a Christain you will see say the same thing and find fault in Islam.

That is what most people fail to realise. You can speak for Islam till eternity,it is not your fault nor your understanding but pre-destined as a result of being borne into a Muslim family. Just leave Christainity alone and let everybody be, I think Islam they say is religion of peace and love so why the unneccessary arguments.

The fact is you and I, we dont know anything, we are only saying what we read from Bible and Quaran written by some people so many centuries ago before our forefathers even came to this world.

Please stop talking rubbish.

Your forefathers were in this same world when the bible was being written by Jews and the Koran by Arabs, to claim they know God while you don't.

It is YOU who chose to ignore your forefathers' faiths and philosophies and rush to embrace foreign religions.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by aletheia(m): 9:49am On Nov 19, 2010
LagosShia:

I understand your frustration.i can feel your pain.it is so hard to see the bunch of false prophecies laden in your “holy” book and difficult to accept and come to reality.

Frustration? Possibly yes; because I see you turning your back on Life and choosing Damnation. Yet it is not too late. . .do you want a discussion on the Biblical view of sin or just a pointless argument about Islam vs Christianity? I could as well point out passages from your qur'an that I consider to be nonsensical and lies. In virtually all debates I have witnessed here between Muslims and Christians: I do not recall any Muslim ever asking the Christian why he/she believes that Jesus has saved him. Instead we see combative and insultive polemics directed at the Bible and Jesus.

Like I pointed out to you earlier, the soul that sinneth shall die. So the question for all of us on the personal note is: Am I guilty of sin? It's as simple as that. Caviling on and on about "original" sin; does not recuse anyone from answering that question. If one is guilty of sin what then can be done about it?

^Let me state it in personal terms, so that you can apprehend it.
LagosShia has a tendency to sin. Can LagosShia claim that he has never committed evil and thus is sinless? How much sin does LagosShia need not to commit in order to be sinless? The reason you struggle with this is that your concept of God, man and sin is incorrect. The Arabic word for salvation occurs only once in the qur'an and so does the word holy, but this words occur plenty of times in the Bible: this is the core fundamental difference between the message of Jesus and the message of Muhammad. This may be difficult for you to bear seeing as Muslims are usually angry when this is said; but I pray that Jehovah will help you to hear the message.
How do you reconcile Perfect Justice and Perfect Love? Let me state it in another way that you may understand given culinary rules concerning eating pork.
When is a pork sausage not halaal?
When it is 100% made of pork? Is it halaal?
But if only a small part of it is pork? Is it halaal?
Or if only the skin is from a pig? Is it halaal?

The obvious answer is: none of these sausages are halaal. All are haraam. The same can be applied to man. When is a man not acceptable to Perfectly Holy and Just Jehovah God?
When he is a mass murderer? No
When he is an occasional adulterer? No
When he occasionally has an sinful thought? No

At any time - unless the sin, however big or small, is atoned for, a man is unacceptable in the sight of God, because God is too holy and sanctified to behold sin! It is His Love that keeps Him from visiting instant judgment on us Justification for Christians is when the judgment of God is actually executed to punish my sin; when God Himself in Jesus takes our place of punishment to save us from it.

The only One who can reveal this truth to you is God Himself: He made the whole earth and nothing is beyond His Power to accomplish. You yourself can ask Him to show you the truth or otherwise of what i have written.

I leave you with a few quotes from your qur'an which clearly show that all men inherited the consequences of Adam's sin.
If God were to punish men for their wrong-doing, He would not leave, on the (earth), a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: When their Term expires, they would not be able to delay (the punishment) for a single hour, just as they would not be able to anticipate it (for a single hour).
S2.36. Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."
S2.37. Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.
S2.38. We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
^This passage above references the expulsion of Adam from the garden. It expressly shows that Adam’s sin had a negative impact on all future generations of mankind since in Arabic the YOU in both 2:36 and 38 is plural (referring to more than two), as opposed to the dual. We know that the plural in the case of S. 2:38 cannot be referring to Satan since he stands condemned to hell and will not follow the guidance which will come from your god. It is therefore apparent that the plural is addressed to all of mankind, that humanity suffered expulsion due to their federal head, Adam, a point reiterated elsewhere in your Hadiths:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam. 'O Adam! You are our father WHO DISAPPOINTED US AND TURNED US OUT OF PARADISE.' Then Adam said to him, 'O Moses! Allah favored you with His talk (talked to you directly) and He wrote (the Torah) for you with His Own Hand. Do you blame me for action WHICH ALLAH HAD WRITTEN IN MY FATE forty years before my creation?' So Adam confuted Moses, Adam confuted Moses," the Prophet added, repeating the Statement three times. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 77, Number 611)

So both your qur'an and hadith show Adam's descendants suffering the consequences of Adam's sin.

