Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months (27734 Views)

Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million / Zulum Hails UAE For Convicting Boko Haram Sponsors, Messages Buhari / Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Islie: 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
The presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the February 23, 2019 poll, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has spent six months in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Atiku, a former vice president, who jetted out of the country since April, has not returned. His political associates said Atiku had remained in Dubai following alleged plots by some bigwigs in the ruling APC and top officials of government to “blackmail” him.

One of his allies said, “After the February 23 election, don’t forget that was a very hectic process, physically, spiritually, emotionally and otherwise. So, he took a break to go and rest. All of us did, I did it too.”

But another highly placed source close to the former vice president who spoke on condition of anonimity said, “He took a break after the elections and was planning to come back to attend a programme at the AUN and that was in May, he travelled in April.

“But there was credible information on the evil plots of these people. And they were planning the MKO Abiola model. We all know what happened in the case of MKO Abiola, contrived allegations, arrest, and all of that, and he stayed away.

“That situation has not changed. We know the character of this administration, what they are capable of doing and we didn’t want him to be the issue. The issue now is the democracy that was at a crossroad. And that is what everybody was focused on, it was only common sense for him to stay away while all the processes were playing out.

“So, that is why he has continued to stay away. He is in Dubai,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-atiku-is-in-uae-for-6-months.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
I dont even trust the cow Buhari

He wants to treat our president Atiku Abubakar and give him the shehu dikko treatment.

22 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by helinues: 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
Atiku that just opened a boutique in Dubai after the Supreme court lose..

Atiku is back to business ooo.. Saving for 2023 grin

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Iamgrey5(m): 2:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
Olodo Article

We are not in military era where key opposition figures can be arrested for no reason.

There was a very large gang up to remove Buhari among some sections of the Nigerian Elite group before the 2019 elections.

Majority of the elites are still in Nigeria till date and they are not being harassed. I.e. Obasanjo

So what makes Atiku's own different?

Atiku better forget about all this propaganda and count his loses.

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by MrVegina(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Atiku that just opened a boutique in Dubai after the Supreme court lose..

Atiku is back to business ooo.. Saving for 2023 grin
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by KanuIsCursed: 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Amadioha kill anybody that try to equate Atiku electoral lost abiolo

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Olodo Article

We are not in military era where key opposition figures can be arrested for no reason.

There was a very large gang up to remove Buhari among some sections of the Nigerian Elite group before the 2019 elections.

Majority of the elites are still in Nigeria till date and they are not being harassed. I.e. Obasanjo

So what makes Atiku's own different? I.e.

Leave them.
Ffk is running his mouth everyday,nothing is happening

Saraki is walking free

Fayose is walking free

If Buhari was petty or had scores to settle, enough noisemakers would be jailed.

Only thing I cannot understand is why they arrested sowore. Not good at all.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by seunmsg(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
Atiku the loser is running when no one is chasing him. When he’s tired of Dubai, he will return home. Nobody is planning to arrest him for his political decisions.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by ijustdey: 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by oluwasegun007(m): 12:33am On Nov 04, 2019
Lol
Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Proclivity33(m): 12:35am On Nov 04, 2019
Fikifukafuki:
grin

I pray ure benefiting from this administration like buharis family, else...I'm really sad for u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by wwwihy: 12:36am On Nov 04, 2019
Atikulooters

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by NonFarmPayrol: 12:37am On Nov 04, 2019
His life
His money

As a billionaire he can live anywhere cheesy

And his bank stills gets alerts

4 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 04, 2019
Proclivity33:

I pray ure benefiting from this administration like buharis family, else...I'm really sad for u

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Temptee101(m): 12:38am On Nov 04, 2019
shocked

When bubu is done with Nigeria and Nigerians, una eye go clear

Shebi, bubu has applied for another 3 billion dollars loan plus 25 trillion naira debt already

Multiple taxation have started from left, right and center, it won't still be enough to pay back, they will move from house to house emptying everybody's purse and accounts to offset these unpayable loans

Spits

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by fk002: 12:40am On Nov 04, 2019
Atiku is just a sore loser thanks to SE, he should have known that anyone they supported fail woefuly.

SE stay out of politics and face your business , is not your calling leave SS, SW and North to continue playing their political chess game.

Just take a several seat back and watch.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by AntiWailer: 12:43am On Nov 04, 2019
Lol.

The MOFO lost and shld move on.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by globalresource: 12:45am On Nov 04, 2019
E no wan die for Buhari hand

Only a dead man will say Buhari is fighting corruption
Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by samuelthaking(m): 12:50am On Nov 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Olodo Article

But if I may ask, what about Sowore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:21am On Nov 04, 2019
Eh ya.......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:22am On Nov 04, 2019
Atiku, a former vice president, who jetted out of the country since April, has not returned. His political associates said Atiku had remained in Dubai following alleged plots by some bigwigs in the ruling APC and top officials of government to “blackmail” him.
The guilty is afraid.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by hjedua(m): 1:26am On Nov 04, 2019
Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 04, 2019
I wonder who cursed Africans
Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by raumdeuter: 1:45am On Nov 04, 2019
Atiku is using 6 months to recover from stress of election

Thank God say he no win shey na 6months he go use holiday

The same people saying Buhari don old and no get stamina

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by michaelwilli(m): 1:47am On Nov 04, 2019
ornicus:

Leave them.
Ffk is running his mouth everyday,nothing is happening

Saraki is walking free

Fayose is walking free

If Buhari was petty or had scores to settle, enough noisemakers would be jailed.

Only thing I cannot understand is why they arrested sowore. Not good at all.

Sowore's offence was treason and is punishable by death according to the law, but I don't think he'll be killed. He actually won't be killed. He might just be incarcerated till the end of this tenure

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by nairalanduseles: 2:03am On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=Fikifukafuki post=83720000][/quote]

Just a kid looking for likes.....he has no idea what is going on.....only people paying bills understand
Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by tiwiex(m): 2:05am On Nov 04, 2019
michaelwilli:

Sowore's offence was treason and is punishable by death according to the law, but I don't think he'll be killed. He actually won't be killed. He might just be incarcerated till the end of this tenure
Sowore committed treason? Yet a court granted him bail? Weh Don sir oga.

5 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by Igbokid: 2:13am On Nov 04, 2019
Atiku
Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by jaxxy(m): 2:20am On Nov 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Olodo Article

So because people spoke against the poorly conducted election and contested it or spoke against bad governance means there was a gang up by elites?

When people spoke against Jonathan’s government due to bad governance including obasanjo there was no gang up by elites then abi?

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Is In UAE For 6 Months by MrVegina(m): 2:26am On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83720384:
Eh ya.......
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Prays For Gov Adeleke, Says God Will Continue To Suport You(pics) / Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos / Don’t Tempt Military To Attack N’delta – IYC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.