Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? (9757 Views)

How My Husband Pushed Me Into Having Sex With Other Men / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by peacettw: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2010
I have been told it's a sin but i firmly believe that if u don't act on these feelings, then you re in the clear. Will love to hear you guys opinion on this most especially the married ladies.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by rubi(f): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2010
I will not look shabby b/c I am thinking/wondering who will be attracted to me or not whoever is attracted or not is

his own cup of tea. If you don't look attractive the same people will talk so why don't you then do what makes you happy and comfortable.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by peacettw: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2010
The question is not whether men are attracted to u but whether it's right for u as a married woman to be attracted to them
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
It is normal for married men or women to be attracted to someone else of the opposite sex. But don't give in. Remember, you married the best. Don't devalue yourself by going for the second best.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Blazay(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2010
Yes. Her choice.

Simple question, simple answer.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by peacettw: 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2010
Believe me it's not dt simple. If it was, i wldn't ve totally lied when my husband's friend asked me the same question wit my husband present in d same room and i will keep lying till my dying days.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Blazay(m): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
peacettw:

Believe me it's not dt simple. If it was, i wldn't ve totally lied when my husband's friend asked me the same question wit my husband present in d same room and i will keep lying till my dying days.

Oh, honey babes. Keep lying till your dying days. Your husband is no fool and probably already knows how your mind works. If you have to keep lying till your dying days, It only means one thing. You are not at a mature point in your marriage or relationship. What a sad way to live. When your husband comes home with lipsticks all over his work shirts or text messages from unclothed women on his cell phone, he will lie to your face too. grin

Who said it was simple?
It is a simple question.
Simple question, simple answer.

It cannot be avoided for there are other men with qualities her husband may not have. Dealing with the attraction is a different topic entirely.
You have not asked for that. So, let us stick to the topic.

Why should you lie? If your husband tells you he is not attracted to other females other than yourself he is lying of course. Only insecure people are not in touch with their feelings or feel threatened by natural courses of events. By lying to your husband's friend in front of your husband, you probably exposed yourself the more. Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to utter a word and clear all doubt.

Who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by peacettw: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2010
I'm aware that men have huge ego. Now, if he tells me that he is not attracted to other women, of course I'll know he's lying but just saying that cos he doesn't want me to worry. I will do same for him cos i don't want to instill doubt. I don't knw whether u re married but too much honesty is not just healthy, it's best to be silent in certain matters if u knw it will bring strife in ur marriage. In the above situation, i couldn't ve kept quiet, that will be an admission of 'guilt' and dt to me is a worse scenario than admitting it in d first place. Saying no was the best option n will remain so.

1 Like

Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by luap: 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2010
I believe that anyone that thinks or reasons the lustful desires of others outside of their relationships, might have a disposition of polygamy.

I know that polygamy in socially unacceptable for religious or for the reason of social morality.

Knowing your self is part of growing. So if you are this way, just know you are.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by kokoye(m): 10:46pm On Nov 15, 2010
It is perfectly normal.

It is what you do with the thought that matters. . . kill it or let it nurture.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by ifyalways(f): 12:31am On Nov 16, 2010
Right or wrong i dont know but im only attracted to my husband,others i admire from afar.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by tpia5: 12:36am On Nov 16, 2010
peacettw:

something fishy is going on.

undecided
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by peacettw: 7:38am On Nov 16, 2010
tpia@:

undecided
THANK YOU! So far, u re the only person that saw that sentence for what it is or might be. Some might call it a trick question, and what was I supposed to do in dt situation?

1 Like

Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Blazay(m): 10:25am On Nov 16, 2010
tpia@:

undecided
grin
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by mutter(f): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
There is nothing wrong with a woman or man being attracted to someone of the opposite gender.
Wrong or right is what you do.
DO you just admire it as beautiful picture or do you want to have a taste.
I think however that when this happens to a married woman something is missing.or wrong.
Explore your husband, he is such a long journey and adventure you have not seen the half of what is in him. The further you go the more you will discover
There is nothing so wonderful like the attraction that gets stronger as the days go by. You need to work on it.
There are stages in a marriage where the going may get rough and the attraction fizzles but them again it can  rekindle with even a stronger flame.

1 Like

Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by DapoBear(m): 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2010
When you became married, did you turn into a goat or statue? Quite a big difference to be attracted to another man and actually acting upon it. I don't see why we are expecting people to lose their humanity once they get married.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by OAM4J: 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
People get attracted to opposite sex everyday. There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is when the attraction leads to wrongful desires.

Your husband need not feel insecure with that, or what will he do if you have to give sincere and true compliments to other sex in his presence?
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by SisiKill1: 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2010
Wouldn't the better question be -

] Is it right for a married person to be attracted to someone else.

I'm just saying because the last i checked, men and women took the same vows, except they've changed it since last saturday when i attended a wedding.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by nethacker(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2010
check urself.perhaps u hv not fortified this house wit enof info that wil lead to proper scrutiny of the whole situation sad lipsrsealed
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by tpia5: 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2010
peacettw:

THANK YOU! So far, u re the only person that saw that sentence for what it is or might be. Some might call it a trick question, and what was I supposed to do in dt situation?

tread very carefully.

it's a tough call.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by anneduke: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2010
no it is not wrong for a married woman to be attracted to another man, but the bad part is for the woman to allow a negative relationship grow out of it.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 19, 2010
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by candyshore: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2010
its right becos she looks good, but it shoudnt go farther than that
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by bawomolo(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
It is perfectly normal.

It is what you do with the thought that matters. . . kill it or let it nurture.

true
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
chaircover:

I will therefore silly if I expect my husband not to notice a beautiful lady

Like omotola ehn? grin grin
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2010
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by OAM4J: 5:13am On Nov 20, 2010
chaircover:

Jenny shebi na to "notice" ni

I dont mind noticing wink

ermm. . .ermm. . . we just decided to nominate him as the chairman of Omosexy fans club! Hope you dont mind? grin
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2010
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by DJA: 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2010
sincerely,we all get attracted to opposite sex at one point or d other,but its our duty to fix our hearts n scrutinise what goes in there after being attracted.Share all your emotional feelings with your spouse, n he/she will help you overcome more quickly.Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it comes issues of life.
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by cnnnigeria: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2010
rightly said DJA
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
I think it is ok to be attracted to other men infact it shows how well taken care of and happy a married woman is (eg Jada pickett smitt ) But crossing your boundary if you know what i mean is not acceptable and degrading. embarassed
Re: Is It right for a married woman To Be Attracted To Other men? by N101: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2011
I think people are getting confused: "admire" and "attracted to" are different things.

I can see someone of the opposite sex and admire them, but the whole thing ends there.

I don't want to go home with them.
I don't want a relationship.
I don't imagine what my life would be like with their qualities/them in it.

Now attraction is what drew me to my spouse (along with other factors). 

I want to go home with them
I want a lifetime relationship with them
I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my sheepdog  grin

So for a married woman to be "attracted to" another man implies something emotional: maybe desire, or something is missing in her current relationship, or a longing for something else, however brief it may be.  Just my opinion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cooking Should Be Both Husband And Wife Responsibility / How To Catch A Cheating Boyfriend Or Husband- A Must Read For Ladies! / A Male Child Or Female(which Is More Important)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.