1 Like

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2010
aletheia:

Frustration? Possibly yes; because I see you turning your back on Life and choosing Damnation. Yet it is not too late. . .do you want a discussion on the Biblical view of sin or just a pointless argument about Islam vs Christianity? I could as well point out passages from your qur'an that I consider to be nonsensical and lies. In virtually all debates I have witnessed here between Muslims and Christians: I do not recall any Muslim ever asking the Christian why he/she believes that Jesus has saved him. Instead we see combative and insultive polemics directed at the Bible and Jesus.
Satan wants to save me from fire!
Please I’m begging you to go ahead to point out any verse from the Quran you believe is nonsensical.go ahead.its a challenge.but believe me,you will fail miserable just like your predecessors in disbelief failed.

Like I pointed out to you earlier, the soul that sinneth shall die. So the question for all of us on the personal note is: Am I guilty of sin? It's as simple as that. Caviling on and on about "original" sin; does not recuse anyone from answering that question. If one is guilty of sin what then can be done about it?

Firstly this thread is not about “original sin”.it is about false prophecies in your bible.i have opened another thread on the so called “original sin”,so feel free to contribute there.the tactics I see christians use on this forum is to derail topics by bringing up other topics.in the other threads,the same thing happen.so please discuss “original sin” here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551599.0.html

^Let me state it in personal terms, so that you can apprehend it.
Am not interested because you are going off-topic.we should be discussing the false propheciies in the bible.try to find out who authored them and how they found their way into you “holy” book.you should find out whether the authors were truly or not “inspired”.that is the topic.

LagosShia has a tendency to sin. Can LagosShia claim that he has never committed evil and thus is sinless? How much sin does LagosShia need not to commit in order to be sinless? The reason you struggle with this is that your concept of God, man and sin is incorrect.
Sin is an evil act I commit with full knowledge of it and its consequences.it is only islam that teaches that if I commit a mistake when in a state of forgetfulness or ignorance,God will not hold me accountable.that is the extent of perfect justice and love in islam.but when one is endowed with knowledge and is busy arguing throughout the day on nairaland,and then commits sin deliberate and break the commandments,you will be held accountable.

You’ve brought up another off-topic.stick to the topic:”false prophecies in the new testament (bible).

The Arabic word for salvation occurs only once in the qur'an and so does the word holy, but this words occur plenty of times in the Bible: this is the core fundamental difference between the message of Jesus and the message of Muhammad. This may be difficult for you to bear seeing as Muslims are usually angry when this is said; but I pray that Jehovah will help you to hear the message.
You are a liar.i am sure it is not the Quran you’ve read.you’ve read the lies of some anti-muslim websites.go and read the Quran very well.you don’t miss what you never had.read the Quran and try to understand it,you will see the superiority of the Quran over the bible.

How do you reconcile Perfect Justice and Perfect Love? Let me state it in another way that you may understand given culinary rules concerning eating pork.
When is a pork sausage not halaal?
When it is 100% made of pork? Is it halaal?
But if only a small part of it is pork? Is it halaal?
Or if only the skin is from a pig? Is it halaal?

The obvious answer is: none of these sausages are halaal. All are haraam. The same can be applied to man. When is a man not acceptable to Perfectly Holy and Just Jehovah God?
When he is a mass murderer? No
When he is an occasional adulterer? No
When he occasionally has an sinful thought? No

This is what Jesus said about fulfilling the law and obeying the least commandment.if you want to call him a liar,you’re free.but for to come here and be talking what you don’t know,you should spare us ignorance.aside from that,you should not bother yourself about judging anyone or how to judge,leave that to God.He knows His work and knows those who strive not to sin.the essence of life is not in not committing the sin,but the struggle not to commit it and the struggle to remain on the right path.Here is what Jesus said:

Mathew 5:17-20

The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19[b] Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven,[/b] but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

At any time - unless the sin, however big or small, is atoned for, a man is unacceptable in the sight of God, because God is too holy and sanctified to behold sin! It is His Love that keeps Him from visiting instant judgment on us Justification for Christians is when the judgment of God is actually executed to punish my sin; when God Himself in Jesus takes our place of punishment to save us from it.

An irreasonable and illogical god giving a blank cheque for people to justify their sinful ways and habits.your “blood-thirsty god” has not prevented sin through any blood.that is injustice to punish an innocent man for the sinful men.

