Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? (3028 Views)

Nairaland: A Blessing Or A Curse To Bloggers? / Fine-tuning The New Nairaland: A Programmer’s Perspective / I Need A Credible Partner In This Multimillion Naira Website Deal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by slim49z(m): 12:24am On Nov 14, 2010
I was doing a research on "Nairaland Forum" to see how much traffic it receives daily and guess what I stumbled upon? Here it is! From websiteoutlook.com.

"nairaland.com has 1911 traffic rank in world by alexa. nairaland.com is getting 575614 pageviews per day and making USD 1729.08 daily. nairaland.com has 466181 backlinks according to yahoo and listed in Dmoz directory. nairaland.com is hosted in United States at Limestone Networks data center. nairaland.com is most populer in NIGERIA. Estimeted worth of nairaland.com is USD 1.26 Million according to websiteoutlook"

Now, what do you guy think? You know, I never knew nairaland could be worth this much. Am already wishing I am the owner of nairaland, lol,  grin
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by denitro(m): 12:39am On Nov 14, 2010
Your analysis is not accurate
I own a website linked to google adsense
The total amount I have earned with my google adsense account is what is
listed in websiteoutlook.com as my daily earnings and my total pageviews as as
pageviews per day.
So in essence
nairaland has made a total of $1729.08 from google adsense
and is not daily making $1729.08
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Brownteeth(m): 1:53am On Nov 14, 2010
denitro thanks for throwing more light. I for dey shout now cos I cant just imgine the admin of this site making that kind of cash daily.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Dsense(m): 1:58am On Nov 14, 2010
slim49z:

I was doing a research on "Nairaland Forum" to see how much traffic it receives daily and guess what I stumbled upon? Here it is! From websiteoutlook.com.

"nairaland.com has 1911 traffic rank in world by alexa. nairaland.com is getting 575614 pageviews per day and making USD 1729.08 daily. nairaland.com has 466181 backlinks according to yahoo and listed in Dmoz directory. nairaland.com is hosted in United States at Limestone Networks data center. nairaland.com is most populer in NIGERIA. Estimeted worth of nairaland.com is USD 1.26 Million according to websiteoutlook"

Now, what do you guy think? You know, I never knew nairaland could be worth this much. Am already wishing I am the owner of nairaland, lol,  grin
Let Seun catch u. tongue
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by slim49z(m): 5:21am On Nov 14, 2010
@denitro,

If I am wrong about the adsense daily earnings, what about the estimated worth of $1.26 million huh? Again, its not my assumption. Just what I found. But am beginning to believe Nairaland is worth that much, hehe,
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by MaiSuya(m): 12:58am On Nov 15, 2010
NA wa o! So Seun could be really worth that much?
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by slim49z(m): 4:26am On Nov 15, 2010
Mai Suya:

NA wa o! So Seun could be really worth that much?

Maybe we should subpoena Seun and ask him grin
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by denitro(m): 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2010
slim49z:

@denitro,

If I am wrong about the adsense daily earnings, what about the estimated worth of $1.26 million huh? Again, its not my assumption. Just what I found. But am beginning to believe Nairaland is worth that much, hehe,

YES

Based on nairaland volume of traffic, it can be owned $1.26 million
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Zaynee63: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2010
well, i knw sum1 in Ota must rolln on d floor in laffta ritenow over ds tread,
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by slim49z(m): 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2010
Zaynee63:

well, i knw sum1 in Ota must rolln on d floor in laffta ritenow over ds tread,

And why will he be doing that?
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 18, 2010
Hmmm, jealousy.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by consultmartins(m): 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2010
Na you sabi
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Phate07(m): 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2010
undecided
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by amerika: 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
Speaking from experience, I think Nairaland is actually making more than that ($1729.08). I am a webmaster that works for a giant webmaster corporation in Seattle. I know pretty well how Google Adsense works and since we help support most of our clients’ website (website optimization and Google Adsense functionality for better earning) I think I pretty know how Google adsense works.

Website outlook does not displays the correct earning of each website, it shows something around 45-65% earning and putting that in perspective I think Nairaland monthly earning (via Google Adsense) is somewhere around $2800 - $3500 if not more.

