Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria (5571 Views)

4% Of The World’s Unemployed Are Nigerians / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 / Important Message For All Voters And Interested Parties In The Anambra Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
[size=18pt]49: E. A. Adeboye[/size]

Extract from Newsweek Magazine

A Pentecostal preacher from Nigeria has made big plans to save your soul.
You may never have heard of E. A. Adeboye, but the pastor of The Redeemed Christian Church of God is one of the most successful preachers in the world. He boasts that his church has outposts in 110 countries. He has 14,000 branches—claiming 5 million members—in his home country of Nigeria alone. There are 360 RCCG churches in Britain, and about the same number in U.S. cities like Chicago, Dallas, and Tallahassee, Fla. Adeboye says he has sent missionaries to China and such Islamic countries as Pakistan and Malaysia. His aspirations are outsize. He wants to save souls, and he wants to do so by planting churches the way Starbucks used to build coffee shops: everywhere.

"In the developing world we say we want churches to be within five minutes' walk of every person," he tells NEWSWEEK. "In the developed world, we say five minutes of driving." Such a goal may seem outlandish, but Adeboye is a Pentecostal preacher: he believes in miracles. And Pentecostalism is the biggest, fastest-growing Christian movement since the Reformation.

[size=14pt]No wonder Buhuri came to see this man of God who is purported to have 5 million members in his Church in Nigeria. This estimate is the adult population not counting the youths in the Church. It means Adeboye has hold of 8.4% of Nigerian electorates,  if 60 million Nigerians are registered to vote and they vote.

Obviously this population goes down if the number of voters increases, I think in the last exercise, 2007 we had 72 million Nigerians who voted nation-wide,  which means Adeboye had 7.1% of all votes in Nigeria, this is a considerable bloc which any candidate worth his or her salt should not ignore,  if that candidate is positively looking to win the elections.

If one were to take the total votes of all Pentecostal Churches in the country as one huge wholesome bloc,  that means, a figure of 20% of all votes cannot be far-fetched  a considerable figure NO candidate running for the Presidency should ignore, that is wholesome and amazing.

That is some clout.[/size]   undecided
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
[b]If we are truly having a free and fair election come 2011, this bloc should be behind the winner, because the remainder 80% of the electorates would be split between all the other parties. This is one bloc that should not be taken for gra[/b]nted.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by MrDuerulu(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2010
What is the essence of planting churches at every 5 minutes walking distance? Do you think it's economical? For God sake, its cheaper having a big church at 15 or 20min distance that runs 2 or 3 sunday services.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2010
What About the sultan of Sokoto who is the spiritual head of of 50% of the nigerian population.Not the mention the Roman catholic church that controls over 25 million nigerians and over 60% of the south eastern population.

RCCG does not even have more population than the Anglican church.Besides your analysis is misleading because even if the RCCG has 5m members I seriously doubt that up to 505 of them have attained the voting age of 18 yrs
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Pharoh: 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2010
Mr Duerulu:

What is the essence of planting churches at every 5 minutes walking distance? Do you think it's economical? For God sake, its cheaper having a big church at 15 or 20min distance that runs 2 or 3 sunday services.

Do we have effective property tax? but i believe even if we have the church will surely find money to pay since Nigerian citizens prefer to pay offering than to pay tax. They can contribute huge money to church projects but will never support any health, business or education project. Where i am three churches share one facility on Sunday since they will hold service at different times of the day. This same facility is a language school and a foreigners meeting point.

You hardly see banks having their own separate buildings, they normally take one floor and the rest is for shops and other services. but what did we have in Nigeria during the banking boom? they were competing and building banks on every street that was available and where are those today? I am sick of that country, so many problems and misdirection due to ignorance and underexposure. I pray we see the light someday.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2010
Unclear how much political influence these guys really have. . .
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2010
What About the sultan of Sokoto who is the spiritual head of  of  50% of the  nigerian population.Not the mention the Roman catholic church that controls over 25 million nigerians and over 60% of the south eastern population.

RCCG does not even have more population than the  Anglican church.Besides your analysis is misleading because even if the RCCG has 5m members I seriously doubt that up to 505 of them have attained the voting age of 18 yrs

Redeem is a new age church,  unlike d sultan of sokoto or d catholics in d east, d members of redeem are born-again xtrains who heed to every word of their General Overseer obviously through d parish pastor. Unlike d catholic of d East, how many have actually dedicated their life to d church, many are Catholics because they were born a catholic, a large proportion of d sole called 32 million Catholics have never been inside a church 4 decades, or how come d society in East has degenerated to almost anarchy in d case of Abia State if d citizen of this state hold on dearly to the tenents of catholic teaching.