Major Yeats-Brown, in his "Life of a Bengal Lancer", summarises the Christian Doctrine of the Atonement in just a single sentence:
"NO HEATHEN TRIBE HAS CONCEIVED SO GROTESQUE AN IDEA, INVOLVING AS IT DOES THE ASSUMPTION, THAT MAN WAS BORN WITH A HEREDITARY STAIN UPON HIM: AND THAT THIS STAIN (FOR WHICH HE WAS NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE) WAS TO BE ATONED FOR: AND THAT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS HAD TO SACRIFICE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO NEUTRALISE THIS MYSTERIOUS CURSE."

http://www.jamaat.net/crux/Crux1-5.html

The only One who can reveal this truth to you is God Himself: He made the whole earth and nothing is beyond His Power to accomplish. You yourself can ask Him to show you the truth or otherwise of what i have written.
Yes only God can show the truth but knowing the truth does not mean you should not use your head and think.stop using empty logic that you think will compel people to accept your fallacies and psychology without thinking.it doesn’t work like that.if you cannot explain how God has revealed the truth,then you are void of the truth.

I leave you with a few quotes from your qur'an which clearly show that all men inherited the consequences of Adam's sin.^This passage above references the expulsion of Adam from the garden. It expressly shows that Adam’s sin had a negative impact on all future generations of mankind since in Arabic the YOU in both 2:36 and 38 is plural (referring to more than two), as opposed to the dual. We know that the plural in the case of S. 2:38 cannot be referring to Satan since he stands condemned to hell and will not follow the guidance which will come from your god. It is therefore apparent that the plural is addressed to all of mankind, that humanity suffered expulsion due to their federal head, Adam, a point reiterated elsewhere in your Hadiths:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam. 'O Adam! You are our father WHO DISAPPOINTED US AND TURNED US OUT OF PARADISE.' Then Adam said to him, 'O Moses! Allah favored you with His talk (talked to you directly) and He wrote (the Torah) for you with His Own Hand. Do you blame me for action WHICH ALLAH HAD WRITTEN IN MY FATE forty years before my creation?' So Adam confuted Moses, Adam confuted Moses," the Prophet added, repeating the Statement three times. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 77, Number 611)

So both your qur'an and hadith show Adam's descendants suffering the consequences of Adam's sin.
The above is a hadith and nowhere in the Quran does it say we inherited sin.there is nothing in islam called “original sin”.the Quran speaks of adam’s stay in the garden and how he was taken out but it does not say we have inherited sin from adam.adam is responsible for himself alone.besides,from the beginning the Quran as does the bible tells us that man was created to inherit the earth and not live in a paradisical garden.the short stay in the garden was for a purpose and man still ended up on earth as he was created to live there.
No where in the above does it say that I will suffer (in hell) because adam sinned or that I inherited his sin and some innocent man (a so called “begotten son” of God) should act as a sacrificial animal to redeem me of that sin.if you like you can fault adam for coming to the earth,but that wasn’t already meant to be.so the hadith above goes contrary to that fact.yet still,the hadith doesn’t talk about “original sin”.stop disgracing yourselves as people who has a defiency in thinking and logic.
[/quote][quote]
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by aletheia(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
(1 John 1:8-10)
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
aletheia:

^^If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
(1 John 1:8-10)

yes,true.thats not the issue.are you suffering from memory loss?it seems you forget the topic and the arguments.the topic of the thread is called "false prophecies of the new testament (bible)".i dont know what use you find in bringing up all your stories and pulling up your preaching games.spare us,am not interested!!!

the issue is i have not inherited adam's sin nor was i born imperfect with a defect called "original sin" as christianity says.i was born pure annd clean and free from sin.this what the Quran says :"no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another".the bible tells us similarly that "the soul that sinneth shall die.the father shall not inherit the iniquity of the son,nor shall the son bear the iniquity of the father"(ezekiel 18)
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by aletheia(m): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^^No sir, the real [/i]issue is your standing with God---and the prophecy pertaining to that. You will do well to consider it.

aletheia:

In any case, [i]here is one prophecy for you:
the very words from the Bible that you quoted will stand against you on the Day of Judgment---unless you repent and turn to Jesus so that your sins may be forgiven.

