Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment (2420 Views)

Naeto C Quits Storm Records / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman / Is Ikechuku On Mo'hits Or Storm Records ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by BrOwnSuga3: 12:28am On Nov 15, 2010
Artist GT the Guitarman, after months of speculation and rumors that he was leaving Storm Records, confirms to LadybrilleNigeria his official departure from Storm Records to form his label EMBER Entertainment.

“Leaving Storm Records is a natural result of an inner development. I signed a (three) 3 year deal with them in 2005, stayed on for an additional couple of years all the time I was growing within and trying to figure out how to take GT to the next level,” said the artist who now goes by the name GT in an exclusive to LadybrilleNigeria.

“The answer was/is Ember Entertainment. The time has come to lay the foundation for the future. I am grateful for the support I had and still have from Storm through the years. I had a wonderful time while I was with Storm. There might have been a lot of things I wasn’t satisfied with though, but that hasn’t changed my love and respect for Storm. They are an integral part of who I have become and without them I might not have matured creatively this quickly. Obi Asika is my Father and mentor.”

To me, i think he made the right decision

what do you guys fink?
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by Freshh50(m): 2:02am On Nov 15, 2010
gudlk 2 him bt mak em no jons
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by tosinaded(m): 6:45am On Nov 15, 2010
Storm is abt naeto and sasha. . . .
Watch saucekid follow
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by eleshin(m): 7:43am On Nov 15, 2010
yeah he was frustrated beyond expression,little or no promo 4 his album.dis is d kind of artist dt deservs aggresive promotion of kennis music nt all those talentless jaywon.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by Rhymstein(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2010
@eleshin
big business men get into a deal dat makes big profit
jaywon kinda music sells not d lil or no returns GT wld bring

its not by goin indie,does GT have d financial backup for massive promotions,shoot gud videos etc.if not storm go better
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by badman(m): 8:28am On Nov 15, 2010
its about that time, talent without promo

tosinaded@:

Storm is abt naeto and sasha

GBAM
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by tosinaded(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2010
Na y i still like kennis! Promote ur artistes equally. . .
Saucekid's album almost died a natural death. . . .no promo, nothing. . .everytn was done by saucekid himself.
Gt's album died even b4 it was released. . .
Ikechukwu left,now gt. . . Next na sauce go follow.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by overboard(m): 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
Well, long time coming. It reminds me of the way people dey leave questionmark too but at storm there seems to be a 1st class clique, sasha dem. Bold step but its true dat its a jungle out there when u r independent. Go ask eedris, toni tetuila, ex-questionmarkers, ppl lik dare & eldee seemd 2 hav bak up money and dat may be y it seemed easier 4 dem after storm. Labels provide a backbone no matta how useless they may be but God dey sha.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by bjmighty(m): 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2010
Obi Asika dey surprise me now oo. D guy no even try for sauce at all.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by rapjunkie(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2010
tosinaded@:

Na y i still like kennis! Promote your artistes equally. . .
Saucekid's album almost died a natural death. . . .no promo, nothing. . .everytn was done by saucekid himself.
Gt's album died even b4 it was released. . .
Ikechukwu left,now gt. . . Next na sauce go follow.

bjmighty:

Obi Asika dey surprise me now oo. D guy no even try for sauce at all.

u guys make me laugh. . . .wetin u wan make obi asika do?. . . sauce kid shot numerous videos, performed at many shows and was given enough time and had ample opportunity to promote himself, . . YEARS!!!. . . .see all the collabos on the album sef!!. . . the fact is that Saucekids album didn't speak to the people ( it flopped!) . . . people no send the tracks. . . storm can not force people to buy an album
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by tosinaded(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2010
Rapjunkie, u no fit sabi pass me. . .
Even notjustok did more promo for AA. . .

Twas a fukkn flop, Gt's album was a fukkn flop, ikechukwu's album was a flop. . . .
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by Mobinga: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2010
tosinaded@:

Twas a fukkn flop, Gt's album was a fukkn flop, ikechukwu's album was a flop. . . .