Kidnapping has over-run d whole SE Nigeria. It was once a time dat people fear God in the East that is a bygone era. On the Sultan of Sokoto, Kano & d NE has never voted with Sokoto, check all d previous election so saying d sultan of Sokoto is d spiritual head of muslims in Nigeria will not hold.

Daddy G.O wether u like it or not is a living legend, it is not when somebody dies, b4 the person becomes a hero, this is life hero and one of d 50 most influential people in d world.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by igbobuigbo: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2010
This is another bullshitty news. How many people worship under the Banner of RCCG compared to Catholics, Anglicans, Muslims and other churches? How many of those are eligible to vote, legally speaking? The man holds nobody's vote and even if he does, it will be tyrannically of him to force people to vote for a particular candidate. Many Nigerians are ignoramuses, brainwashed by fake pastors and imams to he extent that some will run to Adeboye/Imam to ask him how they should sleep with their spouses. Nonsense
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
This is another bullshitty news. How many people worship under the Banner of RCCG compared to Catholics, Anglicans, Muslims and other churches? How many of those are eligible to vote, legally speaking? The man holds nobody's vote and even if he does, it will be tyrannically of him to force people to vote for a particular candidate. Many Nigerians are ignoramuses, brainwashed by fake pastors and imams to he extent that some will run to Adeboye/Imam to ask him how they should sleep with their spouses. Nonsense

Because your parents born u as a Muslim, catholic, Anglican without any input from u does not make u a Muslim, catholic or Anglican. The Kingpin Kidnapper in Abia State is also born a catholic, is dat how a dedicated catholic should live his life, robbing , raping and killing inocent citizens. undecided

The 5 million adults in Redeem were drawn from de-enfrachised Muslim, catholics, Anglicans and animalist, they made a deliberate & consious effort to re-connect with their maker after accepting Jesus Christ as their lord & Saviour, nothing wrong in Daddy GO guiding his flocks towards political relevance in Nigeria after all there is power in numbers. undecided

1 Like

Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by becomrich5: 2:13am On Nov 16, 2010
chukwudi44, when last did you go to nigeria. Nigerian now mostly go to churches that have nigeria root.  Most of the older churches have problem. Nobody is ready not to be married. It is out of Africa cultures.

It is an abomination in africa, not to be married.  ASk anyone.  nigerian also look at capital flight by some of the old churches.

chukwudi44 as an african will you allow your brother not to be married. What do you think would happen in africa??

So most people have switch from the older generation churches. they are becoming empty.  Nigerian mostly go to churches with strong nigeria root.

On religion and vote. In nigeria the most influence thing in vote is not religion but ethnics. no northern muslim  can  tell southern muslim to vote for a candidate because of religion, they would not vote. No pastors in the south too can tell people from plateau to vote for a candidate.   

MKO abiola was a muslim from the south , and northern muslim killed him.  Gowon was a christain from the north and he order the killing of nearly 1,000,000 christain.

But an ethnic leader can tell people where to vote in Nigeria. Ethnicity is the important key to voting in Nigeria and africa as a whole, if you are from the right ethnics , it is the major help. ethnic leader are more powerful than religion leaders in nigeria. that why you have civil war in africa. people are loyal to thier ethnicity

The fight with the tusi and huntu was ethnic based. If I say cut off that man head. You would find his head on the floor for ethnic reason. 

The north has been using religion base on the fact that they wanted political control.

Chief Obafemi awolowo had hold on over 30% of the vote. people see him as a ethnic leader and not religion.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by mensdept: 2:22am On Nov 16, 2010
Just look at the title of the thread. DADDY ADEBOYE HAS A HOLD ON 8.4% OF ALL VOTERS, blah blah, blah

You see how some of us think. One man already[b] HAS [/b] the absolute control, command, and fate of 8.4% of Nigeria.

Well, thank God I'm not a part of that mumu 8.4% who cant think for themselves.

For KNOWALL, who are you trying to deceive? We dont need to be educated about your will to promote and advertise commercial enterprises aka the above church, here on Nairaland.

Who even dash em 5 million, because they are based in a metropolis called Lagos State they are now automatically 5 million.