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2010
aletheia:

^^^No sir, the [i]real [/i]issue is your standing with God---and the prophecy pertaining to that. You will do well to consider it.

if you believe the new testament was "inspired" by God,let me tell you this:

am so sorry because i dont believe in a god that makes false prophecies and issues lies.my God knows the past,present and the future and has all the knowledge of the unseen.your god doesnt know what happens next!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by CaptCavey(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
Islam is just like any other earthly religion whereby humans do their all best,struggling within themselves to please the creator. The five pillar of islam is just a ruse;and a sham labour that can not take you anywhere. God is offering you the way to himself,instead you say you have another idea which is islam. Why confuse yourself? God is not a confusionist. And i hope you know that the so called man-inspired quran soly rely on bible refrences before it can make meanings. It is very common to see islamic teachers and scholars using the bible to validate the authenticity of the quran;and to ensure better understanding of the creator and his purposes . I av not seen christians do same. Maybe because the bible is truly inspired by God.

The muslims just believe thus: fast and be sober during ramadam,and you can go back to your former ways after the so called "holy month."
Go to mecca for hajj ,pace round the kabal,get a golden tooth, and throw stone at shaitan.
Bow down murmuring five times every day and pay your zakat;and aljannah is sure.

Poster: my advice to you is not to keep so much beard,cus the lake of fire in hell is so great that it will consume it even a million miles away. Muhamad is a witness to this fact!

1 Like

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
Capt. Cavey:

Islam is just like any other earthly religion whereby humans do their all best,struggling within themselves to please the creator. The five pillar of islam is just a ruse;and a sham labour that can not take you anywhere. God is offering you the way to himself,instead you say you have another idea which is islam. Why confuse yourself? God is not a confusionist. And i hope you know that the so called man-inspired quran soly rely on bible refrences before it can make meanings. It is very common to see islamic teachers and scholars using the bible to validate the authenticity of the quran;and to ensure better understanding of the creator and his purposes . I av not seen christians do same. Maybe because the bible is truly inspired by God.

The muslims just believe thus: fast and be sober during ramadam,and you can go back to your former ways after the so called "holy month."
Go to mecca for hajj ,pace round the kabal,get a golden tooth, and throw stone at shaitan.
Bow down murmuring five times every day and pay your zakat;and aljannah is sure.

Poster: my advice to you is not to keep so much beard,cus the lake of fire in hell is so great that it will consume it even a million miles away. Muhamad is a witness to this fact!

Ok Sir!

"Quran is copied from the bible"dont you have something new to bring up?yet the Quran surpasses the bible in excellence and beauty and truth.empty words nor dey sell market!!!face your reality and fake prophecies that your bible present.the evidence is under your own eyes for examination.read the opening post of the thread.you may be among the fortunate ones to see the truth and have the courage to follow it.insults is evidence of frustration and failure.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by aletheia(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
LagosShia:

i dont believe in a god that makes false prophecies and issues lies.

Allah lied when he said the gate that Dhul Qarnayn built will contain the Hordes of Gog and Magog till just before the Last Day. If that was true we would see the gate extant today but by your own admission: The gate is no longer there.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2010
aletheia:

Allah lied when he said the gate that Dhul Qarnayn built will contain the Hordes of Gog and Magog till just before the Last Day. If that was true we would see the gate extant today but by your own admission: The gate is no longer there.

please can you do us a favor and post the verses you are refering to.that will help us identify where "Allah lied".

thanks.

i can understanding the shock this thread have instilled into your bones.but dont think you can do the same with the Quran because the Quran and the bible are not equal.you can never find anything wrong with the Quran.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by seyibrown(f): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
Mark 16:16-20
16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

According to the above,anyone who “believes” can do the following:
1.)   Drive out demons
2.)   Speak in tongues
3.)   Pick up snakes with their hands
4.)   Drink poison and will not get hurt
5.)   Heal people

Ok.we’ve heard people claim so many things,but i have not seen #3 and #4 nor have anyone who “believe” claimed that.the last time a pastor entered a lion’s cage,he was tore apart.

You admit that 3 of the above happen; I am certain that all 5 happen but let us for the sake of your unbelief agree that 3 out of 5 ain't bad. Paul was bitten by a snake but he was not harmed; I know of a friend who was poisoned but did not die. Can we make that 5 out of 5?

Matthew 24:29-35

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Ok, its more than 2000 years and we are still waiting for those stated above to happen.still waiting and the evangelist is still intimidating people that the hour is at hand and they will be doomed with outdated unfulfilled prophecies!

Mark 13:30-31
30Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 31Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Ok, ”these generations” have long pass.

[b]A thousand years is like a day before God. Humans are 'in time'; God is not. There are other prophecies that are linked to this prophecy and they are coming to pass. I will interpret that verse as 'THIS EARTH/GENERATION OF PEOPLE WILL NOT COME TO AN END till all these things be fulfilled'. That is what we Christians already know that when those things mentioned in verse 29 happen, then verse 30 and 31 will follow. Plainly, THIS EARTH WILL NOT PASS AWAY UNTIL JESUS FIRST COMES BACK; and this is in connection with the scriptures below, which were written before Jesus was born.