+1

Did Tosin actually write this ^^^ ? This world is ending
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by mbulela: 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2010
Mobinga:

+1

i almost fainted.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by mbulela: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2010
Rhymstein:

@eleshin
big business men get into a deal dat makes big profit
jaywon kinda music sells not d lil or no returns GT wld bring

its not by goin indie,does GT have d financial backup for massive promotions,shoot gud videos etc.if not storm go better
going by the argument in the bold part, how profitable are Sasha projects?
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by tosinaded(m): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2010
mbulela:

going by the argument in the bold part, how profitable are Sasha projects?

thank u o

Mobinga:

+1

its the truth . . . . . .
That album would av done more wiv more promo
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by mbulela: 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2010
tosinaded@:

thank u o
its the truth . . . . . .
That album would av done more wiv more promo
I am not a hip hop head but i listened to that album and i agree that it had the seeds of commercial success.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by mbulela: 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
rapjunkie:

u guys make me laugh. . . .wetin u wan make obi asika do?. . . sauce kid shot numerous videos, performed at many shows and was given enough time and had ample opportunity to promote himself, . . YEARS!!!. . . .see all the collabos on the album sef!!. . . the fact is that Saucekids album didn't speak to the people ( it flopped!) . . . people no send the tracks. . . storm can not force people to buy an album
but they can try to force us to buy Sasha's albums?
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by bjmighty(m): 1:15am On Nov 17, 2010
tosinaded@:

Tosin, na small remain wey i for fall for where i sit down. if u see how u make me vibrate like 3310. grin grin Sauce album no suppose flop like that wit all d promo wey sauce give am. There's a problem with Obi.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by tosinaded(m): 1:22am On Nov 17, 2010
Hehe. . .no go fall o
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by chronique(m): 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2010
in my own opinion,i think sauce kid's album is not it at all. my lil cousin described it as noise. songs like you don dey madt and sinzu is sinzu got so many crappy lyrics. it's not what i was expecting from the sauce kid that got me hyping his money lounge mixtape 5 yrs back. i dont think storm can be blamed for his album's failure. but for gt and ikechukwu,i'll say they just didnt push them well.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by 04kaa: 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2010
sauce was better under Q-beats than under storm, na so family business be, storm records is a family business
dont u see how ysg is promoting vector?? vector is now number 2 in nigeria after Mi. all because of the right ysg promo, obi asika na businessman, family business man, so it is expected. i remember when vector was trying t get signed to storm, obi asika frustrated it, thank God vector is bigger than the whole of storm record artists today.
na so life be, life na nemesis, those u look down on will become tomorrow's leaders, never look down on anybody and never ever underrate anybody, Gt the guitarman we wish u the best of luck
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by raino: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2010
Are storm artistes really making dough? Or is it just noize we be hearing from em.I have a feeling they are only getting played not PAID.Maybe dats why GT left. grin Hunger don beat the guy pieces so im carry im guitar run!
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by Freshh50(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2010
finaly storm stil do gud music.lets jus say they r nt 2 gud wit promos bt they gv shws, afterall na them get naetoc shasha n pype aint they doin wel, lets jus say gt was fed up, as 4 oluwa saucekid baba hes one of ma favrite rapper bt promo killed him,
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by dawhizkid1(m): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2010
Apart from Kennis, Most Nigerian Record Label don't Promote their Artistes' music these days. . . They only try to promote the Artiste, And that tactic hv failed woefully. Let me giv an example, I don't live in Lagos but like 3months to When 2face Grass2Grace was to be released Radio stations in the Warri-PH axis wan blast For Instance Die, so tey everybody go dey talk about the album before it drops. Look the Way Jaywon's Filebe got same type of Promo. Jaywon's Filebe Video was one of the most aired Video in the South-South, n it got everybody talkin about him b4 his album dropped!

These other Record Label get their artiste on few gigs(how many 9ja peeps dey attend gigs), Few Magazine interview(When last i read mag sef?), Buy a Blackberry 4 dem to tweet and facebook deir lives away(hw many % of 9ja populatn uses d internet), Give their songs to notjustok and all. These promo doesn't get to the masses, na only the few privileged, n that's y most album failed these days.

Just imagine nw, Ruggedman Album is dropping on Saturday, n all he does is tweet n upd8 his fb page with My album drops 20th Nov, Can sum1 plz tell him twitter n facebook don't sell albums?

Massive Radio/TV promo can sell an album way more than d internet n stuffs, bt unfortunately Most Record label don't provide that these days, i just don't understand y. . .
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by 04kaa: 9:03am On Nov 18, 2010
hmm real talk whizkid
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by tosinaded(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2010
As in just imagine saucekid under kennis music. . . . .
See wut ysg entertainment is doing with vector. .
Dem wan use promo finish the guy. . .
As in they went to almost all the radio stations in naija. . .