Let us be serious for a change and drop our military experience mentality of so and so HAS HOLD on nonsense.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by becomrich5: 2:36am On Nov 16, 2010
Nigeria politician all claim to be christain but they still rob the people. So in nigeria, except if you are a very good moral christain and not just an ordinary christain before religion help you. ut if you are part of the party that have been robbing the people of Nigeria. Your religion is of no good to you.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by becomrich5: 2:45am On Nov 16, 2010
Is like this. I have been saying edo, delta and Yorubas  should join benin republic. If a pastors comes out and tell edo,delta and yoruba to remain in Nigeria and continue to suffer, I am telling you, religion or no religion in nigeria. people would  leave his church. That is church would become empty. That should better tell you the impact of ethnicity in Nigeria. even if the pope goes to igbo and tell them. THey would give order to igbo never to step thier foot in his church. He would be lucky if they dont burn down that church.

Ethnicity is stronger than religion in africa include nigeria. People loyality is first to thier ethnics group before any other thing. ethnicity is more important than even country. even they can kick out  thier wife if he tell them nonsense about thier ethnic group.
You can see how yar adua wife brough back his dead husband. It was for pure ethnic reason. she wanted them to retain the presidency. This is how strong ethnicity is in africa.
Ethnicity is stronger than religion in africa including nigeria.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by igbobuigbo: 2:51am On Nov 16, 2010
KnowAll:

Because your parents born u as a Muslim, catholic, Anglican without any input from u does not make u a Muslim, catholic or Anglican. The Kingpin Kidnapper in Abia State is also born a catholic, is dat how a dedicated catholic should live his life, robbing , despoiling and killing inocent citizens.   undecided

The 5 million adults in Redeem were drawn from de-enfrachised Muslim, catholics, Anglicans and animalist, they made a deliberate & consious effort to re-connect with their maker after accepting Jesus Christ as their lord & Saviour, nothing wrong in Daddy GO guiding his flocks towards political relevance in Nigeria after all there is power in numbers. undecided

You dey craze. So RCCG is the way to heaven? You are indeed brain-washed.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by becomrich5: 3:08am On Nov 16, 2010
Tony rapu calls it churchnism,  igbobuigbo . redeemed church is not the way to heaven.

Jesus is what the bible says is the way to heaven

The problem is some people do not know the difference between God and church They assume going to church is the way to heaven or following a pastor.  That has nothing to do with God.

God is a relationship. The church you go to does not really matter, it is the relationship, you have with God , that matters. I know redeemed pastors , who have no relationship with God . But their relationship is more to men and thier church. i know one over here.

You see to understand God, it has nothing to do with church but a heart thing. Working for a church does not mean you are working for God.

It is the relationship you have with God that matter. Like I have been saying, any pastors who says Yorubas should not join benin republic, does not know God. He is a child of the devil.

You see because a church want to collect big tithe and offering in a big country and you now risk the life of the people in a civil war. It only shows you, that church is a greedy church. And greed is a mark of the children of the devil.

I am for peace and not war. And so is God.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by mensdept: 3:17am On Nov 16, 2010
Being a pastor in Naija is an opportunity to gain power, wealth, women, and prestige, just like military coup and election rigging. The fact that this is happening in Naija is a "TESTIMONY" that millions of our people are mumu, cowards, children-like, and complacent. You would think if our country was developed, clean water and air, constant electricity, good government, descent hospitals, a good soccer team and league, that everyone would be worshipping GOD and pastors would be considered angels themselves. But NO. Donate to pastor and not to community project or movement to rid your land of tyrants
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Beaf: 3:29am On Nov 16, 2010
mens dept:

Being a pastor in Naija is an opportunity to gain power, wealth, women, and prestige, just like military coup and election rigging. [size=14pt]The fact that this is happening in Naija is a "TESTIMONY" that millions of our people are mumu, cowards, children-like, and complacent[/size]. You would think if our country was developed, clean water and air, constant electricity, good government, descent hospitals, a good soccer team and league, that everyone would be worshipping GOD and pastors would be considered angels themselves. But NO. Donate to pastor and not to community project or movement to rid your land of tyrants

Preach bro, preach!! cool
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 3:58am On Nov 16, 2010
^--- Sad, but true  sad

I even know of a pastor at a Redeemed who was caught having s-ex with one of the secretaries. And this is a guy who would anoint my head with oil, pray over me, etc. I was flabbergasted when I heard this story.

Since then I've realized that following any human like a cow is a recipe for disaster. . .
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by becomrich5: 5:26am On Nov 16, 2010
dapobear. the issue, some people are born silly. ?
If you have to destroy your family for a pastor or a church. You must be a stupid1 person. because the pastor takes your money to take care of his own family. while fool1 person destroy his own for the wise.