Isaiah 65:17 (King James Version)
17For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isaiah 66:22 (King James Version)

22For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Considering that Muslims always point us to the OT as being more authentic that the NT, Let us conclude that Jesus repeated/confirmed what was already prophesied in the OT. As he confirmed the passing away of the earth which was already prophesied under the Old dispensation (Law Covenant), he did not lie. He only revealed what was hidden in the OT.

We need to take the following scripture into account when considering prophecies concerning the 'last days', 'the earth passing away' etc.

Matthew 24:14 (King James Version)
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The gospel will be preached everywhere in the world so that in every place the message of Christ would been preached and made available, giving them the opportunity to choose to accept Christ. The gospel needs to be preached everywhere and missionaries are working on it but there is still a lot of ground to cover. EVERY PLACE/PEOPLE/NATION ON EARTH WILL HAVE THE MESSAGE OF CHRIST BROUGHT TO THEM as in Matthew 24: 14 before Matthew 24:29 happens.[/b]

Don't be in a hurry about the prophecies. He prophesied that wickedness will abound and that the love of many will grow cold (Matthew 24:12). It is happening. Unthinkable things are happening and disgusting things are being legalized. Many hoard out of greed while others lack. Upon the emergence of the anti-christ (fake peace-maker), maybe you will reconsider this matter of Jesus prophecies!

Matthew 16:27-28
27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Ok, ”some standing here” have rotten in their graves!

Mark 9:1

1And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Na lie!!!all of dem done die!!!lol

Luke 9:27
27But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

All of them are died and gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b]THE KINGDOM OF GOD

John 18:36 (New King James Version)
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

Jesus was saying the above to Pilate in answer to questions about his Kingship. We see that he makes it clear that his kingdom is not of this world - earthly government. He is talking about a SPIRTUAL KINGDOM THAT IS NOT SET UP BY MAN but by God.

Luke 17:20-21 (Amplified Bible)
20Asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He replied to them by saying, The kingdom of God does not come with signs to be observed or with visible display,
21Nor will people say, Look! Here [it is]! or, See, [it is] there! For behold, the kingdom of God is within you [in your hearts] and among you [surrounding you].

I understand from this scripture that it is not possible to follow signs to the very last minute of the Kingdom of God coming(We all know how to throw a party when mum and dad are not around and then tidy up before they come back and pretend to have been studying all day because we know when they'll be back! grin). The coming of the Son of Man will be unexpected, so we ought to 'be prepared' (like the 'Boy Scouts' grin). The spiritual manifestation of the Kingdom of God is already with us! Children of God feel his love, joy and peace in their hearts despite all the wickedness around us; and those who are not of the kingdom of God are enjoying the 'rewards' of their master as we speak! The kingdom of God is here and we know it in our spirits. Jesus was correct when he said many of them will not see/taste death till they see (know/experience) the kingdom of God because he was talking about a 'spiritual experience' that will affect the 'physical'. e.g the peace of God.

To explain further, Jesus said in Matthew:

Matthew 23:13 (Amplified Bible)
13But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces; for you neither enter yourselves, nor do you allow those who are about to go in to do so.

If you read the whole of Chapter 23, you will get the whole picture but in short, he was saying that the Scribes and the Pharisees were preventing people from entering the Kingdom of God. What the Pharisees were doing was that they practiced 'righteousness for show' and they burdened the people with so much requirements than was necessary. They burdened the people with 'religion' and prevented them from having a 'relationship' with God(Read parable of the Widow's mite, the Rich man and the poor sinner).  It is the RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THAT BRINGS YOU INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD, not rules like 'DON'T EAT PORK, DON'T SWING A CAT, SLEEP WITH YOUR WIFE ONLY ONCE A YEAR, CARRY YOUR SUNDAY OFFERING ON YOUR HEAD IN A 'GHANA MUST GO BAG', YOU MUST VISIT JERUSALEM EVERY YEAR IF YOU WANT TO GET TO HEAVEN, PAINT YOU FACE PALE WHITE WHEN YOU ARE FASTING etc. All those rules are not necessary to have a RELATIONSHIP with the father. WORSHIP, not RELIGION is what gives you access to the father. Once that relationship brings you into the kingdom of God, you can create a 'special bond' by making a vow and keeping it e.g. Food fast, intimacy fast, interceeding for others etc. The Kingdom of God comes from a SPIRITUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

To have a relationship with the Father (the kingdom of God within us), We need to be like 'LITTLE CHILDREN' before GOD. See below:

Matthew 18:3 (Amplified Bible)
3And said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all].

