Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos (5835 Views)

Shipping From Turkey To Nigeria / Shipping From China To Nigeria / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by GinaUkey(f): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any info on reliable shipping companies based in the USA that ships stuff to Lagos?

I've been using FedEx to send my family things but stuff is always missing once my family gets the package. Even though i fill out the international shipping form and write everything that's in the package word for word, there's always stuff missing. FedEx is saying that it's customs in Lagos that is opening the package and taking stuff out and then resealing the package again before handing it over to my family. Also i pay extra for the stuff to be shipped directly to my home in Lagos and i also pay extra for my family to receive the goods. However not only does FedEx call my family members to come and pick up the items themselves they also charge them a fee to release the goods to them.

Can someone please give me info on any other reliable shipping companies? I've tried DHL but they are way too pricey. It's very frustrating not being able to send stuff home to my younger ones.

Any info would be well appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by enyhss(m): 11:10am On Nov 14, 2010
Based on my experience, there are lots of Nigerians that are into Air cargo services.I'm pretty sure there might be one in, or close to the city you reside in.I know a few of those in Chicago, Atlanta & Houston metropolitan areas. I

They usually deliver in 3-5 business days, and rates ranges from $3.00 - $4.50/lb in most cases. Some usually would charge an extra fee (5-10 thousand Naira) at the destination point; mainly for pick-up or whatever. I believe they are all duly licensed Cargo Agents in United States.

But trust me, this is way better than any other means to the best of my knowledge. I wouldn't want to go the route of Fedex or UPS or some websites for that matter.If you think this sounds like something you would like,let me know.
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by KunleA2(m): 11:37am On Nov 14, 2010
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by GinaUkey(f): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2010
enyhss:

Based on my experience, there are lots of Nigerians that are into Air cargo services.I'm pretty sure there might be one in, or close to the city you reside in.I know a few of those in Chicago, Atlanta & Houston metropolitan areas. I

They usually deliver in 3-5 business days, and rates ranges from $3.00 - $4.50/lb in most cases. Some usually would charge an extra fee (5-10 thousand Naira) at the destination point; mainly for pick-up or whatever. I believe they are all duly licensed Cargo Agents in United States.

But trust me, this is way better than any other means to the best of my knowledge. I wouldn't want to go the route of Fedex or UPS or some websites for that matter.If you think this sounds like something you would like,let me know.

Hey Enyhss,

I'm interested. Can you please tell us the name of these companies. I'm sure there are others who need this information also.

Thanks
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by enyhss(m): 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2010
I believe you reside in Georgia & I think these two Air Freighters would come handy for you.

1.Lapal shipping svcs. phone# 678 508 8575. This one is located at Snellville in Gwinnett county.

2. Global Inc. phone # 770 256 2100 .The office is @ some place in Riverdale, Ga in Clayton county.

I do not have the physical address of these companies but you can call the phone #'s & take it from there. By the way, these shippers' rate is $3.50/lb & you do not have to pay any fee in Lagos.

P.S . I do not have any stake in these two companies, other than the fact that I, or some people known to me have made use of their services in the past. I encourage you to do the due diligence before you make your final decision.

By the way, do you operate a restaurant in Atlanta? I come to Atl. often & I wouldn't mind hoppin in once in a while. I know 9ja restaurants are in short supply in Atl unlike Chicago. You can post the address here if you do.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by perebobo(m): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2010
Hello Gina Ukey,

Please we are happy and confident to offer our freight services to you. Kindly let me what you will be shipping. You can also instruct your suppliers to drop ship direct to our warehouse. Our TSA approval number is NE1007012. We also offer free shrink wrapping.

Regards,
Pere Tiemo
Logistics Manager
Global Trade Solutions
441 Hyde Park Avenue Suite 4
Boston MA 02131
Tel. +1 774-218-4256
Fax. +1 617-500-9930
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by GinaUkey(f): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2010
perebobo:

Hello Gina Ukey,

Please we are happy and confident to offer our freight services to you. Kindly let me what you will be shipping. You can also instruct your suppliers to drop ship direct to our warehouse. Our TSA approval number is NE1007012. We also offer free shrink wrapping.

Regards,
Pere Tiemo
Logistics Manager
Global Trade Solutions
Boston MA 02131
Tel. +1 774-218-4256
Fax. +1 617-500-9930

Hi Perebobo,

Thanks for the info but i live in GA and would really prefer a freight service in my state of residence. Thanks though for the info.
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by perebobo(m): 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2010
Hello Gina-Ukey,

No problem. Ensure whoever you use in GA is TSA approved to tender cargo on passenger and all cargo aircrafts as well. You should ask for their TSA cert to be safe. Also avoid shipping printer ink catridges as they raise alot of red flags these days - you can discuss with your shipper. If your goods are over $2500 ensure your shipper declares them electronically through the online U.S Customs filing system. Also ask for his warehouse address in Lagos, Abuja or where ever you will be shipping to - to ensure your goods are protected until your consignee picks up.

Even if we cannot ship for you, we can answer any questions you have.

Goodluck.

Regards,
Pere Tiemo
Logistics Manager
Global Trade Solutions
Boston MA 02131
Tel.  +1 774-218-4256
Fax. +1 617-500-9930
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by dejia(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hi Perebobo,

I have some goods in Providence in RI that i need to send to Nigeria and others to SA.

What do you charge per pound/ or kg? How many days does it take?
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by perebobo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hello Dejia,

Air Freight Rates to Africa start at $3.60 per pound. It takes 5 to 10 business days guaranteed. Rate covers shipping and clearing at destination port. In your case Lagos and J'Borg. Dejia what will you like to ship and how can we help you? Can you give us your business?

Regards,
Pere Tiemo
Logistics Manager
Global Trade Solutions
441 Hyde Park Avenue
Boston MA 02131
pere.tiemo@gtradesolutions.com
Tel. +1 774-218-4256
Fax. +1 617-500-9930
Re: HELP!!! Shipping From USA To Lagos by subscriptions: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Heroshe is a logistics company located in Texas, United States of America that serves Nigeria exclusively. We ship from the US to Nigeria at just $5 per pound and ship to anywhere within Nigeria within 8 to 10 days from when shopped items are delivered to our warehouse.

With Heroshe, you get a free US address for all your shopping, insightful information about shopping deals and safety tips to guide you in your online shopping experience. Also, we do not charge extra fees for custom duties and insurance. The $5 fee covers everything! Visit our website for more details on stress-free shopping from the US to Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Used 2008 Honda Accord @ Give Away Price / Where Can I Find A Notary Public In Lagos? / Get A Free POS For Your Business With Opay Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.