A fool1 is a fool1. may think he is wise, there is no pastor on this earth, I would destroy my life or happiness for. I come first before any pastor.  and african have to know that. You are not born less than a pastor.

It is the lack of understand and lack of wisdom among african that make them think stupid1. The Yorubas are one of the very unwise people in nigeria. Northerners would never agree that the southern use them the way they use the south. Without calling jack, the north would break up the country if it is to thier own disadvantage and they would not care who backside it does not favour.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 6:28am On Nov 16, 2010
^--- Eh, we don't have guns or an army. If we did, then things would probably be different. And certainly if the north DIDN'T control the army, then they'd have zero say in anything in the country. Who would give a damn what they say without guns to support it?
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2010
becomrich5:

Is like this. I have been saying edo, delta and Yorubas  should join benin republic . If a pastors comes out and tell edo,delta and yoruba to remain in Nigeria and continue to suffer, I am telling you, religion or no religion in nigeria. people would  leave his church. That is church would become empty. That should better tell you the impact of ethnicity in Nigeria. even if the pope goes to igbo and tell them. THey would give order to igbo never to step thier foot in his church. He would be lucky if they dont burn down that church.

Guy werrin concern edo and delta with yoruba? Ah ah if u wan go benin republic u fit take the OYO route (On your Own). Abeg leave delta state out of your plans,
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2010
It irritates me when ppl talk foolishly and sheepishly like this. The pastor cannot win presidential election himself let alone getting that % to win Buhari or anybody. Many ppl go to his church just for going sake. Just to have places of worship and enjoy the band(music). They know how to play band which we know. In Nigeria, once ur church knows how to play band, u've succeeded already. In Redeem camp, they fuk both in and outside the church. Anybody who want to preach should go to religious section and enjoy himself there. There are alot of thread over there. Dont mix religion with politics.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Abbaj: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2010
KNOWALL ur are an uncivilised religious fanatic. So catholics are now kidnappers and rccg are now saints? Ignorance is d cancer disturbing you and your alike. Zobie inside rccg!
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=14pt]All you people criticising Daddy G.O, are all scared, G.O. alone would galvanise 8 million votes towards any candidate the Pentecostal union declares for, Bakare has promise 12 million votes, the irony is Muslims, Cathalics, Anglicans and animalist are making the ranks of the Pentecostal movement grow from strenght to strenght  everyday a fact many cannot stomach  shocked, like I said b4 there is power in numbers and thank God Democracy is a game about numbers[/size].  cool

[size=14pt]A new dawn has come - Bakare's quotation[/size]

Bakare added that the electorate would have the upper hand in the 2011, He said that the SNG would mobilise 12 million voters, who would be able to determine the outcome of any electoral contest.

He said, “SNG is not a political party; I’m not a member of any political party but let me tell you, 2011 election is the election of voters; not of any political party.

“We are mobilising 12 million voters across the country. These are non-partisan people who will be able to determine the results of any elections. This time around, if anyone tries to rig the elections, we are ready to use every weapon at our disposal to fight to defend the votes
.”
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Abbaj: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2010
Know all please try get a job ok! An idle mind is a devils workshop. I see no difference with you and alimajeris and taliban because they are brainless and rely on their master to help them to think coz your brains are empty. People like your are very dangerous and worse than the devil itself! GOD BLESS U TB JOSHUA
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Nov 16, 2010
I doubt very much that Adeboye has a hold of his church members. The church is made of people of different ideologies, ethnicities and creed. So they don't think alike. Apart from that RCCG does not have the kind of influence that Catholic, The Emir and co have on their people. If the pope or Cardinal Arinze endorses a candidate you can be sure that at least 40% of the Igbo population will go for that person.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2010
afam4eva:

If the pope or Cardinal Arinze endorses a candidate you can be sure that at least 40% of the Igbo population will go for that person.

Disturbing if true.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2010
I doubt very much that Adeboye has a hold of his church members. The church is made of people of different ideologies, ethnicities and creed. So they don't think alike. Apart from that RCCG does not have the kind of influence that Catholic, The Emir and co have on their people. If the pope or Cardinal Arinze endorses a candidate you can be sure that at least 40% of the Igbo population will go for that person.

[size=14pt]The good thing about spirit filled, speaking in tongue born again sons and daughters, even their parents would not be able to tell them to vote for someone else if Daddy GO confirms through prayer and fasting this is how we shall cast our vote come 2011.