I will say from the above that some of the signs of the the kingdom of God within us are: trusting God, humility, loving God and our neighbours, and being a forgiving person.

More evidence(signs) of the kingdom of God in our lives can be found in Galatians:

Galatians 5:22-23 (Amplified Bible)
22But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness,
23Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].

The KINGDOM OF GOD IS DEFINITELY HERE IN OUR SPIRITS AND IN OUR MIDST (Luke 17:21) because many christians have the signs of the kingdom in their lives. Taking Nigerian governments as an example, some people will say they benefitted from a particular governor's government and others will say they didn't. Those who benefitted had a 'CONNECTION' with that government! If you do not connect with the father, you will miss out on the 'KINGDOM CAKE'. THE INVITATION IS NOT BASED ON TRIBES OR RELIGION, IT IS OPEN TO ALL THROUGH JESUS CHRIST(I am saying here  that true Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with God).

Given the explanation of the 'Kingdom of God' as above QUOTING JESUS OTEHR TEACHINGS, I hope it is clearer to you how those people Jesus referred to DID SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD BEFORE THEY TASTED DEATH. We don dey chop the kingdom of God as he dey now; we go chop am big time wen Jesus come back!  grin

INTERPRETING BIBLE VERSES INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT REFERENCE TO CONTEXT AND WITHOUT REVERENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT LEADS TO LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. (The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom).
[/b]

John’s Predictions:

Revelation 1:1-3

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

At whose hand?

1 John 2:18
18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, .even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time

[b]'For the time is at HAND' means 'The time is near'.  If you read and connect the three verses,  the message here is about 'prophecies' that should be read, accepted, kept and will come to pass. The next logical question will be 'when will these prophecies come to pass? The answer is in the same text: 'FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND' which is equal to 'FOR THE TIME IS NEAR'.

I can only guess that you want some explantion on 'antichrist' as you did not really ask a particular question. The 'anti-christ' is the 'prince of this world' as predicted by Jesus. The 'antichrist' is sometimes used to refer to 'the spirit of the anti-christ' or 'a manifestation of the spirit of the anti-christ'. Whatever context in which it is used, it usually refers to a person/body/organisation that is influenced/controlled by the spirit of the antichrist to speak against the messiahship of christ. Those under these influence will generally persecute christians The Spirit of the anti-christ is 'the prince of this world' and that is the Devil.  As we have many persecuting christians today, so did others too during the time of the apostles. The persecution of christians is a sign that the 'last time' (the end) is near. We don't know when exactly but things happening around us will give us a clue. The 'fake peace-maker'(the embodiment of the antichrist) is coming to 'really' persecute those who follow Christ. The eagles are gathering  . . . .

The matter of the anti-christ requires an indepth understanding of teh Bible (with the help of the Holy Spirit) . It is 'meat' not 'milk'.  grin[/b]

Paul’s Predictions:

Hebrews 10:37

37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

among all the false prophecies cited,the ones of paul are the ones that express the hope for everlasting life and the fear of death the most.lets see further!

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:49-55
49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, and then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.  55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

In the above,Paul said he would be catch up with others in the cloud and meet the Lord in the air.in other words,he will be flying!!!the christian imaginative belief in the Rapture is from these verses of false and unfulfilled prophecies that failed expectation.paul predicted in the above that:

1.)   The Lord will decend
2.)   The voice of the archangel
3.)   The dead will rise first
4.)   Those of them alive will not die
5.)   They will follow those who rose from the dead and catch up with them in the clouds
6.)   They will meet their lord in the air
7.)   And they shall ever be with the lord and he will never die.
If one examines the Last Testament of God,the Holy Quran,you will find it clearly stated that “every soul shall have the taste of death”.
Every soul shall have a taste of death: in the end to Us shall ye be brought back. (Holy Quran 29:57)
Truly thou wilt die (one day), and truly they (too) will die (one day). (Holy Quran 39:30)

but here in the new testament we have the fake prophet paul,who distorted the teachings of Jesus by adding his own ideas wishing that he will never die!!!fear of death!!!