Gt is such a talent. . . .
2bad he was wiv storm records.

I think the best thing is to be ur own ceo!
But that takes a great deal of work, connections. . . .
And butt kissing. . .
Or be ready to battle dem industry god fathers. .

I can swear i did more promo 4 saucekid on the net. . . . .
As in the guy is fukkn talented,album is good 4 it not to hit. . .
Buh too bad,most people avnt even heard of him outside lagos or western part of naija. . . . . .

Promo pass internet o,na only radio sumpeople fit access. .
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by 04kaa: 10:11am On Nov 18, 2010
tosinaded@:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lmao

tosinaded@:

As in just imagine saucekid under kennis music. . . . .

butt kissing. . .
Or be ready to battle dem industry god fathers. .

As in the guy is fukkn talented,
Buh too bad,

Promo pass internet o,
real talk
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by rapjunkie(m): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2010
da-whizkid:

Apart from Kennis, Most Nigerian Record Label don't Promote their Artistes' music these days. . . They only try to promote the Artiste, And that tactic hv failed woefully. Let me giv an example, I don't live in Lagos but like 3months to When 2face Grass2Grace was to be released Radio stations in the Warri-PH axis wan blast For Instance Die, so tey everybody go dey talk about the album before it drops. Look the Way Jaywon's Filebe got same type of Promo. Jaywon's Filebe Video was one of the most aired Video in the South-South, n it got everybody talkin about him b4 his album dropped!

These other Record Label get their artiste on few gigs(how many 9ja peeps dey attend gigs), Few Magazine interview(When last i read mag sef?), Buy a Blackberry 4 dem to tweet and facebook deir lives away(hw many % of 9ja populatn uses d internet), Give their songs to notjustok and all. These promo doesn't get to the masses, na only the few privileged, n that's y most album failed these days.

Just imagine nw, Ruggedman Album is dropping on Saturday, n all he does is tweet n upd8 his fb page with My album drops 20th Nov, Can sum1 plz tell him twitter n facebook don't sell albums?

Massive Radio/TV promo can sell an album way more than d internet n stuffs, bt unfortunately Most Record label don't provide that these days, i just don't understand y. . .

True talk. . . .

BUT I don't think anybody can say Sauce kid was not promoted over the last 12 months ( at least on the internet)

HOWEVER, if Storm didn't promote the album on the radio ( unlikely since they run Beat FM) or TV ( unlikely cos they shot numerous videos eg underg with don jazzy) then you can blame them

@Tosin

what promo did Sauce do for Yebariba? how did it become such a national hit?
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by overboard(m): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ da-whizkid
Word! i.e. true yarns especially concerning rgourous TV/radio promo bt dnt blame em 4 gvin em BBs n gettin em shows. Storm is a productn power house n they use their connect to simulate artist welfare which is gud. At d least they do sumthin. Wot about those dat put u on d shelf n go superhungry at all times? Dats prolly d only reason Im goin 2 even give a half thumb up 4 Yes! Records bt those ones hav gottn their priority misplaced greatly, @Tosin
Storm dnt control radio no more o! Even wit their Beat fm affiliatn or is it ownrship? Dat is only 1 station out of 2 many n I doubt their listenership reach Cool or Rhythm. Infact in d time past, they were reportd 2 b one of d heavy gratificatn givers bt dat may hav changd as DJs hav turnd gangsta everywhr now, even 4 gospel music!
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by eleshin(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2010
wen it cums 2 promo kennis is no1,storm had d best of 9ja talents bt mani of dem left cos of lil or no promo.gt is a diamond in d ruff,wit d rite support i'm sure he wil blow.
Re: Breaking News: Gt The Guitarman Leaves Storm Records, Forms Ember Entertainment by rapjunkie(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ah5FNKXEY?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type=[/flash]

the guy get talent sha. . . .  .see live performance. . . . .just his voice and the guitar. . . see confidence. . .  .i think that storm ( predominantly  a rap label)  didn't know what to do with him

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Music : Olamide -turn Up (prod. Pheelz) / 70′s/80′s : Ofege – Nobody Fails (for Dads) / Touch My Body - Alone Song Lyrics Aditi Singh Sharma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.