Do not misconstrue throwing our weight behind a candidate as equals to winning an election, after all we are only 20% of the electorates(the Pentecostal Family as a whole ) anyone of the old charlatans and crooks can capture 50% to 60% of the votes making them the eventual winner, but our little strength should not be taking for granted.

Unlike mainstream Nigerians who are busy fighting each other, Yoruba’s are on Igbo’s throat and vice-versa, born again,  spirit filled Christians who speak the heavenly language of tongues have an unbreakable bound,  those from the North are brethrens to those from the East,  and those from the East are brethrens to those from the West, we don’t need your worldly prejudice and divisiveness in our little heaven of righteousness,  we are all brethrens b4 the lord and we would stand for each other, no man can separate us,  once again there is strength in numbers.

The same catholic that  you so exult are they not the ones bludgeoning people to death all over the East, those are not Catholics, in fact Catholics like Anglicans is a fast dieing faith in Nigeria,  hence the atrocities all over the country.

The emirs have never voted together.

Sultan of Sokoto – 1979 – NPN

EMIR OF Kano – 1979 – PDP

Shehu of Borno – 1979 – GNPP

Gwom Gwong of Jos – 1979 – NPP

That was one free a fair election.[/size]
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2010
[size=16pt]The Death of Catholism and the Anglican Church[/size]

The Yoruba people say: "Igbagbo ko pe k'a ma s'oro ile wa" meaning - Christianity does not bar us from celebrating our family (or community's) traditional religious festival.

Now that Islam and Christianity are the officially recognised and patronised religions, Nigerians take pride in putting on their best dresses on Fridays and Sundays to be seen in mosques and churches.

But, take it from this old horse, there is more to religious practice in Nigeria than meets the eye.

In the last few years Nigeria has witnessed a dramatic upsurge of apparent fundamentalism in Christian religious practice.

People are turning away from the orthodox churches and they are rushing to the Pentecostal churches in their millions.
The rush began with young people who were weaned on a new gospel of prosperity and miracles in college campuses.

When the new army of Pentecostal "born agains" graduated and were launched into society, the mainstream churches were caught napping; before they could feel the force of what had hit them, their former members were clapping and gyrating and sweating in new congregations.

The Pentecostal church has become a movement that is sweeping across the nation, catching both Christians and Muslims.

Rituals are no longer performed with goats and cockerels but with tithes and American dollar offerings”

Is Nollywood Nigeria's biggest export? It claims to be the fastest-growing religious sect in Nigeria; all others are merely trying out strategies to halt the force.

Yet, the secret of the Pentecostal leaders' success was apparently simple enough: They studied the Nigerian.

The average Nigerian has a strong belief in destiny.

They hold it that however hard or lazily one may work, the will of the gods, as pre-destined, will come to pass in their life.

They do not take responsibility for anything - not even for the inevitable road accident when they drive drunk, nor for exam failure resulting from truancy in class

Therefore they believe that they must appease the gods at all times.

In the past, the appeasement was to the family or communal deities.

Those rituals are now out-of-date. Enter the Pentecostal church.

The pastor or prophet in designer silk suit from Milan has taken over from the village diviner and rituals are no longer performed with goats and cockerels but with tithes and American dollar offerings.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
Church and State absolutely have to be separated. If your pastor is telling you who to vote for, then he isn't doing his job.

Look, nothing good comes from when the church meddles in political affairs. Not only does it weaken politics and democracy, but it also weakens the church. These pastors should know better than that.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by Beaf: 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

Church and State absolutely have to be separated. If your pastor is telling you who to vote for, then he isn't doing his job.

Look, nothing good comes from when the church meddles in political affairs. Not only does it weaken politics and democracy, but it also weakens the church. These pastors should know better than that.

Exactly!

Foolish adherance to religion is the main reason an id!ot like George Bush was voted in by the US. Today, they are ripping all the "benefits" as the US begins a long period of groping in the dark place their ultra Christian George Bush led them into. The same thing happened to the UK under Tony Blair.
There are bright enough pointers from more successful countries for Nigeria to observe.
Re: Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria by MaiSuya(m): 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2010
Has Adeboye endorsed any candidate? The only popular pastor who I'm aware has done that (so far) is Tunde Bakare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Ex-governor Uzor Kalu's Cars, Houses & Private Jets / Brief History Of Port Harcourt. / Buhari Was Ask About P.h.c.n.plc ,he Responded..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.