I can hardly believe that someone like paul can just be believed and taken seriously with no examination while christians even go as far as lying to condemn islam and its Prophet.about 3 quarters of the books of the new testament were written by Paul,a fake prophet!!!!look at paul’s contradictory words:

Paul and the other apostles knew that Christ would be coming when they least expect. You somehow forgot to really read what 'WE SHALL NOT ALL' means. It means 'NOT ALL OF US'. Paul, was saying 'NOT ALL OF US WILL DIE A PHYSICAL DEATH' but we will all be transformed into a 'body' that is capable of living in the New kingdom. He did not say 'I , PAUL WILL NOT DIE' or 'I, PAUL WILL BE CHANGED'.

Paul also did not fear to die for the Lord;

Acts 21:13 (Amplified Bible)
13Then Paul replied, What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart like this? For I hold myself in readiness not only to be arrested and bound and imprisoned at Jerusalem, but also [even] to die for the name of the Lord Jesus.

Paul had been through many things; Prison, beatings, Snake-bite, shipwreck etc. He knew that he had to be faithful till the end, that is, his death or the coming of Christ, whichever came first. It is the same for us christians today.

QUESTIONS ON ALLAH'S PLAN

Given your familiarity with the 'RAPTURE DRILL'  grin, and your disbelief of the prophecy that we will not all die but some will be taken up. Could you please in the manner of the RAPTURE PLAN, list first, and then explain if necessary, Allah's Judgement/resurrection Plan? How does Allah plan to get everybody to judgement? Is it judgement on death? Will he wait till everybody dies off the surface of the earth? Will he wipe out all living things in one day so as to judge us all at the same time? Will he send a flood, fire, earthquake, disease or 'mass thunder-strike',  to make sure everybody dies at once? Did he give an indication of what time 'the end' will be? Any signs to look out for? Will he come down to earth, or take us all up to heaven? PLEASE EXPLAIN ALLAH'S RESSURECTION /JUDGEMENT PLAN. Thanks in advance of a civil reply.

ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED BY GOD

2 Timothy 3:16
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

According to the same Paul,not all scripture is from God.Some are personal contributions:

1 Corinthians 7:6
6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

Does God give man the permission to make false prophecies and utter commands contrary to His will?

1 Corinthians 7:12
12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

Did Paul ask the Lord about the above issue? Or does the Lord compromise with His law? or is Paul allowed to go contrary to what the Lord  says and issue wrong opinions and not facts obligatory to abide by?

[b]Paul clearly indicated where he was giving ADVICE not STATING A COMMANDMENT FROM GOD! It therefore makes sense THAT WHERE HE DID NOT INDICATE THAT HE WAS OFFERING ADVICE, HE WAS SPEAKING FROM REVELATION! It does not make sense to CONSIDER EVERYTHING THAT PAUL SAID AS OF HIS OWN SINCE HE WAS CLEARLY HONEST STATING WHERE THE CASE WAS SO!

On Corinthians 7:12, Paul was advising that if a christian has a non-christian wife who is happy to stay, he should not divorce her for being a muslim or a bhuddist. He was giving guidance bearing in mind that GOD HATES DIVORCE and that sending leaving your wife or your husband(who is not complaining about your religion) because of their religion falls short of the commandment THOU SHALT LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF, and DO NOT DEAL TREACHEROUSLY WITH THE WIFE OF YOUR YOUTH. His advice was in line with GOD'S COMMANDMENTS. Not everybody is spiritually deep enough to understand the things of God and it would be right for those who have understanding to guide them in the right path.[/b]

Paul did not say anything contrary to God's commandments. Advice is different from Prophecy but both can come from the same source where the adviser is in tune with the 'source of his prophecy', and lives and abides by the commandments God.

If Paul had said 'KILL YOUR WIFE IF SHE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN FOR THE HONOUR OF GOD'; BEAT YOUR NON-CHRISTIAN WIFE EVERYDAY UNTIL SHE CONVERTS TO CHRISTIANITY, ABSTAIN FROM YOUR WIFE'S BED UNTIL SHE DENOUNCES HER RELIGION or 'KILL YOUR WIFE IF SHE BECOMES A MUSLIM EVEN IF SHE DOES NOT MIND THAT YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN'. It would be clear to all that he is a liar as that advice is not in tune with God's commandments at all! PAUL GAVE ADVICE THAT WAS IN LINE WITH GOD'S COMMANDMENT AND MADE IT CLEAR TO US THAT HE WAS GIVING GUIDANCE (and we can say he was influenced by the spirit of God because a child of God will do things in a godly way).