Converting this monthly amount to naira…you all know the rest (and since seun is not living in the states) dude is not even paying taxes and if you multiply that by 12…I think Seun could become a self made multi-millionaire (if not already) in few yrs time
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Ecash1: 11:40am On Apr 15, 2011
Seun is a lucky guy.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by brinebaba(m): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2011
E cash:

Seun is a lucky guy.

u think so?

denitro:

Your analysis is not accurate
I own a website linked to google adsense
The total amount I have earned with my google adsense account is what is
listed in websiteoutlook.com as my daily earnings and my total pageviews as as
pageviews per day.
So in essence
nairaland has made a total of $1729.08 from google adsense
and is not daily making $1729.08

the truth is just that,on an average,Nland makes more than that per day and its really worth more than that !
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by oyadashme: 11:59am On Apr 16, 2011
Nairaland.com is easily worth more than USD 1M,

As the internet revolution kicks in the valuation of the company will increase - potentially 10 times over.

The question is will Seun - cash out at the right time?
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by alexSeoTM(m): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
you guys are not serious nairaland wont go for anything more than 300,000 usd on flippa

and i dont think this sites owner is making more than 3000 usd a month (considering his ad placement style-just two banner ads) but he can be making more if he wants to,
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by NumberOne2(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
NL is probably most popular Nigerian site. Its more popular than most news paper sites. So why cant it make 1,000 dollars or more a day?

If one click is USD0.01 (which is the minimum) and 100,000 folks click on NL. Isn't that USD1,000? We all know that NL's traffic in a day is over 20 million to be modest.

If you are a blogger and you know your site traffic and revenue, then use the same formula and do the math for NL. Search google top 10 traffic channels for Nigeria and see if NL isn't number 1.

NL started at a time when most of us didn't know jack about the internet. Nice job Seun for the foresight. A true Nigerian entrepreneur.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by surveycash(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2011
All that na hearsay, the owner, Seun Osewa said Nairaland is worth N25b.

To me Seun is more of a technician than an entrepreneur. If I own NL, I'll be making @least N1m/month off it,
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 14, 2011
Everyone and their own,
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by utimatedes(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2011
If he want to sell Nairaland on Flippa, I don't see anyone pricing above $100,000!

I have been earning with adsense and have good experiences with adsense. You see, less than 10% of your visitors a day will click on your ads.

Out of that percentages, some of the clicks are invalid, some are low paying (0.01/click).

I was wondering why I was earning low despite the clicks, high traffics among other metrics, I carried researches and discovered that traffic source, location, contents etc maters a lot.

With Google new feature, I was able to monitor where clicks where coming from, which country click on my ads and the earning.

Traffics from US and Canada are gold! UK and other European countries are also great!
While traffics from Asian Countries, Africans, South Americans are not really encouraging. Some countries like South Africa, UAE, Saudi among some developing countries are little bit okay.

India is rubbish! Nigeria and Ghana not really encouraging! Other West Africa unacceptable!

Some blogging on finance will earning more than 300% than someone with Jobs Vacancies.

These discoveries help me to earn more than before by doing what works and do away with those things that does not work.

Over 65% of Nairaland traffics are from Nigeria. With that, earning much as $1000/day is not realistic.

If Seun said he earns less than $150 a day, I won't argue with him.

If Seun was earning as much as $1000, he won't be the head and the tail as he is doing right now. He should have brought in helping hands on salary basics.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by deco2come: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
Can someone explain this adsense to me? I thought that you can only earn when someone click on the adsense link. Can you also earn when someone just visit your website without clicking on the adsense.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by chillaz(f): 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2011
deco2come:

Can someone explain this adsense to me? I thought that you can only earn when someone click on the adsense link. Can you also earn when someone just visit your website without clicking on the adsense.
No, you cnt earn if your ads are nt clicked. Even if millions visit your site everyday without clicking,you wnt earn one kobo. But make sure you dnt click your ad oh.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by NET1(m): 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
Seun must be a rich man by now, smiley

.NET
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Thatdave(m): 7:30am On Mar 07, 2012
making about N300,000 a month and having about ten moderators as staff doesnt make you a rich man.
The google adsense stuff, how many times do you even click it per year?
Seun has to find some new means of earning on nairaland.
Re: Nairaland - A Multimillion Dollar Company? by Peterson1993(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
hmmm I can see nairaland was more interesting far way back 2010 than today..... *am bored* wana go to bed

(1) (Reply)

How To Hack Wifi Password 2016 / Three (3) Blog Content Writers Needed. / Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.