Text in red in last paragraph added at 1011Hrs GMT on 20/11/10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by CaptCavey(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
Lagoshia: All your claims is either you don't understand or misconstrue the verses you quoted above,or you can't comprehend its misery. All the prophecies of the old testaments  literally been fulfiled already. And most part of the new testament same. But mind you,there is alot to come. Don't be in a hurry. A thousand years is like a day to God;and a day is like a thousand years to him.
The question is,where would you be after all is said and done? The bible is not like the quran that has no vision or prophecy of what to come. The bible is a guide. I just pity you and your boko haram brothers,for you're just sailing in a trouble water without a compass. No revelations of things to come in the quran.
How blinded you are.

And i thought so you wouldn't argue muslims most of the time rely on the bible for indepth understanding of God and things to come.
All the account of the past;and the prophecies of things to come can only be found inside the bible. Even the quran was partly carved from it,of course with some gingered perversions.

There is no other book, in the history of humanity,that has touched the lives of people;and has spoken the mind of God like the bible. It is the only book that talks about the past,the present;and the miseries of the future. That's why is the most widely distributed,even among muslims,budist,athiest and scholars;even though is the only book that's been subjected to massive destructions,and yet still stands.

2 Likes

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2010
Holy Quran 9:30

And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

Capt. Cavey:

Lagoshia: All your claims is either you don't understand or misconstrue the verses you quoted above,or you can't comprehend its misery.
indeed!am not in need of their misery.you really used the right word:"misery".i do not want a share of misery or to follow a miserable book.may Allah keep me far away from that misery of yours!!!

All the prophecies of the old testaments  literarilly been fulfiled already. And most part of the new testament same. But mind you,there is alot to come. Don't be in a hurry.

if the old testament have being fulfilled,the jews still do not accept your Jesus.why is that?your new testament is infested with time bound prophecies that never came to pass.and you're still talking?if i were in your place,i would get hold of a thick blanket and cover my head with it everywhere i go.

A thousand days is like a day to God;and a day is like a thousand days to him.
you rightly said to God!not to men who expected things to unfold in their own lifetime.not to men (paul) who thought they will never die rather they would be flying in the air to meet the lord.non of those took place.read the prophecies in the thread opener.these are not my words.they are found in your book.

The question is,where would you be after all is said and done?
this your question reminds me of a story about satan.when it was announced to the angels that a servant of God would fall from favor and sin and disobey God,the angels were terrified and full of fear.they did not wish for that to befall them.the reply of the arrogant satan was:dont be afraid and dont worry.i will pray for you all".he ended up being the miserable one!

dont be worried about me,ok?everyone will carry his own burden.i pray that i will be in the company of Muhammad and his holy family.

The bible is not like the quran that has no vision or prophecy of what to come. The bible is a guide. I just pity you and your boko haram brothers,for you're just sailing in a troubled water without a compass. No revelations of things to come in the quran.
How blinded you are, for you are a muslim.
you are short-sighted,or rather blind!
you dont know what is in the Quran.the Quran contains news from the past,guidance for the present and revelation of the future.the bible is no guide.the bible is a book full of pornographic portraits.the bible describes the men of God you are taught to emulate as adulterers,incestous,and fornicators.it describes God in funny ways like a rider,etc.it portrays God as a murderous and blood-thirsty God who would call for the execution/genocide of even babies,but only virgins are spared by his "salvation army".

the Quran has over a dozen prophecies that have come to pass and we still await more,like the day when the oppressed will inherit the earth,and when Jesus will return and when the trumpet will be blown,etc.would you still claim the Quran has no vision?or have you lost your eye sight?you need a doctor perhaps!

And i thought so you wouldn't argue muslims most of the time rely on the bible for indepth understanding of God and things to come.
All the account of the past;and the prophecies of things to come can only be found inside the bible. Even the quran was partly carved from it,of course with some gingered perversions.
Holy Quran 2:111

And they say, "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." These are their own desires. Say to them (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ), "Produce your proof if you are truthful."

i will also say to you:"produce your proof if you are truthful"!!!

There is no other book, in the history of humanity,that has touched the lives of people;and has spoken the mind of God like the bible. It is the only book that talks about the past,the present;and the miseries of the future. That's why is the most widely distributed,even among muslims,budist,athiest and scholars;even though is the only book that's been subjected to massive destructions,and yet still stands.

Its the only source of wisdom the world has never known, and will never know.   

subjected to massive destruction?by who?we have being telling you that for centuries.we have being telling you that for centuries that you(christians and jews) have wrecked havoc with the word of God.the Quran has said that before anyone started to search for errors,contradictions and signs of the destruction you are talking about.how can we accept absolutely a book that has being subjected to destruction?do you want us to be destroyed?

Holy Quran 2:79

So woe to those (Jews and Christians) who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents / The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy / Does Watching A Church's Online Service Means You Have Attended Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.